March 28, 2024, 06:09:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MISSING OCOEE WOMAN: TRACY OCASIO LAST SEEN IN ORLANDO #1 5/29/09 -  (Read 321101 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: January 12, 2010, 06:22:29 PM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/tracy-ocasio-disappearance/2010/01/
WDBO Local News      
Tracy Ocasio disappearance: January 2010 Archives
Person of interest in disappearance of Ocoee woman found not guilty in seperate trial
By
Drew Petrimoulx
@ January 12, 2010 4:48 PM Permalink | Comments (0)
The person of interest in the disappearance of an Ocoee woman has been found not guilty in an unrelated criminal mischief trail. 
... continue reading Person of interest in disappearance of Ocoee woman found not guilty in seperate trial.   http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/01/person-of-interest-in-disappea.html#more

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: January 12, 2010, 06:25:55 PM »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/central-florida-defendant-sheds-clothing-during-criminal-mischief-175370.html
Central Florida defendant sheds clothing during criminal-mischief trial
By Bianca Prieto
Orlando Sentinel
Posted: 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010
An Ocoee man surprised a courtroom this afternoon when he unexpectedly shed his suit jacket and button-down shirt while testifying in his defense.

James Hataway, 29, took off some of his clothing during his trial for a misdemeanor criminal-mischief charge so he could show his tattoos. He is charged with criminal mischief for allegedly punching a van in April.

The media is attending the trial because Hataway is a person of interest in an unrelated missing-person case.

Hataway was the last person to see Ocoee resident Tracy Ocasio alive before she disappeared last May.

He has not been charged in that case.

In the criminal-mischief case, Hataway is accused of punching a woman's van in April while he was with a group of people crossing a street in Ocoee. He is accused of causing more than $200 in damages to the vehicle.

If convicted of the first-degree misdemeanor, Hataway could face up to a year in jail.
Before the jury was selected, Judge Steve Jewett asked Hataway if he was aware of the state's plea deal, which offered him 180 days in jail with credit for time served. Hataway said he knew of the plea but when asked if he would take it, he responded: "Absolutely not."

Hataway shuffled into the courtroom at 9:30 a.m. wearing jail-issued slip on shoes with a dark blue suit, a white dress shirt and no tie. He was shackled at the waist and feet.

Hataway is accused of punching and putting a dent in the side of Donnagh Robinson's van on April 19. Robinson testified that her niece, who was a passenger, identified Hataway as the person who hit the van.

Hataway was arrested and booked into the Orange County Jail but was later released on bond.

On May 26, Hataway was at The Florida Tap Room in Metrowest when he met Tracy Ocasio.

Tracy Ocasio, who was 27 when she went missing, gave him a ride home after watching an Orlando Magic playoff game at the bar. Surveillance video cameras at the bar show the two leaving together. She hasn't been heard from since.

Hataway told Ocoee police investigators Tracy Ocasio gave him a ride home and left, but claims he doesn't know what happened to her.
Police later found Tracy Ocasio's yellow Chevrolet Cobalt abandoned just a few blocks from Hataway's home.

Detectives have not charged Hataway with Tracy Ocasio's disappearance but consider him a person of interest.

In another case, Hataway is accused of attacking a Seminole County woman in August 2008 after she gave him a ride home from a party. The woman told police Hataway tried to strangle her inside of her car. When she tried to get away, he chased her and slammed her head on the ground, she told investigators. The attack near Casselberry ended when neighbors rushed to her aid.

Hataway is facing several charges in stemming from that incident and is awaiting trial in Seminole County. Hataway will be returned to the Seminole County jail once the misdemeanor case is concluded.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #462 on: January 12, 2010, 06:27:28 PM »

James Hataway found not guilty

Updated: Tuesday, 12 Jan 2010, 4:29 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 12 Jan 2010, 10:59 AM EST

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - James Hataway was found not guilty Tuesday on is on a criminal mischief charge.

Investigators say Hataway is a "person of interest" in the disappearance of Tracy Ocasio.

Hataway was with the Orange County woman when she was last seen leaving an Orlando bar in May of last year.

The charges are not related to the Oscasio case at all.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/011210-James-Hataway

~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: January 12, 2010, 07:09:40 PM »

James Hataway found not guilty

Updated: Tuesday, 12 Jan 2010, 4:29 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 12 Jan 2010, 10:59 AM EST

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - James Hataway was found not guilty Tuesday on is on a criminal mischief charge.

Investigators say Hataway is a "person of interest" in the disappearance of Tracy Ocasio.

Hataway was with the Orange County woman when she was last seen leaving an Orlando bar in May of last year.

The charges are not related to the Oscasio case at all.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/011210-James-Hataway

I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but this did not surprise me. He is no choir boy, but in his next trial he faces charges that the prosecutor elected not to charge him with, until AFTER he was arrested for having a pot pipe, allowing a previous permissive search, and Tracy's disappearance, for an entire year.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #464 on: January 13, 2010, 09:58:23 AM »

Let him go on bond and put a tail on him or a CI.  He's not a rocket scientist, maybe he will slip up and we will find out what he knows about Tracy's fate.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: January 13, 2010, 10:31:24 AM »

He is free....

Criminal mischief for allegedly punching a van in April.

That is the lessor charge I was referring too Blink... I am surprized he was not found guilty of this.

LE and the prosicution should turn in there badges and hide there faces.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #466 on: January 13, 2010, 11:05:48 AM »

In another case, Hataway is accused of attacking a Seminole County woman in August 2008 after she gave him a ride home from a party. The woman told police Hataway tried to strangle her inside of her car. When she tried to get away, he chased her and slammed her head on the ground, she told investigators. The attack near Casselberry ended when neighbors rushed to her aid.

Hataway is facing several charges in stemming from that incident and is awaiting trial in Seminole County. Hataway will be returned to the Seminole County jail once the misdemeanor case is concluded.

Snipped from: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/central-florida-defendant-sheds-clothing-during-criminal-mischief-175370.html

Of course if they did let him out, he might just "disappear" like his friend (sorry, I can't remember his name).

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: January 13, 2010, 11:20:56 AM »

George Onda is Hattaway's friend that is missing.  I'm so sorry I could not recall his name.

Praying for answers!  an angelic monkey

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #468 on: January 13, 2010, 01:32:40 PM »

He is free....

Criminal mischief for allegedly punching a van in April.

That is the lessor charge I was referring too Blink... I am surprized he was not found guilty of this.

LE and the prosicution should turn in there badges and hide there faces.

Actually, since I have spoken to a witness, I am more surprised he was charged with it. There were many people crossing that road, all with similar build, tats, shaved heads or hats. There was no way that woman could positively ID anyone of those guys.

I do not believe he is free though, I believe he will be transferred to Seminole unless his lawyer requests a bond hearing.
I have no idea if he will go in general pop or segregated again. I do believe he harmed this girl and should pay for it, but the pics of the two of them together just prior to the incident haunt me.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #469 on: January 13, 2010, 01:35:08 PM »

George Onda is Hattaway's friend that is missing.  I'm so sorry I could not recall his name.

Praying for answers!  an angelic monkey

LL

It is actually Onda Christopher George, and I would characterize them as aquaintances more than friends, just to add that perspective to the conversation. He has been missing since the evening of Feb. 11th, 2009
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #470 on: January 13, 2010, 01:38:55 PM »

Let him go on bond and put a tail on him or a CI.  He's not a rocket scientist, maybe he will slip up and we will find out what he knows about Tracy's fate.

I have interviewed MANY of this guys friends and associates, he is alot of things, but definitely 100% felt he is anything but dumb.

If he heads back into this crowd, there is no doubt in my mind someone else will be missing in the near future. And that certainly is not going to find Tracy.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #471 on: January 13, 2010, 02:59:58 PM »

Just in case anyone is looking...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/george_onda.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #472 on: January 13, 2010, 07:01:44 PM »

I have interviewed MANY of this guys friends and associates, he is alot of things, but definitely 100% felt he is anything but dumb.

If he heads back into this crowd, there is no doubt in my mind someone else will be missing in the near future. And that certainly is not going to find Tracy.

Thanks for your perspective, Blink.  I think he looks like a dolt.  What do I know?

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #473 on: January 14, 2010, 05:55:21 PM »

Lol Lovin'

I agree, I just don't want anyone to underestimate him.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: January 19, 2010, 04:44:08 AM »

Prayers for Tracy and her family.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: January 20, 2010, 03:53:17 PM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/01/trial-date-to-be-set-for-perso.html
WDBO Local News      
Trial date to be set for person of interest in Ocasio case
By
Marva Hinton
@ January 20, 2010 12:01 PM Permalink | Comments (0)

A trial date is expected to be set Wednesday for the man who's a person of interest in Tracy Ocasio's disappearance.
James Hataway may find out this afternoon when he'll face trial for the false imprisonment, robbery and battery of Rachel Clarke.

Tracy Ocasio's mom, Liz Ocasio, says she'd like to see a conviction.

"If he gets a lot of jail time, I'll be somewhat satisfied because every day that he spends in jail just gives us more time to find Tracy and then to go after him for what he did to her as well," said the elder Ocasio.

She says she's also still hopeful that professional searchers will find her daughter.

"We have been waiting for what just happened, for all the vegetation to die down, it makes their job easier."

Tracy Ocasio hasn't been seen since she left a bar with Hataway last May.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: January 20, 2010, 03:54:29 PM »

Prayers for Tracy and her family.

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #477 on: January 28, 2010, 09:32:35 PM »

Witness Talks About Beating Allegedly Involving Hataway
Posted: 3:31 pm EST January 28, 2010
Updated: 6:01 pm EST January 28, 2010

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. -- He's the only suspect in the case of missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio, but new police papers say James Hataway has attacked before. The papers describe how Hataway dragged away another woman.

WFTV reporter Ryan Hughes spoke with an eyewitness to that attack. She says she was afraid this other victim could have disappeared just like Ocasio. The eyewitness said she thinks she saved the woman from being on the news, like Tracy Ocasio has been since she disappeared.

Karen Lowe gave Eyewitness News a chilling account of the attack and said James Hataway was the attacker.

The blood-curdling scream tipped off Lowe and her boyfriend that something was terribly wrong.

“He said somebody's having a really good time or somebody's in big trouble,” Lowe said.

It was August 2008 and Lowe lived in Seminole County. Newly-released police papers describe an incident in which a woman was attacked, allegedly at the hands of James Hataway.

“I just yelled out, ‘Are you okay?’ She just took that minute, ran to me screaming at me, ‘He's trying to kill me! He's trying to kill me!’” Lowe explained.

Lowe won't ever forget the condition the woman was in.

“Oh, she was just a bloody mess. Her face, her whole top of this area was red,” Lowe said.

According to eyewitness Karen Lowe, the victim dropped off James Hataway at his home on the corner, but when Lowe found the girl bloodied and beaten she was on another corner. She believes she was dragged over a block.

The report indicates Hataway even put the woman in a choke-hold and twisted her head in a manner consistent with trying to break someone's neck.

“She was spitting out gravel. Her tongue was bleeding,” Lowe said.

Hataway is a person of interest in the case of missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio. He's the last known person to have seen her at a bar in May. He's never been formerly charged in connection with that case, but remains in jail on charges related to this battery case.

“What do you think now that he's the main person of interest in this high-profile missing person case?” reporter Ryan Hughes asked Lowe.

“It's kind of scary, you know. I don't know what to think,” Lowe said.

A neighbor told Eyewitness News the victim in this case moved to Key West.

Hataway has pled not guilty on battery, robbery and false imprisonment charges. His trial is expected to start in the next couple of months.

Tracy Ocasio's mother has been to all of Hataway's hearings and said last week that she hopes he's found guilty so that investigators have more time to find evidence to link him to her daughter.

Though investigators say Hataway was the last person to see Ocasio. They've been unable to gather enough evidence to charge him with any crime.

Investigators say the pair left an Orlando bar after the May 26 Orlando Magic game and that she offered Hataway a ride home. Hataway told investigators she left right after dropping him off, around 2:30am, but her cell phone records show her in the area until 8:30am.
http://www.wftv.com/countybycounty/22368242/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #478 on: January 29, 2010, 04:54:56 PM »

Lowe won't ever forget the condition the woman was in.

“Oh, she was just a bloody mess. Her face, her whole top of this area was red,” Lowe said.

According to eyewitness Karen Lowe, the victim dropped off James Hataway at his home on the corner, but when Lowe found the girl bloodied and beaten she was on another corner. She believes she was dragged over a block.

I cant wait to hear this victims testimony in court..

He should be found guilty as there is a witness to his actions.
He should be convicted of various crimes, assault /attempted murder /
I am sure the prosecuter can come up with a list of items.

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #479 on: February 02, 2010, 12:56:21 PM »

The Seminole County state attorney's office just added a charge of attempted murder against James Hataway

http://www.wesh.com/news/22410728/detail.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.