March 28, 2024, 12:27:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MISSING OCOEE WOMAN: TRACY OCASIO LAST SEEN IN ORLANDO #1 5/29/09 -  (Read 321133 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 02:01:12 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-ocoee-missing-woman-060309,0,4355393.story

In parents' eyes, missing Ocoee woman was life of the party
Anika Myers Palm

Sentinel Staff Writer

9:54 AM EDT, June 3, 2009

Tracy Ocasio could make new friends anywhere.

When she visited South Florida beaches as a child with her mother, she often would point out a family with children and tell her mother that they were friends and she wanted to sit next to them.

After Elizabeth Ocasio sat near the other family, she would discover that her elementary-school-age daughter didn't know anyone in the family at all.

"She saw a kid her age over there and just knew that kid would be her friend," said Elizabeth Ocasio.

Ocasio, 27, has been missing since May 26, when she disappeared after watching an Orlando Magic playoff game with friends at Taproom, a bar in Orlando's MetroWest neighborhood.

On Monday, Ocoee police named James Virgil Hataway, 28, as a person of interest in the case. He is currently in the Orange County Jail on drug-related charges. On Tuesday, Judge Heather Higbee, who also questioned Hataway's juvenile conviction on kidnapping and bodily injury charges, ruled that he had to remain in jail because he was out on bond in a different case.

A Seminole County woman also came forward Tuesday to tell Ocoee investigators that Hataway had attacked her nearly a year ago when she gave him a ride from a Casselberry bar.

Hataway, who told investigators that he had met Ocasio at Taproom about two weeks before her disappearance, said he had given her a ride home, but cell phone records indicate that she was in the area of West Franklin Street in Ocoee, near where he lives, as late as 8:30 that morning. Ocasio's car was found at a vacant lot on West Franklin near Hataway's home.

Her parents doubt she would've left her car there voluntarily -- especially at night.

"She was afraid of the dark," said her father, Joe Ocasio. "There's no way she would've been there by herself, with no lights, no streetlights."

The Ocasios have distributed hundreds of fliers and are desperately searching for the daughter they describe as "outgoing" and "the spark of the party."

She attended high school in Fredericksburg, Va., and moved with her family to Central Florida in 1998. During the past 10 years, she worked a series of restaurant and retail jobs, including positions as a Denny's waitress and sales jobs at arts-and-crafts store Michaels, a pet store and Ross Dress for Less.

In recent months, inspired by the example of her brother, Valencia Community College student Joey, 18, Ocasio had spoken of going to school, possibly to study radiology -- not an unusual choice for the gregarious young woman with eclectic tastes, said her parents.

She kept two lizards, two scorpions and a cat named Cookie as pets, and for Christmas, she'd asked for books about World War II aircraft and ancient Rome's caesars.

Her interest in radiology was sparked after her father spent time in the hospital.

With a trembling voice, Elizabeth Ocasio said she last had spoken with her daughter just before the Magic game started, when she called to find out whether Ocasio would come home that night or spend the night with friends.

Ocasio said she would return that night to the home she shared with her parents.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 03:17:37 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/6/3/will_tips_lead_to_missing_ocoee_woman.html

Will Tips Lead To Missing Ocoee Woman?
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 1:03:14 PM

OCOEE -- Orlando police say they have new developments in the case of an Ocoee woman who has been missing for days. 

Police say more people are coming forward, not with information about where Tracy Ocasio may be, but about the person of interest who is in custody.

Tracy Ocasio Description
White female
Height: 5 feet, 6 inches
Weight: 124 pounds
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

On Tuesday, a woman came forward and said she was attacked by James Hataway.

Hataway was denied bond Tuesday morning on an unrelated drug charge.

Police said he was the last person to see Ocasio when she dropped him off at his home last week.

Now a woman, who does not want to be identified, said a little less than a year ago she was attacked by Hataway.

"I knew him for a while and we ended up going to an after party and some things happened and I ended up taking him home. We got in front of his house, I didn't pull in the driveway, I leaned over to give him a hug and say goodbye because I knew him and he wouldn't let go of me. He tried to start breaking my neck, I slipped out of it and he started strangling me. I got out of my car and I started running down the streets. I ended up slipping and falling -- that's why I have these scars right here (on my arms). I have them on my knees. He came up behind me, he started slamming my head down on the sidewalk, I started screaming and then he took his hand and took both fingers and put them in my mouth and tried to snap my neck again. And I'm screaming, 'Somebody please help me, he's going to kill me.' He ended up picking me up and he had his hands around my throat and two people walked outside, thank God, and saved my life," the woman said.

The woman said she's been searching for Hataway ever since.

Police did a search with a canine team near where Ocasio's car was found on West Franklin Street, but did not find anything.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 03:55:29 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/19645266/detail.html

Suspect In Missing Woman Case May Be Linked To Others

Posted: 11:54 am EDT June 3, 2009
Updated: 1:15 pm EDT June 3, 2009

OCOEE, Fla. -- A man, who was initially called a person of interest by police in a missing woman case, has been named the prime suspect in her disappearance.

Ocoee police arrested James Hataway late Monday night, who they say was the last person to see missing 27-year-old Tracy Ocasio.

Hataway was booked (read booking history) into the Orange County Jail on drug paraphernalia charges and appeared before a judge for a bond hearing Tuesday morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTERVIEW: Woman Claims Hataway Attacked Her
INTERVIEW: Missing Woman's Mom Speaks Out
RAW VIDEO: Hataway Bond Hearing
DOCUMENT: Read Hataway's Booking History
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judge Heather Higbee revoked Hataway's bond on an earlier case of criminal mischief and he is being held on no Bond. However, a bond of $500 was granted on a current misdemeanor charge, but Hataway remains in jail.

Ocoee police say James Hataway is being investigated for five possible cases, two missing persons and three assaults. He has been named a suspect in the Ocasio case and a person of interest in the others.

Crimline increased its reward to $5,000 Wednesday. The Ocoee Police Department says it has received several tips from Crimeline.

Detectives searched a wooded area Wednesday morning to follow up on leads, but so far they haven't been able to find anything.

James Hataway is being held without bond on drug charges, but detectives are looking to see what connection he may have to Tracy Ocasio's disappearance.

The 27-year-old was last seen on Wednesday May 27, watching a Magic game at an Orlando bar. Police believe Hataway was the last person to see Ocasio.

There are people coming forward that claim to have been victims of Hataway. One woman in Seminole County said Hataway attacked her. She was friends with him and about one year ago, under similar circumstances to the present case, she drove him home and leaned over to give him a hug. However, James Hataway then went straight for her neck.

The woman managed to get out of the vehicle, but he chased her and he tried to snap her neck. She said had it not been for two people who saw the struggle; she may not have lived through the incident.

She told officers that Hataway was living in Casselberry at the time, but moved shortly after the incident.The woman's friend called her and told her that James was in jail and to call Ocoee police.

Apopka police say James Hataway is connected to a February case, which involves the disappearance of his friend George Onda.

Ocoee police are trying to track down two other possible victims.    

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »

You know, you guys are right on about the comments on my site, they are really 50/50.

Their is one from a guy claiming to know Hataway that said the missing guys name is Chris George?

B
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009, 04:50:13 PM »

Chris George
George Onda

I can't see that either men have been officially reported missing. Wonder why?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 04:55:13 PM »

For all we know the people with good remarks are his family members trying to cover for him..
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 05:55:17 PM »

I am deffinately sensing alot of old friends who he burnt bridges with, and who have watched him maybe go on a downhill drug slide....
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 06:10:43 PM »

I'm amazed at how quickly they jumped into the fray on Blink's website.  No offense Blink. They were signed in and defending him fairly quickly.  No lurking.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 06:45:26 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/19648776/detail.html

Suspect In Missing Woman Case May Be Tied To 5 Others
Posted: 5:12 pm EDT June 3, 2009
Updated: 6:35 pm EDT June 3, 2009

OCOEE, Fla. -- Eyewitness News learned that one more person has come forward Wednesday, claiming James Hataway attacked her.

Ocoee police arrested James Hataway (read booking history) late Monday night, who they say was the last person to see missing 27-year-old Tracy Ocasio on May 27 after a Magic game. He has been named the prime suspect in her disappearance.

Ocoee police have linked a total of six possible victims to James Hataway, including Ocasio.

The sixth alleged victim came forward Wednesday and told investigators she had been roughed up by him.

"This Jimmy has a preponderance to do violence, he snaps, he gets angry, it's always a woman, ride home, end up alone," said Sgt. Mike Bryant, Ocoee Police Department.

A Casselberry woman told Eyewitness News Tuesday that Hataway tried to kill her last August. Ocoee wants Seminole County investigators to increase the charges in that case from battery to at least aggravated battery or attempted murder.

"We're hoping Seminole County will step up their charges to keep Jimmy in jail while we continue to look for Tracey," said Sgt. Bryant.

As days go by and more of James Hataway's past comes out, Ocasio's parents are in disbelief that he was ever on the streets.

"Incredible that he's involved in so many suspicious disappearances," said Joe Ocasio, Tracy's Father.

Ocoee police say they are getting dozens of leads and looking for more possible victims. They do know Hataway worked clearing shore lines and dumping debris illegally.

"He's very familiar with going out into open land at night and not getting caught dumping land debris and waste, that's a concern oh yeah," said Bryant.

Eyewitness News learned more about James Hataway. The 28-year-old lived with his father in Ocoee. He also worked with his father dredging ponds.

From 1993 to 1998, Hataway was in and out of juvenile hall. He has an extensive record of drugs, DUI and traffic violations.

Crime line has put up a $5,000 reward for information that leads to Tracy Ocasio's whereabouts. Police have Ocasio's car and they are going through it, looking for clues.

At a hearing Tuesday, Judge Heather Higbee revoked Hataway's bond on an earlier case of criminal mischief and he is being held on no Bond. However, a bond of $500 was granted on a current misdemeanor charge, but Hataway remains in the Orange County jail.

SUSPECT'S MOTHER TALKS TO WFTV

Donna Hataway is James' mother. She told Eyewitness News Wednesday that she's lost touch with her son over the years. Donna says she spent a lot of time with him in juvenile court, but hoped that he would turn his life around.

Donna said James was soft spoken. Donna, who is hearing impaired, says she heard about her son James' most recent trouble on the news.

For a while, Donna says she was living on the streets and just moved back to town about two years ago.

"Do you think he's capable of hurting, possibly murdering people?" asked WFTV reporter Kathi Belich.

"No I don't think so, because I tried to bring him up the right way," she replied.

Donna says she's worried and admits he was a troubled child with a serious juvenile criminal record, which sent him to a boot camp program.

"He improved, he improved and started to get straightened up and thought about what he did," she said.

Donna said he dropped out of high school, but did get his G.E.D. and said he does construction work and also worked at Perkins and Starbucks.

Donna blames his problems on drugs and says even though she hasn't seen him for years; she'd like to visit him in jail.

"I would say that, 'I love you no matter what good or bad. You'll always be my son,'" said Donna.

She says she doesn't know anything about the disappearances and assaults that have police focused on her son.

POLICE BELIEVE SUSPECT IS TIED TO MAN'S DISAPPEARANCE

As more people hear about the case, it's becoming an eerie game of six degrees of separation and James Hataway is in the middle.

Eyewitness News learned that Hataway was one of two people, who last saw a missing Apopka man.

Apopka police say they want to talk to one of Hataway's friends who may have more information about the missing Apopka man.

In February Chris George's car was found abandoned in a wooded area in Apopka. Initially, family and friends didn't take it seriously. They looked for George, who also goes by the name George Onda, and didn't find him, but assumed he didn't want to be found.

They thought the 29-year-old took off and went on a drug-induced binge. It was not uncommon for him to disappear for two to three weeks and then come home.

Jams Hathaway helped with the search for his friend. He was one of the last people to see George and told police that George may have been on hallucinogens.

Apopka police initially closed out the case, but now that James Hataway maybe involved in Tracy Ocasio's disappearance, detectives have reopened the case.

Authorities are in the process of re-interviewing all of George's friends, but they are still trying to locate one friend who is considered a person of interest.

Investigators say Hataway and that person of interest were the last people to see George before he disappeared.

Apopka police investigators say they did not consider George an endangered missing person based on what friends and family members told authorities at the time.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 08:38:29 PM »

I don't think this has anything to do with this case but didn't Jennifer Kesse live or work in Ocoee?

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 08:54:08 PM »

I don't think this has anything to do with this case but didn't Jennifer Kesse live or work in Ocoee?
You have a memory for details. I looked at the official site for Jennifer. She worked in Ocoee, but lived in Orlando. She never made it to work in Ocoee that day.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 11:09:30 PM »

You have a memory for details. I looked at the official site for Jennifer. She worked in Ocoee, but lived in Orlando. She never made it to work in Ocoee that day.

Good memory..and GeeWiz .. You may have hit the nail on the head..
 Timing is everything and he was out of jail at the time ?
This guy has a pattern that could fit the Jennifer Kesse disappearance.
He is violent..He comes out of knowhere when he attacks, until then he is quiet..
He uses the car and puts it in another location..
You do not find the body easy.. They may not find this girl easy and the other guy has not been found..So he is well planned out and executed.. He thinks about what he is going to do before he does it..
I wonder where he was working at the time Jennifer went missing..?
 I also wonder what his walk looks like.. Because the Jennifer kesse image shows a man who walks with a high lift in his heal.. A Very unusual step.. He looks like a cook or a hospital worker or something..

He could very well be serial.. and you could be correct in your thoughts.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 01:29:32 AM »

I was thinking the same, Edward. I recall the vid and the guy did have a distinctive walk. If I recall correctly there was information released about the height, approx weight, I'll see if I can find it tomorrow. But it sure isn't looking good for Tracy.
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 10:47:22 AM »

Didn't he do construction work off and on as well and there was construction going on in Jennifer's complex.  I am not sure how far it is from where she worked and where she lived, but possible connection given the factors and the possible time she went missing?  Def. worth checking where he was during that time frame.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »

That is exactly what I was thinking last night Jennifer34
Those are the clothes of a house painter... He was watching her for a long time..
House painting is the job for people released from prison .. They hire inexperienced people.

In the trades house painting and roofing and job site clean up are the guys we have to watch our tools around..

I think we may find he did work at this type of work if LE will look into it..
Maybe somebody can get a hold of LE on Jennifer Kesse case and have them check his employment history and see if he was in fact on those condos working..
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 11:39:25 AM »

I also have a problem with James Hataway's alibi being his father:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/060109_Person_of_interest_Ocasio

"I'm innocent," said Hataway, as he was escorted by Ocoee Police officers from a patrol car to the Orange County Jail. "She left," when asked where she went after they were last seen together. "I hung out with my father," he added. "We just hung out. She gave me a ride home."

~~~~~~

I am assuming that James Vigil Hataway's father's name is Virgil (usa people search) who according to Orange County Clerk of courts was arrested 2/5/1993 of Misdemeanor First degree battery & Misdemeanor first degree child neglect? Like father like son??

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/ChargeDetails.aspx?SessionID=1966760e-d259-4864-9ac5-ac67c6ef3230&CaseID=1222732&CountID=475285

God bless Tracy!

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 11:43:57 AM »

I was thinking the same, Edward. I recall the vid and the guy did have a distinctive walk. If I recall correctly there was information released about the height, approx weight, I'll see if I can find it tomorrow. But it sure isn't looking good for Tracy.

Good Morning monkeys!
 I was just reading thru some SM posts about Jennifer, and came across this, remebered you had mentioned it here...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=343.20
 (comment #34)

Drew Kesse said a man about 5-foot-3 to 5-foot-5 was spotted dropping off Jennifer's car at the apartment complex the week she disappeared. Since then, the family has fielded dozens of tips through a tip line, Web site and law enforcement agencies.

I can see how all of your brain storms and ideas could connect and how he could be involved...
maybe he decided that it was too difficult what ever or how ever he did with Jennifer, and got a new easier way/mo as in with tracy....
just throwing it out there i maybe be way off!!!!!

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 11:50:49 AM »

Has anyone been able to get a physical discription of this Hataway character? Blink?

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 12:39:12 PM »

Can anyone find the downloadable Missing/Reward Flyer for Tracy from Crimestoppers?

I cant locate anything but the old one:
http://someoneismissing.com/flyers/tracy-ocasio.jpg

Which we don't need. Thanks In Advance.
B
mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 12:41:43 PM »

good morning monkeys,,, I am glad to see ya;ll are seeing what I am thinking about Jeniffer Kessee ,, she had to travel almost the same route to work, as the route from that bar to hattaways house.

I too am thinking this guy might be a serial killer. I hope they keep him in jail this time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.