March 28, 2024, 03:06:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun and Inexpensive Gift Ideas  (Read 3239 times)
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« on: November 11, 2006, 03:22:15 PM »

I just created a few gifts for the upcoming holidays with clay pots and some craft paints.  I took a few inexpensive clay pots, painted some waterproof sealer on the outside of them, then painted them with craft paints, followed by a coat of varnish.  All of these items are available in craft stores.  I took some cuttings from my plants to creat new ones and will pot the newly rooted plants in the pots for gift giving.  I also painted a couple of the pots for use at home - one for the end table to hold the cat's brush, one for makeup brushes.  It's an easy and fun gift idea if you know the person's decor/color preferences.  The clay pots come in many shapes and sizes and are inexpensive.  The paint, sealer and varnish go a long way and you get to be creative and personalize the gift.  I was thinking of doing one to hold hand towels or washcloths in the bathroom, maybe use one of the bottom trays for keys or loose change that comes out of pockets, maybe one on the dresser for watches.  They also have outdoor patio paints if you live in a warm climate and want to give an outdoor plant.  You could also give the decorated pot with a bag of potting soil or plant food if the person likes to do their own gardening.  
Not a great picture, but I think you get the idea.  

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 03:23:34 PM »

Uh oh, I told photobucket to make the picture smaller, but it didn't.  I need to figure that out.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 04:20:37 PM »

Great idea!!!!!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.