April 19, 2024, 11:34:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the new racism better than the old racism? Lost dreams of equality?  (Read 1844 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 30, 2009, 10:06:02 AM »

SPIN METER: Sotomayor's contradictory images
By SHARON THEIMER – 14 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — There are two sides to Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor: a Latina from a blue-collar family and a wealthy member of America's power elite.

The White House portrays Sotomayor as a living image of the American dream, though its telling of the rags-to-riches story emphasizes the rags, a more politically appealing narrative, and plays down the riches.

In a California speech in 2001 now under renewed scrutiny, she remarked that, on a court, "I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life." On Friday, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Sotomayor acknowledges she made a poor word choice.

Was this statement from the heart?  Or did she say it to be deceptive?

She now earns more than $200,000 a year and owns a condominium in Greenwich Village, a neighborhood of million-dollar-plus homes. Her brother, Dr. Juan Sotomayor, is a physician in North Syracuse, N.Y., whose practice doesn't accept Medicaid or Medicare — programs for the poor and elderly — according to its Web site.

"What I am finding, both statistically and emotionally, is that the worst victims of crimes are not general society — i.e., white folks — but minorities themselves," she told The New York Times in 1983. "The violence, the sorrow are perpetrated by minorities on minorities."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gybh1tAJNK3I6fP1gJUsFOhJe5AAD98G6SF00

Sotomayor and her brother seem to have taken advantage of all the good things this country has to offer. 

What is she doing to ensure everyone has that same opportunity?  Has she prospered because of the policies / conslusions the white male?  Would she deny that same opportunity to others? 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:13:37 AM »

To reinforce the importance of this association note that Sotomayor has said "I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experience would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life." The remark was made in a 2001 speech at the University of California's Berkeley School of Law. The lecture was published the following year in the Berkeley La Raza Law Journal.

It is not an overstatement to say Sotomayor's approach to decisions of the Court would be influenced significantly by her roots which is not the asset Obama would like us to believe.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich wrote: "Imagine a judicial nominee said 'my experience as a white man makes me better than a Latina woman. Wouldn't they have to withdraw? New racism is no better than old racism. A white man racist nominee would be forced to withdraw. Latina woman racist should also withdraw."

Michelle Malkin has listed are the top ten positions of La Raza that should give everyone reasons why Sotomayor should not be confirmed to the high court because of her association with La Raza alone:

10. La Raza supports driver's licenses for illegal aliens.

9. La Raza supports in-state tuition discounts for illegal alien students that are not available to law-abiding US citizens and law-abiding legal immigrants.

8. La Raza opposes cooperative immigration enforcement efforts between local, state, and federal authorities.

7. La Raza sponsors militant ethnic nationalist charter schools subsidized by your public tax dollars, including the "Aztlan Academy" in Tucson, AZ, the Mexicayotl Academy in Nogales, AZ, and Academia Cesar Chavez Charter School in St. Paul, Minn.

6. La Raza gives mainstream cover to a poisonous subset of ideological satellites, led by Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan, or Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan (MEChA), which the late GOP Rep. Charlie Norwood rightly characterized as "a radical racist group... [and] one of the most anti-American groups in the country, which has permeated U.S. campuses since the 1960s, and continues its push to carve a racist nation out of the American West."

5. La Raza opposes a secure fence on the southern border.

4. Former La Raza president Raul Yzaguirre, Hillary Clinton's Hispanic outreach advisor said this:

"US English is to Hispanics as the Ku Klux Klan is to blacks." He was referring to US English the nation's oldest, largest citizens' action group dedicated to preserving the unifying role of the English language in the United States. La Raza also pioneered Orwellian open-borders Newspeak and advised the Mexican government on how to lobby for illegal alien amnesty while avoiding the terms "illegal" and "amnesty."

3. La Raza is currently leading a smear campaign against staunch immigration enforcement leaders and has called for TV and cable TV networks to keep immigration enforcement proponents off the airwaves-in addition to pushing for Fairness Doctrine policies to shut up their foes.

2. La Raza has consistently opposed post-9/11 national security measures at every turn.

1. The National Council of La Raza means The National Council of "The Race," for God's sake."

In this age of political correctness and cow-towing to preferred special interest groups, La Raza has been the recipient of tax dollars to further their extreme agenda.

For starters, La Raza gets annually millions of U.S. federal grant dollars and will receive even more taxpayer money in the next few years thanks to a Massachusetts Congressman Barney Frank's multi million-dollar earmark to counsel Hispanics about housing.

read more here -
http://www.rightsidenews.com/200905284941/editorial/supreme-court-nominee-sotomayor-belongs-to-a-subversive-group-and-should-be-rejected.html

Where are the opportunities for non-minorities?  Why aren't the opportunities for a better life available to everyone?

Why divide the nation into groups?  Should everyone have the same opportunities?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 10:23:57 AM »

The takeover plan is referred to as the "reconquista" of the Western U.S. and it features ethnic cleansing of Americans, Europeans, Africans and Asians once the area is taken back and converted to Aztlan. While this may all sound a bit crazy, this organization is quite powerful, its leaders regularly attend congressional hearings regarding immigration and has great influence in Congress; including among Republicans who labor under the false impression the Party can get more Hispanic votes by appeasing radical groups like La Raza and adopting immigration schemes harmful to the country,

The group uses its U.S. tax dollars to fund projects like a Southern California elementary school with a curriculum that specializes in bashing America and promoting the Chicano movement. The school's founder and principal, a Calexico-educated activist named Marcos Aguilar, opposes racial integration and says Mexicans in the U.S. don't want to go to white schools or drink from white water fountains.

http://www.rightsidenews.com/200905284941/editorial/supreme-court-nominee-sotomayor-belongs-to-a-subversive-group-and-should-be-rejected.html

Latino gang accused of targeting blacks near LA

HAWAIIAN GARDENS, Calif. A Latino street gang waged a racist campaign to eliminate the city's black residents through attempted murders and other crimes, according to federal racketeering indictments unsealed Thursday.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/354/story/918814.html

What happened to the America that was for Americans?  Opportunity for everyone?  A color blind society?

Is the new racism better than the old racism?

Will every Main Street in America look like the housing projects of California?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 10:28:42 AM »

La Raza's Own School in LA? (Interview with Marcos Aguilar)

On Brown vs. Board of Education, Topeka

"If Brown was just about letting Black people into a White school, well we don’t care about that anymore. We don’t necessarily want to go to White schools. What we want to do is teach ourselves, teach our children the way we have of teaching. We don’t want to drink from a White water fountain, we have our own wells and our natural reservoirs and our way of collecting rain in our aqueducts. We don’t need a White water fountain. So the whole issue of segregation and the whole issue of the Civil Rights Movement is all within the box of White culture and White supremacy. We should not still be fighting for what they have. We are not interested in what they have because we have so much more and because the world is so much larger. And ultimately the White way, the American way, the neo liberal, capitalist way of life will eventually lead to our own destruction. And so it isn’t about an argument of joining neo liberalism, it’s about us being able, as human beings, to surpass the barrier." - Marcos Aguilar, founder and principal of La Academia del Pueblo

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1641331/posts

For some reason, California is in deep debt.  Why don't they just say no to spending?  Taking Federal taxpayer handouts? 

Why shouldn't every state be allowed to determine their own destiny?  Make their own dreams possible for a better future?  Should everyone support this very limited view of America's future?

Is the new racism better than the old racism?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.