April 25, 2024, 04:53:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voter Intimidation, The New Black Panthers, and Race Based Politics  (Read 2774 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 30, 2009, 11:16:03 AM »

In Defense of the Indefensible

As reported exclusively by The Washington Times on Friday, the Justice Department's dismissal of three members of the Black Panther Party for intimidating white voters (and members of the press), should not only come as a shock but is absolutely appalling considering that President Barack Obama's political appointees overruled career lawyers who were prepared to issue sanctions against the militants. Their actions were no less caught on VIDEOTAPE outside an election polling place in Philadelphia as the uniform-clad men, carrying large batons bullied whites, blocked entrances and hurled racial slurs to ensure their guy got elected unimpeded (even by law abiding registered voters who may have tried vote against him.) What the government then considered a violation of the 1965 Voting Rights Act and filed suit, Obama's new Justice Department lawyers unceremoniously declared otherwise and undermined the electoral (and Constitutional) process in one fell swoop.

Where's my good friend Donna Brazile? Arbiter of ensuring equality for disenfranchised voters? Surely the administration's decision, at the least, warrants a march by the good reverend Jesse Jackson. Or, how about Al Sharpton, who recently teamed up with Newt Gingrich to promote educational excellence and parity for students. This could be their next bipartisan cause toward racial parity. I won't hold my breath.

Despite some great reporting by the Times' Jerry Seper, this is probably where it ends. Simply mark it under the category of a kind of reverse discrimination that is not only allowable but defendable for minority liberal elites not mainstream Americans.

http://washingtontimes.com/weblogs/taras-two-cents/2009/may/29/in-defense-of-the-indefensible/

The new racism in America. 

Add to that the census and its GPS marking, probably to redraw districts to reduce or water down the votes of non-Obama/Democratic citizens and political independents.

jmho = just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 11:32:56 AM »

Who is Donna Brazile?

Brazile, who currently serves as the DNC’s vice chair of Voter Registration and Participation, delivered the keynote address at the 22nd annual Wisconsin Women in Government Banquet at the Alliant Energy Center.

Despite several overtures to bipartisanship, Brazile effusively praised the new Obama administration for giving women “a seat at the table” after fighting against the Bush administration.

She said Obama’s new White House Council on Women and Girls is changing federal policy on gender issues and recalled being in the White House for two early pieces of legislation signed by Obama -- the Lily Ledbetter Act to prevent gender pay discrimination and the expansion of the State Children’s Health Insurance Program.

“Women’s issues are now national issues,” Brazile said.

“I’m looking forward to seeing women remake the whole world,” Brazile said. “We know that this is our moment. ... We must seize it.”

http://www.wispolitics.com/index.iml?Article=159487

Does this include women who are non-minorities?  White women who were intimidated at the polls during the past election?

Where is her voice in support of election integrity?  Where is her voice in support of voters who were intimidated?

Somehow, when I read this story, I imagine if the Black Pathers were White Skinheads, it would be a public trial and all over the media.

Is voter intimidation a part of a new race based America?

Where is Donna's voice for the women intimidated at the voting place?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

crazybabyborg
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »

This is O'reilly, but even if you don't like him, he's interviewing a civil rights lawyer who worked for Kennedy and is a self proclaimed "Old Liberal", who helped run Robert Kennedy's New York campaign and Jimmy Carter's as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AEP68_mFryk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/AEP68_mFryk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 12:14:04 PM »

CBB...I saw this guy on O'Rielly last night...

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 03:09:36 PM »

During his January confirmation hearings, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said that during his lengthy Justice Department tenure, the career lawyers were "my teachers, my colleagues and my friends" and described them as the "backbone" of the department.

"If I am confirmed as attorney general, I will listen to them, respect them and make them proud of the vital goals we will pursue together," he said.

Justice officials declined to say whether Mr. Holder or other senior Justice officials became involved in the case, saying they don't discuss internal deliberations.

Who made the decision?  Is Eric Holder proud of the way voters were treated?  Is this part of Barack's future for America?  It's not that he's against white voters...he and his gangs arefor these other people.

To support its evidence, the government had secured an affidavit from Bartle Bull, a longtime civil rights activist and former aide to Sen. Robert F. Kennedy's 1968 presidential campaign. Mr. Bull said in a sworn statement dated April 7 that he was serving in November as a credentialed poll watcher in Philadelphia when he saw the three uniformed Panthers confront and intimidate voters with a nightstick.

Inexplicably, the government did not enter the affidavit in the court case, according to the files.

...Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said that during his lengthy Justice Department tenure, the career lawyers were "my teachers, my colleagues and my friends" and described them as the "backbone" of the department.

"If I am confirmed as attorney general, I will listen to them, respect them and make them proud of the vital goals we will pursue together," he said.

Justice officials declined to say whether Mr. Holder or other senior Justice officials became involved in the case, saying they don't discuss internal deliberations.

Who made that decision?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/29/career-lawyers-overruled-on-voting-case/?feat=home_cube_position1&page=2

"In my opinion, the men created an intimidating presence at the entrance to a poll," he declared. "In all my experience in politics, in civil rights litigation and in my efforts in the 1960s to secure the right to vote in Mississippi ... I have never encountered or heard of another instance in the United States where armed and uniformed men blocked the entrance to a polling location."

Mr. Bull said the "clear purpose" of what the Panthers were doing was to "intimidate voters with whom they did not agree." He also said he overheard one of the men tell a white poll watcher: "You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/29/career-lawyers-overruled-on-voting-case/?feat=home_cube_position1&page=3

I wonder if Barack has any empathy for those people that were afraid to vote?  For those people that have to face this group, and other groups like them, during the next election?

Is this the kind of Change America voted for?

I have to believe that if these were White Skinheads, they would have been removed, pronto.

jmho = just my humble opinions

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 03:13:15 PM »

60% of military absentee ballots not counted -

Only 11,866 of the 20,000 absentee ballots requested by upstate New Yorkers serving in the military overseas -- roughly 60 percent -- were counted.

http://www.theithacajournal.com/article/20090513/NEWS10/90513043

I wonder how many military people were disenfranchised during the last election?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 03:15:19 PM »

Heeding the advice of Attorney General Bob McDonnell, the Virginia State Board of Elections this morning advised local election officials to count absentee ballots submitted by military voters who failed to completely fill out the form.

An incongruity between state and federal law governing the submission of absentee ballots by military members serving overseas had led some local registrars, in accordance with state rules, not to count the improperly formatted votes.

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/10/military-absentee-ballots-should-be-counted-state-board-says

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »

Troops Being Sent Wrong Ballots from Puerto Rico, Not their Home States
Voting experts are expecting a huge wave of military absentee ballots this year, as 184,000 troops are currently serving in Iraq and Afghanistan .[1]

Teresa Purcell got a call from her husband nine days before Election Day. "You're not going to believe this," Purcell said, "we're not going to be allowed to vote for president of the United States because we're not getting the ballots." Purcell told his wife his troops got ballots, but that they were the wrong ones as Purcell said 'They gave us the ballots for the local Puerto Rico election,'" Teresa recalls.[1]

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Fears_of_Military_Absentee_Ballots_Not_Being_Counted_Rise

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 03:23:41 PM »

Report: One-fourth of overseas votes go uncounted
By JIM ABRAMS – May 13, 2009

WASHINGTON (AP) — One out of every four military personnel and other Americans living abroad may have been thwarted in their efforts to vote in the 2008 election because of communications and bureaucratic problems, according to a congressional report released Wednesday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jcH8aKjkxZ7-e3_IrLumCMtkqv9QD985JODO0

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.