April 19, 2024, 10:51:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOTUS - let the big guy know racism and raising taxes ARE old arguments...  (Read 1085 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 30, 2009, 11:42:29 PM »

I keep thinking about Eric Holders comment months ago, don't remember the specific topic where he suggests the nation is filled with people who don't want frank discussions on race.

I think he used the word 'cowards' to mean racists.  Not really sure.

Barack keeps using the phrase 'old arguments' and suggesting they don't work.

One of the oldest arguments is RACISM.  Old ways, including RACISM don't work and need to be kept in the past where they belong.

In the olden days, racism was alive and well, and practiced by the global population.   Racism wasn't limited any skin color, ethic group, language, sex, or other characteristic.  Racism allowed some to feel superior.  As if for some reason, they could paint any group with a wide brush and feel superior. 

I don't know any one person today that would paint all blacks with a brush that looks like Willie Horton.  A quote that comes from Sotomayor paints all white men with the same brush, and for some reason, she seems to feel she can come to better conclusions.

What is it about a white man that makes Sotomayor superior?  Upbringing?  Schooling?  Lack of family diversity and upbringing?

I know white men, many in my own family.  They were raised poor, worked good union jobs, raised families...others I know when to college, some even lived in public housing - no two experiences were alike.  They have a rich and diverse life experience.

When I look around my family, I see a rainbow of faces.  I see the rainbow faces reproducing and creating more shade.  I see a world of color.

Yes, racism still exists.  Perhaps it will always exist for those born in ages past.  The 50's, 60's, 70's all had their own civil rights challenges.  The 2000's also have challenges.

Do some insist on seeing the world through old racial arguments?  I think even the big guy suggested months ago that racism doesn't exist today as it did in the past.  Sometimes, old people have a hard time letting go - I know I am old too.  As are my parents, grandparents, and those even younger than myself.

Why continue old arguments that racism is acceptable?  Does it matter the color or ethnic origin of the racist?

Should society give everyone the same opportunities?  Or, should some always get the seats at the front of the bus?

For some reason, I thought a bus boycott in Montgomery Alabama created a tsunami of change in this nation.  Today, it looks like old ideas of racism have been given new life.  The bus is being newly segregated - new rules, based on old arguments that don't work, and are just wrong.

Racism, will always be in some people. 

Should society reinstate racism as an institution?  Is the new racism, an Obama Nation pillar?

TOTUS, please let the big guy know that some folks think the time for institutional racism is past.  Racism should remain dead and buried.

jmho = just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.