April 24, 2024, 10:42:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newly Elected Dems Announce Tax Increase, Stay In Iraq  (Read 3069 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 10, 2006, 10:37:42 AM »

That sure was fast!  I awoke to news coverage of Senator Clinton's statements concerning the fact that taxes MUST be increased despite the record revenues in taxes to the Treasury the good economy has been
producing.  I guess it's never enough.

The President of Iraq has also told news reporters that he was assured in September that there would be no sudden nor drastic troop pull out from Iraq and that things would proceed as planned under the auspices of Congress falling into the control of the Democrats.

The tax increases will slow the economy.  Add to that the huge and unprecedented minimum wage increase in many states and it is sure to stop growth in those areas and create the inflation that we have not seen for some time now.  What a shame to take an economy on a good course and de-rail it with these measures.  It is not taxes that need to be increased but spending that needs to be cut.  That won't happen now.

And as far as Iraq goes, the President of Iraq says he was given assurances by the Democrats that if elected, things would proceed as planned with troop withdrawal when Iraq is able to defend itself and not a day before.  

Well, I'm sure we all knew these things were coming but is anybody else surprised they didn't wait even a week to get started on them?  I thought they would at least let the recounts be settled before announcing tax increases but they didn't.

Maybe 2008 is not a done deal for the Democrats after all.

JMO.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 03:36:36 PM »

"Newly elected dems" have "announced" nothing.  There is nothing to announce.  They have not yet convened.  They have not drafted legislation.  As far as I know, President Bush still wields his very potent Veto power.  Unless Hillary is waaaaay more powerful than I thought, LOL!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 04:19:56 PM »

Quote from: "A's Fever"
"Newly elected dems" have "announced" nothing.  There is nothing to announce.  They have not yet convened.  They have not drafted legislation.  As far as I know, President Bush still wields his very potent Veto power.  Unless Hillary is waaaaay more powerful than I thought, LOL!

Who said it was a collective statement?  Of course they would NEVER do that!  And I certainly did not claim they had drafted legislation either.  Where are you getting all that?  I am merely quoting the Democrats statements in the press following their recent victories and said nothing at all about legislation or collaborated statements.  Just following what they have stated as their intent in various press conferences and they wasted no time in getting to it.

Well, A's, she seems to think she is because she has said without a doubt that taxes MUST be increased.  And I think we both know that she is not alone.  I did NOT say that they issued a statement collectively at all.  That seems to be an assumption on your part that in order for them to issue statements, they must convene.  Not so for the press covers their statements individually all the time.  So when you say they have announced nothing, I assume you are not including statements they are making to the press right and left?  Why don't those count?  They surely do to me as it reflects their intent.

And surely you realize that they are not foolish enough to ever issue a collective statement of their intent to increase taxes?  That just wouldn't do!  They are not that stupid and they really don't have to do much at all, just allow the tax cuts enacted in Bush's term to expire and the taxes will increase all on their own more or less.

Don't you read Drudge Report?   Wink He has covered about half a dozen of them so far pontificating on how they are going to raise taxes.  They have made lots of other statements of intent to the press that do not bode well for tax payers.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 12:17:02 AM »

Yes, I realize they are not foolish enough to issue a collective statement about raising taxes, and that is exactly why I challenged your headline. You wrote "Newly Elected Dems Announce Tax Increase".  You must have meant that they hinted at it, or called for it, but you stated an announcement as if it were fact, and it seemed to me to be unfair and misleading.  Why don't we just wait and see how all this plays out.  JMO, as always.  And no, I don't read Drudge.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 12:31:04 AM »

Applauding you again, A's Fever, for your insight and analysis.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 11:04:41 PM »

Thanks, Louise!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.