April 24, 2024, 04:02:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Migration - How are immigrants treated elsewhere? (legal and illegal)  (Read 2394 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 01, 2009, 06:07:03 PM »

Pregnant? Pack up and go home
Page 1 of 2 View as a single page 4:00AM Monday Jun 01, 2009
By Lincoln Tan

Two foreign students have been ordered home after being told NZ maternity services were over-stretched. Photo / Northern AdvocateWomen who get pregnant while in New Zealand on temporary residency permits are being told to leave the country to have their babies because of a shortage of maternity services.

The Ministry of Health estimates the average cost of an uncomplicated pregnancy and delivery to be about $4000, but the amount can reach $8500 if there are complications.

In the past, some foreigners wanted their children born in New Zealand to obtain citizenship, but the New Zealand Citizenship Act was changed in 2006 to require at least one of the parents to be a New Zealand citizen for this to happen.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10575739

Americans are very generous.  How many illegal aliens give birth in America?  Births paid for by taxpayers?

Maybe the U.S. should change their laws?  Require at least one parent be a citizen? 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:21:02 PM »

Congressman Seeks to End Birthright Citizenship for Children of Illegal Aliens

True immigration reformers in the U.S. Congress have reintroduced legislation seeking to end birthright citizenship for children born to illegal alien parents in the United States. Authored by Congressman Nathan Deal (R-GA) and co-sponsored by a bipartisan group of 46 other Members of the House of Representatives, the Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009 (H.R.1868) would amend the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) to change the current interpretation of federal law that automatically confers citizenship to any child born in the United States regardless of the immigration status of the child's parents. (See H.R. 1868 Legislative Text and Co-sponsor Listing).

Congressman Deal noted that the United States is one of only a few industrialized countries who still allow birthright citizenship...

[
i]For years, FAIR has argued that the original intent of this clause of the 14th Amendment was to ensure states could not deny citizenship to persons whose parents had an allegiance to the U.S. - or at least had a lawful presence in the U.S. and had therefore subjected themselves knowingly to U.S. jurisdiction.[/i] Last week, FAIR's Communications Director Bob Dane commented to The Associated Press that Deal's bill "is a sensible, long overdue measure that closes a clause that was never meant to be a loophole." Dane added: "Coming into the country for the express purpose of having a child in order to anchor that child and yourself is, in effect, gaming the system." (Id.).

read more here
http://www.rightsidenews.com/200906014996/homeland-security/u.s.-legislative-immigration-update-june-1-2009.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 11:06:46 PM »

Got this in email today...had to put it somewhere, lol.

RE: Illegal Immigrants

LET ME SEE IF I HAVE THIS RIGHT.

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET

1 - A JOB,

2 - A DRIVERS LICENSE,

3 - SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,

4 - WELFARE,

5 - FOOD STAMPS,

6 - CREDIT CARDS,

7 - SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,

8 - FREE EDUCATION,

9 - FREE HEALTH CARE,

10 - A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON

11 - BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE

12 - THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.