April 23, 2024, 09:23:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dems' Wins in U.S. Races Concern Israel  (Read 7109 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« on: November 10, 2006, 10:19:24 PM »

Louise,

Not concerned about this?

Dems' Wins in U.S. Races Concern Israel
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 11:16:58 PM »

Do you mean this part? "Israelis interviewed Wednesday said they don't think the U.S. election results _ giving Democrats control of the House and erasing the Republicans' Senate majority _ will diminish American support for Israel."

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 11:20:57 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Do you mean this part? "Israelis interviewed Wednesday said they don't think the U.S. election results _ giving Democrats control of the House and erasing the Republicans' Senate majority _ will diminish American support for Israel."

Heh, yeah, I read that, figured those were the Israelis Democrats.

The gist of the article points otherwise.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 11:47:45 PM »

Today (Friday evening) I saw an online news story wherein Israel said it may have to carry out a preemptive attack on Iran's WMD sites, if it boils down to that. I also read this on AOL, CNN and FOX online.

Israel did not say this prior to the election, in just the same way Bush did say prior to the election that Rumsfeld would be with him until the end. Strategy.

Since Iran proclaimed a main goal to wipe Israel off the face of the earth, Israel has been on alert. If they are in danger, they are not going to wait for external aid. They will take out the Iranian sites.

Every country in the world would rather have Israel do the entire dirty work quickly instead of them having to do it.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 08:30:22 AM »

While every country in the world counts on the USA for financial support and military might, they complain when it is used.  Not to worry, however, if Hillary and Obama are elected, we will know that Muslims have won here and there.  Obama would be our first Muslim VP and would the renegade Muslims seek to assassinate Hillary in order for him to be the President of the US?  I hear the Muslim newspapers are already thanking the Democrats mightily.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 02:14:28 PM »

Any religion has its moderates and zealots. One cannot accurately state that all persons of any religion are fanatical.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 05:17:11 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Any religion has its moderates and zealots. One cannot accurately state that all persons of any religion are fanatical.

Great post, justins.

Barack Obama is an American, and a Patriot. I don't think he has plans to turn the US into a Muslim stronghold any more than JFK planned to turn the US into a Vatican puppet. That's a little unfair, and America would never stand for it anyway. I think he's basically a good man, but very ambitious.
 I don't agree with him politically on everything, or Hillary either. I believe they are both too divisive to get elected, and the Dems need to extend a hand to Joe Liberman if they have any hope. Hillary won't do it for them.
I admire her for her intelligence and drive, but she has too much baggage to ever get to the White House, IMHO. I don't see Hillary and Barack as much to worry about as far as the White House, or Israel are concerned.
Even if they run as a pair, they couldn't get elected because Hillary will never have the heart of most Americans.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 12:29:39 AM »

Hi Justins, I agree ... great post.

Hi pdh3, I loved your pointing out that Obama does NOT have plans to turn the US into a Muslim stronghold any more than JFK planned to turn the US into a Vatican puppet.

Sadly, I don't think Joe Lieberman will ever be elected President because he is Jewish. The entire Middle East would freak out.  Not to mention Mel Gibson.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 01:02:49 AM »

Ok, I know my prejudices are showing.

I do  think I have studied enough of the worlds religions in my past to feel I can post this without too many reservations.

Catholicism outgrew its warring nature during the Crusades and the Inquisition.

Protestantism has pretty confined itself to missionary work and undermining of local religions on occasion with a few problems with Catholics in Ireland.

The Islamic religion and the teachings of the Koran and Prophet Mohammad and the strictures of Sharia Law all say that there is no other religion but Islam and no other religion will be tolerated.

This stricture helped to create the Muslims takeover of the Mediterranean area and creation of the great Muslim Caliphates of the Middle Ages almost all the way up to WWI.

Now we all know not everyone is a vociferous disciple of their espoused religion but the percentage of Muslims apparently is a lot higher than one might think. And that percentage is what's causing most of our worlds terrorists problems. And apparently a lot of folks like to take advantage of that religion to support their projects.

Again there is no way to know where a U.S. Muslim citizens allegiances really lay, but from a lot of the double talk we've seen in various expose's have shown a lot of Muslim religious types spoke with forked tongue in public and in private.

Sorry I don't trust any Muslim.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 01:13:55 AM »

Quote from: "pdh3"

Great post, justins.

Barack Obama is an American, and a Patriot. I don't think he has plans to turn the US into a Muslim stronghold any more than JFK planned to turn the US into a Vatican puppet. That's a little unfair, and America would never stand for it anyway. I think he's basically a good man, but very ambitious.
 I don't agree with him politically on everything, or Hillary either. I believe they are both too divisive to get elected, and the Dems need to extend a hand to Joe Liberman if they have any hope. Hillary won't do it for them.
I admire her for her intelligence and drive, but she has too much baggage to ever get to the White House, IMHO. I don't see Hillary and Barack as much to worry about as far as the White House, or Israel are concerned.
Even if they run as a pair, they couldn't get elected because Hillary will never have the heart of most Americans.

I agree with your observations about Hillary, pdh3.  I don't know what it is about her, but she is despised, even by many Dems and by women.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 04:34:19 PM »

Carnut,
I tend to agree with you on this.  All Muslims are using the same Koran with its instructions, etc. and must earn my trust before I will give it freely to them.  We have been burned badly in this regard already many times because of our trust and the accepting of Muslims unconditionally.  We even trained the 9-11 pilots in our pilot schools so trusting were we.

Well, I am just not any more.  Fool me once and all that.  And it is very telling that Joe Lieberman is unacceptable as a Presidential candidate because he is Jewish but Obama is not because he is Muslim.

Reminds me of the reaction of the Spanish following their big terror attack.  They capitulated and now many of the radical Islamists include Spain in their Arabian territories as owned by them.

Not just Muslims but any who are part of groups in which large percentages are fanatical have to show me to which side they belong.  Considering the dire warnings, threats and overt plans of that particular group, it just seems cautious to withhold trust until there is a reason to do so or it can some how be verified.

No, I don't think Obama is planning to do anything as radical as turn America into a Muslim stronghold but as vice president, he might try something of a more subtle nature more like reduced support for Israel.  Because one does not trust does not mean one expects the absolute worst possible from that individual for there are degrees along the way to that which are usually more likely.  No one said he would turn America into a Muslim stronghold but I do think it sends the wrong message to the Islamists to have a sitting VP the first ever elected.  It isn't as though he is the only person in the entire country who is qualified.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 07:33:13 PM »

There are those who proclaim themselves as Christian who believe that it is the only true religion.

Yes, we must be cautious, though I prefer not to condemn an entire population of a particular religion.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 07:42:57 PM »

Hitler said:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.
-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 07:49:14 PM »

There are those who proclaim themselves as Christian who believe that it is the only true religion.

Yes, we must be cautious, though I prefer not to condemn an entire population of a particular religion.

Yes, devout believers in most all faiths believe theirs is the one and only.

But in most civilized religions the believers just feel sorry for the unbelievers because they won't be able to receive their true rewards after they leave this mortal coil.

In Islam the devout are tasked to kill the infidel and/or martyr themselves in the process.

Actually what we are discussing is more than just a religious issue, it's the class of civilizations and world views.

It's been said that WWII was actually a continuation of WWI with defeated Germany bringing forth the Nazis being the result of an imperfect end to the hostilities of WWI.

It would appear that todays Islamo Fascists are also just continuing the hostilites of WWI and WWII and trying to bring back the glory days of the Ottoman empire and rule of the Caliphate and reverse the partitionings by the superpowers, of the middle east, after the wars.

Heh, heh, on the humorous side in the movie 'Air America' a statement is made that a devout Communist always carries an AK47.

Seems now a days the statement also applies to a devout Muslim.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 10:19:59 PM »

I'm bringing this post of mine over from the America Alone thread to where it should be ... Dem's Wins in US Races Concern Israel.

The Israeli "boys" as Carnut calls them, are the MEN who will take out Iran's nuclear reactors, just like they took out the Iraqi Osiris (named after the Egyptian god of the dead) reactor years ago on June 7, 1981. Israel cannot afford to take any risks and wait for the red tape it would take the US in order to back them up. Iran has already said it's sweetest goal is to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Israel is not waiting on Bush43. It will do the job itself. The US and other countries will be grateful and sigh in relief.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 09:07:47 PM »

LV, I need to ask a question.. and I in no way mean disrespect, I trust you to read my question and know that I would never ask a question out of disrespect....

Maybe it's the area of the country I live in, and the local very vocal Democrats but I don't really understand how anyone that supports/ or is Jewish could be a Democrat.  99% of the Democrats I see parading around here support anything except Isreal  - they are much more pro-Hamas, etc.  to the point that they don't really understand the history behind all the conflicts.  In fact one guy got in my face and yelled about how the damn Israelis should let the Palenstines have all the land and they need to leave... he had NO CLUE about the history or anything else but went on to inform me that as a staunch Democrat, he hoped that we just let Israel sink.. etc.  

It's not just him I hear it from... I hear it a lot.. so I guess for me to understand how one can be in such a diametrically opposed viewpoint??

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 12:41:42 AM »

Hello Mrs. Red,

Please ask me anything ... let us not stand on ceremony.

As far as I know, Democrats have always been known to support Israel. When I was a kid, the only thing I remember about politics was that Jews voted Democratic. Period. This was in the Eisenhower / Stevenson era. In those days, the South was a Democratic stronghold, too.

Any group which calls itself pro Israel and supports Hamas is not pro Israel. Period. No chance in hell they are pro Israel. I am shocked to read about the people who got in your face and espoused Hamas. They are a lunatic fringe of fanatical Jews. Their group has no power.

That's all I know, Mrs. Red. I was incredibly surprised to see the Republican Bush43 come out on the side of Israel after September 11. It was as if the US suddenly woke up to what the Israeli's were going through for so many years prior. The Bush43 administration never again condemned Israel for retaliation.

The above leads to me wonder why Bush43 supported Israel so strongly. It could be that Israel is the only civilized, stable and dependable county in the Middle East.

Mrs. Red, it sounds to me that there are a lot of lunatics in New England (and probably everywhere else) from both parties.

Bottom line, as far as I know, Jews are Democrats. Think Joe Lieberman.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 01:02:03 AM »

Sorry Louise, all the Dems I read about don't support Israel and agree with the Dems Mrs. Red has run into.

Guess we all live in different realities sometimes.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 08:49:53 PM »

George, I did not ask for your opinion. I was responding to Mrs. Red's question. I have never heard in my entire life about such Democrats that Mrs. Red described. You have no right to try to shut down the discussion with your own personal point of view, when I was not responding to you in the first place.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 09:25:40 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
George, I did not ask for your opinion. I was responding to Mrs. Red's question. I have never heard in my entire life about such Democrats that Mrs. Red described. You have no right to try to shut down the discussion with your own personal point of view, when I was not responding to you in the first place.

Oh, sorry, didn't know I was not allowed to respond.
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.