April 23, 2024, 07:02:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mother charged with feeding 3-year-old feces  (Read 12120 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 08:49:21 PM »

When I was 3, I still pooped my pants. My mother took my poop, put it in a bowl, sat me in my highchair and fed me poo in a bowl, with a spoon...from my pants. I didn't die or even get sick enough to hospitalize and my mother was never arrested or treated for mental illness, although she should have been. She didn't tell me about it until I was potty training my own Son...many moons later. I don't think I pooped my pants after that. There are certain things I can remember from when I was 3, luckily I do not recall this incident...only from what she told me.

I am so sorry. I can not imagine doing this to my children - or anyone else's for that matter.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 09:19:04 PM »

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/courts/entries/2010/11/29/mom_accused_of_poisoning_daug
h.html
Mom accused of poisoning daughter with feces out of jail again
November 29, 2010
A woman accused of smearing feces on a catheter leading to her daughter’s bloodstream was released from jail on Thanksgiving morning after someone posted a $100,000 bond on her behalf, according an employee at the Travis County Jail.

Emily Beth McDonald, 25, is charged with injury to a child, a first-degree felony, and is set for trial Jan. 10 in Travis County.

According to a police affidavit, video surveillance set up by officials at Dell Children’s Medical Center in 2009 captured McDonald smearing feces on a cap to McDonald’s then 3-year-old daughter’s central venous line.

McDonald was freed on a personal recognizance bond shortly after her June 2009 arrest.

In July, state District Judge Julie Kocurek ordered McDonald back to jail after finding that McDonald violated an order that she not have contact with children.

A CPS worker had testified that during an unannounced visit to McDonald’s parents’ home, she encountered McDonald standing just behind her niece.

It is not clear who signed the recent bond that led to McDonald’s release. Generally, bail-bonding companies require a non-refundable deposit of about 10 percent of the bond before they will sign for someone’s release.

While her previous personal recognizance bond required McDonald to stay away from children while awaiting trial, there are no similar conditions on her current release, according to a sheriff’s office employee at the jail.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 06:12:17 AM »

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/courts/entries/2010/11/29/mom_accused_of_poisoning_daug
h.html
Mom accused of poisoning daughter with feces out of jail again
November 29, 2010
A woman accused of smearing feces on a catheter leading to her daughter’s bloodstream was released from jail on Thanksgiving morning after someone posted a $100,000 bond on her behalf, according an employee at the Travis County Jail.

Emily Beth McDonald, 25, is charged with injury to a child, a first-degree felony, and is set for trial Jan. 10 in Travis County.

According to a police affidavit, video surveillance set up by officials at Dell Children’s Medical Center in 2009 captured McDonald smearing feces on a cap to McDonald’s then 3-year-old daughter’s central venous line.

McDonald was freed on a personal recognizance bond shortly after her June 2009 arrest.

In July, state District Judge Julie Kocurek ordered McDonald back to jail after finding that McDonald violated an order that she not have contact with children.

A CPS worker had testified that during an unannounced visit to McDonald’s parents’ home, she encountered McDonald standing just behind her niece.

It is not clear who signed the recent bond that led to McDonald’s release. Generally, bail-bonding companies require a non-refundable deposit of about 10 percent of the bond before they will sign for someone’s release.

While her previous personal recognizance bond required McDonald to stay away from children while awaiting trial, there are no similar conditions on her current release, according to a sheriff’s office employee at the jail.

No conditions on her release . . . WTH!!!!!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 10:23:43 PM »

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/courts/entries/2011/04/04/mom_gets_25_years_for_smearing.html
Mom gets 20 years for smearing feces on daughter’s catheter
April 4, 2011

This story has been updated since it was originally posted with comments from prosecutor Rob Drummond and defense lawyer Bob Phillips.

A woman who police say was captured on video smearing feces on her 3-year-old daughter’s catheter pleaded guilty to injury to a child today and was sentenced to 20 years in prison.

State District Judge Julie Kocurek sentenced Emily Beth McDonald, 25, under the terms of a plea bargain that McDonald, pictured below right, reached with prosecutors.
M5X00147_9.JPG

McDonald, who cried briefly during a short hearing, did not say anything before she was taken into custody by sheriff’s deputies.

Outside court her lawyer, Bob Phillips, attempted to explain her behavior. Phillips said McDonald was “under extreme psychological stress” at the time of her crime, stress he said was brought on by factors including fatigue and depression.

He said that McDonald put feces on her daughter’s catheter while the girl was hospitalized because McDonald sought to elevate the girl’s fever, something she had hoped would make doctors continue an antibiotics regimen that they had planned to end.

“Obviously it was a criminal act, and it was wrongheaded, but it was done with a pure heart,” Phillips said.

Prosecutor Rob Drummond called McDonald’s behavior “medical child abuse,” something he said is very rare.

“It doesn’t have any other rationale than any other form of child abuse would have,” he said. “Our goal in this case was to protect Emily McDonald’s children and to hold her responsible.”

McDonald has three children under the age of 10 who now live with their respective fathers, Phillips said.

The girl victimized by the feces is “thriving and well and going to be fine,” Phillips said.
 ::snipping2::
McDonald has been in and out of jail since her 2009 arrest. Since Thanksgiving she has been free on $100,000 bail. About a dozen family members, neighbors and members of her church accompanied her into court and sat behind the defense table in the courtroom gallery.

Phillips said that among them was her husband, who has stuck by McDonald.

“If this woman was an evil woman, then you’d expect the family and everybody else to abandon her.”

McDonald was scheduled to go to trial in Travis County next week. She had faced up to life in prison on a first-degree injury to a child indictment that had accused her of intentionally and knowingly causing serious bodily injury to her daughter by smearing her medical device with feces.

Instead she pleaded guilty to second-degree injury to a child — recklessly injuring the girl.

The state abandoned an allegation that McDonald used a deadly weapon, which if proved would have ensured that McDonald serve half of her sentence before being eligible for parole.

It is unclear now how long she must serve before being eligible for parole. Both Drummond, the prosecutor, and Phillips, the defense lawyer, said parole and good behavior rules are complicated and neither would estimate when that would be.

BBM...WTH??!!  

(There are some interesting comments at the article link)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 10:25:30 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 10:29:22 PM »

this woman is evil! imagine how this child is going to feel when she is old enough to understand..if husband is sticking by this woman, I certainly hope that he does not have custody of this little girl..he may take it out on this child that the woman that he "stuck" by is now in jail for 20 yrs for what she did to this child...what is wrong with him????    he should be sticking by this child and not the evil woman who tried to murder her...jmo..

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 04:28:55 PM »

this woman is evil! imagine how this child is going to feel when she is old enough to understand..if husband is sticking by this woman, I certainly hope that he does not have custody of this little girl..he may take it out on this child that the woman that he "stuck" by is now in jail for 20 yrs for what she did to this child...what is wrong with him????    he should be sticking by this child and not the evil woman who tried to murder her...jmo..
Cookie, I agree.  If she has a "pure heart" we are all in a heap a lot of trouble.

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.