April 24, 2024, 01:32:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cairo, Obama, Do what I say and ignore what I do?  (Read 2039 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 04, 2009, 07:57:50 AM »

I heard parts of the speech and have some comments.  I found the text here - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/04/transcript-remarks-president-obama-cairo/

...The relationship between Islam and the West includes centuries of co-existence and cooperation, but also conflict and religious wars. More recently, tension has been fed by colonialism that denied rights and opportunities to many Muslims, and a Cold War in which Muslim-majority countries were too often treated as proxies without regard to their own aspirations. Moreover, the sweeping change brought by modernity and globalization led many Muslims to view the West as hostile to the traditions of Islam.

Here is how I see this applied to my own country, the actions, not the words -

...The relationship between individual states and the Federal Government includes centuries of co-existence and cooperation, but also conflict and trade disagreements. More recently, tension has been fed by federalism that denies rights and opportunities to many States, and an Economic War in which a States are too often treated as proxies without regard to their own aspirations. Moreover, the sweeping change brought by giving away our nation to large profit mongering global corporations and super rich global citizens lead many States to view the Federal Government as hostile to the traditions of the United States and it's diverse population of people.

jmho = just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:06:25 AM »

Violent extremists have exploited these tensions in a small but potent minority of Muslims. The attacks of September 11th, 2001 and the continued efforts of these extremists to engage in violence against civilians has led some in my country to view Islam as inevitably hostile not only to America and Western countries, but also to human rights. This has bred more fear and mistrust.

Violent extremists have exploited these tensions in a small but potent minority of liberals. The attacks of September 11th, 2001 and the continued efforts of these liberals to engage in violence against civilians has led some in my country to view the policies of Barack Obama as inevitably hostile not only to America and Western countries, but also to human rights. This has bred more fear and mistrust.

Think about the recent case of what appears to be racially motivated voter intimidation.  The DOJ just dropped the ball.  Was it because the intended victims are white?  Non-Democrats?

Justice Department political appointees overruled career lawyers and ended a civil complaint accusing three members of the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense of wielding a nightstick and intimidating voters at a Philadelphia polling place last Election Day, according to documents and interviews.

The department was "successful in obtaining an injunction that prohibits the defendant who brandished a weapon outside a Philadelphia polling place from doing so again," spokesman Alejandro Miyar said. "Claims were dismissed against the other defendants based on a careful assessment of the facts and the law."

Mr. Miyar declined to elaborate about any internal dispute between career and political officials, saying only that the department is "committed to the vigorous prosecution of those who intimidate, threaten or coerce anyone exercising his or her sacred right to vote."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/29/career-lawyers-overruled-on-voting-case/?feat=home_cube_position1

Would the assessment have been as careful if the intimidators were white? 

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 08:15:48 AM »

So long as our relationship is defined by our differences, we will empower those who sow hatred rather than peace, and who promote conflict rather than the cooperation that can help all of our people achieve justice and prosperity. This cycle of suspicion and discord must end.

I have come here to seek a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world; one based upon mutual interest and mutual respect; and one based upon the truth that America and Islam are not exclusive, and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles - principles of justice and progress; tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.

Here are what appear to be the actions in America -

So long as I continue to segment the population by real and imagined differences, I will empower those who sow hatred rather than peace, and who promote conflict rather than the cooperation that can help all of our people achieve justice and prosperity. This cycle of suspicion and discord must continue.

I have come to power seeking new economic enslavement of the States and Others around the world; enslavement based on the avarice of large global corporations and super rich global individuals; on the basis of self interest and greed; and based on the belief that distatorship and slavery are not exclusive, and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles - principles of injustice and greed; intolerance and the degredation of all human beings.

jmho = just my humble opinions and observations

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 08:45:28 AM »

The words -

I do so recognizing that change cannot happen overnight. No single speech can eradicate years of mistrust, nor can I answer in the time that I have all the complex questions that brought us to this point. But I am convinced that in order to move forward, we must say openly the things we hold in our hearts, and that too often are said only behind closed doors. There must be a sustained effort to listen to each other; to learn from each other; to respect one another; and to seek common ground. As the Holy Koran tells us, "Be conscious of God and speak always the truth." That is what I will try to do - to speak the truth as best I can, humbled by the task before us, and firm in my belief that the interests we share as human beings are far more powerful than the forces that drive us apart.

Part of this conviction is rooted in my own experience. I am a Christian, but my father came from a Kenyan family that includes generations of Muslims. As a boy, I spent several years in Indonesia and heard the call of the azaan at the break of dawn and the fall of dusk. As a young man, I worked in Chicago communities where many found dignity and peace in their Muslim faith.

As a student of history, I also know civilization's debt to Islam. It was Islam - at places like Al-Azhar University - that carried the light of learning through so many centuries, paving the way for Europe's Renaissance and Enlightenment. It was innovation in Muslim communities that developed the order of algebra; our magnetic compass and tools of navigation; our mastery of pens and printing; our understanding of how disease spreads and how it can be healed. Islamic culture has given us majestic arches and soaring spires; timeless poetry and cherished music; elegant calligraphy and places of peaceful contemplation. And throughout history, Islam has demonstrated through words and deeds the possibilities of religious tolerance and racial equality.

The actions -

I do so recognizing that change cannot happen overnight. No single action can lull millions into agreement, nor can I answer in the time that I have all the complex plans that will bring us to  total conquest by greedy global corporations and individuals.  But I am convinced that in order to move forward, we must work behind closed doors, the plans we have in our hearts, and that too often can only be discussed behind closed doors. There must be a sustained effort to keep hidden from others; to invoke false trust in government and feel good leadership; to disrespect one another; and to seek cheap common goals. As the Feed Good Media tells us, "Be conscious of the Shadow President and speak always the party line." That is what I will try to do - to speak with deception as best I can, arrogant in the task before the shadow global government, and firm in my belief that the interests I have as dictator and czar are far more powerful than the forces of good at work in this fragile world.

Part of this conviction is rooted in my own experience. I claim to be a Christian, but my father came from a Kenyan family that includes generations of Muslims. As a boy, I spent several years in Indonesia and heard the call of the azaan at the break of dawn and the fall of dusk. As a young man, I worked in Chicago communities where many found dignity and peace in their Muslim faith.  Today, there is a renewed faith in America.  Many heed the call of God.  They believe that I may be the anti-Christ or part of the beast of Prophesy.  It's a renewal of faith that for some reason, seems to blossom under my rule.

As a foreign student...I have demonstrated through words and deeds the possibilities of religious intolerance and racial inequality.

Questions from the Obama administration -

Why nationalize and socialize greed and failure in our banking and financial system?  Our industry? 

Why export money and jobs to profit large global corporations?  Rich international individuals?

Should globalization be on the backs of the common man, woman, and child?

Should all of the earths people have the opportunity to pursue prosperity and happiness?

Or, should prosperity be decided by dictatorships and large global corporations?[/color][/b]

Can you believe and trust in change that targets and makes criminals of those with conservative values?  Those with faith in God?  Any God?  Those that would protect themselves and their families?  (regardless of race, ethnic origin, sex, religion, or other values)

jmho

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:51:35 AM »

I heard a media person say something like - (from memory)

"If Al Queda wants to destroy America, they better do it before Barack Obama does."

How can someone promote respect for other nations, when they don't respect their own nation?  It's states?  It's peoples?  Its diversity?

Why did the states in our union enter into an agreement over 200 years ago?

Was it for rulership by one person?  Dictatorship? 

Did they want to eliminate diversity? 

Did they want the opportunity for individual states and people to pursue their own path to prosperity and happiness? 

Did they plan for government and dictators to decide for everyone what prosperity and happiness look like?

Something is wrong with the words and the actions.  They are not aligned. 

jmho

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 08:51:21 AM »

Is Obama's change simply cosmetic?

Obama may gain some trust, but America's deceptive belief that it is not an empire condemns its leader to repeating old mistakes

Obama's masterful Cairo speech is an eloquent sign that Washington is under new management, but can his shift in rhetoric deliver the kind of change Arabs and Muslims can believe in?

Well, hints of the Real McCoy American arrogance were clear to see. Obama insisted that "America is not the crude stereotype of a self-interested empire", but is "founded upon the ideal that all are created equal, and we have shed blood and struggled for centuries to give meaning to those words – within our borders, and around the world."

And, to a certain extent, they have a point: beneath the inviting and embracing surface gloss, there still lurks the outline of the same old American foreign policies, especially relating to Afghanistan, where Obama insists on pursuing a military solution in a part of the world where decades of superpower intervention have only brought misery. While he seems willing to spend hundreds of billions more on a war that has already cost hundreds of billions, he could only find a paltry $2.8bn for development in Afghanistan over an unspecified period of time.

His refusal to acknowledge US culpability in invading Afghanistan was dishonest, since America did not have to succumb to kneejerk vengeance after the 11 September attacks, especially since the Taliban were a monster of US-Pakistani making. However, it is welcome that he recognises that the US should not have invaded Iraq, but whether he will do anything to return control of the Iraqi economy to Iraqis once US troops pull out remains to be seen.

read more here -
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/jun/05/obama-cairo-america

Is this recognition of the Obama Surge in Afghanistan?  Who is responsible for that?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.