March 28, 2024, 03:38:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #542 11/11 - 11/14/2006  (Read 115988 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2006, 10:30:47 PM »

Here's another screen capture (un-highlighted) of the same rock formation from a slightly different angle:

shadow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2006, 10:32:44 PM »

Question: Regarding the statement by Joran that D showed up with 2 dogs, was this statement made before or after the bloody mattress declared to be covered in canine blood was found?? Anyone know?

There is a basin in the mind where words float around on thought and sound and sight. Then there is a depth of thought untouched by words, and deeper still a gulf of formless feelings untouched by thought. - Zora Neal Hurston
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2006, 10:33:10 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Here's another screen capture (un-highlighted) of the same rock formation from a slightly different angle:

Okay, I guess it's just a shadow...dang it..I really thought it was a dog.  Rolling Eyes
shadow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2006, 10:34:47 PM »

Because I'm wondering if the statement was made to deflect attention from and cast suspicion on Deepak as opposed to an actual statement of truth.

There is a basin in the mind where words float around on thought and sound and sight. Then there is a depth of thought untouched by words, and deeper still a gulf of formless feelings untouched by thought. - Zora Neal Hurston
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2006, 10:36:23 PM »

Carlos and Charlies's seems to hire the island misfits.   Shocked

If they are a suspect in a crime, they can always get a job there!

At least Steve Croes and this guy in the photos did.

. Shocked

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2006, 10:37:28 PM »

Quote from: "shadow"
Question: Regarding the statement by Joran that D showed up with 2 dogs, was this statement made before or after the bloody mattress declared to be covered in canine blood was found?? Anyone know?

The bloody mattress was found on June 5th, 2005.  I'm not sure which statement Joran said Deepak showed up with 2 dogs though and I'm too lazy to look through them all right now, lol  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2006, 10:38:25 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Carlos and Charlies's seems to hire the island misfits.   Shocked

If they are a suspect in a crime, they can always get a job there!

At least Steve Croes and this guy in the photos did.

. Shocked

Yeah, it's almost a promotion or reward  Shocked
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2006, 10:39:19 PM »

Looks different in that angle.  That's the prob with photo or even vids, play on light.  Need to see live to really tell anything much.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2006, 10:42:14 PM »

Quote from: "Grande"
At first glance it appears to be a doctored image/shadow.

Well of course it's doctored in my enlarged and highlighted photo capture from the video.  Only doctored to the extent that I enlarged and highlighted it though.  I didn't paint anything on the rocks, lol  Laughing

Klaas - but knowing you, you could have with just a few mouse clicks and a remote paint brush!

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2006, 10:42:16 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Looks different in that angle.  That's the prob with photo or even vids, play on light.  Need to see live to really tell anything much.

Anna - I agree.
shadow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2006, 10:42:35 PM »

The bloody mattress was found on June 5th, 2005.  I'm not sure which statement Joran said Deepak showed up with 2 dogs though and I'm too lazy to look through them all right now, lol  Laughing

Laughing I understand . . . I think I'm going to have to call it a night. Peace out monkeys.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2006, 10:44:17 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"

Well of course it's doctored in my enlarged and highlighted photo capture from the video.  Only doctored to the extent that I enlarged and highlighted it though.  I didn't paint anything on the rocks, lol  Laughing

Klaas - but knowing you, you could have with just a few mouse clicks and a remote paint brush!

Laughing  Laughing

But in all seriousness, I would never alter a photo or screen capture of any of these videos other than to change the brightness or contrast to see a dark area better.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2006, 10:47:12 PM »

Got it:

<snip>

“I called DEEPAK and he came with two dogs. I think he raped the girl and did something to her.”

To my question where the girl was buried then, he answered:
“I think that it was buried then next to the wall of the Fisherman's Hut, for the rest I would not know either.”

During the conversation Joran showed differing emotions. Sometimes he cried, sometimes he was direct in his answers.

Joran also indicated that he was very sorry for his family and that he had the best contact with his father.

When I asked him why did he lie to his father about the Holiday Inn, Joran answered that he had disappointed his father in/with that.

Of this I reported on my oath as officer on June 17th 2005.
J. van der STRATEN  (signed by Jan VDS)

Note that this is one of van der Straten's statements about what was said/done.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2006, 10:49:10 PM »

Although I have to admit it crossed my mind to photoshop this cartoon dog playing dead in one of the photos.  But like I said, this is too serious to play around with.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2006, 10:50:37 PM »

Thanks msmarples.  So...June 5th bloody mattress found, June 13th statement from Van Der Straaten.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2006, 10:51:30 PM »

Actually, I was a little quick with the snip in the previous post. Just noticed that unless there's a typo or something, apparently the statement was made on 6/13, but VDS didn't submit it until 6/17 - or something like that. Here is the beginning of the statement, which is quite short compared to most of the others:

I, Jan van der STRATEN, police chief with the Aruban Police Corps, state the following.

On Monday June 13th 2005, at approximately 13.00 hours [1:00 pm] I spoke informally with the suspect Joran Andreas Petrus v/d SLOOT at the police station in Oranjestad.

To clarify, this is the beginning of the statement about "two dogs".

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2006, 10:55:25 PM »

Joran's story about Deepak and the two dawgs sounds as phony as the first statement he made...for that matter all the rest he made too...How he came to say that makes little sense to me..why two dawgs?  Furthermore, why didn't the ALE even ask what he meant by that?  Because they already knew it was a bunch of hooey, that's why.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2006, 11:04:54 PM »

Kat_Gram just posted this on the front page of SM.  I nominate it as the post of the day!!

I would like to suggest that ” something bad happened ”
the day Joran was born.
Mrsn2itiv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2006, 11:25:40 PM »

Lol Wink

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.  RWE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2006, 11:53:40 PM »

Note, the above photo is doctored, lol Laughing  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.