June 01, 2024, 10:18:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #17 6/26/09 - 8/6/09  (Read 440333 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: July 07, 2009, 11:22:52 PM »

Thank You Klass....

FYI it's Klaas not Klass

Be sure to get the email addy right smklaas@hotmail.com

I only mention this because it's a common mistake with my name and happens all the time 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: July 07, 2009, 11:30:03 PM »

I don't think that the carseat issue is so much about the law but more about the safety of having a child out of their carseat while the car is moving....it is more  the safety issue of it in my mind...a child loose like that in a car, even with mom holding the child could be a torpedo going through the windshield if there was an accident...I am not  talking about Crystal of anyone else on here,,,just that it is very dangerous to let a child out of their safety car seat....

and another thing comes to mind...would it be ok if ron or Misty had the child on their laps while the car was moving? others are thinking that Crystal was comforting the child, but what if ron was doing the same thing? my opinion and my opinion only, children belong in their car seats, no matter what when a car is moving...too dangerous...not judging...just opinionating....we are all child advocates on here in some form or another, and child safety is one of the issues in my opinion...don't throw nanners, just one of my pet peeves when I see children not in car seats....no matter who they are or for what reason...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #842 on: July 07, 2009, 11:33:28 PM »

What does that have to do with Haleigh being missing? 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #843 on: July 07, 2009, 11:42:34 PM »

What does that have to do with Haleigh being missing? 

If you are asking me...in regards to my post....
nothing as far as I am concerned speaking for myself...can't answer for the rest of the posters...just responding and joining in the conversations  of the posts on here...seems that has been the discussion in the previous posts.......

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #844 on: July 07, 2009, 11:47:07 PM »

I just sent the email....
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #845 on: July 07, 2009, 11:49:25 PM »

Thank You Klass....

FYI it's Klaas not Klass

Be sure to get the email addy right smklaas@hotmail.com

I only mention this because it's a common mistake with my name and happens all the time 

I am sorry.. I know I do it all the time...
JNGA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #846 on: July 08, 2009, 12:52:10 AM »

What the world needs is a more compassion towards each other, there's just not enough of it going around.  Everybody has had problems at some point in time and if you haven't then you will, Just think of how you would like to be treated and return that to others, Be compassionate towards others and this world will be a much better place. 

I applaud you for writing what most of us has probably done at sometime with our children over their young lives.  Like you, it is not the wises thing to do and thankfully nothing happened, but when things are crazy sometimes we have to do things we would not normally do.

I was dumbstruck when I saw the venom poured out towards Crystal for holding her child in her arms when the full circumstances still have not been established.  Some were ready to call DCS and demand an investigation IMMEDIATELY!.

I personally do not know what happened to HaLeigh.  None of us really do.  There are behaviors (not the rumors) that I have seen in Ron and Misty that make me feel that I know certain things about them, but not whether or not they had anything to do with HaLeigh's disappearance itself.

Crystal's actual actions to date (not the rumors) have presented more favorably than Ron and Misty's have.  Once again, I do not have enough info to "Condemn" any of them from having anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance except perhaps indirectly.

One other thing that bothers me is when people yell that Crystal ABANDONED her children.  As I have read and believe is fact, she took her children with her when she left Ron.  He is the one who refused to return the children to her at the time he was supposed to!  How is that abandonment?

Before I retired, I worked with rural families in the Appalachian areas.  One of the greatest compliments my boss gave me was that I was "Non-judgmental" with these families.  I tried to look through their eyes with the life they lived.  I took action where it was necessary concerning the children, but first tried to educate and suggest with the benefit of my upbringing and knowledge gained through education which was more fortunate than theirs. 

I wish sometimes that people who are so quick to condemn one side or the other would slow down and THINK things through before judging another's actions.  'nough said!

Thunder Bunny
Scared Monkey

PLEASE BRING HALEIGH HOME

« Reply #847 on: July 08, 2009, 12:55:25 AM »

Cookie!  Good to see you!  Where have you been?
Spydee!!  ((you))

This silence is deafening.

Calm before a storm perhaps?

Do ANYONE have anything new?  Marie posted a tweet today asking for anyone that knows truly knows anything ABOUT ONE CERTAIN PERSON BEING OUT THAT NIGHT to please come forward.  Hmmmmmm.  Whoa.  I just reread it again before posting.  and I JUST got the bold part out of the tweet.

Interesting.....

~°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°     Please Bring Haleigh Home!!!!     °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°~
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #848 on: July 08, 2009, 01:02:27 AM »

Cookie!  Good to see you!  Where have you been?
Spydee!!  ((you))

This silence is deafening.

Calm before a storm perhaps?

Do ANYONE have anything new?  Marie posted a tweet today asking for anyone that knows truly knows anything ABOUT ONE CERTAIN PERSON BEING OUT THAT NIGHT to please come forward.  Hmmmmmm.  Whoa.  I just reread it again before posting.  and I JUST got the bold part out of the tweet.

Interesting.....

Hi Thunder! I am on vacation...just catching up on some threads...I see that I have not missed much..still no word on Haleigh...I haven't listened to much news either on tv...actually it has been rather nice...the news only tells the bad things  it seems...
I sure hope that there is a break in this case soon...that Haleigh is found and whomever had something to do with this is brought to justice...seems that Haleigh has been forgotten....sadly....someone knows where she is ....they need to speak up!

Thunder Bunny
Scared Monkey

PLEASE BRING HALEIGH HOME

« Reply #849 on: July 08, 2009, 01:09:11 AM »

(((JNGA)))) my sista!  Where have you been?

Now sweet monkeys.  Where's Heart?  Heart?  Can you give me a run down on the bloggersnews info you posted?  You know pickles banned me.
 <BIG BULLDOG SNORT>

Thank you in advance. 

~°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°     Please Bring Haleigh Home!!!!     °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°~
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #850 on: July 08, 2009, 01:20:50 AM »

Thats where the problems and the arguments and the disagreements come from with this case, Both these parents of this beautiful little girl made mistakes, did things that brought unwanted attention to them and gave people something to blame them for. Things that could have brought harm to these children, but up until Haleigh disapeared, never really seemed important.........We are all guilty of the same thing........I know I am.......some are little things.......some are bigger things, but they would and could be overlooked as long as everything came out alright and nothing bad happened.....My son at the age of 6 was cutting yarn with his little child proof scissors while my Mother and myself were making Christmas wreaths one year and we had regular cutting shears............we took a break at one point to go out to the kitchen to get something to drink and set our sissors down on the table......within minutes after we walked out, my son picked up the sissors my Mother was using and somehow mananged to slip with them and stuck them in his left eye, and injury that took years to overcome and several surgeries that he had to endure..........and is still enduring to this day..........We were wrong to leave them there like that, it never crossed our minds that he would pick them up when he had his own to play with.......but he did, and after that day........I never had another pair of sissors in my home that was not under lock and key.......my daughter never even got to hold a pair until just recently and she is 16........I guess the point Im trying to make is.......there are a lot of things that parents do that could be dangerous but most of the time they are little things that dont seem important at the time....But never ever have I ever put my child second to anyone or anything.......You have to think when you leave your child in someone elses care ....when you bring other people into your childs life, those are the big things that most dont ever take a chance with and no body ever should!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: July 08, 2009, 01:40:13 AM »

good post HH...

I think that as parents we have all made mistakes...and  because we are not in the public eye like these parents, for the awful reason that they are in the spotlight, our mistakes are not made public for all the world to see...
I really feel sorry for both of Haleigh's parents..it has to be a living nightmare for all of her family....jmo 

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #852 on: July 08, 2009, 01:52:50 AM »

good post HH...

I think that as parents we have all made mistakes...and  because we are not in the public eye like these parents, for the awful reason that they are in the spotlight, our mistakes are not made public for all the world to see...
I really feel sorry for both of Haleigh's parents..it has to be a living nightmare for all of her family....jmo 
Yes, a nightmare with no end in site that I can see right now!!!!!   terrible........

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: July 08, 2009, 08:01:08 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys

Can we hope that today is the day that the PCSO round table will resume?????  and that we will have a positive report coming from them? 

TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #854 on: July 08, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »

Thanks for the beautiful picture, Jerseygirl. I never get tired of seeing these pictures of this little angel. I so wish she would be found.

Good morning, All! In reading the various blogs this morning, I was struck by how little is mentioned about Haleigh and how much is just in-fighting and arguing over things that do not matter. Who cares who donated the money to pay the back support? It is not against the law, no matter who did it.
 And the uproar over the picture of Crystal holding Jr. in the back seat.... my, my... it isn't like some of us have never done the same, is it? Gee... the nerve of some cops not to have given her a ticket right there!!!
 My youngest son would not stay in a car seat once he was a year or so old. He was a regular Houdini, he could wriggle out of the belt somehow. I remember a trip to Dallas when he was about 2, I took my mother to visit her brother and sister-in-law. Worried every minute because I thought I was going to get stopped... praying that he would fall asleep in the seat. No such luck. I finally talked him into sitting in the floor, so he couldn't be seen by the cops. I bet I stopped 6 times to put him back in the car seat, and he managed to get out within 15 minutes. That trip that should have taken 1-1/2 hours took over 2 hours. Coming home the next day, he fell asleep before we hit I-20, so luck was with me then.
 My point is... we've all done things and got by with them, and it's no big deal to me. Crystal obviously loves her children, and if mine were sick and crying and I had no choice, you'd better believe I would hold him and comfort him! To heck with what people thought!! The fine and the ticket would be worth it, to me.

LOL! I had a little Houdini just like that at 2 1/2 years old.  I drove my 3 children from Oklahoma to Maryland and it was all my other young children could do to try to keep him in a seatbelt!  Fortunately, laws were not sooo strict back then and no tickets or mishaps, but it sure drove us nuts!

I guess the message is:  Stop and think about reality before you condemen someone for an action.  To be "politically" correct is not always what happens in life and frankly, a darn near impossibility at times!  Yes, there is a law on the books, but a law that brought some Senator facetime is not always what happens in real life and that law should not be used to condemn someone you don't like at this particular minute.  I just appreciated someone stepping up and speaking REAL talk!

Thank you. None of us would probably deliberately put our child in danger, but it is a mother's first instinct to hold and comfort a child. Mom instincts win out every time! I just thought it was very petty for some to rave on about that when it is not a certainty that the car was moving. Some even accused her of driving with him in her lap, when you can clearly see it was the back seat, not the driver's seat... no steering wheel. And... didn't Ron admit that he held Haleigh on his lap and let her guide his car from the bus stop? Not sure how far the bus stop is from home, but most accidents happen close to home, anyway. One of our neighbors was killed in a car accident last week, less than 1/2 mile from his house... just a few yards from our driveway.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #855 on: July 08, 2009, 09:14:22 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys

Can we hope that today is the day that the PCSO round table will resume?????  and that we will have a positive report coming from them? 

Good Morning Grama, All!

Yes, we can hope, that is all we can do at this point.

If they do hold the round table I don't look to see anything official in print until tomorrow or Friday.

Heart
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #856 on: July 08, 2009, 09:26:19 AM »

Thats where the problems and the arguments and the disagreements come from with this case, Both these parents of this beautiful little girl made mistakes, did things that brought unwanted attention to them and gave people something to blame them for. Things that could have brought harm to these children, but up until Haleigh disapeared, never really seemed important.........We are all guilty of the same thing........I know I am.......some are little things.......some are bigger things, but they would and could be overlooked as long as everything came out alright and nothing bad happened.....My son at the age of 6 was cutting yarn with his little child proof scissors while my Mother and myself were making Christmas wreaths one year and we had regular cutting shears............we took a break at one point to go out to the kitchen to get something to drink and set our sissors down on the table......within minutes after we walked out, my son picked up the sissors my Mother was using and somehow mananged to slip with them and stuck them in his left eye, and injury that took years to overcome and several surgeries that he had to endure..........and is still enduring to this day..........We were wrong to leave them there like that, it never crossed our minds that he would pick them up when he had his own to play with.......but he did, and after that day........I never had another pair of sissors in my home that was not under lock and key.......my daughter never even got to hold a pair until just recently and she is 16........I guess the point Im trying to make is.......there are a lot of things that parents do that could be dangerous but most of the time they are little things that dont seem important at the time....But never ever have I ever put my child second to anyone or anything.......You have to think when you leave your child in someone elses care ....when you bring other people into your childs life, those are the big things that most dont ever take a chance with and no body ever should!

I'm so sorry that your son had to go through that.
My middle son suffered horrible 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his feet when he was 20 months old, because I turned my back on him for just a minute. My landlady had been burning leaves in the ditch close to the driveway, and he walked into the ashes barefoot, to retrieve a toy horse on wheels he had been riding. I was standing on my back steps talking to her when I heard him scream. His older brother was 4, and saw it happen.... and to this day he blames himself for not "saving" him. I blame myself, because I did not keep my eyes on them every second. He is 40 years old now, and still has trouble with his feet. He spent 6 weeks in the hospital and has had four surgeries due to those burns and a toe amputated. And I will live with the guilt every day of my life. Fortunately, he doesn't blame anyone and he doesn't really remember most of what he went through at the time... but I do.
Things happen... sometimes it's our fault and sometimes it's just fate.
I firmly believe Kim P.'s story that the picture of Crystal holding Jr. was while the car was sitting in front of the drugstore. Just as I believe none of those pictures of her and the children were photoshopped. That's just my choice.
Oh, and my landlady even blamed herself, of course. 

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #857 on: July 08, 2009, 09:33:01 AM »

I thought the round table meeting was yesterday, was it not?
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #858 on: July 08, 2009, 12:50:52 PM »

Rose, TJ Hart and/or Cobra said on Blogger Talk Radio that the round table could possibly be today or tomorrow.

Heart
mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #859 on: July 08, 2009, 01:39:12 PM »

Rose, TJ Hart and/or Cobra said on Blogger Talk Radio that the round table could possibly be today or tomorrow.

Well, we know they have at least one thing to cross of their list.. and maybe they have had people interviewed and more evidence processed.  And the plot their next step..  I do hope all realize, they aren't going to release any info.. we will learn what they have decided to do.. as they do it.

"Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men", John Steinbeck
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.