April 18, 2024, 04:02:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terror, Obama, Zero Tolerance for Terrorism, and Unique Identity  (Read 1774 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 05, 2009, 06:53:58 AM »

President Obama wants to spend trillions on welfare, health care, illegal aliens, and state of the art computer technology.  Why? 

Where are the fraud, crime, deception, and corruption controls?  MIA.

Our system, as an example, for identifying people - citizens, those legally allowed to be here, drivers license, and voter registration for all their advertised bells & whistles is straight from the stone age. 

I saw in the media the other day, that a man had maybe six or eight drivers licenses/identities.  Wow.  I wonder how many he's had over his lifetime?  How many welfare and other government checks did he collect?  Why would any normal person need that many identities?

When I voted in my Democratic primary last year, there were three women in front of me.  One was told she had already voted that day, and she was surprised, and said "I did?" the two others were registering to vote and using a utility bill and each other to vouch for their identity.  A utility bill, in our computer age is easily photo shopped. 

In our daily lives, people ask us for IDs.  Why would you let someone vote or register without checking an ID.  (There is still the question of it being real)  Why would you trust someone's verbal identification?

Maybe they were registering a child to vote?  A non real person?  A phoney name?  Any safeguards in the system to prevent fraud?  Corruption?

Why not expand and require the use of E-Verify?  Is that Social Security number real?  Does it belong to a living person?  Should a dead person be voting?  Should a baby be voting?

Does a utility bill prove citizenship or residence? 

Zero tolerance for terror: President Patil

President Pratibha Patil, while advocating utmost vigil on internal security, announced that 
the Unique Identity Card (UIC) scheme for each citizen will be implemented in the next three years.

Patil made the announcement while declaring that a policy of zero-tolerance towards terrorism, from whatever source it originates, will be pursued.

The second Administrative Reforms Commission (ARC) had earlier recommended UIC for checking illegal immigration and terrorist infiltration. ...

"The scheme will be implemented in three years, overseen by an Empowered Group. This will serve the purpose of identification for development programmes and security," Patil said. According to the ARC, the card is imperative also for delivery of services to citizens and to carry development programmes to the target population.

read more here -
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Zero-tolerance-for-terror-President-Patil/articleshow/4618011.cms

India has a much larger population than the U.S.  They've been taking identity theft seriously for some time. 

If India can do it, why can't the U.S.?

How can the Obama administration expand services, raise massive deficits, and not be accountable for where all that money goes?  What happened to E-Verify?  The Real ID Act of 2005?

Stupidity?  Lack of effort?  Corruption?  I don't really know.

How can you prosper as a nation if you keep throwing money to the wind?  Throw good money after bad?

Corruption?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 06:57:24 AM »

Union home minister P Chidambaram had, soon after taking over late last month, announced the issue of multi-purpose identity cards to all residents in 2011, starting with the citizens in border and coastal areas. “The national population register will be ready by 2011 and the multi-purpose national identity cards will be issued to all residents in 2011,” he informed mediapersons.

The proposed identity card is a smart card having a microprocessor chip. This is a secure card for which recommendation was made by the government-constituted technical committee comprising representatives from National Informatics Centre, IIT Kanpur, Bharat Electronics Limited, Indian Telephone Industries Limited, Electronics Corporation of India Limited and Intelligence Bureau.

The identity smart cards are being issued to citizens of 18 years and more under the pilot project. They are expected to arrest both the entry of terrorist elements from other countries as well as illegal immigration from Bangladesh.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/PoliticsNation/Unique-national-I-cards-in-3-years-/articleshow/4619224.cms

The tired old arguments of the past don't work - it will make it harder for some, but not all of the population.

When does security come first?  Anti-fraud and corruption?  Secure identity?  Safety?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 07:08:05 AM »

The Centre has demarcated Rs 100 crore for its ambitious ‘Identification Project’ to counter the menace of illegal migration especially from Bangladesh, as well as for the purpose of taxation and targeted development.

Under the plan, every Indian citizen will be provided with a Multi-purpose National Identity (Smart) Card (MNIC) with a unique ID.

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/centres-ambitious-identification-project-to-counter-illegal-migration/458394/

If the U.S. had no welfare or pension system, strong border controls, and a sound identification system, would there be vote/election fraud?  Out of control spending on welfare programs, health care, and education? 

I think the explosion of our illegal population, fraud, and welfare programs is the force behind the financial instability.  The failure of politicians to take action to discourage illegal immigration, fraud, and the expansion of welfare programs is destroying the fabric of our society. 

Even if you have amnesty, what's to prevent the next 40-50 million from coming?  What's to prevent each one from claiming two or three (or more) identities and double dipping?

What about all the citizens and legal people who are knowing and unknowing victims of identity fraud?  When all these illegal people become citizens, will they leave their phoney identities behind?  Leave the legal people responsible for the clean up of their mess?

What about the illegals that have been collecting government benefits for years?  For their citizen children?  Will they be repaying any of that money?  I have to imagine that many have enjoyed a fabulous lifestyle on the taxpayer dime.  Untaxed income, welfare payments...a lifestyle many working Americans are unable to enjoy.

jmho

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.