April 26, 2024, 12:10:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 465658 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1040 on: July 14, 2009, 07:23:27 PM »

This is horrible.  I have no words other than I hope the person who did this suffers in he77 for a very long time.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1041 on: July 14, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »

Nutt,I know your up there somewhere.
Death Penalty. 
No death penalty in Michigan 

No, because it is one of the "enlightened and liberal" states. Cruel to kill a criminal, not so much for a child. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1042 on: July 14, 2009, 07:57:31 PM »

OH NO! My GOD PLEASE NO!!!!!!!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1043 on: July 14, 2009, 08:03:02 PM »

Death Penalty. 

No, because it is one of the "enlightened and liberal" states. Cruel to kill a criminal, not so much for a child. 

Hell is too good for these people.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1044 on: July 14, 2009, 08:20:11 PM »

Death Penalty. 

There would be if I were in charge ... 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1045 on: July 14, 2009, 08:21:36 PM »

Autopsy: Nevaeh may have been buried alive
by Ray Kisonas , last modified July 14. 2009 7:23PM
buy this photo | enlarge | view our galleries
— Evening News photo by JENNY KANE Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, was last seen alive at the Charlotte Arms Apartments complex May 24. Her body was discovered June 4 along the banks of the River Raisin.
Spread The News

Join the MonroeTalks.com Conversation

Bookmark and Share

An autopsy showed that Nevaeh Buchanan died of choking on dirt and perhaps even was buried alive, officials confirmed tonight.
Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said he received the autopsy results today.
"The autopsy results have revealed that Nevaeh’s death was caused by aspiration of fine particulate material (dirt)," the sheriff said in a statement. "This means that Nevaeh’s face was forcibly maintained or embedded into a dirt surface. Whether this resulted from another person forcibly pressing her face into dirt or whether she was buried alive could not be determined."
The Rev. Dale Hayford, who has provided spiritual support for the family throughout the ordeal, said they knew for some time that the 5-year-old could have been buried alive but the police confirmed that possibility today.
"They’re just stunned," Pastor Hayford said. "Everybody’s stunned."
Nevaeh disappeared from the Charlotte Arms Apartments on N. Macomb St. Memorial Day weekend and her body was found two weeks later on June 4. Fishermen stumbled across a crude, shallow grave along the River Raisin that was covered with concrete.
The site near Dixon Rd. has become another memorial for the little girl after the first, near the apartment complex, was taken down. Her mother, Jennifer Buchanan, had said the stuffed animals that made up a large part of the memorial at the complex were donated.
Sheriff Crutchfield said investigators still are working on the case daily, following tips and conducting interviews.

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090714/NEWS01/707149966

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1046 on: July 14, 2009, 08:25:10 PM »

Monsters ARE real ...they live among us. 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1047 on: July 14, 2009, 10:00:06 PM »

God Bless You, Nevaeh. God Bless You. My heart is in pieces over this. I can't believe there are monsters that walk among us that can be so cruel. I am just speechless right now. I wish I could put into words how I feel. Anger, sadness, sorrow, grief, disbelief- they're all muddled together.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1048 on: July 14, 2009, 10:17:49 PM »

God Bless You, Nevaeh. God Bless You. My heart is in pieces over this. I can't believe there are monsters that walk among us that can be so cruel. I am just speechless right now. I wish I could put into words how I feel. Anger, sadness, sorrow, grief, disbelief- they're all muddled together.

oh Jess...I didn't want you to see this....I knew that you would take it really hard...as we all are...I didn't want to see it either...
I am feeling all that you are feeling...gobsmacked....

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1049 on: July 15, 2009, 12:00:03 AM »

the sound you hear is my heart crying....

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1050 on: July 15, 2009, 04:21:59 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

How can they say she didn't suffer? Neither of the possibilities in my mind scream "didn't suffer".

I have been sick to my stomach for most of the day, after learning of this news. I can't imagine the grief, horror and pain Nevaeh's family is going through. It's just one evil, horrific detail after another...

I pray you didn't suffer little one. I pray it was quick and painless for you, Nevaeh. That you were possibly unconscious and had no idea what was happening or going to happen to you, is what I pray for.

We are all standing tall for you baby girl. We will not rest until the monster or monsters that did this to you is/are arrested and behind bars. As death is not an option for them, we all pray they are found guilty and spend the rest of their lives, rotting in a jail cell, haunted by the evil that they have done and their after life burning in hell forevermore.

I have been at peace since Nevaeh came to me in a dream one night...this new news, will haunt my days and my nights once again.

I am so sorry baby girl. My heart breaks for you and my tears flow for you once again. It's going to be okay though. You are safe with God and at peace...playing in heaven with all the other baby angels. Please wrap your angel wings around your family and whisper words of love to them, as they are in pain tonight.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:42:46 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1051 on: July 15, 2009, 08:38:28 AM »

Article published July 15, 2009
Nevaeh may have been buried alive
Girl, 5, died of asphyxiation, inhaled dirt, autopsy shows

MONROE - Nevaeh Buchanan, the murdered 5-year-old Monroe girl whose body was discovered by fishermen last month, may have been buried along the River Raisin alive, authorities said yesterday.

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said autopsy results released by the Wayne County medical examiner showed the girl died of asphyxiation and had inhaled dirt into her lungs.

Nevaeh's body was found June 4 buried in a shallow grave and encased in concrete. She had been missing for 11 days.

Sheriff Crutchfield said last night that the girl may have been buried alive or held down in the dirt, causing her to suffocate. The autopsy showed that the body had no trauma such as broken bones or bruises, he said.

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090715/NEWS02/907150347

The sheriff said the exact day or time of her death couldn't be determined, but the autopsy indicated she died shortly after she was discovered to be missing from her home. "I can't give you a day or time. But it would have been soon after she disappeared. Within a window of a day or so, if not on that very same evening."

No one has been arrested. Her funeral was held one month ago this week.
Nevaeh had been riding a scooter in the parking lot of the Charlotte Arms apartment complex on North Macomb Street in Monroe shortly before she was reported missing on the evening of May 24.

She lived in the apartment complex with her mother, Jennifer Buchanan, and grandmother Sherry Buchanan.

A Newport, Mich., man and his stepfather who were fishing along the river in Raisinville Township kicked loose the freshly poured concrete to expose part of the girl's body, extinguishing the family's hope of finding the girl alive.

Diana Lawson, Nevaeh's great-aunt, said detectives went yesterday to the Food Town in Monroe where her sister Sherry Buchanan works to discuss the autopsy findings. "They said to her Nevaeh was buried alive," Ms. Lawson said. "She had a little dirt in her throat. She didn't suffer anything."

She said her sister became very emotional after sheriff's detectives told her about how her granddaughter had died.

"She had tears streaming down her cheeks. She's very upset," Ms. Lawson said.

Shaun Lawson, Ms. Lawson's son and Nevaeh's cousin, said she was found face-down in the shallow grave and naked, with her clothes tucked underneath her.

Sheriff Crutchfield said he wouldn't comment on whether the victim was found naked or sexually assaulted. "We aren't discussing those types of details," he said.

The sheriff said toxicology testing conducted by the medical examiner's office showed that she wasn't drugged.

Ms. Lawson said Nevaeh's 24-year-old mother, Jennifer, was inside the Charlotte Arms apartment complex last night and was "not taking it easy" upon hearing about the autopsy.

Shane Hinojosa, Nevaeh's father, learned of the autopsy results from media reports, said his mother, Carla Elliotte.

"He is devastated," she said.

Sherry Buchanan was at work last night and declined to comment.

Ms. Lawson and her son last night renewed their appeal for state lawmakers to institute the death penalty in Michigan for murder.

"I want to see him suffer in a slow death," Ms. Lawson said.

Mr. Lawson said that state taxpayers will end up footing the bill if the killer or killers are arrested and convicted.

"This guy, if they catch him, will end up getting three meals a day and watching cable TV," he said. "The person needs to be caught. That is the main thing. Until the person is caught, every child in this community is in danger."

When asked if there was any solace to autopsy findings that Nevaeh may have died unconscious and didn't suffer trauma, Mr. Lawson said: "It makes it worse. She was buried alive. That's got to be the cruelest way to go - to have all that fear in you when you are dying."

A task force of local, state, and federal investigators has received more than 1,200 tips since the girl's disappearance.

Investigators are continuing to ask the public for help in developing leads and are asking for tips and information on vehicles or anyone who had fished along the river bank near Dixon Road, about halfway between Monroe and Dundee. They are asked to call the task force tip line at 734-243-7070.

"We continue to interview people daily. We are working on tips and they lead us to other tips. We have to clarify those tips and move on," the sheriff said.

Sheriff Crutchfield said testing being conducted at the Michigan State Police Crime Laboratory on evidence recovered at the gravesite is ongoing. He refused to comment on what was found at the scene.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1052 on: July 15, 2009, 08:41:21 AM »

oops, I put the link in the middle of the article...its too early and this is heart breaking!

I am praying that Nevaeh was unconscious when she was buried alive....if she wasn't then how can they say she didn't suffer!

Whoever is responsible for this is one sick individual.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1053 on: July 15, 2009, 08:59:33 AM »

oops, I put the link in the middle of the article...its too early and this is heart breaking!

I am praying that Nevaeh was unconscious when she was buried alive....if she wasn't then how can they say she didn't suffer!

Whoever is responsible for this is one sick individual.

I agree Leroy...this is going to haunt me the rest of my life, just like Jessica Lunsford's death does...I can't stand to even think about how scared these little girls were...I pray that they were both in shock or unconscious so that they didn't have to realize what was happening to them...my heart is sad all over again...

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1054 on: July 15, 2009, 12:18:26 PM »

I was talking to my sister about this today. She's been a nurse for many many years. She told me that this is not like drowning. She said what happens in a case like this is the brain slowly becomes oxygen deprived until you just fall asleep. She, too, doubts Navaeh "suffered." I put that in quotes because, well, you know why.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1055 on: July 15, 2009, 01:08:42 PM »

So sad, so very sad.  I can not even imagine the fright and fear that went through her little mind while she was being buried alive..or her head held in dirt. 

What kind of animal does something like this? I think that the DP needs to be reinstated, especially for heinous crimes against children.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Haddie McFaddies Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1056 on: July 15, 2009, 02:35:41 PM »

Horrified, I sit and share with my other monkey friends, the grief and sorrow we feel for little Nevaeh.  May the family find comfort and strength in the days to follow, as they uncover the heinous monster that did this.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1057 on: July 15, 2009, 03:14:29 PM »

If it is true that Nevaeh was found without her clothes, she was not wearing clothes for one reason, that alone tells me Nevaeh suffered.  No way did this child not suffer.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1058 on: July 15, 2009, 04:32:42 PM »

If it is true that Nevaeh was found without her clothes, she was not wearing clothes for one reason, that alone tells me Nevaeh suffered.  No way did this child not suffer.

I agree with you. No way did she not suffer.

How much did we look at Aaron Baker? That's where they took the carpet sample from last week. The neighbor up the stairs where Nevaeh was playing.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1059 on: July 15, 2009, 04:34:31 PM »

No Rose, I agree with you, but gain some comfort from knowing there were no visible signs of trauma. Had she been raped in the worst way, I don't think that would be the case. Perhaps she was assaulted though. I have my theories about motive, but they are speculative, so I rather not share them.

My hear truly goes out to Nevaeh. She will be in my heart forever, and I gain additional comfort believing that she knows that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.