March 28, 2024, 07:57:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 462218 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1140 on: August 03, 2009, 10:15:41 AM »

what is taking so long in this case?? the LE must have some idea of who did this...the LE must feel confident that whoever murdered Nevaeh is not a danger to other children in that area wouldn't you think? otherwise wouldn't they be saying something like, keep your children in your site at all times, beware of the danger out there...this murderer could still be in the area etc etc...

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1141 on: August 03, 2009, 01:53:34 PM »

I agree with your observations, Cookie.  I think they know who did it and getting all their ducks in a row.

Praying for you Little One--
 an angelic monkey

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1142 on: August 04, 2009, 07:57:53 PM »

The county fair is going on in Monroe and tonight is demo derby.

Marlow of Raisinville Township (right) and his friend, Kent VanEeckhoutte of Erie, worked on an old Crown Victoria, decorating it as a tribute to Nevaeh Buchanan with her portrait and some of her favorites, such as SpongeBob and motorcycles. Mr. Marlow, who has a young granddaughter also named Nevaeh, says the tribute idea came to him as he was prepping the vehicle for tonight’s demolition derby. “This is just for her,” he says.

What a beautiful tribute. I am sure Nevaeh, Robert and all her angel friends will be watching and oooo'ing and ahhh'ing at the demo derby tonight, rooting her car on. The thought of that makes me smile and I need a smile today.

You are in my heart, thoughts and prayers, little one.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=NAB

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1143 on: August 04, 2009, 08:18:18 PM »

that was sweet Pinky!  shows that there are a lot of people who still think of Nevaeh....

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1144 on: August 04, 2009, 10:05:18 PM »

That's for sure. What a nice gesture for such a sweet little Angel.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1145 on: August 04, 2009, 10:12:15 PM »

Hi Jess....how are you holding up?

we need some good news on a missing child for a change . aren't we about due to have something good come out of all this bad stuff?

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1146 on: August 04, 2009, 10:25:49 PM »

Hi cookie. I'm doing fine, thanks. Although these kids are really taking an emotional toll on me. Interestingly, on Prime News HLN this evening, JVM was on commenting about how many children have been in the news lately, and about how something needs to be done. Perhaps the media is FINALLY going to take notice. That's a silver lining I suppose. I also made a post in the Sandra thread about a teacher that was just sentenced in San Joaquin County to 75 years to life for molesting 4 little girls ages 7 to 9. I'm not sure the sentence would have been that harsh had it not been for Sandra. So perhaps that's a silver lining too. I'd love to see a trio for the week and see Lindsey come home safely. I'd be happier yet to see Huckaby get indicted and Nevaeh's and Robert's killers caught. What a wish list, huh?  I should be wishing for much happier things. 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1147 on: August 04, 2009, 10:31:04 PM »

Hi cookie. I'm doing fine, thanks. Although these kids are really taking an emotional toll on me. Interestingly, on Prime News HLN this evening, JVM was on commenting about how many children have been in the news lately, and about how something needs to be done. Perhaps the media is FINALLY going to take notice. That's a silver lining I suppose. I also made a post in the Sandra thread about a teacher that was just sentenced in San Joaquin County to 75 years to life for molesting 4 little girls ages 7 to 9. I'm not sure the sentence would have been that harsh had it not been for Sandra. So perhaps that's a silver lining too. I'd love to see a trio for the week and see Lindsey come home safely. I'd be happier yet to see Huckaby get indicted and Nevaeh's and Robert's killers caught. What a wish list, huh?  I should be wishing for much happier things. 

yes I saw JVM...I thought about the monkeys on here when I heard her....
well, 75 years to life for molesting those little girls is good enough for him!! I will go read about that one..the stiffer the sentences are for these freaks, the better...
I quite like your wish list!!! hang in there friend...

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1148 on: August 05, 2009, 08:11:46 AM »

Just popped on to say that, Nevaeh, you are on my mind in a big way this morning.  This little girl makes me so emotional.  I just wish they'd announce an arrest already.  The SOB that did this has to pay. 

Praying for you every day, Little Angel.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1149 on: August 05, 2009, 08:16:31 AM »

right there with you Jess!!

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1150 on: August 05, 2009, 05:03:34 PM »

Just popped on to say that, Nevaeh, you are on my mind in a big way this morning.  This little girl makes me so emotional.  I just wish they'd announce an arrest already.  The SOB that did this has to pay. 

She was on my mind too. I couldn't sleep last night. All that has gone on the past couple days with Robert, brought me right back to the day Nevaeh was found. 

Little man's body being ID'd by the coroner 2 months to the day that our angel was found along the river, made it especially difficult for me.

I can't believe it's been two months already. Something has to break soon. I am praying LE is just waiting on forensics to make an arrest and that Nevaeh's murderer is brought to justice.

Nevaeh has a young cousin named Evan. I am not sure how old he is, he looks to be 15 or 16. He lives in Detroit and is related though Nevaeh's daddy side of the family. He found Nevaeh's FB group awhile back and he must message me through FB at least once a week, asking if I have heard anything new. He is so worried that there hasn't been an arrest yet and that he thinks Nevaeh needs more media coverage. I have to keep reassuring him that justice takes time and that even though we haven't heard anything doesn't mean law enforcement isn't doing their job. I also explained to him that usually after a child has been found, unless their is a break in the case, there usually isn't much media coverage. It doesn't mean anyone has forgotten about Nevaeh. I feel bad for him, poor kid. I wish I had better answers to give him.

You are in my prayers, thoughts and heart, little one. I hope you and Robert are fast friends.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1151 on: August 06, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »

She was on my mind too. I couldn't sleep last night. All that has gone on the past couple days with Robert, brought me right back to the day Nevaeh was found. 

Little man's body being ID'd by the coroner 2 months to the day that our angel was found along the river, made it especially difficult for me.

I can't believe it's been two months already. Something has to break soon. I am praying LE is just waiting on forensics to make an arrest and that Nevaeh's murderer is brought to justice.

Nevaeh has a young cousin named Evan. I am not sure how old he is, he looks to be 15 or 16. He lives in Detroit and is related though Nevaeh's daddy side of the family. He found Nevaeh's FB group awhile back and he must message me through FB at least once a week, asking if I have heard anything new. He is so worried that there hasn't been an arrest yet and that he thinks Nevaeh needs more media coverage. I have to keep reassuring him that justice takes time and that even though we haven't heard anything doesn't mean law enforcement isn't doing their job. I also explained to him that usually after a child has been found, unless their is a break in the case, there usually isn't much media coverage. It doesn't mean anyone has forgotten about Nevaeh. I feel bad for him, poor kid. I wish I had better answers to give him.

You are in my prayers, thoughts and heart, little one. I hope you and Robert are fast friends.

That's heartbreaking.  I know how badly Nevaeh has affected me;  I can only imagine how it has affected caring family members like Evan.  I wish I had answers for him.  At this point, we can only provide our support and our prayers, and keep Nevaeh's spirit and memory as alive as she is in my heart.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1152 on: August 06, 2009, 12:59:30 PM »

That's very sad, I hope and pray very soon there will be an arrest, it is hard to be patient, but I feel there will be an arrest.  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1153 on: August 06, 2009, 05:44:24 PM »

I hope there will be an arrest soon. Nevaeh deserves justice. 
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1154 on: August 06, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »

From Monroenews:

Fair can't escape fear

A nagging fear dwells in the minds of many cautious parents at this year’s Monroe County Fair.

Along the midway, near the grandstand, even in the livestock areas, some moms and dads admit that Nevaeh Buchanan’s murder has them keeping even tighter tabs on their children.  After all, a murderer still might be on the loose.

"You never know, it could be anybody since the case hasn’t been solved," said Lisa Kuehnlein, who was keeping a close rein on her daughter, Madalyn, 4, along the fairgrounds Monday.  "My eyes are always on her because she’s one of those that likes to go," she said as Madalyn scampered along, the proud owner of an inflatable unicorn her mom had just bought her.

"I know where my kids are at all times," said Andrea Sutherland, who just had exited the women’s restroom with her son, Kyle, 5.

"My mom has been very overprotective. She never let me out of her sight and it’s carried over," Mrs. Sutherland said.

Even those who don’t voice extra concern about their children’s safety this year demonstrate it by their actions. Adult hands clench little fingers more tightly. Grownup eyes follow a tot’s every move. Children who wander afar are scolded. Siblings are chided to hold hands and stick together.
For many, stranger danger is top of mind even amid the normally wholesome fair environment.

"Something like that would never happen at the fair," Vicki McAllister said of the abduction and murder of 5-year-old Nevaeh, whose body was found June 4 half-buried and covered in concrete along the banks of the River Raisin in Raisinville Township. "But something like that would never happen in Monroe, would it?

"You really can’t be too careful," said the Maybee mother of two.

Could the culprit be at the fair? "Of course you can’t answer that," Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said. "The only way you’ll know for sure is when we finally identify the person involved."

Could the killer still be in the area? "Absolutely," he said.

Although two "persons of interest" in the case are in jail on unrelated charges, the sheriff indicated no break in the case appears imminent.

He says parents should use common sense to safeguard their kids. They should always maintain sight contact. As with the Buchanan incident, it only takes a minute and they’re gone.

"Parents need to maintain vigilance and know where their children are and know what they are doing," he said. "Until they feel secure in their own mind that the child is responsible enough to be with their friends, they need to maintain contact with their children.

"Don’t get too comfortable, and act responsibly," he said.

Mrs. Sutherland said her family lives across the road from the fairgrounds and her daughter, Brienna, 11, is in 4-H, "but I still don’t let them come here alone."

Mrs. Kuehnlein said she’s amazed at the number of 9-, 10- and 11-year-old girls she sees unattended at the fairgrounds.

"People get too comfortable," she said. "They come here three or four years and they get too comfortable.

"All it takes is a second."

The sheriff said the investigation into the murder is continuing and interviews are done every day that generate leads.

"Eventually we’re going to solve it," he said. "I think we’ll solve it, but it will not be as quickly as we hoped for or certainly not as quickly as the public wants, but we’ll solve it."

Edit:  Add link per JessStar:
http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090806/NEWS01/708069970
Praying for an arrest. . .soon. . .
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:19:03 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1155 on: August 06, 2009, 06:05:59 PM »

Sorry, here's the link.  Added link.  MB

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090806/NEWS01/708069970
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:19:46 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1156 on: August 06, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »

God bless Nevaeh....she deserved so much more from life...they all do, these innocent little ones...

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1157 on: August 07, 2009, 07:08:58 AM »

Amen, cookie. They'll solve this-i feel it in my heart.

God Bless You Nevaeh-

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1158 on: August 07, 2009, 02:06:40 PM »

Wow - I dont know what to think of the sherriff's comments in that last article....I thought they had a good idea who did it and had enough evidence to know who it is.  Now, I'm not sure they know    

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1159 on: August 07, 2009, 02:33:48 PM »

Wow - I dont know what to think of the sherriff's comments in that last article....I thought they had a good idea who did it and had enough evidence to know who it is.  Now, I'm not sure they know    
I felt the same way Leroy, now I'm not sure, how depressing. I pray there will be some justice for Nevaeh.  an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.