April 25, 2024, 09:54:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 465578 times)
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1240 on: September 07, 2009, 06:37:42 PM »

Thank you, MC.  That picture really catches how I've been feeling lately. 

Good news is that I think I'll be getting the go-ahead for the reward posters this coming week.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.  Once that happens, we will be beginning a campaign to get them out there in full-force.

Bless Your Heart, Nevaeh. 

i see no reason in the world why they should say no.  LE needs all the help they can get in finding justice for Nevaeh.   an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1241 on: September 07, 2009, 08:48:30 PM »

I'm devoting my free time to making sure that happens, MC. I should be getting the posters tomorrow.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1242 on: September 07, 2009, 10:28:57 PM »

I'm devoting my free time to making sure that happens, MC. I should be getting the posters tomorrow.
an angelic monkey

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1243 on: September 08, 2009, 09:32:07 PM »

There was an attempted abduction of a 4 year old girl in Monroe on Sunday evening at 6:30. The parallels to Nevaeh are shocking. Age. Day. Time. The fact that it was a holiday weekend. Apparently a man in his 50's with short brown hair, goatee wearing dark pants and a white button down shirt grabbed the girl while she was walking with her mom!  They screamed, the little girl got away, and the guy ran. But they got a great description. I can't post media links right now because I'm on my mobile device, but if you google "monroe attempted abduction" you'll find it.

This is obviously a very dangerous person. Very very very bold attempt. This guy is desperate. My gut tells me there's a connection here.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1244 on: September 09, 2009, 08:51:32 AM »

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=11096496

Attempted abduction has Monroe County parents on edge
Posted: Sep 09, 2009 4:25 AM Updated: Sep 09, 2009 4:28 AM

MONROE COUNTY (WTOL) - Another attempted abduction reported in Monroe County has parents on edge.

It happened Sunday evening around 6:30 near West Elm and Godfroy avenues.

According to the Monroe Evening News, a man approached a young girl, grabbed her by the arm and said "come here." The girl screamed and ran back to her mother.

The suspect was seen running toward St. Mary's Park.

The suspect described as an older man, wearing a white shirt and dark pants.

He had short, dark hair and a gray goatee.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/20800470/detail.html

Attempted Abduction Reported In Monroe
Mom Says Daughter's Arm Was Grabbed By Strange Man

POSTED: Tuesday, September 8, 2009
UPDATED: 8:26 pm EDT September 8, 2009
MONROE, Mich. -- An attempted abduction is being investigated in Monroe after a mother reported to police that her daughter’s arm was grabbed while they walked in an area park.
Police said the 4-year-old’s mother told them they were walking early Sunday evening in St. Mary’s Park when a white man in his 50s grabbed the girl’s arm and said, “Come here.”

Police said the girl and her mother started screaming and the man ran off over a bridge and into downtown Monroe.

The man is described as having short brown hair, a goatee and was last seen wearing a white button down shirt with dark pants.

“It’s normally very quiet, it’s very child-friendly. It’s a good atmosphere to bring your child to. It’s a good park,” said parent Angela Harrison.

Parents in the area said the report of the stranger brings back memories of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan.

Buchanan was allegedly kidnapped from outside her Monroe home in May. Her body was found a short time later in a shallow grave along the River Raisin. No one has been charged in her death.

“You take things for granted and don’t realize that there are predators out there that can do terrible things to your kids,” said parent Matt Cavins.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1245 on: September 09, 2009, 09:09:05 AM »

Thanks MuffyBee.  This has me very, very concerned.  This was a very bold attempt by someone who is desperate for a "fix."  He is going to try again.  I just pray the parents of Monroe and the surrounding area are paying attention.  I can't take another one of these.     

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1246 on: September 09, 2009, 10:13:59 AM »

There was an attempted abduction of a 4 year old girl in Monroe on Sunday evening at 6:30. The parallels to Nevaeh are shocking. Age. Day. Time. The fact that it was a holiday weekend. Apparently a man in his 50's with short brown hair, goatee wearing dark pants and a white button down shirt grabbed the girl while she was walking with her mom!  They screamed, the little girl got away, and the guy ran. But they got a great description. I can't post media links right now because I'm on my mobile device, but if you google "monroe attempted abduction" you'll find it.

This is obviously a very dangerous person. Very very very bold attempt. This guy is desperate. My gut tells me there's a connection here.

now this guy WAS bold!  this is very frightening!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1247 on: September 09, 2009, 03:03:38 PM »

I'm not taking full credit for this being published, but you don't know what I had to go through to convince Monroe News to post this as a Top News story on Page 1.  Most Monroe residents were not even aware of this as the local media coverage was SCANT.  If you want the low down, go here: 

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15210.0

Maybe I had nothing to do with it and it coincidentally now appears as top news.  Frankly, I don't care as I'm not in this for pats on the back.  I'm just happy someone at Monroe News finally came to their senses.

Girl’s attempted abduction draws police attention
September 9, 2009

Detectives investigating the abduction and murder of Nevaeh Buchanan plan to look into a report involving a man who reportedly grabbed a girl at St. Mary’s Park in Monroe this weekend.

Investigators said there is nothing that indicates the incident is related to the Nevaeh case, but detectives said all suspicious activity is being scrutinized.

"It sparks curiosity," said Monroe County Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Heath Velliquette. "It is suspicious."

Monroe police reported a girl was approached by a man who grabbed her by the arm and said "come here." Reports said the girl screamed and ran back to her mother, who was nearby.

The incident happened about 6:30 p.m. Sunday near W. Elm and Godfroy Aves. The man was last seen running toward St. Mary’s Park and across the Martin Luther King Bridge. He was described as an older man wearing a white shirt and dark pants. He had short, dark hair and a gray goatee.

Sgt. Velliquette said detectives will be looking to see if there is any possible link to the death of Nevaeh, who was abducted in May and whose body was later found in a shallow grave along the River Raisin.

"It needs to be looked into further," Sgt. Velliquette said. "But we don’t have all the information. It is our intent to delve further into it."

http://monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090909/NEWS01/709099984/-1/NEWS

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1248 on: September 09, 2009, 04:39:02 PM »

Attempted abduction in Monroe
Wednesday, September 09, 2009

A man grabbed the little girl's arm while walking ahead of her mom at St. Mary's park.

An attempted abduction in Monroe has some parents on high alert. It happened Sunday evening near St. Mary's park.
Andrea Boyd walks her two little ones through St. Mary's park all the time. That's why the news of an attempted abduction has her on edge. "With having a little one like this and especially with the Nevaeh case going on it was quite scary to know that someone is still out there and around here all the time doing that, says Boyd.
Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, was kidnapped back in May. Her body was later found in a shallow grave along the River Raisin. No one has been arrested in connection with her death.

Monroe police say a woman filed a report Monday evening saying the evening before she was walking with her daughter and a friend near Elm Street and Godfrey. The young girl was walking ahead of the two adults. The woman told police that the man approached her daughter, grabbed her by the arm, and said come here. The little girl didn't, and she started screaming and ran back towards her mother.

Police say if you find yourself in a similar situation, don't wait to report it. "You can't even respond to the same area and say gee, I hope I got this same subject still in the park 10 minutes after it happened, 25 hours," says Lt. Charles Abel.

Police are still investigating and need your help locating this would-be abductor before he's successful. The woman told police the man was white, between the ages of 40 and 60. He was wearing a white button up shirt. He had dark hair and a gray goatee. If you have any information, call Monroe police at 734-243-7500.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7006470

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1249 on: September 09, 2009, 08:24:57 PM »

hopefully this will be a break in Nevaeh's case an angelic monkey

and not some other random monster

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1250 on: September 10, 2009, 08:22:35 AM »

I just need to vent for a second.  I'm starting to get really frustrated.  I was PROMISED that I'd have the final reward poster from Law Enforcement on TUESDAY.  Here it is Thursday, and NOTHING.  I don't know what else I can do.  I've put countless hours into this case.  Pledged resources.  Fought to have stories run in the media.  And the impression I get back is they just don't care.  I am so angry right now.  I was told all levels of the investigation team approved it--from the FBI to the State Police to the Monroe PD.  So what the he!! is the hold up?  Send the darn thing to me so I can get it printed and distributed!  And so that we can have our banners made.  We received the green light from the department of highways to post the reward poster in banner format on areas along the highway.  So come on, law enforcement--WE'RE HANDING YOU A GIFT!  YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR ANYTHING!  YOU DON'T HAVE TO EVEN SPEND A SECOND OF YOUR TIME!  SO WHAT'S THE HOLDUP?

Good God, we're doing what we can as concerned citizens to try to win Justice for this little girl.  Can't someone care for the 30 seconds it would take to send me the approval?

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1251 on: September 10, 2009, 10:37:33 AM »

If you get a second, please light a candle for Nevaeh.  We cannot forget her.  Thanks.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=nab

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1252 on: September 10, 2009, 10:54:01 AM »

I just need to vent for a second.  I'm starting to get really frustrated.  I was PROMISED that I'd have the final reward poster from Law Enforcement on TUESDAY.  Here it is Thursday, and NOTHING.  I don't know what else I can do.  I've put countless hours into this case.  Pledged resources.  Fought to have stories run in the media.  And the impression I get back is they just don't care.  I am so angry right now.  I was told all levels of the investigation team approved it--from the FBI to the State Police to the Monroe PD.  So what the he!! is the hold up?  Send the darn thing to me so I can get it printed and distributed!  And so that we can have our banners made.  We received the green light from the department of highways to post the reward poster in banner format on areas along the highway.  So come on, law enforcement--WE'RE HANDING YOU A GIFT!  YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR ANYTHING!  YOU DON'T HAVE TO EVEN SPEND A SECOND OF YOUR TIME!  SO WHAT'S THE HOLDUP?

Good God, we're doing what we can as concerned citizens to try to win Justice for this little girl.  Can't someone care for the 30 seconds it would take to send me the approval?

I want to thank-you for all the time and sacrifice you have put into this case, and others as well, I read all your posts on whatever forum we are both on, and I appreciate you very much. I'm just going to come out and say it, this case just like with Lindsey and countless others, there is no money with these families, there is no theatrics, so because of that there is hardly any attention. It is almost like, let's just sweep this under the rug, and he!! if we get some info we will check it out, very frustrating. And at the same time the LE has so much to do with other crimes, and it just seems that some of these kids are forgotten, I pray they are not.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1253 on: September 10, 2009, 11:32:17 AM »

I want to thank-you for all the time and sacrifice you have put into this case, and others as well, I read all your posts on whatever forum we are both on, and I appreciate you very much. I'm just going to come out and say it, this case just like with Lindsey and countless others, there is no money with these families, there is no theatrics, so because of that there is hardly any attention. It is almost like, let's just sweep this under the rug, and he!! if we get some info we will check it out, very frustrating. And at the same time the LE has so much to do with other crimes, and it just seems that some of these kids are forgotten, I pray they are not.

yeah Jess...what Rosie said! xxxx

also, vent with us anytime...we have strong shoulders!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1254 on: September 10, 2009, 11:57:46 AM »

yeah Jess...what Rosie said! xxxx

also, vent with us anytime...we have strong shoulders!

Thank you.  I'm just at a loss.  Sad    Frustration beyond compare.  It's difficult not to become frustrated when you can't even get people to take what you're willing to give.  But my frustration doesn't mean I'm going to give up.  I intend to be persistent.  I intend to see this through.  Frustration empowers me.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1255 on: September 10, 2009, 12:00:04 PM »

JessStar  an angelic monkey
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1256 on: September 10, 2009, 12:15:02 PM »

Jess...can you go through Crimestoppers or someone else for help with this matter?

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1257 on: September 10, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »

Jess...can you go through Crimestoppers or someone else for help with this matter?

OMG, if you only knew what I've gone through with CrimeStoppers.  They poked their 2 cents in early on.  They were one of the biggest reasons for the initial delay in trying to get the reward poster approved.  I was *this close* (use your imagination-my fingers are about a hair apart) to getting the green light when they popped in and wanted to do their own version.  Law Enforcement didn't want multiple versions being circulated.  So I offered to coordinate things with CrimeStoppers.  I was working directly with a CrimeStoppers person from Michigan.  Interesting thing is, they sought ME out because they heard I was putting together a reward poster and distribution campaign.  I offered to help, to let them take the laboring oar if they wanted, or I would take the laboring oar.  It didn't and doesn't matter to me and I don't care--I'm not in this to get a gold star on my head--I just wanted the posters out there for Nevaeh.  But they've been about as responsive as a block of wood.  So they popped their heads in, acted interested, muddled everything up, dropped their ball, and then left the party. 

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1258 on: September 10, 2009, 08:23:08 PM »

According to the detective of the monroe pd, the attempted abduction was investigated, is not related to Nevaeh and was not an attempted abduction at all.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1259 on: September 10, 2009, 09:36:34 PM »

OMG, if you only knew what I've gone through with CrimeStoppers.  They poked their 2 cents in early on.  They were one of the biggest reasons for the initial delay in trying to get the reward poster approved.  I was *this close* (use your imagination-my fingers are about a hair apart) to getting the green light when they popped in and wanted to do their own version.  Law Enforcement didn't want multiple versions being circulated.  So I offered to coordinate things with CrimeStoppers.  I was working directly with a CrimeStoppers person from Michigan.  Interesting thing is, they sought ME out because they heard I was putting together a reward poster and distribution campaign.  I offered to help, to let them take the laboring oar if they wanted, or I would take the laboring oar.  It didn't and doesn't matter to me and I don't care--I'm not in this to get a gold star on my head--I just wanted the posters out there for Nevaeh.  But they've been about as responsive as a block of wood.  So they popped their heads in, acted interested, muddled everything up, dropped their ball, and then left the party. 

hmmpphhhh..I will think twice then before donating to Crimestoppers again! that is pathetic that you are getting so much opposition or apathy for trying to do the right thing for Nevaeh! unreal!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.