April 19, 2024, 06:23:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 463415 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1300 on: October 13, 2009, 10:11:10 PM »

I sincerely appreciate the offers.  We are in the process of setting up an "official" group and, once that is done, I will let you all know where you can send your donations.  Thanks a gazillion, we really really appreciate it.  We have a lot of good things coming up.  This past weekend, we had a Child ID program for the kids in which we gave out little bags of candy and trinkets for the kids and Reward Posters for those in attendance.  It was pretty well received.  We are planning to have another one before the end of the year.  We are planning a Justice for Nevaeh public event for this weekend in Monroe and are several hundred people to attend.  The reward poster distribution campaign is ongoing, and will be ongoing for several months.  I am working with some very very dedicated people in Monroe and the surrounding area.  We couldn't do this without them.  The are top notch, "A" team players.

Cookie, while I'd love to comment in detail on your post, unfortunately I cannot.  About the most I can say is that I strongly believe there are one or two pieces of the puzzle still missing.  And while it will take some time to find them, they will be found.

Thanks to all of you that are keeping Nevaeh in your prayers.  My heart continues to ache for this Little Angel. 

God Bless You.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1301 on: October 13, 2009, 10:50:05 PM »

an angelic monkey  Thank you for all you are doing JessStar.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1302 on: October 15, 2009, 05:23:24 PM »

I sincerely appreciate the offers.  We are in the process of setting up an "official" group and, once that is done, I will let you all know where you can send your donations.  Thanks a gazillion, we really really appreciate it.  We have a lot of good things coming up.  This past weekend, we had a Child ID program for the kids in which we gave out little bags of candy and trinkets for the kids and Reward Posters for those in attendance.  It was pretty well received.  We are planning to have another one before the end of the year.  We are planning a Justice for Nevaeh public event for this weekend in Monroe and are several hundred people to attend.  The reward poster distribution campaign is ongoing, and will be ongoing for several months.  I am working with some very very dedicated people in Monroe and the surrounding area.  We couldn't do this without them.  The are top notch, "A" team players.

Cookie, while I'd love to comment in detail on your post, unfortunately I cannot.  About the most I can say is that I strongly believe there are one or two pieces of the puzzle still missing.  And while it will take some time to find them, they will be found.

Thanks to all of you that are keeping Nevaeh in your prayers.  My heart continues to ache for this Little Angel. 

God Bless You.

For those that are interested (see the red print above), Monroe is requiring that we obtain a permit for this.  So we're being delayed a few weeks while we do that.  Sad  But the event will eventually go forward.

Thanks, and God Bless Nevaeh.

an angelic monkey

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1303 on: October 15, 2009, 10:15:56 PM »

thanks Jess! you are very dedicated for Nevaeh...bless you for that!

also, o/t  has Pink Angel been around lately? If she has, I have missed her posts, and if she hasn't, well then I really miss her posts and her!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1304 on: October 15, 2009, 11:28:15 PM »

also, o/t  has Pink Angel been around lately? If she has, I have missed her posts, and if she hasn't, well then I really miss her posts and her!

Yes, I agree Jess is very dedicated for Nevaeh.   an angelic monkey

OT  I've been missing Pink Angel too.  I hope everything is okay with her and we hear from her soon. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1305 on: October 16, 2009, 04:00:02 PM »

Nevaeh's family waits

They have a clear message for the person who abducted and killed Nevaeh Buchanan:
Give up quietly; you're only making it more difficult for yourself.

That message comes from the Buchanan family's spiritual adviser, from law enforcement officials and from the family members themselves.

The Rev. Dale Hayford, a Buchanan family friend, pleads with the killer to turn himself in.

On the law enforcement side, investigators are a little more direct with a warning: Enjoy freedom while it lasts.

It has been almost five months since the 5-year-old girl was abducted from her N. Macomb St. apartment complex.
The discovery of her body in a shallow grave sparked widespread grieving and anger in a community where hundreds of people covered acres of Monroe County searching for her.

Since then, details on the investigation have been sparse. Police have been tight-lipped. Family members say it is impossible to move forward without knowing who did such a terrible thing to a little girl. And why.

"Us, as a family, really deserve to know something," said Mike Buchanan, Nevaeh's uncle, who had a close relationship with the girl. "But also as a community, we need to know. Something's got to give. Our healing isn't going to progress until we get better information. I need to know every detail."

Months of waiting

Members of Nevaeh's family — her mother, Jennifer; grandmother Sherry and her uncle Mike — sat together this week to discuss the case and how their lives have changed in the past few months.

They want the community to remember Nevaeh and her bright smile. Secondly, there has been growing frustration with the investigation. There has not been an arrest despite a slew of FBI experts who descended on Monroe and camped out in a building on Raisinville Rd. for weeks, tracking down every lead.

"I am disappointed; I thought there would be an arrest by now," Mr. Buchanan said. "I thought for some time this would be done. It's surprising that it's been 4½ months without an arrest."

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield acknowledges that throughout the case he has kept certain information secret. Details known by detectives are not being released, even to family members.

"I deliberately do not disclose the details of the investigation and its current status because I don't want (the perpetrator) to know what we know," the sheriff said. "There is a reason for that. We aren't releasing information because the person is still out there."

But the sheriff said he had a specific message for the person who did it.

"That person has every right to be nervous," Sheriff Crutchfield said. "He has to keep looking over his shoulder. Our interest in resolving this has not diminished in any way.

"One of these days, we will be there."

And the Rev. Hayford, too, has a message for the perpetrator: Turn yourself in to authorities. Otherwise, God will not give forgiveness.

"He's got to come clean before he can get to heaven," the Rev. Hayford said "I pray he turns himself in. He'll never have a clear conscience until he does. He will never have peace. He's got to confess his sins."

Changes in their lives

Since the incident, Mr. Buchanan has gotten married, continues to work up to seven days a week, attends church services regularly and has surrounded himself with role models like the Rev. Hayford.

"After this happened, I've come a long way," he said. "I've met a lot of wonderful people who I call friends. I've learned that it's okay to be upset and angry but violence is not the answer."

He is protective of his sister, who has faced scrutiny and criticism in person and online because of her relationship with a registered sex offender, who remains in jail.

Jennifer Buchanan, who was reserved and cautious during the interview, said she lives with her mother in the Charlotte Arms apartments where the abduction occurred and has been looking for work. She said nothing good has come from the situation.
"It's completely changed my life," she said.

She said she tries to maintain a low profile but some people in the community still blame her.

"People notice me," she said. "They point, they whisper to each other. They can be cruel. I don't let it bother me."

While they all still grieve, Sherry Buchanan, Nevaeh's grandmother, appears to be having the hardest time moving forward. She said she goes to work at a local grocery store every day but she can't take her mind off her granddaughter.

She said she sleeps on an air mattress in the living room so she can be close to Nevaeh's picture. When Canada geese fly overhead, it reminds her of Nevaeh because she loved them. And the purple bicycle with the tags still on it remains in the closet.
"I'm just hanging in there, going to work, trying to keep my mind busy," Sherry Buchanan said. "I'm empty inside."

Frustration, doubt

While the investigation obviously remains open, not much has developed recently, at least officially. The family says that investigators do keep in touch, but it's sporadic.

"They come over and tell us nothing because they have no information," Jennifer Buchanan said.

The complete autopsy results still have not been released. The family knows that Nevaeh died of asphyxiation and possibly was buried alive, but she might have been unconscious at the time.

Jennifer Buchanan said she was told her daughter's body had no signs of trauma or sexual assault. The only substance in her system was caffeine, probably from pop. Forensic results showed she did not have any drug in her system.

Sherry said she hoped to obtain some hair for a locket or to see the striped red, white and blue shirt Nevaeh was last seen wearing. But nothing has been released.

"If I could just see that, I can learn to let her go," Sherry Buchanan said. "Until I can see that shirt, I won't be able to rest."
Not knowing who did this or why continues to haunt the family.

"What was his motive? Why did he do that?" Mr. Buchanan asked. "There are so many things going through my head. It's very confusing to me."

They say they discuss scenarios, but have not been able to figure out who could get away with taking a little girl — who would only approach those she knew — from a crowded parking lot during the Memorial Day weekend.

"I have no clue whatsoever," Mr. Buchanan said. "In my mind, it's somebody I don't know. And that's the scariest part."
He said his 10-year-old stepson struggles with the thought of being abducted. He is having a hard time sleeping and understanding that his fate will not be the same as Nevaeh's.

"I feel so bad for him," Mr. Buchanan said. "It's traumatized him. Nevaeh was like a sister to him."

Small steps forward

Mr. Buchanan married his wife, Kelly, on Sept. 9. He said her support throughout the ordeal showed them they were supposed to be together.

"We knew we were in love," he said. "If we can get through something like this, then it was meant to be."

The family members have moved forward but at their own pace. And until the person responsible for the horrible crime is brought to justice, those close to Nevaeh say they will not be able to find peace.

That's why the Rev. Hayford suggests the perpetrator come forward. He believes the person responsible deep down wants to make things right. He said he is available if the person wants to contact him.

"We need to pray for this person so he can turn himself in," the Rev. Hayford said. "He has got to be found."

In the meantime, the killer remains free while those who cared about Nevaeh wonder how such a thing could happen and who could be responsible.

"Come forward, go to the police department and give me some relief," Sherry Buchanan said, directing her comments to the culprit. "That baby was innocent. She did not deserve that."

http://monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091016/NEWS01/710169986

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1306 on: October 16, 2009, 04:27:48 PM »

Yes, I agree Jess is very dedicated for Nevaeh.   an angelic monkey

OT  I've been missing Pink Angel too.  I hope everything is okay with her and we hear from her soon. 

My heart is shattered.  I can't give up the fight.  We will keep her name in lights until the demon that did this to her pays.  I will do whatever I can to constantly remind this demon that we're only one step behind, and we're closing in.  Sheriff Crutchfield is right--"Your time is limited."

I just can't, and won't, let it go.  This poor little girl.  She's counting on us.  And we won't let her down.  She was let down enough by those closest to her. Shame on them.

I hope the demon reads this forum because I have a message for him/her.  "Bring it on you coward SOB--bring it on!  You had the guts to take the life of an innocent 5 year old little girl, and now you try to hide in the shadows.  Let's see if you have the guts to face us.  You're nothing but a coward. I hope you're enjoying yourself because your days of freedom are numbered, you less than human, not worth crap off a dog's a$$ coward.  Let's see if you have the guts to face the music.  Come out of the shadows and show yourself, you POS.  Remember, we're only one step behind you.  We're the shadow that's following your every move.  That sound you hear in the middle of the night?  It's us.  That person you thought you saw in your mirror?  It's us.  That car that you thought was following you?  Guess what?--it's us.  We're all over the place, Mr./Ms. Short Eyes.  We're the ones standing next to you in line at the grocery store.  We're the ones polititely saying "hi" to you on the street.  You better watch your step though, because we'll be there the next time you stumble.  And then the next person you'll be visiting will have a badge.  You can be sure of it, as God as my witness."

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1307 on: October 20, 2009, 12:56:26 AM »

Jess, I don't post too often here, but I read when I see new postings.
I read the article and this part peaked my curiousity, maybe you can explain what she means if you know?

the grandmother is quoted as saying...."If I could just see that, I can learn to let her go," Sherry Buchanan said. "Until I can see that shirt, I won't be able to rest."Not knowing who did this or why continues to haunt the family.

Why does she have to see the shirt? Also, this statement taken from the article, "She said she sleeps on an air mattress in the living room so she can be close to Nevaeh's picture"  Why doesn't she take the pic into her room? Why does she stay in the living room?

This is terrible, just horrible. I pray she didn't wake up...."The family knows that Nevaeh died of asphyxiation and possibly was buried alive, but she might have been unconscious at the time".
No sexual assult or signs of trauma? No drug in her system? So was this the reason for the concrete? So she couldn't dig her way out? What the hell has gone on in the case, jess this is just sounding very creepy. Thank god this little girl has you
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1308 on: October 20, 2009, 01:04:32 AM »

the sex offender that is friends with Jennifer and now in jail, didn't he have a girl friend? Was she ever given a poly or questioned? She was the one that said he was with her and couldn't have done this right?

ugg sorry but reading that about being buried alive has just angered me beyond belief. Now the quick set concret makes sense. That's why they didn't just put her into the water or left her under a tree...they didn't want her getting out. My god how awful of a death. They need to find this person and fast.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1309 on: October 20, 2009, 08:29:28 AM »

I can't and won't let this one go Tracygirl. This little girl rocked me in big way.  So much in this case doesn't make sense.  I'd love to go into detail, but I've signed a confidentiality agreement so I cannot.  If anything, though, that should show how serious I am about pursuing this until the demon that murdered this poor child is behind bars.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1310 on: October 20, 2009, 08:34:15 AM »

Here's an update on our Group (Justice for Nevaeh) march that I posted about a few days ago.  We found a private location to host it so we don't have to worry about permits and such.  This is the press release we did yesterday:

Halloween Safety Awareness Event in Honor Of Nevaeh Buchanan

This event will be held from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Sunday October 25th, 2009 at Riverside Early Learning Center (formerly Riverside Elementary) 77 N. Roessler Street, Monroe, MI 48162.  We will be carrying signs outside weather permitting, promoting Justice for Nevaeh and Safety Starts at Home. After the march there will be a presentation inside the building by guest speaker
Mrs. Geranlyn Harris, who is from Monroe County Mental Health, she will be addressing child safety issues.

This will be a peaceful assembly and will serve as a reminder to parents that with Halloween coming up they need to make certain that there is a responsible adult with the child(ren) at all times.

There will also be a limited amount of goodie bags for children that will be attending.

We are looking forward to the community coming together to show their support for both causes, Justice for Nevaeh and Child Safety Awareness.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1311 on: October 20, 2009, 09:38:18 AM »

again, thanks Jess and others for all that you do and for the articles on Nevaeh....she SO deserves justice!

I noticed in the article that it said that Nevaeh was not sexually assaulted...thank God that she did not have to suffer through that, but what then would be the reasoning for someone to have done this horrible thing to her?  did she see or know something that someone didn't want her to see??? WTH!  just makes me think that who ever did this knew Nevaeh personally and not a stranger....jmo..

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1312 on: October 24, 2009, 09:33:22 PM »

This program is actually ours--sponsored by Justice for Nevaeh:

Halloween program to honor Nevaeh

The public is invited to an event Sunday that has been organized to promote safety during Halloween.
Held at the Riverside Early Learning Center at W. Elm Ave. and N. Roessler St., the event will be begin at 1 p.m. and is expected to last about two hours.
Organizers will be carrying signs outside, weather permitting, to promote safety and justice for Nevaeh Buchanan, who was kidnapped and killed this summer. Nevaeh was a student at the Early Learning Center.
Officials from Monroe County Mental Health will present "Safety Starts at Home." The assembly is expected to serve as a reminder to parents that, with Halloween coming, they need to make certain there is a responsible adult with trick-or-treating children at all times.
A limited number of goodie bags for attending children will be available.

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091023/NEWS01/710239994/-1/NEWS

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1313 on: October 24, 2009, 09:37:57 PM »

This is ours too--we're getting some great press (although the teachers in this article are trying to take the credit!)  My group, Justice for Nevaeh, organized this entire program.  Karen was kind enough to allow us to hold it at the Riverside Learning Center, Nevaeh's school. 

Safety vigil planned for Nevaeh
Teachers remember Nevaeh Buchanan

Updated: Friday, 23 Oct 2009, 11:27 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 23 Oct 2009, 10:27 PM EDT

* Heather Miller
    * FOX Toledo News reporter

MONROE, Mich - Teachers hope to honor the memory of a little girl missing from their classroom this year. A special vigil is planned for Sunday at Riverside Learning Center in Monroe, Mich., to honor Nevaeh Buchanan.
Five-year-old Nevaeh was abducted from the parking lot of her Monroe apartment complex in May. Her body was discovered two weeks later. She was buried under concrete along the River Raisin, just seven miles from her home. Now her teachers hope to prevent other children from suffering the same fate.

"The person that did this to Nevaeh is still out there and hasn't been caught yet. And that's something that put such a fear in the minds of parents in this city," said Karen Herkimer, Riverside Learning Center’s administrator.

Herkimer and other at the school say the vigil will offer more than prayers. Experts will be on hand to provide safety tips to parents to prevent any other children from falling victim. She says that is especially important this close to Halloween.

"It s a fun time and children are going up to strangers houses and we're saying that's okay. Its got to be a bit con fusing for children. Parents need to be going with their kids when they are going trick-or-treating,” said Herkimer. ”It is a fun time of year but yet we have to be cautious at the same time."
The vigil for Nevaeh is on Sunday from 1-3 p.m. at Riverside School. The public in encouraged to attend.

Meanwhile, a $20,000 reward is now being offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction of Nevaeh's murderer. Monroe County detectives say they are working the case every day with help from the FBI but they have not received any new information in quite some time. Anyone who thinks they may have information is asked to call the task force at (734) 457-6713.

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Safety_vigil_planned_Oct23_2009_HM

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1314 on: October 24, 2009, 09:48:36 PM »

I would like to get the word out early that we are also planning a Kids Christmas Extravaganza in Honor of Neveah.  We're finalizing details on the location and such.  We'll be offering (free, I think) Child ID, Santa will be there, it's really going to be a great event.  Nevaeh will be very proud.

an angelic monkey

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1315 on: October 24, 2009, 09:53:19 PM »

I should also note that our Park Bench has arrived and was installed about a week or so ago.  We're still waiting for the plaque. Here's a pic of it, without the plaque of course.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1316 on: October 24, 2009, 09:55:44 PM »

Sorry, that was a little big.  Here's a smaller version:

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1317 on: October 24, 2009, 11:06:43 PM »

May God Bless this Little Angel.  She is in my Heart forever and ever.

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1318 on: October 26, 2009, 06:47:16 AM »

Event Honors Nevaeh Buchanan
Event Includes Safety Presentation For Parents

POSTED: Sunday, October 25, 2009
UPDATED: 7:05 pm EDT October 25, 2009
MONROE, Mich. -- Family and friends of a slain 5-year-old from Monroe organized a Halloween event Sunday to demand what they call justice for Nevaeh Buchanan.

Protesters marched at Riverside Early Learning Center in Monroe with signs and pictures of Buchanan, who vanished Memorial Day weekend.

“Whoever did this to my little girl should turn himself in. We’re still hurting very very much," said Buchanan's father, Shane Hinojosa. "Just turn yourself in. That would be the best bet you can do."

The event organizers also held a child safety presentation for parents. With Halloween coming up, organizers reminded parents to keep a close eye on their children.

“Watch not only your kids but watch other people’s kids. If you see something that don’t look right say something,” said Deanna Homan, one of the event’s organizers.

Buchanan was last seen at a playground outside her apartment complex in Monroe. Her body was found days later in a shallow grave along the River Raisin.

Police have no suspects in her murder.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21421063/detail.html

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1319 on: October 26, 2009, 09:24:59 AM »

Thanks BooMonkey!  Our event garnered tremendous media attention. We are very pleased. We have many more things planned. This week we will be placing signs throughout the community. I'll post a picture of the signs as soon as I can. They will promote justice for Nevaeh and serve as a reminder to the community that Nevaeh's killer may still be out there, and that we will not relent until he/she is behind bars.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.