April 24, 2024, 03:36:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 464811 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1400 on: April 21, 2010, 10:26:18 AM »

Thank you JessStar.    Justice for Nevaeh     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1401 on: April 21, 2010, 12:11:47 PM »

I keep waiting for news that charges have been filed.  This little angel deserves justice.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1402 on: April 21, 2010, 02:12:01 PM »

I keep waiting for news that charges have been filed.  This little angel deserves justice.

Yes she does, KittyMom.  Justice is coming. 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1403 on: April 22, 2010, 07:02:14 AM »

Yes she does, KittyMom.  Justice is coming. 

I hope that you are right that Justice is coming...she so deserves it...
can not figure out what is taking so long!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1404 on: April 24, 2010, 08:38:05 AM »

Heather Miller of FoxToledo News is just a phenomenal person.  My Group, Justice for Nevaeh, sends  its sincerest appreciation and thanks for her newscast last evening promoting our Reward Poster Campaign.  The campaign will take place on Monday, and we've received tremendous support. Take a look at the video of the newcast if you get a moment.

WUPW  —  April 23, 2010  — A renewed effort is underway to help catch whoever killed 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan in May 2009 in Monroe, Mich.

Posters will soon be going up all over the city. The group "Justice for Neveah" will hold what they are calling a poster campaign next week.

Members are hoping to renew interest in the case and help heal a community who wants to see this little girl's killer caught.

The reward poster campaign will be this coming Monday 6-9 p.m. at the Moose Lodge Family Center on Macomb Street. A prayer service will conclude the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V56qe4cIqR8

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Justice for Nevaeh will not stop until this case is solved.

Peace and Love to You Nevaeh.  You are Our Little Angel.       an angelic monkey

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1405 on: April 24, 2010, 04:00:47 PM »

JessStar..Ty for all the work you do in helping bring this case closer to finding the person (s) that did this to sweet little Nevaeh.  I feel for her Grandmom.  The rest of the family..not so much.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1406 on: April 24, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »

Nevaeh reward poster campaign
Search continues for Neveah's killer

Updated: Friday, 23 Apr 2010, 10:25 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 23 Apr 2010, 10:25 PM EDT

* Heather Miller
    * FOX Toledo News reporter

MONROE, Mich. (WUPW) - A renewed effort is underway to help catch whoever killed 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan in May 2009 in Monroe, Mich.

Posters will soon be going up all over the city. The group "Justice for Nevaeh" will hold what they are calling a poster campaign next week (download the poster).

Members are hoping to renew interest in the case and help heal a community who wants to see this little girl's killer caught.

The reward poster campaign will be this coming Monday 6-9 p.m. at the Moose Lodge Family Center on Macomb Street. A prayer service will conclude the event.

Reverend Dale Hayford of Cross Walk Community Church was searching an area behind an abandoned warehouse when he got word that the body of Nevaeh had been found.

She was covered in quickcrete, buried alive, and left at the bank of the River Raisin in Raisinville Township.

"I was searching by myself that day about 4 o'clock, 5 o'clock, and the phone call came across that they had found a body on the River Raisin," Rev. Hayford said.

The clergyman and hundreds of others began their searching soon after Nevaeh disappeared from the parking lot of her apartment complex Memorial Day Weekend in 2009.

More than 3,500 searches were performed all over Monroe County and into Lucas County near Toledo.

"Every area had been searched three to five times," Rev. Hayford said. "It was quite an effort and everybody in this community come together."

He said that what makes that fact that no suspect has been named so hard. They hope to begin to find closure by keeping her case fresh in everyone's mind.

'The community is still hurting," he said. "They want an answer. They want to find out what has happened. They are in pain and the community is still grieving over this."

Two rewards are being offered for the arrest of Nevaeh's killer. There is a $1,000 reward from Crimestoppers of Michigan and $20,000 reward from the FBI.

"We're hoping this person will turn himself in," Rev. Hayford said. "In order to find peace in their heart they are going to have to do that."

If you think you know anything at all about the abduction and murder of Nevaeh Buchanan you asked to call the Nevaeh Task Force at 734-457-6713.

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Nevaeh-reward-poster-campaign

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1407 on: April 26, 2010, 08:14:43 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:59:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1408 on: April 26, 2010, 04:44:59 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

Thanks for posting this Nutt -- lots of prayers for the campaign.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:59:43 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1409 on: April 26, 2010, 11:54:01 PM »

What an absolutely phenomenal event we had tonight.  It was incredible.  We had just about every media outlet there.  Turnout was unbelievable. We handed out thousands of Reward Posters.  The community showed great support and resolve for Nevaeh. Publicly, I want to thank everyone that made this a partial success-it will be a total success if it leads to the tip or tips that bring it all together.  A special shout out goes out to RT, whose incredible dedication, energy and persistence makes this all possible.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1410 on: April 27, 2010, 12:03:08 AM »

Search continues for Nevaeh Buchanan's killer
Monday, April 26, 2010

On May 24 of last year, five-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan vanished from the Charlotte Arms apartment complex.

Eleven days later her body was found encased in cement along the banks of the River Raisin.

In the days following, persons of interest began to surface, but no one was ever charged with the crime. Despite the passage of time, many in Monroe are hopeful including members of Nevaeh's family who say they have confidence in the sheriff's office and they believe investigators know more than they are letting on.

Nevaeh's grandmother Sherry Buchanan tells us she is in constant contact with detectives . She says there isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't think about her granddaughter Nevaeh and the search for her killer. "I just want this person to come forward, whoever did this. I don't have any more anger than what I had on day one."

Sherry Buchanan says, "I think they have evidence they just aren't sharing right now." Investigators refuse to speak with the media on camera. In fact, our last interview with the sheriff was back on June 24.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7407148

There's a great segment on our group, Justice for Nevaeh, on the video on this site.  I'm very proud of it. 

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1411 on: April 27, 2010, 12:08:53 AM »

Justice For Nevaeh

FBI Offering $20,000 Reward, Group Circulating New Flyers, Grandmother still suspicious

POSTED: Monday, April 26, 2010
UPDATED: 11:54 pm EDT April 26, 2010
MONROE, Mich. -- Residents of the Monroe area haven't given up their search for justice for a girl who died nearly a year ago.

Watch: Nevaeh Case Reward $20,000

The FBI is offering a $20,000 reward, and Crime Stoppers of Michigan is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever was responsible for Nevaeh Buchanan's death.

Reward posters for businesses and fliers for individuals were distributed from Monday night at the Monroe Moose Family Center 884.

The distribution event was also part of a prayer service and vigil in memory of the murdered 5-year-old.

Nevaeh's grandmother Sherry Buchanan attended the vigil and is still suspicious about entire ordeal.

Amid prayers and the well wishes of others, Sherry told Local 4 that her daughter, Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan is no longer being looked at by police.

“They have talked to me many times and they have told me that they have cleared her" Buchanan said.

But she has some suspicions on the involvement of others.

Her gut tells her that George Kennedy, her daughter’s boyfriend at the time, was probably involved.

“In my heart, George treated that baby like it was his own kid…and I still feel to this day that he had something to do with it" Buchanan said.

Kennedy to this day remains locked up, not because of Nevaeh’s abduction and murder, but because of a parole violation.

Nevaeh’s mother Jennifer Buchanan attended the vigil, but didn’t want to talk.

Friends, family, and complete strangers gathered for a prayer to remember her memory, and to hopefully never forget.

Nevaeh was 5 when she disappeared May 24, 2009, from an apartment complex in Monroe, about 35 miles south of Detroit. Her body was found 10 days later along the nearby River Raisin.

An autopsy found she suffocated after inhaling dirt. No one has been arrested.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/23263085/detail.html

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1412 on: April 27, 2010, 12:12:19 AM »

Another great video:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/23263085/detail.html#video

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1413 on: April 27, 2010, 08:29:10 AM »

I admire you JessStar...

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1414 on: April 27, 2010, 02:08:22 PM »

Looking for justice
by Ray Kisonas , last modified April 27. 2010 11:02AM

buy this photo | enlarge | view our galleries

— Evening News photos by KIM BRENT Sherry Buchanan (far left) stands among a crowd of family and friends, including Lorie Rudd of Monroe (back center) and daughter-in-law Kelly Buchanan (far right) during a prayer vigil held in honor of Nevaeh Buchanan Monday night. Several area pastors, family, friends and community members attended the event, which was organized by the group Justice for Nevaeh, whose aim is to continue the push to bring those responsible for her kidnapping and murder to justice. Spread The News

Ray Kisonas "/> It was almost a year ago when Dion Elmore helped coordinate a search involving hundreds of volunteers who walked roads and fields searching for any sign of Nevaeh Buchanan.

On Monday night Mr. Elmore, a Monroe resident, clutched his 2-year-old daughter, Alexis, as he joined other supporters at the Monroe Moose Family Center on N. Macomb St. to distribute posters.

“I couldn’t imagine if something like that would ever happen to (Alexis),” Mr. Elmore said. “Nevaeh was so precious and so innocent. It’s a shame.”

Supporters gathered at the lodge, which is just down the street from the apartment complex where the 5-year-old girl was abducted Memorial Day weekend. Nevaeh disappeared May 24 from her Charlotte Arms apartment and her body was found June 4 by fishermen along the River Raisin. Her body was left in a crude grave covered by concrete off Dixon Rd. Officials said she died of asphyxiation, possibly was buried alive. No arrest has been made.

Risa Thompson, a relative of the little girl, organized Monday’s rally, which included poster giveaways, songs and prayer. Ms. Thompson said 5,000 fliers have been printed along with 20 large posters that are to be distributed throughout the area.

Several months ago, about 2,500 fliers were distributed and Ms. Thompson said many of those she encountered thought an arrested was made. That’s why another round of distribution was necessary, she said.

“This gets awareness out there,” Ms. Thompson said. “It was unbelievable the amount of people who thought the case was solved. They had no clue.”

Attending Monday’s rally were several Buchanan family members, including the girl’s grandmother, Sherry; her uncle, Mike, and her mother, Jennifer, who declined to comment.

In the months that have passed, Sherry Buchanan continues to work at a grocery store and has moved from Charlotte Arms. Jennifer Buchanan is staying with a friend. Mr. Buchanan got married and works many hours. Life continues, they said, but Ms. Buchanan said she thinks about her granddaughter every day.

“I feel like I’m in a time-zone, like a standstill,” she said. “I just keep going day by day. It’s been hard.”

Mr. Buchanan said he tries to keep life as normal as possible. But he always has his niece and the events surrounding her tragic death on his mind.

“I can’t seem to get it out of my head,” he said. “No matter what, she’s there.”

Family and supporters are hoping the situation will be resolved but nothing new has developed. They hope rallies and the thousands of posters will keep Nevaeh’s name alive and that someone will come forward with new information about a suspect.

“I want to keep her name out there,” said Joann Combs, grandmother of Nevaeh’s father, Shane Hinojosa. “I’d like the killer to walk in and say ‘I’m the one who did it.’ ”

The Rev. Dale Hayford, a Buchanan family friend, said it is vital to keep the case in front of the public, even though it’s been almost a year without any new reported developments. And keeping her face in the community is an important step.

“We need to put this back into the public to shake our memories,” said the Rev. Hayford, pastor of Crosswalk Community Church. “The community is still hurting and still bewildered by this. We need to pray for God to help in this situation because it needs to be solved before it happens again.”

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100427/NEWS01/704279979

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1415 on: April 27, 2010, 02:13:47 PM »

I admire you JessStar...

Thank you cookie.  I'm not looking for a gold star. I'm just looking for Justice.  I can't let this one go. I think about this Little Angel every single day.  I don't know why she's hit me so hard.  I've stopped trying to figure that out.  Instead, I focus my energy on keeping Her name alive, having events and dedications in Her Honor, and finding the dirty rotten SOB that took her precious life. 

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1416 on: April 27, 2010, 02:51:55 PM »

The media really devoted a lot of time to reporting on our event.  Thanks a million to everyone who participated.  Here's a sampling of the articles, all in once place!

WTVG -  http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7407148

Looking for Justice
Monroe News - http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100427/NEWS01/704279979/-1/NEWS

Remembering Nevaeh
Toledo Blade - http://toledoblade.com/article/20100427/NEWS16/100429723

Posters Ask for Information on Nevaeh's Death
Detroit Free Press - http://www.freep.com/article/20100425/NEWS01/100425034/1322/Posters-ask-for-information-on-Nevaehs-death

Nevaeh Reward Poster Campaign
WUPW - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V56qe4cIqR8

$20K reward for tips in Nevaeh Buchanan's death
Toledo On the Move (Channel 24) - http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=448468

Justice for Nevaeh
Click On Detroit - http://www.clickondetroit.com/community/23263085/detail.html

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1417 on: April 27, 2010, 06:24:44 PM »

The media really devoted a lot of time to reporting on our event.  Thanks a million to everyone who participated.  Here's a sampling of the articles, all in once place!

WTVG -  http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7407148

Looking for Justice
Monroe News - http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100427/NEWS01/704279979/-1/NEWS

Remembering Nevaeh
Toledo Blade - http://toledoblade.com/article/20100427/NEWS16/100429723

Posters Ask for Information on Nevaeh's Death
Detroit Free Press - http://www.freep.com/article/20100425/NEWS01/100425034/1322/Posters-ask-for-information-on-Nevaehs-death

Nevaeh Reward Poster Campaign
WUPW - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V56qe4cIqR8

$20K reward for tips in Nevaeh Buchanan's death
Toledo On the Move (Channel 24) - http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=448468

Justice for Nevaeh
Click On Detroit - http://www.clickondetroit.com/community/23263085/detail.html

JessStar -- how my heart sings with gladness that Nevaeh is not forgotten by those who can keep her name out there!  What a good mission you and your group are on!  Continued prayers for the day when it will be revealed who the POS is and is found and tried and found guilty, etc.  Justice will prevail!!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1418 on: April 27, 2010, 06:43:03 PM »

You may not be looking for a gold star Jess..but you get one from me anyways!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1419 on: May 07, 2010, 11:50:33 PM »

Thanks leroy!  That's a great idea!

I'd like to give everyone an update if I could. We are still working very hard on our Justice for Nevaeh project. I can assure you that this case is still very much alive and far from cold. I can't say much dye to confidentiality concerns but things are progressing nicely.

On the media front, we are planning several upcoming public events. First we are planning a large public event for the one year anniversary. I don't want to call it a celebration because it's far from something worth celebrating, but it will be in Nevaeh's honor. We will also be dedicating a brass plaque to place on our park bench that now sits at Nevaeh's preschool. Finally, we are planning a new publicity blitz that will focus principally on our reward posters. There are several other things in the work as well. I'll tell you more about them as they get closer.

I'd like to take this opportunity to send a very special thank you out to the Monroe Masons who have graciously offered their assistance with just about every past, present and future event.

Thanks everyone. Have a good day. 

Hello fellow Monkeys!  I hope all is well with you all!  I just wanted to give you all an update on the efforts of Justice for Nevaeh.  First, we just signed a contract with Lake Erie Transit to run our Reward Poster on the transit buses.  The posters will run on the outside and inside of the buses for a minimum of 3 months and will cover a VERY wide area.  We've already distributed over 10,000 reward posters and saw this as the next most logical step in getting the word out to the maximum number of people possible.

Second, we are also planning a Justice for Nevaeh Children's Extravaganza for May 22, 2010 to mark the One Year point.  It will be a carnival type event and very kid-centric.  We're gonna have carnival-type things there, food, guest speakers--a whole bunch of things. With the Grace of God, we'll get it all together!  We will be putting out a press release shortly and I'll post it here.

Third, our Nevaeh Buchanan Preschool Scholarship Fund has now reached a point where we are able to start helping at-risk children realize a preschool education.  Importantly, the Nevaeh Buchanan Preschool Scholarship Fund focuses on the needs of the child, as we believe EVERY child should be given every opportunity to excel.  Nevaeh loved preschool--this is a great great way to Honor Her Life.  News of our first Scholarship "winners" will be coming out shortly.

Fourth, our Memorial Plaque for the park bench we installed last year will be done in early June.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  I can't wait until the dedication, after which I will post a picture of it. 

We have even more things on the horizon to Honor the Life of this precious Angel, Nevaeh. In the meantime, I want to give a VERY VERY VERY special thanks to my Partner in all this, RT, without whom NONE of this would possible. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.