March 28, 2024, 08:57:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 462222 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2009, 11:55:19 AM »

In that motel aren't there several SO's? 

i think at least 3.

Evidence Collected At River May Lead To Killer
UPDATED: 8:20 pm EDT June 5, 2009

Investigators returned to the steep river's edge Friday to look for more evidence.

The FBI said some type of cement was found on top of the body, which appeared to be buried in a shallow grave.

"It's a little more sophisticated than just dumping a body," said Andrew Arena, the lead FBI Investigator in the case,.

A key piece of evidence collected at the site is a 90-pound bag of cement.

Only a few stores in the area sell 90-pound bags of cement. The Kuhlman Cement Company, which is located behind the home of the person of interest George Kennedy, sells 90-pound bags of cement.

Also, it appears that the fence outside the cement company was recently cut.

Doug Blause from the Monroe ACE Hardware said investigators asked him Friday if he sold 90-pound bags of cement, but his hardware store sells only 60-pound bags.

Investigators continue to look at surveillance images at other hardware stores in the area.

Investigators said they found a glove near the scene, but they have not said what importance it may have to the case.

The discovery site is about 7 miles from the Charlotte Arms Apartment, where Nevaeh's mother said she was outside playing with a friend when she disappeared.

Investigators are also hoping that the autopsy will give the child's time of death. They can then match calls made and alibis around the time of the child's death.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19662141/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2009, 11:57:21 AM »

Good morning Monks. As you can see by my post count, I don't post often. I do find the beer can in with Naveah a little strange. Would it be possible the mother and one of her pedo friends did this and are using the beer can to point the finger at another person? It would be easy to keep a beer can from a party or whatever. I don't want to blame anyone or take up for a pedo, it just seems a little weird to leave that kind of evidence.
Not only that, but why would you leave behind the empty cement bag, and if I missed it, sorry, did they say where around the remains the bag was found. On WS, someone local was saying that the cement place next to the hotel where George was living, somebody cut the fence. So let's say if it was George, maybe that was some of the blood found in his room, and on that fishing/hunting tool?  And if he is the one to have done this, his or whoever's blood might be on that fence.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2009, 12:00:12 PM »

The beer can should have prints ..not sure about the DNA though.  Suppose it was a beer can the person found in the area and used to mix the cement..for the water.  But still it would have the prints.   Why in the world would you leave the beer can with Neveah if it had yur own DNA on it?  Why didn't they dispose of the beer can somewhere else or just throw it in the lake..makes no sense.

And how do LE know where the beer was bought? Is it like a store brand of beer? As you can see I don't drink beer, just curious how they know what store.

Morning Monkeys! NRCG they got the store info from the barcode on the can But I admit it COULD be a red herring ... Then again whoever did this is not the brightest.
Thanks, didn't think of that    Everything a person buys, can be traced back to a store, that's kind of scarey, but in these crimes a very good thing.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2009, 12:01:53 PM »

Tori's case was awful, just awful how that poor mom was treated. Everyone critized everything she said and did, Such as her not crying.... a lot of lessons need to be learned just by that one case, in my opinion. I agree the media is not doing a good job of reporting this case and the rumor mill in Monroe is not helping matters.

I completely agree it is very disturbing how JB could bring Kennedy around her daughter and allow him to have a relationship with her. What an ingnorant and dangerous thing to do! Drugs have affected this person, to me that is obvious. If GK killed this child then the mom has some explaning to do, even if she wasn't involved. I think however you will find a SO which worked himself into her life to get to the child. manipulative *asterds! I don't think she should have been left to watch this child, not with the suspected drug abuse! But! just as many families in these threads have done, she left her child unattended, (I really wish people would stop doing that!) Think about it, most cases the child was alone or without adult supervision, walking alone, playing alone, playing with other children without an adult, even for a moment... Do we arrest every parent? Do we charge every parent? What is the cut off? Not trying to argue, just making my previous and continuous point of why this subject needs public awareness.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2009, 12:04:29 PM »

I don't think I've posted in this one.
I tried to learn a lesson from the Tori case where the Mum was a suspect and was trashed by everyone. I am not sticking up for the girl's bio Mom, but what I am trying to say is that we are all getting our opinions on this case from the media. The media does get it WRONG sometimes when it comes to FACTS. I've read different times when the girl went missing, different times of the one we suspect's alibi, his GF alibi and just about everything.
Me, I think George should stay in jail forever, his gf should be there too and so should Jennifer. Just for being a RSO, being a gf of an RSO and the stupid thinking of the Bio Mom. An RSO that is the father figure / Why not the devil himself ? 
Jennifer knew of George's history and she still let him around her kiddo. Regardless of who, what, where and the why, that's enough for her to be charged with reckless child endangerment.

Hi Kat, I don't post over here much myself. In this case, though, I think Nevaeh's mom has done it to her own self with her inappropriate comments from the beginning. They were not taken out of context by the media. She started talking about her child in the past tense on day one, and then defending her "friends" instead of pleading for the return of her child.

But you are right, she should at least be in jail for knowingly allowing more than one RSO come in contact with her five yr old child. And the grandmother too, if she knew they were RSO's. I believe she did, as Jennifer's brother stated that he had raised hell with both of them about it.
Yes, and with Tori's case, it was awful how the mom got treated. But, I don't think the mom, I'm sure she had problems, but nothing like this mother, said such inappropriate comments. All so sickening. I just can't lose the feeling, that whoever did this, buried her and poured cement to make like a grave, so he/she could go back to relive what was done to Nevaeh.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2009, 12:06:10 PM »

several of you have posted you believe there were two or three people to dispose of the body, and I dont know how to say this, but wouldnt that be very strange for a SO to have a partner?  Or for any group of people to help dispose a childs body? 

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2009, 12:07:13 PM »

Thank-you Janet for posting that article. Hope all is well with you and your family  an angelic monkey So it is true that the site of the cement place's fence was cut  And they have 90lb bags of cement.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2009, 12:08:23 PM »

DNA tested for match with Nevaeh
ASSOCIATED PRESS • June 6, 2009

MONROE -- Police and the family of a 5-year-old Monroe girl who disappeared nearly two weeks ago await official word that a body found by a river is hers.

The Monroe County Sheriff’s Department said in a release today that DNA from the body has been submitted to the Michigan State Police crime lab for comparison with samples from Nevaeh Buchanan. Results from an autopsy conducted Friday by the Wayne County medical examiner’s office are pending.

Authorities say they suspect the body, found in a shallow grave and covered with cement, is Navaeh’s. It was found with a shirt similar to one she was wearing when she disappeared May 24.

The body was discovered Thursday by a father and son fishing on the River Raisin in Monroe County’s Raisinville Township south of Detroit.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090606/NEWS06/90606014/1008/DNA+from+body+tested+for+match+with+Nevaeh
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2009, 12:10:43 PM »

Tori's case was awful, just awful how that poor mom was treated. Everyone critized everything she said and did, Such as her not crying.... a lot of lessons need to be learned just by that one case, in my opinion. I agree the media is not doing a good job of reporting this case and the rumor mill in Monroe is not helping matters.

I completely agree it is very disturbing how JB could bring Kennedy around her daughter and allow him to have a relationship with her. What an ingnorant and dangerous thing to do! Drugs have affected this person, to me that is obvious. If GK killed this child then the mom has some explaning to do, even if she wasn't involved. I think however you will find a SO which worked himself into her life to get to the child. manipulative *asterds! I don't think she should have been left to watch this child, not with the suspected drug abuse! But! just as many families in these threads have done, she left her child unattended, (I really wish people would stop doing that!) Think about it, most cases the child was alone or without adult supervision, walking alone, playing alone, playing with other children without an adult, even for a moment... Do we arrest every parent? Do we charge every parent? What is the cut off? Not trying to argue, just making my previous and continuous point of why this subject needs public awareness.
I wish I had some answers, I really do. My two daughters are grown, but I do keep watching the kids unattended in my neighborhood. It is a nice neighborhood, I guess because of that a person gets a false sense of security.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »

Pair of fishermen recount their grim find near river Raisin
Concrete covered body; autopsy results awaited

NEWPORT, Mich. - Lowell Kirk believes God took him and his stepson to the remote River Raisin bank where they found the body of a child who could be 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan.

The night before he and Guy Bickley made the gruesome discovery, Mr. Kirk, 72, said he prayed that the little girl would be found.

"I believe this is what He wanted; for us to find her," Mr. Kirk, a former Newport resident who now lives in Cleveland, Tenn., said Friday. "Finding her was in His hands. I just asked that she be found."

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said yesterday that he had "reasonable suspicion" that the body taken from the riverside was Nevaeh - because of similarities in age and gender.

Authorities said concrete covered the body in a shallow grave, but the body was not encased in the substance.

"In my opinion, it is a very sick or disturbed person [who did this]," Sheriff Crutchfield said of the perpetrator.
"We are looking for a person who was able to abduct and murder an innocent 5-year-old," the sheriff said.

An autopsy was scheduled to be performed yesterday at the Wayne County Medical Examiner's office in Detroit. Results have not been released.

Mr. Kirk, a retired auto worker, and Mr. Bickley, 51, a construction laborer, had been fishing for about 2 1/2 hours on the river bank Thursday when Mr. Bickley kicked loose the fresh concrete he had been standing on to discover a patch of a child's skin.

Monroe County Sheriff's detectives were called and they reached the popular fishing spot about 3 p.m., removing the body.

Nevaeh went missing May 24 from her North Macomb Street apartment in Monroe.

The girl, who would have started kindergarten at Hollywood Elementary School in September, was the focus of an intense search that began with an Amber Alert.

A task force of local, state, and federal investigators worked around the clock to locate the girl, taking phone calls at a command center, and checking into more than 1,000 leads and tips.

Authorities searched the Charlotte Arms apartments, where Nevaeh lived with her mother, Jennifer Buchanan, and grandmother, Sherry Buchanan, as well as adjacent woods and neighborhood, and hundreds of acres of rural Monroe County.

Divers and sonar were used to comb the bottom of a man-made lake and 105-acre quarry on South Dixie Highway, near the motel room of a convicted sex offender and friend of Jennifer Buchanan.

Mr. Bickley and Mr. Kirk, who are both avid anglers, had never fished that stretch of River Raisin before Thursday.

Mr. Bickley had eyed the spot many times as he drove back and forth from his home to Dundee, where his 15-year-old son attends school.

He took his stepfather, who made an impromptu visit on May 26, to test their luck.

The river at the bend near Dixon is three to four feet deep and about 30 feet wide, they said.

The pair had nearly caught their limit of crappie, sucker, and bullhead when Mr. Bickley said he used his shoe to loosen the concrete he had been standing on while casting from the bank. He said concrete covered about a 2 1/2-feet by about 1 1/2-feet area that was about a foot from the water.

"It was almost like somebody poured it and it leveled. It was very crudely applied. At least the top of it was," he said.

Both men said they had noticed an odor they believed was a decaying fish or animal. The more concrete Mr. Bickley took up, the worse the flies and odor got, they said.

"I was the one who was standing on her. What a terrible thing," Mr. Bickley said.

They said they immediately called 911 and waited about two hours for the sheriff's detectives to arrive. They left the scene and were interviewed later Thursday night by FBI agents and investigators.

With the recovery of the body, investigators turned their attention to combing the crime scene, about seven miles west of Monroe.

"Right now we are focusing on the crime scene," said FBI agent Andy Arena.

Sheriff Crutchfield said investigators returned to the site yesterday to search for evidence, including putting divers in the water. He said there was no obvious physical sign of trauma to the body.

Mr. Bickley said remnants of a fire were at the fishing area, which was below a steep bank.

Both men said they saw a partially burned latex surgical glove near it.

He also recalled seeing a dark colored, small pickup parked along the road when he drove past the area two days after Nevaeh was reported missing.

Neither Sheriff Crutchfield nor Mr. Arena would discuss any evidence that was recovered.

Yesterday, nearly 24 hours after he made the gruesome discovery, Mr. Bickley said the impact of what occurred was sinking in.

"It brings me to tears to think about it. I wish somebody else would have found her. I really do," he said.

"We all got kids. I kept thinking about mine. I don't want to see anything like this again."

Mr. Kirk agreed.

"It was hard. It is going to take awhile to get over it," he said.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090606/NEWS16/906060377/0/SPORTS15
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2009, 12:13:50 PM »

NRCG, the mom was attacked for everything she said, she did, for not crying, for pretending to cry, for not knowing her daughter was gone, for drugs, for having press conferences, for not having press conferences, what she was wearing, what she was not wearing, for not picking up a dog, for having the dog picked up, every single thing this mom did it hit the rumor mill, there was even a facebook account calling for her arrest with hundreds of members!. ....Horrible how people can attack others without an ounce of compassion or facts! I about lost my mind over that case.

I have to go to work, AGAIN! 6th day in a row! I need a day off. I will "see" you all this evening. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2009, 12:14:22 PM »

several of you have posted you believe there were two or three people to dispose of the body, and I dont know how to say this, but wouldnt that be very strange for a SO to have a partner?  Or for any group of people to help dispose a childs body? 
I'm just wondering say if it is George and is girlfriend Savannah helped, in which way she helped I wouldn't know. But I have read rumors about her, and if true, lets just say, she isn't like a lot of women that would never be part of such a horrific thing. But in Tori's case, there was a man and woman. And Paul B and Karla H were also a team.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2009, 12:17:03 PM »

I'm just wondering say if it is George and is girlfriend Savannah helped, in which way she helped I wouldn't know. But I have read rumors about her, and if true, lets just say, she isn't like a lot of women that would never be part of such a horrific thing. But in Tori's case, there was a man and woman. And Paul B and Karla H were also a team.
Thank you for your response.  That is just horrible.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2009, 12:17:54 PM »

Sheriff says killer probably local
by Ray Kisonas , last modified June 06. 2009 1:15AM

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said the person responsible for the death of Nevaeh Buchanan is probably a local person because the place where she was found buried is rural and not well-known.
"It’s someone who knows the area," the sheriff said Friday night. "In my mind, it’s someone from around here. I don’t think anyone would come up from Ohio or California and just come across this place."
The cause of death will not be available immediately, the sheriff said, because lab tests have to be completed. However the body, which was buried along the banks of the River Raisin off Dixon Rd., did not have any obvious signs of trauma, Sheriff Crutchfield said.
"There were no obvious injuries," he said.
Evidence had been collected at the scene, but the sheriff would not divulge details. He said tests must be completed before anything is determined. An autopsy was performed Friday at the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office.
"I wouldn’t expect anything from the autopsy for a couple of days," the sheriff said. "There’s a lot of analysis that needs to be done."
At a press conference Friday morning, the sheriff said the task force is continuing to follow more than 1,000 tips and leads in hopes that a suspect is developed soon.
"This is a sick and disturbed person we’re looking for," he told reporters. "(The task force) is a group that is committed to resolving this crime."
On Friday night, the site where fishermen discovered the body encased or covered with concrete was reopened. Although evidence had been recovered at the scene of the burial, a search of the river did not produce much success.
"We didn’t recover anything of value from the river," Sheriff Crutchfield said.
Although all indications are that the body found is Nevaeh, the sheriff said officials are waiting for DNA results to be 100 percent sure.
"It’s our opinion that this is Nevaeh," he said.
Funeral arrangements will not be decided until later, said The Rev. Dale Hayford of Crosswalk Community Church. Rev. Hayford said family members were "as good as can be expected" and a Sunday church service was planned for mourners.

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090606/NEWS01/706069986/-1/NEWS
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2009, 12:18:50 PM »

Mr. Bickley and Mr. Kirk my thoughts and prayers are with you, and I hope you can recover from such a horrible situation. Thank God, they found her.  an angelic monkey
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2009, 12:19:22 PM »

Yes Always1... I agree. SO are like serials in that they do not like to share their victims. But also SO's have a "type" they prefer. GK was teens and the other guy raped a woman IIRC. Maybe one of them didn't ever get caught with a kid before, or his "taste"buds changed. There's just so much circumstantial that points to GK... he worked at the cement place that the bag came from, he had fishing tackle and admitted to fishing, and he had those toy motorcycles in his hotel room. Along with blood from who knows where...just all very odd. Yet he hooked up with that other SO and borrowed a van so who knows? I think it is possible for one person to have done all of this.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2009, 12:22:13 PM »

Thank you for your response.  That is just horrible.
What's very horrible is the blood in George Kennedy's motel room. It wasn't Nevaeh's blood, but the girlfriend said it was her blood from tatoos. What's even weirder, is where Nevaeh's remains were found, Savannah's mother lives in that neighborhood. I don't know, and I'm not pointing fingers, but all this is just too much. Could someone have set George up? I sure hope LE makes a statement soon with an arrest.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2009, 12:26:27 PM »

"This is a sick and disturbed person we’re looking for," he told reporters. I know that officer keeps saying that, and of course, what other individual would you be looking for. But one thing I haven't seen, has any LE in any of their statements put out a warning to parents in the area that there is a dangerous murderer in and around the area, and be very careful with your children? If not, that says a lot to me.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2009, 12:28:40 PM »

Tori's accused killer on suicide watch
May 26, 2009
Cherri Greeno, and Record news services
RECORD STAFF; The Canadian Press

KITCHENER

The man accused of abducting and killing Victoria Stafford is in segregation and on suicide watch in a London jail, his Kitchener lawyer said yesterday.

"He's in a six by eight (foot) jail cell trying to survive," Hal Mattson said.

"That's what he's concentrating on right now."

Michael Rafferty, 28, was charged last week with first-degree murder and abduction in connection with the April 8 disappearance of Victoria 'Tori' Stafford. She was taken as she walked away from her Woodstock school.

Rafferty's girlfriend, Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, is charged with abduction and being an accessory.

More:
http://www.totalwomanshow.ca/News/CanadaWorld/article/542585

Karla Homolka, left, and Paul Bernardo. (Canadian Press) In Depth
Crime
Timeline: The Bernardo/Homolka case
Last Updated June 25, 2008
CBC News

They were an attractive, seemingly normal couple, full of smiles in photos taken at their 1991 wedding in the Ontario town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. That happy façade made it all the harder for Canadians to accept the brutal crimes committed by Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka.

Bernardo was convicted in 1995 of the kidnapping, raping and murdering of southern Ontario teenagers Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy. Homolka portrayed herself as the innocent victim of a murderous monster. She struck a deal with prosecutors (later dubbed the "deal with the devil") and pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the deaths in exchange for a 12-year prison sentence.

But videotapes of the crimes, found after the plea bargain, showed her to be a more active participant.

Public outrage about Homolka's sentence had barely cooled by the time of her extremely high-profile release from prison in 2005.

Throughout the years, Canadians have been riveted by the case. Books, TV specials, a controversial feature film movie and countless newspaper front pages have covered the crimes from every possible angle.

Yet despite all this coverage and the passing of years, many questions linger. Was Bernardo involved with other crimes? And what would have happened if the infamous videotapes had been in police custody earlier?

More:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/bernardo/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2009, 12:31:44 PM »

From the media reports we can say that they have found:
1 partially burned surgical glove
1 empty 90lb bag of concrete mix
1 Busch beer can
clothes she was wearing thrown in with her.

Other than the clothes the rest can truly all be garbage that had been in the area that are not related.  Either this person is a genius for having unrelated evidence around the area to throw off LE, or a complete moron as it is all connected and would have prints and DNA all over it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.