April 26, 2024, 02:07:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 465670 times)
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: June 12, 2009, 10:34:21 AM »

CHECK THIS OUT.. it tells of all the tats that G K has and where they are on his body
http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=396618

From his tat descriptions, sounds like he's into wizards and such  kinda old for that stuff id think!
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #781 on: June 12, 2009, 10:39:41 AM »

ATTENTION!  ATTENTION!  ATTENTION!
Plase read this article.  It is something that only 17 states currently have but ALL 50 STATES SHOULD HAVE IT!

http://wjz.com/local/DNA.police.match.2.1041592.html

I realize I posted this in the early hours, but I will bump this during the days to make sure everyone sees this.

The DNA samples are taken from anyone ARRESTED for any crime (even not paying parking tickets).

It is something we can do to move in the right direction.

Sorry about all the concurrent posts! just playing ketchup with all you busy monkeys hehe

I agree with you, they should have some sort of data base that no matter how small of a crime ur DNA be logged.

I have always thought that at birth they should take a DNA sample, they do all the other needle poking! But just to keep in a large data base that could help alot of cases and maybe scare ppl into not commiting as many crimes, it could also benifit the missing ppl cases and such, lil chittlins being kidnapped or IDing bodys all that GOOD stuff as well.

Iknow that this would only work for FUTURE crimes as they would be babies now, but it has to start some where!
jaggard19
Scared Monkey

« Reply #782 on: June 12, 2009, 12:43:44 PM »

Plase read this article.  It is something that only 17 states currently have but ALL 50 STATES SHOULD HAVE IT!

I realize I posted this in the early hours, but I will bump this during the days to make sure everyone sees this.

The DNA samples are taken from anyone ARRESTED for any crime (even not paying parking tickets).

Sorry about all the concurrent posts! just playing ketchup with all you busy monkeys hehe

I agree with you, they should have some sort of data base that no matter how small of a crime ur DNA be logged.

I have always thought that at birth they should take a DNA sample, they do all the other needle poking! But just to keep in a large data base that could help alot of cases and maybe scare ppl into not commiting as many crimes, it could also benifit the missing ppl cases and such, lil chittlins being kidnapped or IDing bodys all that GOOD stuff as well.

Iknow that this would only work for FUTURE crimes as they would be babies now, but it has to start some where!

According to this article, since this became law, EIGHT have been arrested!  One was arrested for child predator crimes/sexual child abuse crimes committed over five years ago!  They got him off the street!  It works, and continues to work.  This is what is needed.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #783 on: June 12, 2009, 01:41:26 PM »

According to this article, since this became law, EIGHT have been arrested!  One was arrested for child predator crimes/sexual child abuse crimes committed over five years ago!  They got him off the street!  It works, and continues to work.  This is what is needed.

I think this is a great start. What would also help if all rape kits were processed, when they are taken. You would be shocked to know how many rape kits are just sitting there years after being taken because of many counties/states running out of funding to process them. So, there is rapists out there on the street running free because there is backlogs of rape kits in some places. Frightening isn't it?
http://www.care2.com/causes/womens-rights/blog/rape-kits-go-untested-so-rapists-walk-free/

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #784 on: June 12, 2009, 01:44:30 PM »

http://www.livecitizen.com/2009/05/4173/

(snip)
There are currently between 150,000 and 600,000 kits sitting in storage waiting to be processed in the United States.

The tangible explanation of why these kits have never been opened is the same as why Wasilla, Alaska made rape victims pay for their own kits — there’s just not enough people or money to process them all.

But it seems as though there’s another problem undermining their analysis too — that rape is considering a less serious violent crime than others.
(snip)

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #785 on: June 12, 2009, 02:02:08 PM »

(snip)
There are currently between 150,000 and 600,000 kits sitting in storage waiting to be processed in the United States.

The tangible explanation of why these kits have never been opened is the same as why Wasilla, Alaska made rape victims pay for their own kits — there’s just not enough people or money to process them all.

But it seems as though there’s another problem undermining their analysis too — that rape is considering a less serious violent crime than others.
(snip)
There is no excuse for this at all. This country really needs to get priorities straight. All this, and the other back log of evidence not being analyzed, and crime labs being closed.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #786 on: June 12, 2009, 03:57:06 PM »

Task force investigators seek tips in Nevaeh case
By AMBER HUNT • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • June 12, 2009

Monroe County sheriff's investigators are still pushing for area anglers to step forward with information about anyone or anything they've spotted along the River Raisin that might prove linked to the death of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan.

In a news release this morning, the abduction task force formed in the wake of the girl's disappearance implored that anyone who has fished in the area where the body was located, or has seen any vehicles or persons at that location, call the tip line.

Task force investigators are sifting through some 1,100 tips. The cause of the girl's death is still pending.

Forensic analysis of evidence found at the grave site is being conducted by the Michigan State Police's crime lab in Northville. No results have been turned over, officials said.

Nevaeh went missing May 24 from outside her Monroe apartment complex. A visitation is under way at Merkle Funeral Service just north of Monroe. The girl is to be buried at noon Saturday.

People with information are asked to call 734-243-7070.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090612/NEWS06/90612034/1008/NEWS/Task+force+investigators+seek+tips+in+Nevaeh+case
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #787 on: June 12, 2009, 03:58:06 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:22:38 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: June 12, 2009, 04:13:56 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose 
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: June 12, 2009, 05:28:24 PM »

Hi monkeys,

Don't know if anyone caught Oprah's powerful show today regarding pedophiles and the lack of funding to pursue and track these guys.  Please go to Oprah's website where all the links are active, and everything you need is there.

Snipped from Oprah's website today:

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20090220-tows-adam-walsh-act

Help Get Funding for the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act
Adam Walsh

The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act was passed on July 25, 2006—20 years after Adam Walsh's abduction. The act established a National Sex Offender Registry law, but recent news reports reveal most states will not be in compliance with the law by the upcoming July 2009 deadline.

Act Now!

It's time to bail out our kids. Make your voice heard by imploring your senators and state representatives to comply with Adam's law and give it full funding.

Don't know what to write? Use our sample letter.

To contact your senator: Go to Senate.gov to find contact information for the senators in your state. Search for your senator by name or state by clicking the arrow from either drop-down menu. Contact information will be provided. To send an e-mail, click on Web Form below his or her name. E-mail your letter to make a difference.

To contact your state representative: Go to House.gov and click on Write Your Representative in the upper left-hand corner. Select your state from the drop-down menu, and enter your ZIP code, including the four-digit ZIP code extension. Contact information will be provided. To send an e-mail, click on Send a Message. On the state representative's page, click on E-mail the Congressman/Congresswoman, and e-mail your letter to make a difference. (continued at the above link)

As you can see, Oprah and John Walsh have made it pretty easy for us to let our legislators know that we want these laws funded.

I know we all express our frustration about these sickos running free and hurting our children.  I think it's time to let our legislators know that we put our kids and their protection first.

Thanks, Monkeys. an angelic monkey

Helen Back
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: June 12, 2009, 09:57:23 PM »

Lisa Tibai, 22, of Monroe -- who told investigators this week that she and her fiancé helped tow a car stuck in mud near the edge of the River Raisin -- was relieved Thursday to find out Nevaeh's body was found on the opposite side of the river.

"It has nothing to do with me helping weirdos -- just two kids needing help," she said.
Thank-you for that article 

I guess that would account for the tire tracks that I saw on the opposite side of the road from the river. I guess they checked out the guys thoroughly. Didn't they say the guys were in a dark car??

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #791 on: June 12, 2009, 10:16:41 PM »

Lisa Tibai, 22, of Monroe -- who told investigators this week that she and her fiancé helped tow a car stuck in mud near the edge of the River Raisin -- was relieved Thursday to find out Nevaeh's body was found on the opposite side of the river.

"It has nothing to do with me helping weirdos -- just two kids needing help," she said.
Thank-you for that article 

I guess that would account for the tire tracks that I saw on the opposite side of the road from the river. I guess they checked out the guys thoroughly. Didn't they say the guys were in a dark car??
Yes a small black car like a Sunfire or a Saturn.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #792 on: June 13, 2009, 07:48:32 AM »

I think this is an excellent idea. It would, if taken at birth, make the identification of bodies easy, and nab bad guys any time they screw up. The problem is that people have been terrified into believing the government will use the DNA for nefarious purposes. Personally, I have nothing to hide so I see no reason my DNA can not be out floating around.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #793 on: June 13, 2009, 07:50:25 AM »

(snip)

(snip)
There is no excuse for this at all. This country really needs to get priorities straight. All this, and the other back log of evidence not being analyzed, and crime labs being closed.

Not to turn this into a political debate, but why is it the government has money to pay for stuff like welfare, wars and private jets for the president but no money for protecting kids and innocent people. Seems off to me!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #794 on: June 13, 2009, 09:29:47 AM »

Not to turn this into a political debate, but why is it the government has money to pay for stuff like welfare, wars and private jets for the president but no money for protecting kids and innocent people. Seems off to me!

I agree with you 100%, however in many of the most recent cases, I have to blame the parents...especially in this case!  First and foremost, they should be the ones protecting their children and I just cant comprehend why they dont! 

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #795 on: June 13, 2009, 09:31:59 AM »

Funeral for Nevaeh Buchanan to be held Saturday

Associated Press - June 13, 2009 3:04 AM ET

MONROE, Mich. (AP) - A 5-year-old girl whose disappearance brought fear to a community, then brought grief when she was found dead, is being laid to rest.

Funeral services for Nevaeh (nuh-VAY'-uh) Buchanan are scheduled for noon Saturday in Stewart Road Church of God in Monroe, 40 miles south of Detroit.

The Rev. Sam Luke expects an overflow crowd in his church's 2,000-seat sanctuary. Hundreds participated in searches and vigils for Nevaeh after she went missing May 24 from her apartment complex in Monroe. Two fishermen found her body in a hole along the River Raisin on June 4.

No arrests have been made.

From the church, Nevaeh will be taken to a nearby cemetery in a hearse drawn by a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

http://www.fox28.com/Global/story.asp?S=10527260

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: June 13, 2009, 09:39:41 AM »

Thanks Leroy.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: June 13, 2009, 09:41:56 AM »

I agree with you 100%, however in many of the most recent cases, I have to blame the parents...especially in this case!  First and foremost, they should be the ones protecting their children and I just cant comprehend why they dont! 

Agreed. But look at the Klass case and others like it. If we had they people in jail or DNA on file would they be solved and prevented. Many times, however, kids are failed by the people that are supposed to protect them - the parents - I just do not have a good solution for stupid . . . 

- George Bernard Shaw
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: June 13, 2009, 09:43:52 AM »

Agreed. But look at the Klass case and others like it. If we had they people in jail or DNA on file would they be solved and prevented. Many times, however, kids are failed by the people that are supposed to protect them - the parents - I just do not have a good solution for stupid . . . 

Well said!!

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #799 on: June 13, 2009, 01:05:26 PM »

Bikers to lead Nevaeh funeral procession

BY TAMMY STABLES BATTAGLIA AND AMBER HUNT • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS • June 13, 2009

Updated at 12:08 p.m.

The day has come to lay Nevaeh Buchanan to rest.
Advertisement

The funeral for the 5-year-old who made national headlines with her May 24 disappearance was scheduled for noon today.

A Harley-Davidson hearse was parked this morning in front of the Stewart Road Christian Ministries Center in Monroe, which has room for up to 1,500 mourners.

The body of the little girl who loved to play with toy motorcycles was discovered last week in a shallow grave in Monroe County.

Just after 11 a.m., an escort of eight Monroe Police motorcycles led two SUVs into the church parking lot. Nevaeh’s grandmother Sherry Buchanan, mother, Jennifer Buchanan, and father, Shane Hinojosa, got out of the SUVs surrounded by more than 20 friends and family members.

After the service, the procession was to wind through town, past a balloon release at Munson Park, where Nevaeh liked to play, and the statue she admired of George A. Custer sitting atop his life-size horse at the intersection of Monroe and Elm.

After the funeral, dozens of motorcycle enthusiasts have volunteered to lead Nevaeh's procession through a town rocked by grief. No one has been charged in connection with her tragic death.

Hundreds of people paid their respects at visitations Thursday and Friday to mark the end of a tragedy that began when Nevaeh disappeared while playing outside her apartment complex.

On Friday, Monroe County sheriff's investigators said in a news release they still are pushing for area anglers to step forward with information about anyone or anything they've spotted along the River Raisin that might be linked to the death.

Nevaeh had been buried in a fishing spot along the river in Raisinville Township, covered with quick-drying cement.

The abduction task force that formed in the wake of the girl's disappearance is sifting through about 1,100 tips. The cause of the girl's death is still pending.

Forensic analysis of evidence found at the grave site is being conducted by the Michigan State Police's crime lab in Northville. No results have been turned over, officials said.

People with information are asked to call 734-243-7070. http://bit.ly/HLTmv

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.