March 28, 2024, 01:14:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 462249 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #820 on: June 13, 2009, 11:23:52 PM »

WELCOME MOMOF7!!!!

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #821 on: June 13, 2009, 11:29:22 PM »

Hello everyone
I am new here and I have been watching your post for sometime waiting to get approved to come in here. I live in Michigan and I know what it is like to loose a child to a kidnapper and a murder. My little cousin was kidnapped and murdered by a sex offender 12 years ago and I was on a search team for 2 years. My cousins body was never discovered until 5 years later by a hunter walking in a field way across the state from where she lived. We had to wait 5 years to bury her. My deepest sympathies go out to the family and friends of Nevaeh and I hope that her killer is found soon. For us it was easy to find my cousins killer. We found him 3 days after she was abducted and he admitted to it later. I guess it is harder when you don't know who did it. The fear of the unknow is worse. I know that Nevaeh is in the place that spells her name backwords and she is in the arm of God that gave her as a gift to her earthly parents. God forbid who took that childs young life. I loved that poem that was read at her funeral, that was so fitting for this day of sadness. Believe me the little things like that do help. I am also letting you all know that in earlier post it was written to write to our congress and just as I did for my cousin I will do again for Nevaeh, I will write and they will hear me. Thank You Mom of 7 beautiful children

Welcome momof7! sorry to read about your families loss, my heart goes out to you and yours
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #822 on: June 14, 2009, 01:34:18 AM »

Nevaeh is in heaven.
That’s the message clergy left with family, friends and hundreds of others who attended funeral services Saturday for Nevaeh Buchanan, the 5-year-old Monroe girl whose disappearance May 24 launched a community search that ended with the discovery of her body buried and covered in concrete along the River Raisin’s banks.
Mourners filed past the shiny white casket leaving thumbprints and flowers on it as they said their final goodbyes at a gravesite shaded by a grove of maple trees in the children’s section at St. Joseph Cemetery.
“As we commit her body in these beautiful surroundings, her spirit is in the presence of the Lord,” said Rev. Sam Luke of the Stewart Road Christian Ministries Center, where earlier nearly 700 filled the church to hear eulogies, songs and poems memorializing the little girl, who name is “heaven” spelled backwards.
Family members had filled the first few rows of the church, consoling one another and dabbing away tears during the service.
A cause of death hasn’t been determined and police say no results from analysis of evidence submitted to the Michigan State Police crime lab has been received yet. But about 1,200 tips are being processed by a multi-agency task force.
Two fishermen discovered the body June 4 covered with concrete at a makeshift fishing site in Raisinville Township, about 8 miles from the Monroe apartment complex where the girl last was seen.
A funeral procession led by motorcycle hearse and about 100 other bikers from Michigan and Ohio wended its way around the Monroe area, passing Munson Park, said to be one of Nevaeh’s favorite places, and the downtown statue of Gen. George Armstrong Custer. She was said to have been interested in Custer, who lived in Monroe.
Wayne Owens of Wayne, a member of the Motown HOG Chapter, said the bikers spread the word about Nevaeh online, via phone calls, and word of mouth. “We heard she liked motorcycles and that’s why we’re here,” he said. “We’re here because we care.”
Along the funeral route, people paused in their routines to pay respects, doffing hats, pausing in their yard work, covering their hearts with their hands, or simply standing by the roadside out of respect. “Goodbye, Nevaeh” said a hand-made sign sitting near a motorcycle parked near the Bates Lane roadside. Those attending a graduation party along the route paused to watch the motorcade pass.
At Munson Park, hundreds of multicolored helium-filled balloons were released as the procession passed.
During the earlier church service, Rev. Dale Hayford of Crosswalk Community Church, who helped organize search parties for the girl, said Nevaeh touched lives and brought people together. “This town was brought together by one little girl who was very powerful,” he said. “I have never known a person ever before who has touched so many people in the State of Michigan.
He assured those attending the funeral that Nevaeh is in Heaven. “What was it like when Nevaeh came to Heaven? I believe because of what she has gone through, Jesus met her at the gate,” he said.
He prayed to God to “let the healing begin. Let us wake up Lord. This should never have happened.”
During the service, those attending exchanged hugs or dabbed away tears. Even some members of the choir dabbed their eyes or sobbed at times as a photo montage of Nevaeh was projected on the church’s two big projection screens on each side of the altar.
The photos were of Nevaeh as an infant, a toddler, with stuffed animals, hugging relatives, graduating from pre-school and at play. Her casket in front of the altar was laden with flowers. A large photo stood on an easel to the left. An etched stone was among the items, saying “When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.”
Nevaeh’s uncle, Michael Buchanan, tearfully read “No Fear in Heaven,” a poem written for those who have suffered the tragic loss of a child. In part, it says, “Our little ones have now been freed to do things angels do. They can’t recall the horrors of those last days they were here. They remember not the terror, the hurt, nor the fear. There is no fear in Heaven. No more sorrow. Only joy. It’s filled with joyous laughter from each little girl and boy. We can only try to imagine, in spite of all earthly wrongs, our little angels are learning the words to the Angel’s songs.”
Rev. Luke said Nevaeh no longer is missing. “Without a doubt, I know Nevaeh is in the presence of the Lord and she made it home safely to Heaven,” he said. “We haven’t lost Nevaeh. She’s in the arms of her savior.”
He also said he was deeply affected by the girl’s disappearance after visiting the family’s apartment and seeing an electric Barbie car, much like his own daughter had as a child. “Immediately, Nevaeh became our daughter. Nevaeh became everybody’s daughter and everybody’s granddaughter,” he said.
“I pray that every mom and dad, sometime after today, we would hold our children a little closer,” he added.
Mourners came from the community and from long distances.
Mistee Parker of Newport was among hundreds who formed impromptu search parties for the girl, though she didn’t know the family. “It was a beautiful service for a beautiful girl,” she said after the funeral. “I hope it gave the family some comfort.”
Jose and Shawna Cooper of Monroe, friends of Nevaeh’s mother Jennifer, also said it was a wonderful service for the little girl.
“It was a beautiful funeral,” Mrs. Cooper said. The Coopers had decorated their Dodge minivan with a sign that said “Rest in Peace Nevaeh. Monroe’s angel.”
The couple had participated in many searches for the girl, including one that lasted 13½ hours. The discovery of her body “was a relief, but it was very sad, too,” Mr. Cooper said.
They were among more than 100 vehicles in the funeral procession that traveled to the gravesite.
Both Rev. Hayford and Rev. Luke offered more prayers and Brian Merkle of Merkle Funeral Service had children related to Nevaeh help open a small square basket containing a single white dove, which he said would be symbolic of Nevaeh’s spirit returning home. Mr. Merkle released the dove, it fluttered into the overcast sky, and disappeared on the horizon.

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090613/NEWS01/306139997

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #823 on: June 14, 2009, 04:39:43 AM »

::sighs:: can't sleep

Here is some excellent video coverage of Nevaeh's funeral Saturday
13abc  - http://bit.ly/9tQ3C 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: June 14, 2009, 10:48:11 AM »

so very sad!
this should not have happened!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #825 on: June 14, 2009, 10:52:21 AM »

Thanks for the video of Nevaeh's funeral.
Momof7kids
Scared Monkey

« Reply #826 on: June 14, 2009, 02:15:38 PM »

Thank You everyone for your wonderful welcomes. It makes me feel good that there are forums and sites like this one, that we can come in and talk to you. Especially people like me who know someone that has died in such a horrible way. Neveah's family has a long way to go. This is just the beginning for them. First they have to go through all the stages of greiving and that is not easy, believe me. Then they have to go through the emotions when some one is caught for this dispicable crime. Then there is the trail. Who knows how long all of this will take, it could take days, weeks or even years, like it did for us. I am telling you 5 years is a long time to find out that your loved one is officially dead. My aunt and uncle suffered greatly to the point that my uncle started drinking and about 2 years after my cousins body was found he was killed in a motorcycle accident and left my aunt and baby cousin alone. This tragedy take a toll on the whole family, the aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and beyond and some people just are not strong enough to handle it. That is why John Walsh is my inspiration and that is why I wrote and walked into Lansing State capital and made sure that the Sex Offender Registry was brought into Michigan. Over here in West Michigan we have had many tragedies, In 1997 Rachel Timmermen and her sweet little baby girl Shannon VerHey Went missing on June 3 and the person responsible for her was a very bad man Marvin Gabrion who is now on Death Row in Indiana because they found Rachel's body in a lake in a national forest and that made her crime a federal one because of where she was found and possibly killed. Shannon was never found. When Rachel's body was first found the search teams for My cousin feared it was Andre, but it was another girl. My feelings are I wish that our state could at least have the death penalty for very serious crimes only like sex offenders that kill children, because in my book they cannot be cured. I knew a man that was found to be a sex offender back in 1980 and he is still doing it and the cops can't catch him because he moves from state to state and Michigan is just waiting for him to show his face so that they can get him. The thing that makes me really angry is he is not on the Sex offender registry because his crimes in Michigan were in the 80s and early 90s, but his other crimes are out side the state and he still does not show up on any of them, so the next time he finds a child no one is going to know what he is. Any way thank everyone for letting me vent a little and I am praying for Nevaeh's family that they find some closer soon and that this does not last for years for them.
Momof7kids
Scared Monkey

« Reply #827 on: June 14, 2009, 02:47:48 PM »

Hi again
I also wanted you let you all know that I did send an email and letter to both Senators Debbbie Stabanow and Carl Levin and if they do not respond I can try to go down to Lansing again and see what is on the ballot for The Adam Walsh Child Protection Act and see how much I can do. I also wanted to let you all know that my cousin's name was Andre Bosse born 11/11/1986 died 6/18/1997 one day after she was abducted. I was going to college at that time to become a nurse, but after Andre went missing spent most of my time searching for her for two years. When Andre's body was found in 2002, I decided to go back to school in 2004 to change my schooling from nurse to Criminal Justice. I graduated with my Associate degree for Criminal Justice and Applied Science in 2008 and I am now in the Bachlors Program for Criminal Justice and special sciences and I am doing my internship at the Michigan State Crime Lab. My children are mostly grown now with my youngest age 16. I have 3 girls and 4 boys. My 3 girls are all in college. One is in Criminal Justice with me, one is in Bussiness and the other is in Intieror Design. My 4 boys are doing well too. My one son owns a resturant and two of my other sons work for him and the youngest is in a junior in high school. One of my older sons that works for his brother is also in college to be a 3D Animator and Game designer like his father. 3 of my older kids were on search teams in 1997 to help find their cousin. Back then they were very young in there early teens. I was very proud of them and they are now proud of me for what I am doing to help kids like Andre, Adam, Caylee, Megan, Amber, Sandra,Nevaeh and all the others out there crying for us to help them, and that is my mission. I made Andre a promise that I would fight to help bring these preditors to justice and that is what I intend to do. I guess it helps the pain when you know you are doing something productive, you know. an angelic monkey
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: June 14, 2009, 03:48:09 PM »

so very sad!
this should not have happened!

Extremely & I agree it should have never happened at all JB.   Man, I dont know how people like her can live with themselves.

Momof7kids
Scared Monkey

« Reply #829 on: June 15, 2009, 11:38:42 AM »

Hi everyone
I have wrote to Governor Granholm, Debbie Stabenow and Carl Levin in regards to the Adam Walsh Child Protection Safety Act. Hopefully this will help. I hope that everyone is having a good day. I also saw on tv that 3 children were abducted by their father and there was an Amber Alert but they have been located and the father has been arrested.
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: June 15, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »

Hi everyone
I have wrote to Governor Granholm, Debbie Stabenow and Carl Levin in regards to the Adam Walsh Child Protection Safety Act. Hopefully this will help. I hope that everyone is having a good day. I also saw on tv that 3 children were abducted by their father and there was an Amber Alert but they have been located and the father has been arrested.

Hello! I was reading your posts, so so sorry for your loss, but so happy for you to turn it into something possitive and helpful, you rock! I just thought you might like Blink's site, very informative and helpful! if you already know about it than sorry to bother u!

http://blinkoncrime.com
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: June 15, 2009, 02:00:33 PM »

Investigators await test results, seek tips in Nevaeh case
BY TAMMY STABLES BATTAGLIA • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • June 15, 2009

Investigators in Monroe are still waiting for test results from evidence recovered at the gravesite of murdered 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan.

The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement today that investigators are also reviewing more than 1,200 tips about Nevaeh, who disappeared while riding her scooter at a Monroe apartment complex May 24.

The department continues to request tips from anyone who has fished along Dixon Road in Raisinville Township, where two men fishing found her body under fast-drying concrete June 4. The little girl was buried Saturday in Monroe after hundreds turned out for her funeral.

The Michigan State Police Crime Laboratory in Northville is analyzing the evidence found, trying to determine how Nevaeh died and who killed her.

Anyone with information is asked to call 734-243-7070.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090615/NEWS05/90615048/Investigators+await+test+results++seek+tips+in+Nevaeh+case
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: June 15, 2009, 02:01:19 PM »

Search for Nevaeh's killer continues

By Amulya Raghuveer
Monday, June 15, 2009 at 12:21 p.m.

MONROE, MICH. -- Police in Monroe are still searching for who killed 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan.

The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says they have had over 1,200 tips pour in regarding the case of the missing 5-year-old Monroe County girl whose body was found in a shallow grave along the River Raisin in early June.   Nevaeh went missing from in front of the Charlotte Arms Apartment Complex May 24.

Police say several leads have been developed from tips they have received; however, they still ask that anyone who may have fished the area of the River Raisin where Nevaeh's body was found please contact them with any information they may have.  Investigators are seeking any vehicles or people who may have been in the area.

Nevaeh was laid to rest over the weekend.  Friends and family gathered at the Stewart Road Christian Ministries Center on Saturday for a Celebration of Life service in honor of Nevaeh.  Mourners lined the streets of Monroe as the girl's body was driven by a hearse to St. Joseph Cemetery for burial.  Balloons were seen lifting to the air during the procession.

Authorities say they have yet to receive lab test results from evidence gathered at the crime scene.

If you have any information to offer investigators please call the Task Force Top Line at 734-243-7070.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=312826
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #833 on: June 15, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »

I pray incessantly that this case is solved soon.  I have a very good feeling about it.  I pray, and pray hard, that I am right.  I want justice for this little girl as if she was my own flesh and blood.  And I truly, truly mean it. 

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #834 on: June 15, 2009, 05:20:46 PM »

I pray incessantly that this case is solved soon.  I have a very good feeling about it.  I pray, and pray hard, that I am right.  I want justice for this little girl as if she was my own flesh and blood.  And I truly, truly mean it. 

You and me both Jess. I pray and hope that LE knows more than we know and are just waiting for results from tests or something to make an arrest. I want justice to be served and the monster that did this to Nevaeh, off the streets forever.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: June 15, 2009, 06:47:39 PM »

You and me both Jess. I pray and hope that LE knows more than we know and are just waiting for results from tests or something to make an arrest. I want justice to be served and the monster that did this to Nevaeh, off the streets forever.

right there with you two! justice for this little girl who didn't deserve this...

cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #836 on: June 15, 2009, 07:45:48 PM »

I know the uncle is very upset.......does somebody know where was him at the moment the Naveah dissapeared?
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: June 15, 2009, 08:18:53 PM »

Hi everyone

I have been lurking on here for awhile reading everyones posts but my membership just got accepted yesterday so i can finally post. i also apologize if i repeat anything that's already been said, mommy of 7, i am so sorry for your loss and cannot even imagine the pain and outrage that your family must feel..

firstly, i believe that le has a pretty good idea who did this and are just waiting for test results. i think they want to make sure they have an airtight case. it seems to me that they arent really putting the community on high alert as they might if they have no clue who the perp is.  i work for child protective services and just had a child death case in which the police and detectives had to wait 2 weeks after the child died to arrest the step father because they had to wait on the autopsy even tho the consensus between everyone involved was that this step dad def did it...  I think JB did this, statistically it was her or someone close to nevaeh...if the cops really thought this was a stranger abduction i think it would be much more obvious in the way they answer questions in the press conferences. i think jb  had jealous feelings towards her mother b/c nevaeh looked at maternal grandmom as her "mom" and jb just couldn't take it anymore, i think she purposely killed her and we have another Casey Anthony on our hands... I know there are also theories that the mom lost control and killed her, however i believe that if this was not premeditated, there would have been injuries like a high neck break (from being violently shaken) or injuries to the head area.  i unfortunately think that mom planned this out.  her multiple stories and discrepencies are just downright disturbing. If you tell the truth and have nothing to hide then you dont have to try to remember all the lies you told and get urself confused, which is whats happening with jennifer. (if jennifer isnt the perp, then the only other explanation i can come up with for her behavior and lies is that she was probobaly high and cant remember the exact events of the day)

i think jb may have threatened to blackmail george smith or george kennedy if they didnt try to help her hide the body.  i'm sure she has enough info on both of them that would have sent them back to jail (which ended up happening anyway) i just think they didnt bank on being picked up on this crime. 

this case is so frustrating, i find myself checking several times a day to see if there are any updates..i hope and pray that nevaeh gets the justice she deserves.  the pain and fear that her precious little soul had to endure in her final moments makes me physically ill. i will continue to pray for her everyday and pray that swift justice ensues.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: June 15, 2009, 08:23:01 PM »

Welcome to Scared Monkeys Sunshine. Like you, I also hope and pray there will be justice for Nevaeh. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: June 15, 2009, 08:25:43 PM »

Sunshine ! welcome and good first post!
it takes forever to get on this forum doesn't it? a finer bunch of posters and mods you will never find on another forum!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.