March 29, 2024, 02:25:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 462312 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #880 on: June 17, 2009, 09:08:21 PM »

Tams, sure didn't offend me 

me neither...
I that this mother needs to have a lobotomy for subjecting her children to the sex offender babysitter....agree with you all that she has a real problem! who in their right mind would have this guy babysit your kids? I mean just look at him???? plus he had just gotten out of jail! these mothers nowadays ! desperadoes!!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #881 on: June 17, 2009, 10:19:33 PM »

Welcome fellow Monkeys
I was reading your posts on the petition and it sounds like a great idea. If I could do anything without leaving that would be great! I have 3 children and a husband at home that would probably frown on that idea but I did send the plea to our state legislature on the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act and I got 2 replys back. One from Carl Levin and one from Debbie Stabenow from Michigan and they said they are working on child safety issues and what I wrote they will take into consideration, so that looks good huh!

That's GREAT Momog7kids!  I would be very interested in learning what it is they are working on.  If you have a chance to reply, or obtain more information from them, that would be excellent!

My instinct tells me that I "know" you from the MonroeTalks site.  If you're the same person, I know you are passionate about this cause.  We welcome any effort you can put into it.  This will take a great deal of organization, and we're just scratching the surface. 

The good news is that, if Levin and Stabenow are truly working on child safety issues, then our efforts are more timely than ever.  The issue needs to be thrust to the forefront. 

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #882 on: June 18, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »

CNN Video - Panel discussing Nevaeh case - http://bit.ly/v3v7e

They can make an arrest anytime. LE and the media have been so quiet.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #883 on: June 18, 2009, 09:14:28 PM »

Just checking in for updates...........it's been mighty quiet.   Here's to hoping that the hammer comes down on somebody soon.               
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: June 18, 2009, 09:16:46 PM »

Just checking in for updates...........it's been mighty quiet.   Here's to hoping that the hammer comes down on somebody soon.               

yeah...what is taking so darn long???

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #885 on: June 18, 2009, 09:18:09 PM »

snip

I heard on HLN yesterday a SO had raped and sodomized a 4 yr old girl and he got 1 fricking yr in jail!  I assume he probably will be out in 4-5 months for "good" behavior! then will rape again since they get such a light sentence...just a  vacation for them being in jail for that amount of time...no work...3 squares a day, roof over there heads..then after they rest up, go find some more prey in our innocent little children..Meanwhile the child who was raped has a life sentence of fear and horror reliving what happened to them...Something wrong with this picture?

edited to separate  my comments

Go get 'em citizens of Oklahoma:

Plea deal for Okla. child rapist prompts outrage

Lawmakers are calling for removal of the judge who approved the deal

AP
Two state lawmakers are questioning a plea agreement that will allow David Harold Earls, shown in a 2003 photo, to serve only one year in jail on a conviction for raping a 4-year-old girl.

updated 9:33 p.m. ET, Tues., June 16, 2009

OKLAHOMA CITY - A plea deal that sent an ex-convict accused of raping a 4-year-old girl to jail for only a year has prompted outrage across Oklahoma, where lawmakers are calling for the removal of the judge who approved the deal and the attorney general is investigating a new set of abuse allegations.

Under the deal, David Harold Earls, 64, of the southeastern Oklahoma town of McAlester, pleaded no contest last month to first-degree rape and forcible sodomy. Normally, the rape charge carries a sentence of between five years to life in prison, but the deal he struck with prosecutors called for 19 years of his 20-year sentence to be suspended.

Residents have since peppered the local newspaper with e-mails and letters questioning why the sentence wasn't harsher.

"I think they should have dropped the hammer on him," said Chris Lenardo, 35, who works at a local barber shop in McAlester, a town of about 18,000 people about 120 miles southwest of Oklahoma City. "I'm still trying to figure out why he's only getting a year."

Testimony of girl had problems

Prosecutors said they only agreed to the plea bargain because the case rested largely on the testimony of the girl, now 5, who made contradictory statements during pretrial hearings. After initially testifying about the assault, she later said she couldn't remember the rape. At one point, the girl ran out of the room and down the hallway.

The case has generated more outrage as new accusations have surfaced. After Earls entered his plea, an estranged relative came forward to make a new allegation of a past rape. Although the statute of limitations likely has expired, it's possible the allegations could be used in another case against Earls if another victim comes forward, Attorney General Drew Edmondson said.

Edmondson said his office is looking at reviving a case against Earls involving the girl's brother. Those charges were dropped when the 5-year-old boy changed his story and said he couldn't recall the incident.

Such problems involving testimony from children in criminal cases aren't unusual, said Barbara Bonner, director of the Center on Child Abuse and Neglect at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.

"Obviously, the criminal justice system wasn't set up to pit a 4- or 5-year-old child against an adult," Bonner said. "Particularly in cases of young children, they have very high levels of anxiety associated with the abuse. They'll do anything to avoid talking about it."

Several state lawmakers want an investigation into the actions of Pittsburg County District Judge Thomas Bartheld, who signed off on the plea deal. The Oklahoma Legislature doesn't have the power to remove a judge, but lawmakers have introduced a resolution asking that a legal process be started in which a judge can be removed by a special state court.

"My general concern is: Are the courts protecting the children?" said Rep. Mike Ritze, R-Broken Arrow. "You have a convicted felon you're looking at. You've got a (family member) that's come forward and said she was raped by him. You've got the public outcry."

Judge says he followed the law
Bartheld did not return a telephone message left Tuesday at his office, but has previously said he followed the law.

Earls previously served nearly 10 years in prison for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and was released in 2006. He was baby-sitting the two children while their mother worked a second job, but Miller said the relationship between Earls and the mother is unclear.

A telephone message left Tuesday with Earls' attorney, Tim Mills, was not returned. He had previously told The Oklahoman newspaper he thought prosecutors didn't want to risk an acquittal.

District Attorney Jim Bob Miller said Tuesday the plea deal was both necessary and accepted with the approval of the girl's family. A medical examination of the girl found evidence of a sexual assault, but no DNA evidence tying Earls to the crime.

"If the little girl freezes on the stand, we literally have nothing," Miller said. "We don't have any doubt that he did this, but the problem was proving it in court."

THE DIRTBAG:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31395402/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

the dd had a story about this guy in its forums the other day and he had raped his own daughter as well.  she confronted him years later and his lame attempt of an apology was 'i was drunk, i don't remember, sorry.  she replied that her memories were very vivid.  she's out to find justice as well.

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #886 on: June 18, 2009, 09:25:46 PM »

Oh, and once again, a sad example of a "mother" putting her young children in harms way. . .

"Earls previously served nearly 10 years in prison for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and was released in 2006. He was baby-sitting the two children while their mother worked a second job, but Miller said the relationship between Earls and the mother is unclear."

There are just no words anymore for all this. If I was a young single mother, I would rather not ever look at a man again, then subject my kids to such insanity. I will never understand this thinking.
oh, no rose, i soo agree.  now i don't believe that your relationship with your child EVER ends, but in the eyes of the law it can at 18.  thats 18 years you have to give your child your best.  after that, its your call...do whatever you want.  become a stripper, date nasty men..whatever.  but in the scheme of things eighteen years is not a long time to wait while you do the best for your child...imo.  the penis will ALWAYS be there...no offense to male monkeys.

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #887 on: June 18, 2009, 09:37:58 PM »

yeah...what is taking so darn long???

It hasn't been all that long.  There's a lot of evidence that needs to be properly processed.  Forensic science will play a big part in this case.  I'm sure they're dotting the "i"s and crossing the "t"s.  Perfection takes time. . . Look at it as the calm before the storm.  I'd have a bad feeling if we were hearing trickles of information.  But to me, the sound of silence is deafening.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #888 on: June 19, 2009, 07:31:03 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:32:41 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #889 on: June 19, 2009, 07:48:00 AM »

Oh, and once again, a sad example of a "mother" putting her young children in harms way. . .

"Earls previously served nearly 10 years in prison for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and was released in 2006. He was baby-sitting the two children while their mother worked a second job, but Miller said the relationship between Earls and the mother is unclear."

There are just no words anymore for all this. If I was a young single mother, I would rather not ever look at a man again, then subject my kids to such insanity. I will never understand this thinking.

I could not agree more, Jess. And Rosie - I too find myself at a loss for words any more.

The viral spread of narcissism in our culture today has reached such epidemic proportions that it has clearly even permeated maternal judgement - which used to seem to be generally more of an instinct with mothers for their children. In our ME ME ME world of entitlement, so many 'parents' are putting their personal needs/wants even before the well being of thier children. It is frightening & sickening - and the consequences are being played out here right before our eyes on a regular basis.

What can we as concerned citizens & parents do to try to squelch the growth of this type of behavior in our country? What can we do to help educate the population? With so many wonderful and concerned monkeys pulling together, maybe we could come up with something to help? Or is it all futile because of rampant drug use? I just don't know . . . Big Heavy Sigh.

. . . But I do know that I would wholeheartedly get involved if we could come up with something . . . any ideas?

We need to think very creatively because you can't legislate against stupidity.  I know I've been saying this for awhile now, but I have several ideas.  I've been spending a lot of personal time on this, have been discussing many of my ideas with local focus groups, and have been getting very positive feedback.  I'm just reluctant to post anything publicly just yet.  The "naysayers" like the ideas, but then state "Good luck, you'll never get that passed" or something of that nature.  But I'm willing to try.  It all begins with numbers, though.  We need to mobilize mobilize mobilize as many people from as many different states as possible.  We won't make any progress with a trickle.  I am genuinely interested in knowing just how many people we can commit to the cause-- commit meaning they would be willing to sign their name on the dotted line of a petition or a piece of proposed legislation, take a trip to DC, meet in a focus group, and so forth.

Can I gauge everyone's interest in that?  If I were to put together a short pamphlet that summarizes the dangers facing our nation's kids, and the inadequacy of our current legal system to deal with those dangers, would you commit to using it to solicit support by emailing it or, better yet, printing it out and handing it to, coworkers, friends, relatives, neighbors, and so forth? 

I don't doubt for one minute that everyone's heart is in the right place.  But we need people who are willing to take action.  We need to become an army of sorts.

Jess - I am more than willing to get active - I am a grass root activist for several causes and always looking for another - I do believe we are in same state and close to the same area

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: June 19, 2009, 08:18:56 AM »

and of course, in the interview above^^^^^^...JB only talked about her fricking self and what she is going through...hardly a word if any about her precious daughter who is in her grave right now! I can not stand this woman...even if she is not directly involved...I still can't stand her...I feel nothing for her but contempt for allowing sex offenders around this little girl...even if they didn't do it, she still put Nevaeh in harms way in my opinion....and she should have kept a better watch on her own child imo

just reread the article again...nope...not about nevaeh and how much she misses her and loves her...all about herself as usual..grrrrrrr....

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: June 19, 2009, 08:21:41 AM »

David Earls...his daughter was on one of the talk shows via phone yesterday and she said that he raped her when she was 8 yrs old...the abuse started before that and it continued until she was 14 yrs old....no one contacted her from LE...and I believe if I heard her right that she had written a letter to let them know that he had abused her as well ....pretty sure that is what I heard....dear grand daughter was here so I couldn't have the volume up too loud...

Haddie McFaddies Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #892 on: June 19, 2009, 09:07:12 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys ~

Pink Angel ~ Like me, and probably the majority of us, I see you were up and hunting for news of the Nevaeh investigation as one of the first things you do in the morning... and most likely, one of the last thing you do at night. 

Thanks for posting that article.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #893 on: June 19, 2009, 09:42:46 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys ~

Pink Angel ~ Like me, and probably the majority of us, I see you were up and hunting for news of the Nevaeh investigation as one of the first things you do in the morning... and most likely, one of the last thing you do at night. 

Thanks for posting that article.
Thanks from me also. The last thing on Jennifer's mind should be worrying about rumors about herself. I don't know how much more selfish one could get 
Haddie McFaddies Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #894 on: June 19, 2009, 10:51:02 AM »

Ya ~ You know you're obsessed with waiting to hear from LE when you log on, find nothing, and end up staring at mizjay's Avatar and realizing it's as good as anything on TV
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #895 on: June 19, 2009, 12:17:02 PM »

From the above article on JB:  "They don't talk to me about it," she said. "But at this point, they can't say anything to me. They did tell me there would be a time and place when they can sit down and explain everything, but that now they can't say anything."

I find this statement quite encouraging. I'm sure a lot of progress is being made.  I still think it's a matter of closing a few loose ends.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #896 on: June 19, 2009, 01:35:13 PM »

From the above article on JB:  "They don't talk to me about it," she said. "But at this point, they can't say anything to me. They did tell me there would be a time and place when they can sit down and explain everything, but that now they can't say anything."

I find this statement quite encouraging. I'm sure a lot of progress is being made.  I still think it's a matter of closing a few loose ends.

I sure hope so Jess. You would think they would have test results back from any forensics back. Of course, they could have had to send them to another agency for future testing. You never know.

What did upset me about this article today, was like what was said above...Jennifer doesn't talk about her daughter, how much she misses her, how much she loves her and every day without her has been pure hell. How not knowing what kind of monster could have done this to her little baby, keeps her awake at night...it's just all about Jennifer and how this is affecting her and she wants to clear her name.  If my baby had just been buried a week ago, the last thing in my mind or on my mouth wouldn't be "gee, I wish people would stop spreading lies about me, those rumors just ain't true."

jmo ::shrugs::

I made another video if anyone wants to see it. A lot of the Monroe Talkers e-mailed me their pictures to be used in the video along with others I collected around the web.

Nevaeh - Forever in our hearts.
http://bit.ly/nevaeh2

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: June 19, 2009, 02:14:04 PM »

Pink...oh my gosh! that was so profoundly moving! I am so sad to see that! a real life, a real little girl with hopes and dreams and Princess thoughts dancing in her head....all gone...life is not fair...I am really losing some of my faith with each little angel that passes like this one did...

But what a beautiful tribute that you made to this little girl..thank you for that....xxxx

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #898 on: June 19, 2009, 02:19:45 PM »

Nice video, thanks for sharing it. Sort of hard to watch today. My children are away visiting relatives and I miss them 
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #899 on: June 19, 2009, 02:19:59 PM »

I sure hope so Jess. You would think they would have test results back from any forensics back. Of course, they could have had to send them to another agency for future testing. You never know.

What did upset me about this article today, was like what was said above...Jennifer doesn't talk about her daughter, how much she misses her, how much she loves her and every day without her has been pure hell. How not knowing what kind of monster could have done this to her little baby, keeps her awake at night...it's just all about Jennifer and how this is affecting her and she wants to clear her name.  If my baby had just been buried a week ago, the last thing in my mind or on my mouth wouldn't be "gee, I wish people would stop spreading lies about me, those rumors just ain't true."

jmo ::shrugs::

I made another video if anyone wants to see it. A lot of the Monroe Talkers e-mailed me their pictures to be used in the video along with others I collected around the web.

Nevaeh - Forever in our hearts.
http://bit.ly/nevaeh2

Wow, how touching.  I can't much more of this.  I'm praying for a resolution soon.  There just has to be. . . .

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.