April 24, 2024, 11:42:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 465443 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #920 on: June 20, 2009, 03:20:59 PM »

is it possible that the police could just be telling jb she isnt a suspect so that maybe she'll let her guard down..i mean obviously the reason this is taking so long is they are waiting for more autopsy results from the lab..

i agree with the previous poster who asked that if she wasnt sexually abused wouldnt that point the finger more towards mom...i think it definitely would

hopefully there will be a break in this case soon

Yes, that is quite possible.  But keep in mind, there's a lot of evidence that needs to be properly processed.  Autopsy is only a small piece of that.  And relatively speaking, it's not been all that long.  Some tests can take weeks--that's just the nature of the beast.  While it's not the best thing for our inquiring minds right now, the best thing for this case is silence by LE. 

There are legal implications associated with calling someone a suspect, which is why the phrase "person of interest" has become so popular these days.  I agree that if Nevaeh was not sexually abused that JB will become a focal point (assuming she's not already).  But whether she was implicated in Nevaeh's murder is a different question.  Remember, JB didn't pal around with the nicest of people.  And if the rumors are true, she had a fairly significant drug problem at one point, and perhaps still does.  She was even willing to commit money-crimes (ie, the home invasion and robbing the car dealership) presumably for money to pay a drug debt.  Drug "gangs" are ruthless.  They fit the characteristics of "pure evil" I mentioned in my earlier post.  This could equally as likely been a vengeance murder--one that JB may certainly know something about but is too afraid to come forward.  In cases like that, time is on LE's side.  Of course, all of this pure speculation.

One of the biggest problems I'm having with this case is this:  Locals have said that people were out all over the place on this beautiful Sunday evening on memorial day weekend.  Children were outside playing.  There were adults outside.  Locals say it was characteristic in this area to have people out all over the place on nice evenings like this, and there were.  Yet no one saw anything. So either someone's too afraid to come forward, or this didn't happen like JB said it happened.  One big question in my mind is whether there was an abduction in the first place.  The fact that this occurred the very first time JB was supposed to be baby sitting Nevaeh alone raises a huge red flag in my mind.  And the fact that JB reported that the last time she saw Nevaeh was inside the apartment building raises another.  The inconsistency between the sequence of events offered by JB and the sequence of events offered by Austin's mother (the mother of the child Nevaeh was playing inside with), raises another red flag.  And the fact that JB waited 2 hours to alert law enforcement raises a fourth.  I can't recall reading any confirmed reports of anyone seeing Nevaeh outside playing.  The statements taken from the children turned out to be false-or at least questionable.  And Nevaeh's scooter wasn't found lying on the ground somewhere-it was found propped up against the building.  (a) the likelihood that a 5 year old would do that is slim.  They're going to leave it lie where it falls.  And (b) it is highly unlikely that an abductor would take the time to do that.  I'm not suggesting an abduction was impossible.  I'm just finding it a little hard to swallow at this point. 

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: June 20, 2009, 03:43:10 PM »

Afternoon, monkey friends!

There seems to have been much speculation regarding the note at one time - even JB telling GK she would "take care of his things" while he was in jail (WTH?! - sounds like code to me...) - but I don't believe I have read anything that LE has said about the note other than "no comment at this time". Therefore, all is speculation only - - - but why would LE not be revealing anything with regards to that yet? I imagine, as mentioned above, they are waiting for all test results to come back before showing their hand, and this note may somehow be an important piece of the puzzle. Even if she was just professing her love for him, or whatever, it is tangible proof to a relationship with an SO, and therefore further proof that she put her daughter in harm's way. JMO.

Also - regarding JB still being a drug user - do we know for certain that she was using again since out of jail in Jan.? Or is this specultion as well? (Based on her past, of course.) How would she be feeding her habit now that LE has been watching her? Where would the money be coming from? Wouldn't LE have found drugs when they searched the apt., thus taken her in for that alone? (as per Hataway).

Just thinking.

I agree with you Tams. There's been much speculation about that note, none of which I find particularly credible.  I certainly mean no disrespect, but I find it hard to believe that a relative of this child would walk into a CVS store and openly make such comments.  Indeed, if what we know about that note is true, there are only 2 people that know what's in it--JB and LE.   JMHO

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #922 on: June 20, 2009, 06:21:27 PM »

Nothing new in the murder investigation
by Ray Kisonas , last modified June 20. 2009 1:01AM
Police involved in the Nevaeh Buchanan murder investigation have been unusually tight-lipped and have released scant information since the 5-year-old girl's body was recovered nearly two weeks ago.
Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield has made it a point to be the sole provider of all official information released to the media. Even members of his department, including some who are ranked, have said they are not privy to any details of the case.
Jennifer Buchanan and her mother, Sherry Buchanan, said they do not know any details regarding who could have been involved or how Nevaeh died. They said police have released very little information about how the case is progressing. While they understand, not knowing is still frustrating.
"They're just not leaking anything out," Jennifer Buchanan said.
"But I don't want to feel like I'm standing in their way. I don't want them to make no mistakes."
Sheriff Crutchfield said police have been in contact with the family members as recently as Friday.
"The medical examiner's office has not issued a cause of death yet," the sheriff said through e-mail. "As stated earlier, there was no apparent trauma to the body. Toxicology results are still pending."
He added that lab analysis has not been completed on evidence submitted to the State Police Crime Lab and no results have been reported to investigators other than the positive DNA identification on Nevaeh.
On the night that Nevaeh disappeared, her mother contacted police around 8 p.m. after searching the complex and vicinity. She said an Amber Alert was not issued until 12:30 a.m., more than four hours later. Tracking dogs were not at the scene, family members claim, until the next day.
"I am not going to question the investigator's decision on the appropriate time to issue an Amber Alert," the sheriff responded. "It was however requested that evening."
K-9 dogs, he added, were at the scene that night as well as the helicopter. Additional police dog searches and helicopter flights were conducted for the next few days. Ground searches also were conducted by officers, he added.

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090620/NEWS01/706209970

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #923 on: June 20, 2009, 06:31:58 PM »

I agree about the scooter, my girls are adults, but when they were smaller there is no way the scooter would have been leaning up against anything, it would have been just on the ground. That is suspicious to me also.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #924 on: June 20, 2009, 07:38:13 PM »

I agree about the scooter, my girls are adults, but when they were smaller there is no way the scooter would have been leaning up against anything, it would have been just on the ground. That is suspicious to me also.

I agree - my 10 y/o is lucky if he does not leave the scooter behind the car - he is forever looking for it because he can not remember where he left it. JB's story just keeps changing and she is too defensive for my taste.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #925 on: June 20, 2009, 08:28:35 PM »

sorry for being so close minded Monkeys, but i still think jb did it.  and if she didn't physically do it she arranged it.  i don't buy her story.

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #926 on: June 20, 2009, 09:06:56 PM »

sorry for being so close minded Monkeys, but i still think jb did it.  and if she didn't physically do it she arranged it.  i don't buy her story.

You don't have to be sorry for having an opinion. That's the great thing about being a monkey.  Smile

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: June 20, 2009, 10:52:18 PM »

Nothing new in the murder investigation
by Ray Kisonas , last modified June 20. 2009 1:01AM
Police involved in the Nevaeh Buchanan murder investigation have been unusually tight-lipped and have released scant information since the 5-year-old girl's body was recovered nearly two weeks ago.
Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield has made it a point to be the sole provider of all official information released to the media. Even members of his department, including some who are ranked, have said they are not privy to any details of the case.
Jennifer Buchanan and her mother, Sherry Buchanan, said they do not know any details regarding who could have been involved or how Nevaeh died. They said police have released very little information about how the case is progressing. While they understand, not knowing is still frustrating.
"They're just not leaking anything out," Jennifer Buchanan said.
"But I don't want to feel like I'm standing in their way. I don't want them to make no mistakes."
Sheriff Crutchfield said police have been in contact with the family members as recently as Friday.
"The medical examiner's office has not issued a cause of death yet," the sheriff said through e-mail. "As stated earlier, there was no apparent trauma to the body. Toxicology results are still pending."
He added that lab analysis has not been completed on evidence submitted to the State Police Crime Lab and no results have been reported to investigators other than the positive DNA identification on Nevaeh.
On the night that Nevaeh disappeared, her mother contacted police around 8 p.m. after searching the complex and vicinity. She said an Amber Alert was not issued until 12:30 a.m., more than four hours later. Tracking dogs were not at the scene, family members claim, until the next day.
"I am not going to question the investigator's decision on the appropriate time to issue an Amber Alert," the sheriff responded. "It was however requested that evening."
K-9 dogs, he added, were at the scene that night as well as the helicopter. Additional police dog searches and helicopter flights were conducted for the next few days. Ground searches also were conducted by officers, he added.

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090620/NEWS01/706209970

I am very happy to hear this.  They're not taking any chances.  LE is handling this superbly.  There will be Justice for Nevaeh.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #928 on: June 21, 2009, 01:06:45 PM »

Amen Jess, Justice for Nevaeh!

Here is a new article from the examiner. It's the same basically as one from the other day. I will just post a snip from the end that implies that they have spoken with Vernon Davis. The article from the other day, said something about him not being at Monroe address and that the neighbor said he lived in Toleldo.

Another man being questioned in the case is Vernon Davis, 33, who was convicted in May 2007 of having sex with a minor under 16, but served no prison time for the offense.

Nevaeh Buchanan case: Sex offender Kennedy remained free despite warnings from parole officer
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m6d21-Nevaeh-Buchanan-case-Convicted-sex-offender-Kennedy-remained-free-despite-warning-of-parole-officer

Haddie McFaddies Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #929 on: June 21, 2009, 03:26:28 PM »

Pink Angel ~ Just wanted to say you're looking very Patriotically Spiffy today ~ Love what you've done with your Avatar, and more importantly,  you're Memorial Tribute Video to Nevaeh was lovely. You did a wonderful job!  The timing on the lyrics of the song and the balloon release was perfect.  All who view it will be moved, I'm sure.

an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #930 on: June 21, 2009, 04:46:53 PM »

Pink Angel ~ Just wanted to say you're looking very Patriotically Spiffy today ~ Love what you've done with your Avatar, and more importantly,  you're Memorial Tribute Video to Nevaeh was lovely. You did a wonderful job!  The timing on the lyrics of the song and the balloon release was perfect.  All who view it will be moved, I'm sure.

an angelic monkey
I agree, it was very moving  an angelic monkey  And you are looking very cute in your patriotic avi 
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #931 on: June 21, 2009, 05:03:46 PM »

an angelic monkey
I agree, it was very moving  an angelic monkey  And you are looking very cute in your patriotic avi 

Thank you both very much. The song by the Williams Brothers was perfect for the way everyone is feeling over the loss of Nevaeh. The pictures that the MT'ers took worked well with it.

Thanks on the comments of my new "clothes". They were made by Ms. Brandi. She is such a talented monkey.

She also was kind enough to make a lovely graphic for Nevaeh's facebook group main page. The restrictions of the size that it needed to be and the fact that facebook won't let you upload animations, made it a special challenge for her but she did an amazing job. Purple was Nevaeh's favorite color.

Haddie McFaddies Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #932 on: June 22, 2009, 07:41:09 PM »

JessStar ~

"I can't recall reading any confirmed reports of anyone seeing Nevaeh outside playing. 

I knew I had read or seen a story showing an older man, I believe a resident of Charlotte Arms, reporting that he had seen Nevaeh playing outside.  Took me a couple of days to refind it ~

Gino Dalessio said he’s been interviewed by the FBI four times. He said he was one of the last people to see the girl, playing outside the Charlotte Arms Apartments.

“She was in there, playing,” Dalessio said, pointing to a corner of the parking lot. “Playing with another little boy … there was a lot of kids out here, they were just playing.”

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19613009/detail.html (article)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19762120/index.html (video)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: June 22, 2009, 11:29:00 PM »

JessStar ~

"I can't recall reading any confirmed reports of anyone seeing Nevaeh outside playing. 

I knew I had read or seen a story showing an older man, I believe a resident of Charlotte Arms, reporting that he had seen Nevaeh playing outside.  Took me a couple of days to refind it ~

Gino Dalessio said he’s been interviewed by the FBI four times. He said he was one of the last people to see the girl, playing outside the Charlotte Arms Apartments.

“She was in there, playing,” Dalessio said, pointing to a corner of the parking lot. “Playing with another little boy … there was a lot of kids out here, they were just playing.”

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19613009/detail.html (article)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19762120/index.html (video)

What's missing is the time line--when did he see her?  and, of course, "there was a lot of kids out here, they were just playing. . ."

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: June 24, 2009, 11:38:18 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:34:56 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Haddie McFaddies Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #935 on: June 24, 2009, 12:53:47 PM »

JessStar ~ Thank you for posting that lovely graphic of Nevaeh.  It really is pretty and Nevaeh looks beautiful and happy in that pic.

Would I have permission to use that as part of my signature line in a couple of other missing children forums I follow?  Nevaeh has found a special spot in my heart and  I would be honored if I could.

Thanks ~
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #936 on: June 24, 2009, 02:14:35 PM »

JessStar ~ Thank you for posting that lovely graphic of Nevaeh.  It really is pretty and Nevaeh looks beautiful and happy in that pic.

Would I have permission to use that as part of my signature line in a couple of other missing children forums I follow?  Nevaeh has found a special spot in my heart and  I would be honored if I could.

Thanks ~

I think the graphic you're talking about belongs to Pink Angel.  It is, indeed, a beautiful graphic.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #937 on: June 24, 2009, 02:24:16 PM »

Thanks ~

Mine too. . . I'll continue having this empty feeling inside until this case is solved.  Nevaeh pops into my mind several times a day, and I need to stop what I'm doing, take a deep breath, and say a prayer that perpetrator is caught.

I saw something interesting on Monroe News yesterday.  Apparently there was an attempted abduction of two little girls in Monroe (I can't remember the ages, but they were like 7 and 9 or something like that).  They managed to get away, but they described the vehicle as being a green or blue hatchback type vehicle.  That made me stop and think--could this be the green "minivan" type vehicle LE has been looking for?  Could there be a connection?  Hmmm. . .

By the way, on a more positive note, authorities have rescued the 4 year old girl (Haleigh) that went missing from Ohio after her mother fled with her and her sex offender boyfriend.  They located them at a ranch in California after receiving a tip from the area.  Thank God.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: June 24, 2009, 11:55:33 PM »

It is so sad that this case is still awaiting results due to a crime lab being swamped because of cut backs.  This just makes me sick.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #939 on: June 25, 2009, 12:45:21 AM »

Thanks ~

Mine too. . . I'll continue having this empty feeling inside until this case is solved.  Nevaeh pops into my mind several times a day, and I need to stop what I'm doing, take a deep breath, and say a prayer that perpetrator is caught.

I saw something interesting on Monroe News yesterday.  Apparently there was an attempted abduction of two little girls in Monroe (I can't remember the ages, but they were like 7 and 9 or something like that).  They managed to get away, but they described the vehicle as being a green or blue hatchback type vehicle.  That made me stop and think--could this be the green "minivan" type vehicle LE has been looking for?  Could there be a connection?  Hmmm. . .

By the way, on a more positive note, authorities have rescued the 4 year old girl (Haleigh) that went missing from Ohio after her mother fled with her and her sex offender boyfriend.  They located them at a ranch in California after receiving a tip from the area.  Thank God.

Girls accosted by stranger in Car

Two girls have told police that someone tried to coax them into a car about 7:20 pm Sunday in the first block W. Seventh St., Monroe Police Records Show.

The girls, ages 9 and 11, were riding bicycles near W Seventh and S. Monroe st at the time.  As they explained to police, they saw a blue or green hatchback vehicle with tape or plastic on the rear window parked in the area.  A man was in the back seat with the car door op0en.  He waved to the girls to come over, but instead the girls hurried home and told their father.

Their father went to the area to check for the suspect vehicle, but it already was gone.  Police then were called to check on the situation.

Officers later learned that a car matching that description has been seen in the neighborhood, but they do not yet know to whom it belongs.
--------------------------
You never know Jess! I hope it is being looked into.

Haddie, that graphic was made for Nevaeh's facebook group main page but you are welcome to use it. Smile

It is a shame about the long wait for all the forensic testing to be done but that is the way it is among most law enforcement agencies anymore. They are just not funded or staffed enough to keep up with all the crime that happens everyday. We can bail out banks and car companies but when it comes to getting murder evidence processed and rape kits processed, to help ID bad guys and get them off the streets......::shakes head::

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.