March 28, 2024, 12:15:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 462244 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1360 on: December 18, 2009, 09:44:02 AM »

that is awesome Jess! hoping that a lot of parents take their kiddos there to get registered!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1361 on: December 18, 2009, 12:39:28 PM »

that is awesome Jess! hoping that a lot of parents take their kiddos there to get registered!

We have been getting an incredible response.  As of last night, we have over 100 kids pre-registered.  Response has been so great that we're going out to buy more hats, gloves and socks so that every child can get them.  We're so happy.

All in the name and honor of our Little Angel, Nevaeh.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1362 on: December 18, 2009, 01:00:09 PM »

We have been getting an incredible response.  As of last night, we have over 100 kids pre-registered.  Response has been so great that we're going out to buy more hats, gloves and socks so that every child can get them.  We're so happy.

How wonderful  an angelic monkey Makes me so mad and sad that Nevaeh, and Sandra, and Lindsey, and Haleigh, and Adji, and the list goes on and on, can't enjoy this Christmas season. 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1363 on: December 19, 2009, 06:37:46 PM »

How wonderful  an angelic monkey Makes me so mad and sad that Nevaeh, and Sandra, and Lindsey, and Haleigh, and Adji, and the list goes on and on, can't enjoy this Christmas season. 

Just a word of encouragement -- some of the children will be having the most incredible celebration ever.  Our eyes have not seen, our ear have not heard, our minds cannot conceive the splendors these precious children are now enjoying.  As for me, it is the heavenly choir I long to hear.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1364 on: December 25, 2009, 10:33:16 AM »

Merry Christmas Little Angel. May Jesus give You a special hug and kiss from me today.

God Bless You.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1365 on: December 27, 2009, 08:02:19 AM »

2009 Year in Review: Triumph, tragedy, and turmoil mark area's top stories

snipped from the top story article:

Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, vanished on May 24 from the parking lot of the Monroe apartment complex where she lived with her mother and grandmother.

The girl's body was found June 4 along a remote stretch of the River Raisin. She had been covered in concrete. The autopsy indicated that she may have been buried alive.

The search that ensued after she disappeared involved hundreds of volunteers and authorities. The case sparked enormous interest and gained nationwide media exposure before its tragic ending. The girl's mother, Jennifer Buchanan, appeared on Nancy Grace and other national television programs.

The investigation, which was handled by a task force of local, state, and federal law enforcement, saw the arrest of two men, both convicted sex offenders, including an ex-boyfriend of Nevaeh's mother, but neither was charged in the crime.

The funeral in Monroe for Nevaeh attracted hundreds of mourners.

A glass-enclosed hearse carrying Nevaeh's small white casket and pulled by a Harley-Davidson stopped by Munson Park, where the girl liked to play.

A reward of $21,000 is being offered for information leading to the arrest of anyone responsible for the murder.http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091227/NEWS16/912270313/-1/SRMAIN

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1366 on: December 29, 2009, 01:29:06 PM »

Justice for Nevaeh.....We have not forgotten you and never will...

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1367 on: December 31, 2009, 08:12:28 PM »

Happy New Year Little Angel. How I wish to God you were here to celebrate with us.

You are always on my mind and forever in my heart. God Bless You, Nevaeh.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1368 on: January 03, 2010, 08:33:21 AM »

Article published January 03, 2010
Family still seeks answers, closure in girl's slaying
13,000 tips later, grisly Nevaeh case remains unsolved after 7 months

Relatives have photos of Nevaeh Buchanan, but what they want are answers to how the 5-year-old vanished and who killed her.

MONROE - Memories of Nevaeh Buchanan weigh heavily in the heart and mind of the slain girl's grandmother.

Sherry Buchanan said she hurts every day, but the holidays are among the hardest. She also is dreading Feb. 3, when her granddaughter would have turned 6 years old.

"I think about Nevaeh constantly. I just wish that she was here now," she said just days before Christmas. "I raised her from the first day she was born. I did everything with her."

Mrs. Buchanan recalled the morning after unwrapping gifts two years ago when Nevaeh crawled into her lap and hugged her tightly.

"She told me, 'Grandma, I love you,'•" Mrs. Buchanan said.

It was just more than seven months ago that Nevaeh went missing from the parking lot of Charlotte Arms Apartments, where she lived with her grandmother and her mother, Jennifer Buchanan.
Nevaeh, who was last seen riding a scooter in the complex on May 24, was found 10 days later in a shallow grave, encased in concrete, along the banks of the River Raisin.

The killing of Nevaeh was the area's most high-profile crime in 2009. Authorities said they cannot recall a more sensational or heinous slaying in the history of Monroe County or Monroe, a city settled by French-Canadians in the late 1700s before Michigan became a state.

The Monroe County Sheriff's Office has released no new details since the autopsy showed the little girl was smothered and may have been buried alive.

To date, no witnesses have come forward, and the case remains unsolved.

Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said a special task force of local, state, and federal law enforcement continues to investigate and the crime remains a high priority.

"Investigators are still pursuing leads and following up on additional information received. The investigation is far from having reached a dead end," he said in a written statement.

The case sparked enormous interest, dominated headlines in newspapers and on the Internet, and gained nationwide media exposure before two fishermen found her body in the shallow grave along the riverbank in Raisinville Township.

Jennifer Buchanan, and Nevaeh's father, Shane Hinojosa of West Toledo, appeared on CNN's Nancy Grace and other national TV programs.

"The Nevaeh Buchanan case has received far more national media coverage than any other homicide investigation in Monroe County's history," Sheriff Crutchfield said.

The tragedy has been followed with community projects designed to keep the victim's memory alive.

There have been candlelight vigils, spaghetti dinners, raffles, and other fund-raisers. Risa Thompson, a distant cousin of Nevaeh's, orchestrated the placement of a memorial park bench at a local elementary school and began a scholarship fund for needy preschoolers in Monroe.

The Westland, Mich., resident organized a Christmas party for needy children and their families, including many from Charlotte Arms Apartments. More than 150 children received toys, gloves, hats, and socks, and were treated to a Christmas dinner in Westland.

Ms. Thompson said she wants to keep Nevaeh's name alive in the community and keep the case in the public eye.

"I just want to make memories in her name and make her name stand out in a better light. I am trying to get justice served. She deserves it," she said.

Since Nevaeh's disappearance, the sheriff's office has fielded more than 13,000 tips, mostly from a phone line set up for the investigation.

Sheriff Crutchfield said investigators worked three-quarters of the tips into leads that were either cleared as unfounded or produced information that was helpful in the case.

"The tips have slowed down, which is normal. The task force is receiving tips weekly and the case is being worked on every day," he said.

Shortly after Nevaeh went missing, investigators focused on a pair of convicted sex offenders who were acquaintances of the mother, Jennifer Buchanan.

Investigators labeled George Kennedy and Roy Smith as "persons of interest" in the case. The men were never charged. They were sent back to prison to finish their original sentences after they were found guilty of violating parole by having contact with Nevaeh's family.

The investigation also has focused on the apartment complex where Nevaeh spent the last months of her short life.

Detectives assigned to the case last month distributed questions to residents, asking for written answers. The questions ask about their activities and whereabouts on the day Nevaeh went missing and whether they were the person responsible for the crime.

Diane Edwards said she and her family complied with the requests even though she had doubts about the questionnaire's usefulness.

"If we didn't fill it out, it would seem like we might have something to do with it," she said.

Sherry Buchanan said she prays each day for her granddaughter. She said she asks God to give Nevaeh this message: "Grandma loves you, baby, and don't ever think that I don't."

In her prayers, she also asks God that someone will come forward to admit to killing her granddaughter, providing answers to questions that will help bring her closure.

"I want to ask him, 'Why Nevaeh? Why did you pick her?'•" she said.

Lowell Kirk, a former Monroe resident who lives in Tennessee, was fishing with his stepson when they stumbled across Nevaeh's decaying, entombed body.

The men, who never had fished before at the spot on the river along Dixon Road near Ida-Maybee Road, spotted a block of poured concrete and noticed a bad smell.

The stepson, Guy Bickley of Frenchtown Township, chipped away a piece of the concrete, revealing what appeared to be human skin.

Mr. Kirk had made a surprise trip to Michigan to visit relatives, arriving at his stepson's home the day the girl went missing.

"The Lord sent me up there to find that little girl. I really believe that," he said. "I was on a mission from God. That's what it was."

A retired autoworker, Mr. Kirk said he often thinks about that day.

"Sometimes, I wake up, and she will come to my mind. I will never forget it," he said. "I got grandkids that age. I can't imagine that happening to them."
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100103/NEWS16/1030302

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
angel2stop
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1369 on: January 03, 2010, 02:57:18 PM »

Thank you for Posting the Article from the Blade. We will seek Justice for her no matter How long it takes. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts of Nevaeh it is so good to see people still keeping her memory alive! an angelic monkey
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1370 on: January 03, 2010, 04:47:49 PM »

Prayers for you sweet little girl an angelic monkey

O/T Jess can you please visit the Amber thread? There are some questions on private adoption agencies etc...Not sure if this is within your area of knowledge, I know you are not doing this but maybe you have some legal knowledge of it?
Thank you!
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1371 on: January 03, 2010, 08:21:14 PM »

No problem Tracygirl. I'll jump over and offer my 2 cents!

I saw that article about Nevaeh earlier today. It really breaks my heart. I want so bad to see this case solved. Please, everyone, keep Nevaeh in your thoughts and prayers, as she is always in mine. There's power in numbers!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1372 on: January 03, 2010, 08:36:16 PM »

No problem Tracygirl. I'll jump over and offer my 2 cents!

I saw that article about Nevaeh earlier today. It really breaks my heart. I want so bad to see this case solved. Please, everyone, keep Nevaeh in your thoughts and prayers, as she is always in mine. There's power in numbers!

JessStar, every single day!! with prayers for Sandra as well!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1373 on: January 03, 2010, 08:48:15 PM »

Thanks sister. You are an angel. I'd post you a monkey angel, but I'm on my mobile and can't get to them!  So take this heart instead!  <3

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1374 on: January 13, 2010, 12:36:50 AM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/01/12/blink-on-crime-exclusive/
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1375 on: January 24, 2010, 06:59:50 PM »

Hello everyone!  I hope all my fellow monkeys have been having a great new year. I wanted to stop in and just say that we continue working very hard to obtain justice for little Nevaeh.  Things are progressing I believe. The case is far from cold.

Anyway, Nevaeh's birthday is coming up. She would be turning 6 on February 3rd. I'd love to flood her with as many candles as we can. So if you get a minute please stop by and light one for her.

Thanks!   

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Nab

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1376 on: January 26, 2010, 10:34:51 AM »

Hello everyone!  I hope all my fellow monkeys have been having a great new year. I wanted to stop in and just say that we continue working very hard to obtain justice for little Nevaeh.  Things are progressing I believe. The case is far from cold.

Anyway, Nevaeh's birthday is coming up. She would be turning 6 on February 3rd. I'd love to flood her with as many candles as we can. So if you get a minute please stop by and light one for her.

Thanks!   

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Nab

will do Jess...
do you think that we are ever going to see an arrest in this case and justice for Nevaeh? sigh...it seems so long ago that we were all confident that someone would be arrested

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1377 on: January 28, 2010, 04:55:54 PM »

JessStar, I also posted this is Sandra's thread.

From Resignation
by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

She is not dead, – the child of our affection, –
   But gone unto that school
Where she no longer needs our poor protection,
   And Christ himself doth rule.

In the great cloister’s stillness and seclusion,
   By guardian angels led,
Safe from temptation, safe from sin’s pollution,
   She lives, who we call dead.

Day after day we think what she is doing
   In those bright realms of air;
Year after year her tender steps pursuing,
   Behold her grown more fair.

Thus do we walk with her, and keep unbroken
   The bond which nature gives,
Thinking that our remembrance, though unspoken,
   May reach her where she lives.

Not as a child shall we again behold her;
   For when with raptures wild
In our embraces we again enfold her,
   She will not be a child;

But a fair maiden, in her Father’s mansion,
   Clothed with celestial grace;
And beautiful with all the soul’s expansion
   Shall we behold her face.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1378 on: January 28, 2010, 10:43:14 PM »

Wow sister, that is really beautiful. The only way I know to comfort myself is to have the thoughts and feelings mentioned in that poem. Otherwise my heart hurts like never before.

Cookie, to answer your question, yes, I strongly believe there will be an arrest and this case will be solved. I can't wait for the day to come when I am standing in the courtroom watching the sob being arraigned for murder-an sob that not only stole Nevaeh's life away, but stole so much from and caused so much pain to so many people. There will be Justice for Nevaeh.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1379 on: February 02, 2010, 01:45:28 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEVAEH! (February 3rd)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.