March 28, 2024, 07:29:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 462216 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1540 on: May 21, 2011, 07:19:57 PM »

At a time when we need more heroes, Justice for Nevaeh shines brightly!!  Congratulations!   

Thanks! 

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1541 on: May 25, 2011, 04:49:56 AM »

Whistles next tool in Nevaeh push on safety
by Doug Donnelly , last modified May 24. 2011 11:16AM

Whistles will be the next tool in helping area children feel safer about playing in their community.

Today is the two-year anniversary of the disappearance of Nevaeh Buchanan, a 5-year-old from Monroe who went missing while playing near her home and was found dead several days later.

"The innocent death of a 5-year-old girl is driving us the most," Risa Thompson of Garden City, vice president of Justice for Nevaeh and a relative of Nevaeh's family, said this morning. "It's a heinous crime no one will ever be able to understand."

To honor the girl's memory, the Justice for Nevaeh group will dedicate two memorials on Saturday in her name.

The first dedication will take place at 10 a.m. The group will be planting a tree at Riverside Early Learning Center, 77 N. Roessler St.

The second event will take place at 1:30 p.m., which will be a ribbon cutting ceremony for Nevaeh's Playscape. The play area is located at the Moose Family Center, 1320 N. Macomb St. The playscape project has been in the works for about six months.

"The Moose is the family place where we hold all of our events," Ms. Thompson said.

The dedication ceremonies are open to the public.
 ::snipping2::
Ms. Thompson said the tips still are coming in.  "The case does not become a cold case until there is no place left to look," she said. "We still get tips. I know law enforcement are getting tips. There are still places left to look in this case."

On the Web:
Justice for Nevaeh: http://sites.google.com/site/justicefornevaeh/

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=%2F20110523%2FNEWS01%2F705249999
Edit-snipped article.  We can only post the link and partial article.  MB
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:25:19 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1542 on: May 25, 2011, 04:51:58 AM »

Family, friends of Nevaeh Buchanan still searching for answers two years after her death
Submitted by Nick Bade
Tuesday, May 24th, 5:54 pm
By Colleen Wells - bio | email

MONROE, MI. - The tears continue for Carla Nash. Two years ago, her granddaughter, 5 year-old Nevaeh Buchanan, disappeared from the Charlotte Arms Apartment Complex in Monroe, Michigan.  Her body was found nearly two weeks later, buried along the banks of the River Raisin, just outside of Monroe.  The case remains unsolved.

"We thought there would be answers by now. At least on the road to answers or something, but nothing," said Nash.

Despite thousands of tips and a 50,000 dollar reward, investigators have yet to make an arrest in her death.

"She's not been forgotten, and we're going to see to it that she never is. We're going to fight for justice for her, and we're not going to stop until we get justice for her," said Nash.

Volunteers with the group Justice for Nevaeh continue to keep the case in the public eye.  Every month, they hang posters and remind the public of the reward.

"We haven't lost any hope. People want to try to say this is cold case. It’s not a cold case. A cold case is classified when there are no more tips coming in, no more places to look. There is plenty left in that aspect. We're still getting tips, I'm sure law enforcement is still getting tips," said Risa Smith, Vice President of Justice for Nevaeh.

Volunteers will dedicate a playground in Nevaeh's honor on Saturday, May 28 at 1:30 p.m. at the Moose Family Center in Monroe.

http://monroe.wtol.com/news/crime/family-friends-nevaeh-buchanan-still-searching-answers-two-years-after-her-death/55513
Edit to snip article.  We can only post the link and partial article.  MB
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:26:59 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1543 on: May 25, 2011, 08:28:58 AM »

It's heartwarming to see the good works continue.  Praying for justice for Navaeh.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1544 on: May 25, 2011, 02:07:34 PM »

Wow Jess! We are proud of you! WTG!
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1545 on: May 30, 2011, 09:07:33 AM »

Thanks everyone!  We had a GREAT day of memorial dedications for this Little Angel on Saturday.  It started early Saturday morning when we planted a Flowering Apple Tree outside of Nevaeh's pre-school teacher's classroom (at her request!) at the Riverside Early Learning Center in Monroe.  Many thanks to Snow's Nursery for donating this wonderful tree.  The Apple Blossom Tree is a symbol of love and healing.  It's a gorgeous tree with an very very special meaning.

In the afternoon, we dedicated a beautiful playground which we are calling Nevaeh's Playscape.  Many thanks to all of the volunteers and donors that made this playscape possible!  Donations were made only in kind--not in cash!  This community has really shown us incredible support for the past 2 years.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And many many thanks to the slew of media outlets that covered our dedications.  We could not keep Nevaeh's message out there without you.

If I do this the right way, the link below should open up to a youtube video from one of the news stations that covered the Playscape dedication.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOm8v5q0qbU&feature=player_detailpage

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1546 on: May 30, 2011, 09:10:55 AM »

Nevaeh remembered with tree plantings, playscape dedication
by Paula Wethington , last modified May 29. 2011 12:51AM

Justice for Nevaeh dedicated two trees and a playground Saturday in the memory of Nevaeh Buchanan of Monroe.

The 5-year-old girl was reported missing May 24, 2009, from her Macomb St. neighborhood and found dead several days later.

A year ago, a bench was dedicated in her memory at Riverside Learning Center.

This year's anniversary remembrances involved flowering apple trees placed at Riverside Learning Center and at Monroe Moose Family Center 884. A playground called Nevaeh's Playscape also was dedicated Saturday at the Moose lodge.

The family was among the hundreds of people who participated in search parties for the missing girl until two fishermen stumbled across her body along the River Raisin in a remote area of Raisinville Township off Dixon Rd.

"We searched for her every day — wherever they told us to go," Eva Poupard said.

Although no arrest has been made in the case, there have been repeated poster canvassing attempts in hopes of getting information that investigators can use.

Eva Poupard is among those who expect justice will be served someday.
"Nevaeh touched all our hearts," she said.

The trees were donated by Snow Nursery of Monroe, and other donors helped with the playground expenses.

On the Web:
Justice for Nevaeh: http://sites.google.com/site/justicefornevaeh/
Edit - to snip article.  We can only post the link and partial article.  MB

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110529/NEWS01/705299989/-1/NEWS
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:32:08 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1547 on: May 30, 2011, 09:15:26 AM »

Nevaeh Buchanan dedication

Updated: Sunday, 29 May 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Published : Sunday, 29 May 2011, 12:17 AM EDT

* Sharia Davis
    * FOX Toledo News reporter

MONROE, Mich. (WUPW) - It's been two years since the death of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan. On Saturday the community honored her name by dedicating a playground for young children.

The new playscape is set up near the Moose Family Center in Monroe.

On Saturday kids got to play in the sand and enjoy the new swing set.

The group Justice for Nevaeh says building this playground will help keep her name alive.

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/nevaeh-buchanan-dedication

NOTE:  There's a great video on FoxToledo too-be sure to check it out!

Edit- to snip article.  JessStar - we can only post the link and partial articles.  Muffy
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:32:49 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1548 on: May 31, 2011, 10:32:31 PM »

Thanks Muffy for the edits. I've been a bad, bad monkey....   

Here are some photographs of our May 27, 2011 dedication ceremonies.  Enjoy!

http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/jessstar1234/In%20Honor%20of%20Nevaeh%20Buchanan/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1549 on: June 01, 2011, 08:35:23 PM »

Thanks Muffy for the edits. I've been a bad, bad monkey....   

Here are some photographs of our May 27, 2011 dedication ceremonies.  Enjoy!

http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/jessstar1234/In%20Honor%20of%20Nevaeh%20Buchanan/

Thanks for the photos of the dedication ceremonies.  an angelic monkey
No worries about the edits.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MOMDET
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1550 on: June 14, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »

Thanks for sharing the photos, but I am wondering why I hadn't seen this Grandma before?  I know that this must be Neveah's paternal Grandmother; which leads me to my next question...where are her parents for this dedication, and the Grandmother she resided with?  I find this ODD!!!
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1551 on: June 15, 2011, 09:47:42 PM »

Thanks for sharing the photos, but I am wondering why I hadn't seen this Grandma before?  I know that this must be Neveah's paternal Grandmother; which leads me to my next question...where are her parents for this dedication, and the Grandmother she resided with?  I find this ODD!!!

I don't know why you haven't seen Carla before. She has been in the picture since the day Nevaeh disappeared. As for the immediate family, I can't answer for them.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1552 on: October 30, 2011, 03:09:36 PM »

Photos from the Justice for Nevaeh Monster Madness Halloween Party are here!  Be sure to check them out--we had a lot of great costumes!

http://photobucket.com/2001Halloween

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1553 on: October 30, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »

I went through the pictures and it looks like the Monster Madness Halloween Party was well attended and fun!  So many cute kids in costumes.      I really liked the young lady dressed in the green vintage hat, pearls, cardigan and glasses.  It's neat when a costume can be put together like that.  But on the other hand I was brought back in time to when my kids were little by the child with the blue Care Bear costume.  I think we still have the Care Bears in storage 25 years later.    

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1554 on: November 07, 2011, 09:05:43 PM »

I went through the pictures and it looks like the Monster Madness Halloween Party was well attended and fun!  So many cute kids in costumes.      I really liked the young lady dressed in the green vintage hat, pearls, cardigan and glasses.  It's neat when a costume can be put together like that.  But on the other hand I was brought back in time to when my kids were little by the child with the blue Care Bear costume.  I think we still have the Care Bears in storage 25 years later.    

That's great MB!  We had so much fun.  We had to break the party into two sessions because within a few hours of announcing it we had already neared capacity of our hall (225 people!).  I stuffed over 300 goody bags for the kids and gave just about all of them out.  Based on our RSVPs, we had well over 500 people between to two sessions.  After the two sessions were over, we sponsored a Trunk or Treat and had over 25 volunteers open their car trunks in our parking lot.  The line of kids waiting almost circled the building.  All of them were so darn cute. 

Our Christmas Party is coming up fast--so we're back in planning mode.  I made a promise to this Little Angel--that I would never give up on her--and I won't.  I have a wonderful partner in all of this--without her I couldn't do this myself.  But there will be Justice for Nevaeh.  I've never been more certain about anything in my entire life.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1555 on: November 07, 2011, 09:08:24 PM »

By the way, the young lady you mentioned won the contest for Best Costume.  She had the best personality--you could tell she's a little performer.  When she introduced herself, she said "My name is ___ and I'm a feisty old grandma" as she shook her "pocket book" at the crowd.  I was in tears she was so funny.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1556 on: November 07, 2011, 09:16:22 PM »

Jess...I sure hope that you are right that there will be justice for Nevaeh..I hope while I am still young..sigh...

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1557 on: November 07, 2011, 09:22:35 PM »

god bless you jess star.  nevaeh is lucky to have an angel on earth looking out for her and making sure her memory and the pursuit of justice lives on.  i truly believe justice will be served in this case
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1558 on: November 07, 2011, 10:40:34 PM »

By the way, the young lady you mentioned won the contest for Best Costume.  She had the best personality--you could tell she's a little performer.  When she introduced herself, she said "My name is ___ and I'm a feisty old grandma" as she shook her "pocket book" at the crowd.  I was in tears she was so funny.

Maybe that's why I noticed her.  It wasn't just the costume.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1559 on: November 07, 2011, 10:42:00 PM »

That's great MB!  We had so much fun.  We had to break the party into two sessions because within a few hours of announcing it we had already neared capacity of our hall (225 people!).  I stuffed over 300 goody bags for the kids and gave just about all of them out.  Based on our RSVPs, we had well over 500 people between to two sessions.  After the two sessions were over, we sponsored a Trunk or Treat and had over 25 volunteers open their car trunks in our parking lot.  The line of kids waiting almost circled the building.  All of them were so darn cute. 

Our Christmas Party is coming up fast--so we're back in planning mode.  I made a promise to this Little Angel--that I would never give up on her--and I won't.  I have a wonderful partner in all of this--without her I couldn't do this myself.  But there will be Justice for Nevaeh.  I've never been more certain about anything in my entire life.

an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.