April 16, 2024, 03:34:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan #2 6/05/09 -  (Read 463206 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1580 on: May 28, 2012, 08:56:51 AM »

an angelic monkey  Honoring the life of and memory of Nevaeh.   an angelic monkey

And thanking all Veterans, past, present and future. 

Thank you JessStar  I'll check out the facebook. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1581 on: June 03, 2012, 11:39:59 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/se_mich/vigil-planned-in-memory-of-slain-girl
Vigil held in memory of Nevaeh Buchanan
Nevaeh Buchanan event to happen Sunday night

Published May 27, 2012, Updated May 28, 2012

MONROE, Mich. (AP) - About 50 people attended a candlelight vigil in memory of a 5-year-old Monroe girl who disappeared three years ago and was found buried near a river.

The event in honor of Nevaeh Buchanan got under way Sunday night at St. Mary's Park in Monroe.

The Monroe Evening News says the vigil was hosted by the Justice for Nevaeh committee.

The vigil comes as police say they're getting closer to arresting the person responsible for kidnapping and killing Nevaeh.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1582 on: June 03, 2012, 11:42:10 PM »

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/monroe_county/vigil-held-on-three-year-anniversary-of-disappearance-of-nevaeh-buchanan
Vigil marks three-year anniversary of disappearance of Nevaeh Buchanan
May 27, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1583 on: June 03, 2012, 11:46:54 PM »

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/news/Vigil-held-in-memory-of-slain-Monroe-girl/-/4714498/14241610/-/ktu8q4z/-/index.html
Vigil held in memory of slain Monroe girl
Candlelight vigil held in memory of Monroe girl whose body was found buried 3 years ago

May 28, 2012

MONROE, Mich. -

About 50 people attended a candlelight vigil in memory of a 5-year-old Monroe girl who disappeared three years ago and was found buried near a river.
The event in honor of Nevaeh Buchanan got under way Sunday night at St. Mary's Park in Monroe.
The vigil was hosted by the Justice for Nevaeh committee.
The vigil comes as police say they're getting closer to arresting the person responsible for kidnapping and killing Nevaeh.

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield recently told the paper investigators have "an eye on a person or persons" and have "significantly narrowed" their focus.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1584 on: June 03, 2012, 11:54:16 PM »

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2012/05/28/Vigil-for-Nevaeh-marks-3rd-year-since-slaying-1.html
Vigil for Nevaeh marks 3rd year since slaying
Friends, family gather, pray that an arrest will be made

May 28, 2012

Two men described as “persons of interest” were arrested and sent back to prison on unrelated crimes. George Kennedy and Roy Lee Smith remain locked up in Michigan prisons on parole violations.

Kennedy, 42, a convicted sex offender who had been in a relationship with Nevaeh’s mother, has a maximum discharge date of Feb. 1, 2014.

Smith, 51, also a convicted sex offender and an acquaintance of Jennifer Buchanan, has a maximum discharge date of 2035.

Yet there have been no other arrests.

The FBI and Monroe County Sheriff’s Office have been tight-lipped about what they may have uncovered while combing through tips and developing leads.

Risa Smith, vice president of Justice for Nevaeh, said the organization continues to be active in keeping alive the memory of the child and the investigation of Nevaeh’s killer.

Justice for Nevaeh holds four annual events including Christmas, Easter, Halloween parties, and it has a reward fund of up to $50,000 for information leading to the arrest, and conviction, of the person who killed the girl.

She reminded people that the group would be conducting its monthly distribution of reward posters on Wednesday at the Moose Lodge in Monroe. She urged people to think back to that day when the girl disappeared and try to remember additional details.

Although people are saying they have no specific information, they are hopeful law enforcement authorities have a good suspect.

“Lots of people speculate who it is,” Ms. Smith said. “As far as who knows … God, Nevaeh, and hopefully, law enforcement,” to which Ms. Nash added, “and the person who did it.”

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1585 on: December 22, 2013, 10:44:26 PM »

It's been a LONG time since I've posted here on SM.  But that certainly doesn't mean we've given up on Nevaeh!  We just finished hosting our Fifth Annual Justice for Nevaeh Christmas Party!  We had a blast.  Over 170 kids attended along with their families and friends.  We provided a free hot meal for everyone (turkey, ham, mostaciolli, salad, breadsticks, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, desserts!), free games, prizes, caroling, Santa!  We also proudly offered Nevaeh's Secret Santa Shop-  a place where financially challenged families can "shop" for free Christmas Presents for their kids.  Our goal is to make sure every child has a few presents under the tree on Christmas morning. 

We still sponsor 4-5 parties each year.  Each party has a safety message for kids.  This time we were joined by the Law Enforcement Education Program who provided free Child Identification kits for all kids in attendance.  It's a fantastic program.  You can read about it here:  http://www.leepusa.com/kids-fingerprinting-program/

Monroe News did a nice story on our Christmas Party.  If you're interested, you can read about it here:  http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/dec/22/memory-nevaeh-buchanan-kept-alive-christmas-party/

As I said long ago, we will never give up on Nevaeh.  It's going on 5 years, and we are still going strong-- and growing stronger and stronger, and bigger and bigger, every year.

God Bless all of you, and Merry Christmas!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1586 on: December 23, 2013, 08:49:49 PM »

It's been a LONG time since I've posted here on SM.  But that certainly doesn't mean we've given up on Nevaeh!  We just finished hosting our Fifth Annual Justice for Nevaeh Christmas Party!  We had a blast.  Over 170 kids attended along with their families and friends.  We provided a free hot meal for everyone (turkey, ham, mostaciolli, salad, breadsticks, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, desserts!), free games, prizes, caroling, Santa!  We also proudly offered Nevaeh's Secret Santa Shop-  a place where financially challenged families can "shop" for free Christmas Presents for their kids.  Our goal is to make sure every child has a few presents under the tree on Christmas morning. 

We still sponsor 4-5 parties each year.  Each party has a safety message for kids.  This time we were joined by the Law Enforcement Education Program who provided free Child Identification kits for all kids in attendance.  It's a fantastic program.  You can read about it here:  http://www.leepusa.com/kids-fingerprinting-program/

Monroe News did a nice story on our Christmas Party.  If you're interested, you can read about it here:  http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/dec/22/memory-nevaeh-buchanan-kept-alive-christmas-party/

As I said long ago, we will never give up on Nevaeh.  It's going on 5 years, and we are still going strong-- and growing stronger and stronger, and bigger and bigger, every year.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1587 on: December 23, 2013, 09:17:20 PM »

BBM  ^^^

God bless you for your hard work for the children and your dedication and determination to find Justice for Nevaeh!   an angelic monkey

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1588 on: December 26, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »

JessStar, so good to hear from you.  I was sure you were keeping busy for the children in Nevaeh's name.
Was thinking about you/her a couple of days ago -- what was intended for harm you and your friends have turned into good.  Can't help but wonder how many lives you have saved by your efforts to bring awareness to children and their parents.  Some things in this life can never be measured -- and I know you don't do it for this reason -- but I think someday you will know and be amazed at how far your efforts have gone into our world.  May God continue to bless!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1589 on: January 03, 2014, 11:09:48 PM »

JessStar, so good to hear from you.  I was sure you were keeping busy for the children in Nevaeh's name.
Was thinking about you/her a couple of days ago -- what was intended for harm you and your friends have turned into good.  Can't help but wonder how many lives you have saved by your efforts to bring awareness to children and their parents.  Some things in this life can never be measured -- and I know you don't do it for this reason -- but I think someday you will know and be amazed at how far your efforts have gone into our world.  May God continue to bless!

Thank you!   

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1590 on: January 08, 2014, 04:01:58 PM »

Bless u Jess star.
Any cloer to an arrest ?

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1591 on: January 27, 2014, 07:30:59 AM »

Hi cookie!  LE says yes.  But they don't say much more.  So who knows for sure.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1592 on: January 27, 2014, 06:50:25 PM »

Hi cookie!  LE says yes.  But they don't say much more.  So who knows for sure.   

I'm certain you would let us know if there are any new developments in the case that can be given to the public JessStar, but like Cookie, I too wonder "any closer to an arrest'.    I keep an eye on this thread and on the media, and I hope the day isn't too far off there will be not only an arrest, but a conviction. 

We're still waiting for justice for Nevaeh.    an angelic monkey 

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1593 on: September 08, 2014, 12:43:06 PM »

I just moved to ohio due to my husbands job.  We are right near the michigan border and I passed through when flying into and out of Detroit this weekend.  I drove over the river raisin and broke into tears.  I hope there is an arrest soon.  Now that I'm in the area please let me know if there's anything i can do to help the justice for nevaeh group.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1594 on: September 08, 2014, 07:25:19 PM »

I just moved to ohio due to my husbands job.  We are right near the michigan border and I passed through when flying into and out of Detroit this weekend.  I drove over the river raisin and broke into tears.  I hope there is an arrest soon.  Now that I'm in the area please let me know if there's anything i can do to help the justice for nevaeh group.

BBM  I hope there's an arrest soon.  Justice is a long time coming...

Good luck with your relocation sunshine.  Hope you get settled in soon. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1595 on: September 09, 2014, 09:26:21 AM »

BBM  I hope there's an arrest soon.  Justice is a long time coming...

Good luck with your relocation sunshine.  Hope you get settled in soon. 

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1596 on: September 27, 2014, 11:31:59 PM »

Hi Sunshine!  Run on over to our Facebook site:  https://www.facebook.com/jesstar.justicefornevaeh
or check out our Website:  https://sites.google.com/site/justicefornevaeh/

My contact information is there.  We have our Annual Monster Madness Halloween Party coming up in October.  If you want to help, send me a message!  We are a very active group and a 501(c)(3) public charity.  We love what we do, and it's all in Honor of Nevaeh!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1597 on: March 26, 2015, 10:34:39 PM »

It's been a while since I've posted here-- I hope all my "monkey" friends are doing well. 

It's so hard to believe that we are coming up on 6 years and Nevaeh still has not received the justice she deserves.  The case remains active.  Law Enforcement believes they have the right guy in jail, but he hasn't been charged with anything related to Nevaeh.  So we won't give up until that happens.

Justice for Nevaeh is also in its 6th year.  We've grown nicely and continue to pursue justice on Nevaeh's behalf.  This Saturday we will be hosting our 25th event in Her honor-- our Annual Spectacular Easter Egg Hunt and Party. HUNDREDS of kids turn out to honor Nevaeh at each of our parties, and this one will be no different.  We are also doing something very special this time around--we are having all the kids decorate a ceramic tile for Nevaeh.  We are then going to assemble them in mosaic fashion and install them into a permanent memorial.  It's going to be beautiful. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1598 on: March 27, 2015, 08:28:36 AM »

It's been a while since I've posted here-- I hope all my "monkey" friends are doing well. 

It's so hard to believe that we are coming up on 6 years and Nevaeh still has not received the justice she deserves.  The case remains active.  Law Enforcement believes they have the right guy in jail, but he hasn't been charged with anything related to Nevaeh.  So we won't give up until that happens.

Justice for Nevaeh is also in its 6th year.  We've grown nicely and continue to pursue justice on Nevaeh's behalf.  This Saturday we will be hosting our 25th event in Her honor-- our Annual Spectacular Easter Egg Hunt and Party. HUNDREDS of kids turn out to honor Nevaeh at each of our parties, and this one will be no different.  We are also doing something very special this time around--we are having all the kids decorate a ceramic tile for Nevaeh.  We are then going to assemble them in mosaic fashion and install them into a permanent memorial.  It's going to be beautiful. 

(Bolded by me)
Hoping and praying there will be justice for Nevaeh soon. Six years is an awfully long time to wait.   

I really love the idea of having the kids decorate a ceramic tile for Nevaeh to be assembled into a mosaic as a memorial.  I look forward to seeing a photo of it when it's finished. 

JessStar, I always watch this space, waiting for the time you can post that the wheels of justice are rolling...  Thank you for the update.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1599 on: March 28, 2015, 11:15:48 PM »

You bet MuffyBee.  We had an incredible turnout.  Hundreds of kids.  Wait until you see the tiles.  I'm so proud of our kids.  They did such a great job.  I'll post some pictures of the tiles themselves.  The mosaic is going to be gorgeous.  I hope it turns out as I envision it in my mind!

(Bolded by me)
Hoping and praying there will be justice for Nevaeh soon. Six years is an awfully long time to wait.   

I really love the idea of having the kids decorate a ceramic tile for Nevaeh to be assembled into a mosaic as a memorial.  I look forward to seeing a photo of it when it's finished. 

JessStar, I always watch this space, waiting for the time you can post that the wheels of justice are rolling...  Thank you for the update.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.