April 25, 2024, 01:55:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 65th Anniversary of D-Day Invasion of Normandy  (Read 2024 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: June 06, 2009, 11:51:29 AM »

65th Anniversary of D-Day Invasion … Thank you to the Greatest Generation on The Longest Day

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/06/06/65th-anniversary-of-d-day-invasion-thank-you-to-the-greatest-generation-on-the-longest-day/

Today marks the date of the 65th anniversary of the D-Day invasion  (must watch video) that took place on June 6, 1944. Thank you to the men who took part in this Longest Day who took part in the Normandy invasion as they attempted to gain a foothold on Utah Beach, Omaha Beach, Gold Beach, Juno Beach and Sword Beach . The Allies who fought tyranny … the heroes who helped win the war.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 10:18:30 PM »

Thank you Red, for giving us this tribute for the brave men of the Normandy invasion. I have such respect and awe for what they did, and the sacrifices so many of them made. Some never even made it to the beach as their boats were out too far, and when they jumped off, the weight of their equiptment took them straight to the bottom. The horrors and bravery from that battle will never be forgotten. I cannot even fathom what they went through all these years later.

Thank you again for your tribute. I only wish that all of these young men would have made it and that they would still be here with their good advice and experience to help guide our country through this troubling time. I am very worried about the United States of America, and our world.    an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 11:43:24 PM »

Thank you so much Red and God Bless you for posting this tribute!!

salut GOD BLESS ALL of our Soldiers; past, present and future!! salut

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.