April 30, 2024, 11:15:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling on Ebay  (Read 3218 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 08, 2009, 07:55:24 AM »

Has anyone ever sold things on ebay?  What kinds of things? 

How did you get started?

Are there any hints or things to do or to look out for? 

How do you know what to charge for shipping? 

Any tips?

Thanks.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 05:19:55 PM »

Hi, Bearly!

I've sold/bought on eBay for about 8 years.  When my Mom sold her home and moved down to our town, there was 40+ years to stuff to part with . . . I won't get started with that.  ha.

At that time, it was *not* difficult to get started.  Now, in my opinion, it is a different story.

I do not use eBay to SELL at all, now.  Below are the reasons:

~ Seller MUST have a PayPal account....I had one years ago for eBay only, and it was a mess.
~ Buyers are lead to believe they can ONLY pay using PayPal.... that is not strictly the case, as a buyer may contact seller before a bid is made, asking seller if they will accept a check or money order.  Many buyers (especially new/infrequent users) don't realize this.
~ Buyer is NOT ALLOWED to specify on their listing that they are certainly willing to accept other payment forms.
~ These ridiculous changes were put into action when eBay bought PayPal.  eBay charges you for your listing, your sales, and also a percentage from PayPal.
~ There are a handful of items they won't force you to use with PayPal....cars, etc.

Well, I've rambled wayyyyy too much, and you've probably dozed off.  If I can answer anything else, I certainly will.  You can obviously tell how I feel about eBay now.  greedy crooks.  I need to get over it, I know.

I'll check back later.

By the way, I'm sure there are some monkeys around who are big, big fans....they can help you out, too!
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:21:03 PM »

Wow ~ how embarrassing ~ I'm still decked out for Easter!    Help me, CBB!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 06:36:07 PM »

YES I have bought and sold on Ebay and I love it.
I use Pay Pal it's $$$ but you get your money all of the time.
Also they protect you.
Their have been fake money orders and a lot of bounced check so I only take pay pal enless i have sold to them before and trust them.
Go get a checking account set up for ebay and used that one that's what I did.
Good Luck

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 07:11:37 PM »

hey, Blonde ~ I'm so glad to hear you've had great experiences......PayPal was a nightmare for me, but I was probably just a fluke . . . .

Hope you're gradually getting better.  It's hard to come to grips with the loss of our Moms.  Many hugs to you... joan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 11:18:58 PM »

TCU!!! I'll get to it right away!!! I'm sorry it wasn't already ready for you!!!    
crazybabyborg
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 04:48:11 AM »

Here you go, TCU!! I haven't forgotten you!!!   

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/4th%20of%20July/tcu5gif.gif
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 09:53:16 PM »

Hi, Bearly!

I've sold/bought on eBay for about 8 years.  When my Mom sold her home and moved down to our town, there was 40+ years to stuff to part with . . . I won't get started with that.  ha.

At that time, it was *not* difficult to get started.  Now, in my opinion, it is a different story.

I do not use eBay to SELL at all, now.  Below are the reasons:

~ Seller MUST have a PayPal account....I had one years ago for eBay only, and it was a mess.
~ Buyers are lead to believe they can ONLY pay using PayPal.... that is not strictly the case, as a buyer may contact seller before a bid is made, asking seller if they will accept a check or money order.  Many buyers (especially new/infrequent users) don't realize this.
~ Buyer is NOT ALLOWED to specify on their listing that they are certainly willing to accept other payment forms.
~ These ridiculous changes were put into action when eBay bought PayPal.  eBay charges you for your listing, your sales, and also a percentage from PayPal.
~ There are a handful of items they won't force you to use with PayPal....cars, etc.

Well, I've rambled wayyyyy too much, and you've probably dozed off.  If I can answer anything else, I certainly will.  You can obviously tell how I feel about eBay now.  greedy crooks.  I need to get over it, I know.

I'll check back later.

By the way, I'm sure there are some monkeys around who are big, big fans....they can help you out, too!

Thanks tcumom.  I really appreciate that you took the time to answer and I am sorry your experience was so negative.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 09:54:11 PM »

I think you look great, but I will let her know.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 10:21:28 PM »

YES I have bought and sold on Ebay and I love it.
I use Pay Pal it's $$$ but you get your money all of the time.
Also they protect you.
Their have been fake money orders and a lot of bounced check so I only take pay pal enless i have sold to them before and trust them.
Go get a checking account set up for ebay and used that one that's what I did.
Good Luck

Thanks, Blonde.  It means a lot to me that you posted and helped me out during your time out.  I think about you daily and send good thoughts your way.

Love you, Chickie!

I believe in miracles!
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 11:14:45 AM »

I buy, and sometimes sell on ebay, and I think paypal is the safest way to go.  I have never had a problem, but once my aunty did buy something, then she realised the seller was from Hong Kong (altho they listed themselves as Australian), she neva received the item, the user, was suddenly no longer a member, and she contacted paypal, and was refunded.  I wouldnt use ebay if I didnt have a paypal account. 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.