March 28, 2024, 12:36:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a difference? Pre-term birth and 3rd trimester abortion?  (Read 1843 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 08, 2009, 08:36:48 AM »

What is the difference between a scheduled pre-term birth and third term abortion?

I was wondering about this the other day.  I've known of so many women that struggle to carry their babies as long as possible, to give them the best possible chance at life.  Sometimes, they put their own lives at risk.  Sometimes, they have a good outcome, and sometimes they do not.

Why do third trimester abortions have to result in death?  What happened to giving life a chance?

If you carry a child for seven months, why not give the baby a chance? 

I believe that life begins at conception.  I'm not sure at what point, that small life is viable outside the womb.  If you choose to separate a baby from the mother in the third trimester, why shouldn't that baby have a chance, regardless of the intentions of the mother?

Are the rights of either child somehow different?  At seven months - The right to life?  Or, death and destruction at the hands of doctors or others?

If you no longer want a child, especially late in pregnancy, why shouldn't that child be given life?  Death is not the only alternative for the child.

jmho = just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:41:11 PM »

All my children were early. the first and second, three weeks and the last six weeks!! they are and were all healthy and perfect.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 07:01:57 AM »

Why not make abortion clinics 'safe harbors' for unwanted babies?  Leave/abandon your baby, no questions asked?

I would imagine there are cases where the fetus is not viable.  How many cases are actions taken to ensure that the child is dead?  No chance at life?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 10:09:18 AM »

Why not make abortion clinics 'safe harbors' for unwanted babies?  Leave/abandon your baby, no questions asked?

I would imagine there are cases where the fetus is not viable.  How many cases are actions taken to ensure that the child is dead?  No chance at life?

a safe harbor for unwanted babies would be a great idea...
why would a woman wait until the baby is moving around and could live on its own before aborting if they choose abortion? surely they know before that point that the child is not wanted?  I don't think that late term abortions should be done...I don't think that an abortion should be done beyond a certain point but I certainly respect a  woman's right to choose...but what about a baby who can live on their own but is aborted? I have seen a portion of a video of late term abortion...had to turn away...it is gruesome and cruel imo....

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.