March 28, 2024, 10:49:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrysler, GM, & Chicago Windows & Doors - what do they have in common?  (Read 1453 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 08, 2009, 08:24:03 PM »

JUAN GONZALEZ: Could you tell us a little bit about what’s happened to the factory since? There were reports about a couple of months ago that a new buyer came in and is reopening the factory?

ARMANDO ROBLES: Yeah, in December, the end of December, I receive a call in the union hall from a guy from California, and he is interested to buy Republic Windows and Doors facility, and we have an agreement to bring him to Chicago. We showed the company, and we introduced him to the government and the bank to start dealing to the possible buy-in. In like a month and a half, they conclude the buy. We have our—we negotiate our own contract for four years, and we go forward with this.

JUAN GONZALEZ: And how many of the workers have returned to the factory?

ARMANDO ROBLES: Right now are ten workers, because we don’t have a lot of sales right now. We expect starting getting sales to rehire the 275 workers.

http://i1.democracynow.org/2009/5/15/chicago_window_factory_re_opens_with

I wonder who represented the 'government' and the 'bank'.  What kind of a deal did these folks get?  How much taxpayer money was involved?  Who profits?

Is this on the internet as a success story?

How many other Republic Door & Window stories are out there?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 07:38:55 PM »

While the nation is focused on the GM and Chrysler dealership closings, I want to know about where the new dealerships will be located and how they are awarded?  Politics?

Also, how much taxpayer money is being channeled through Republic Door and Window in Chicago?  How much reinvestment, recovery, TARP, and budget money are they getting?  Contracts?  Block grants?  What have their sales been like?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.