April 20, 2024, 07:05:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: China, US move toward clean technology deal - No jobs for you American Worker  (Read 1151 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 09, 2009, 08:39:02 PM »

However, a source familiar with both negotiating teams told China Daily that Stern and his delegation met Chinese climate change envoy Xie Zhenhua twice on Monday.

"As far as I know, the two sides showed intent to start a partnership on climate change cooperation at an early stage but, so far, they have achieved only limited progress and it is mainly shown in scientific cooperation," the source said.

The source said the "limited progress" did not mean there was a failure between the two countries; the nations will have more opportunities to make further progress before the international community hammers out a deal in Copenhagen in December.

To push forward the agenda, China recently made its position clear ahead of the Copenhagen talks and asked developed countries to cut emissions by at least 40 percent from 1990 levels by 2020.

Larger developing countries including Brazil, China and India do not have to take on binding goals.

The environmental organizations are calling on wealthier nations to commit to almost eliminate greenhouse gases by 2050, with a 40 percent reduction from 1990 levels by 2020.

No jobs for you American worker.  Send all jobs to China by 2050...

read more here -
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009-06/10/content_8266444.htm

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.