March 19, 2024, 01:04:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 565604 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1160 on: March 09, 2010, 11:22:14 PM »

We know we have one pic of them over at the mom's house for Thanksgiving, are they trying to say they don't know him?

I think they are saying he did not run with them.  They can not deny he was with the group at the other functions as we have some pictures of that, but none so far of him runnning. 
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1161 on: March 09, 2010, 11:48:33 PM »

It bothers that Michelle Bart has been involved in this case because of her track record in the Caylee Anthony case.  She really down played the use of dogs in that case..and now she seems to be saying something different then the actual handler
in this case too.

She is no expert on the dogs and should refer all questions or comments to the handlers.

Wow, I followed the Caylee case somewhat, but didn't know who Michelle Bart was when I posted the link earlier... (my bad)
She is calling herself Mrs Welch's publicist and told the cohost of the show she would only talk with them about the case. I hope Mrs Welch is not being led on by this woman. I know one of Amber's Grandmothers is following here. If it is Mrs Sheila Welch, maybe someone can clue her in to this Michelle Bart person.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1162 on: March 10, 2010, 12:13:44 AM »

We know we have one pic of them over at the mom's house for Thanksgiving, are they trying to say they don't know him?

I think they are saying he did not run with them.  They can not deny he was with the group at the other functions as we have some pictures of that, but none so far of him runnning. 

I think he had his own run
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1163 on: March 10, 2010, 01:03:55 AM »

I think he had his own run

Some of them had to know him.  He may not have normally attended runs but he (John) was certainly aware of them.  His mother has been a Hasher at least since 2005 and from I can tell they ran or had some type of event every weekend.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1164 on: March 10, 2010, 09:28:05 AM »

Klassend
You nailed it on the trails.
Good work 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1165 on: March 10, 2010, 09:52:33 AM »

Officers of the running club declined to comment, but did say they don't recall ever seeing Gardner at any of the runs.  BS 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1166 on: March 10, 2010, 09:58:57 AM »

Officers of the running club declined to comment, but did say they don't recall ever seeing Gardner at any of the runs.  BS 

BBM
I think BS too, along with it being CYA mode.  JMHO 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1167 on: March 10, 2010, 10:34:36 AM »

BBM
  Yes, since one of the officers of the club I believe is Gardner's mom's boyfriend/husband, what ever they are.
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1168 on: March 10, 2010, 11:04:28 AM »

BBM
  Yes, since one of the officers of the club I believe is Gardner's mom's boyfriend/husband, what ever they are.

IMO, JAG was not “in” the club, at least not in Nov 09, as he was referred to in photos as “just john”.  From my Hashers research, folks are called “just wthellever” until they are “initiated” into the group.  This “initiation” consists of a crazy @$$ ceremony, in which the “just person” sits on a block of ice (bare bootied), the rest of the group drinks and sings weird songs.  Then at the completion of this ceremony, the “just person” is donned a disgusting sexually explicit name.

10News needs to conduct a little more research, as this club is much more than a running/drinking club with sexually explicit names… This appears to be a worldwide organization.  It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to get a clue, just be looking at the “application” for one of their events to figure out the sexual implications, as they are quite graphic and crude.

Also, regarding the body slamming of the Dec. jogger, I can SO see him doing that with his “doughy” body.  Maybe that is what he was thinking of doing to that woman with her kid and four dogs when he was quickly approaching.  He could knock you off your feet. JMO

Has anyone ever heard that JAG has at one time prior to 2008 owned a red 2000 model truck?

~ Repeated history is forgotten history.  Let us not forget ~

RIP: Natalee, Caylee, Sandra, Chelsea and Amber
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1169 on: March 10, 2010, 12:04:11 PM »

BBM

IMO, JAG was not “in” the club, at least not in Nov 09, as he was referred to in photos as “just john”.  From my Hashers research, folks are called “just wthellever” until they are “initiated” into the group.  This “initiation” consists of a crazy @$$ ceremony, in which the “just person” sits on a block of ice (bare bootied), the rest of the group drinks and sings weird songs.  Then at the completion of this ceremony, the “just person” is donned a disgusting sexually explicit name.

10News needs to conduct a little more research, as this club is much more than a running/drinking club with sexually explicit names… This appears to be a worldwide organization.  It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to get a clue, just be looking at the “application” for one of their events to figure out the sexual implications, as they are quite graphic and crude.

Also, regarding the body slamming of the Dec. jogger, I can SO see him doing that with his “doughy” body.  Maybe that is what he was thinking of doing to that woman with her kid and four dogs when he was quickly approaching.  He could knock you off your feet. JMO

Has anyone ever heard that JAG has at one time prior to 2008 owned a red 2000 model truck?

BBM

I haven't seen anything yet to indicate JAG at one time prior to 2008 owned a red 2000 model truck.    The thing is, even if he never owned a red 2000 model truck,  he may have had access to one.  He could have borrowed it for a day from someone he knew to run errands or to pick up materials needed for a job he was doing.  Or even borrowed to move someone or himself.  I was glad to finally sell a pick up truck I had, because people wanted to borrow it to move or to use to pick up mattresses or a table or something they bought, to avoid paying delivery charges.  Also, I have taken home a car or truck over the weekend to test drive.  Maybe he did this?  Or maybe JAG was working on a red truck and driving it to check it out?  I don't know.  I don't have anything that would indicate any of this would be true.  It's just random thoughts. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1170 on: March 10, 2010, 12:06:27 PM »

Well, that TIP on Amber came from someplace.. We are so lucky it did..
I would not pick on his mom too much. She may have been a big help in finding Amber for all we know. I do not know anything.. But only a few people could have known where Amber was or was able to get the info out of Gardner to give to detectives. If True, Her son,
How Sad indeed.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1171 on: March 10, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »

Self-defense class enrollment surges
Teachers advise acting confidently

Robin Hirsh took her first self-defense class nearly a year ago at the urging of her martial arts-trained daughter. But with the increased fear and anxiety surrounding the slayings of teenagers Chelsea King and Amber Dubois, she plans on taking a refresher course soon.

“(Chelsea King’s death) made me feel like it was more important than ever that I do this,” the Poway resident, 52, said. “I think it’s a good idea for women to take a self-defense class so they’re aware of danger and threats when present.”

Hirsh isn’t the only one toning up her self-defense skills.

In the two weeks since Chelsea, a 17-year-old Poway High School senior, went missing, there’s been a dramatic surge in interest in self-defense classes around the county.

“Our phone has been ringing and our Web site has been getting an incredible amount of hits,” said martial arts instructor Anne Marie Mihalkanin, owner of Mixed Martial Arts Academy in Sorrento Valley. “It’s mostly parents who are wanting to get their kids in a self-defense seminar. They’re frantic.”

Tony Whetstine, martial arts instructor and owner of Poway Samurai Martial Arts School, says calls about his Women’s Tools for Personal Safety class have increased by more than 80 percent in the last couple of weeks.

He normally offers the class just twice a year, but because of high demand, he’s adding two classes this month and more later.

In response to community interest, residents of Rancho Bernardo and Poway have organized a free self-defense program at 7 p.m. tomorrow at Rancho Bernardo High School.

Open to anyone 13 and older, the 90-minute presentation will focus on safety awareness and practical self-defense tips, said Tracie Arlington, self-defense expert and owner of Play it Safe Defense, who will present the seminar. At the program, people will be able to sign up for free classes with several self-defense and martial arts groups from around the county.

“I think the most important thing anyone can gain from a self-defense class is confidence,” Whetstine said. “They’ll come away knowing that there are things they can do to escape a situation, regardless of the size or strength of the attacker. We try to give them the tools to avoid that kind of situation.”

Right now people are looking for reality-based self-defense training, Mihalkanin said. She offers F.A.S.T. (fear adrenaline stress training) Defense, which uses role playing to put students in a state of fear so they can better understand what’s happening to their body and mind when flooded with adrenaline.

“We want them to see that when the body is under duress, their judgment can be impeded and so can their ability to assess threat and react effectively,” she said. “ We want to show them how they can use this fight-or-flight response to their benefit.”

By practicing simple self- defense strategies, such as being aware of your surroundings, walking confidently and acting assertively, people can avoid being an easy target, she said.

“When I took a class, it raised my awareness that there are ways to protect myself and it’s not dependent on my strength,” self-defense student Hirsh said. “The class taught me to do certain things so I felt wouldn’t be defenseless.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/10/self-defense-class-enrollment-surges/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1172 on: March 10, 2010, 12:56:33 PM »

Legal Experts Say 1-Strike Law For Sex Offenders Already Exists

SAN DIEGO — The deaths of 17-year-old Chelsea King and 14-year-old Amber Dubois have spawned a local movement to lobby for a law to lock up sexual predators for life. But legal experts say those laws are already on the books. The courts are not enforcing them.

Escondido mother Karen Doll-Murphy wants sexual predators put away for good after one conviction. She’s started a Facebook campaign that’s drawn more than 5,000 people.

“I think they’re furious and they’re very, very scared for their children.”

The fury and fear come from the details. Convicted sex offender John Gardner has been charged with murdering and raping Chelsea King. Her body was found in a shallow grave in Rancho Bernardo Community Park where she had gone for a run. Gardner is also a focus of an investigation into the death of Amber Dubois.

Doll-Murphy says the two murders have pushed people to their tipping point on how the legal system manages sex offenders.

“It has been proven time and time again that they get out and they re-offend and they re-offend. They get caught sometimes and sometimes they don’t. But if you go on Megan’s Law and you look and see who is in your neighborhood, you’re going to find offenders, not just one-strikers. You’re going to find many of them who have been caught two, three, four times and it’s not right.”

San Diego therapist David Peters says some sexual predators can be rehabilitiated, but not all.

“Some have more of a sociopathic personality. For those, they don’t feel guilt. They’re not going to feel guilt and they need to merely be controlled by society, the law, the legal system.”

And that is the category that experts say King’s murder suspect John Gardner fit in. In 2000, he pleaded guilty to committing a lewd act on a child. The victim was 13 at the time. According to court papers, the girl said Gardner tried to force himself on her sexually while he beat her repeatedly in the head. The girl told prosecutors Gardner put his hand on her mouth so she couldn’t breathe and she wasn’t sure if she blacked out. She managed to escape while half-clothed. Prosecutors say Gardner later showed no remorse.

Local criminal defense attorney Gerald Blank says Gardner’s crime 10 years ago qualified him under terms of a 1994 law that puts violent sex offenders away after one conviction -- the very law that the Escondido mom and other parents are clamoring for.

“He would have come under the one-strike law. He could have been put away for life in 2000 by the prosecution.”

But instead, Gardner’s prosecutor cut a plea deal and asked for six years. This even though the prosecution’s own filings say Gardner would re-offend if he was not imprisoned. Criminal defense lawyer Blank says that was a big mistake.

“The criminal justice system, in my opinion failed miserably here," said Blank. "The prosecution could have been put John Gardner away even under the plea bargain and he would not have been on our streets at the time Chelsea King was killed.”

Blank also blames the court which he says could have rejected terms of the plea bargain.

“A court has the right to say I’ve looked at this person I think he’s so dangerous, I decline to go along with the deal. I decline to sentence him to the number of years the two of you have agreed upon and therefore the defendant can withdraw his plea or he can let me sentence him. But I’m not sticking with this plea bargain period.”

Both the prosecutor David Hendren and Judge Peter Deddeh who presided over the 2000 case are subject to a gag order. Neither would comment for this story.

Blank says people need to be educated that one-strike laws for sex offenders already exist.

“When a horrible thing happens like the Chelsea King situation or the Amber Dubois situation, people rally and cry for stronger laws without first checking to see whether there is another flaw in the system and I believe there is a flaw in the system that can’t be covered by the law.”

And that flaw, Blank says, is not applying the laws that are already on the books properly.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2010/mar/10/legal-experts-say-1-strike-law-sex-offenders-alrea/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1173 on: March 10, 2010, 01:01:46 PM »

The deaths of 17-year-old Chelsea King and 14-year-old Amber Dubois have spawned a local movement to lobby for a law to lock up sexual predators for life. But legal experts say those laws are already on the books. The courts are not enforcing them.                And just a wild guess but funding is the primary reason.
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1174 on: March 10, 2010, 01:06:45 PM »

Klaas or MuffyBee can you email me, I want to run something by you.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1175 on: March 10, 2010, 01:17:59 PM »

I will
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1176 on: March 10, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »

I will

I see that Klaas (fast as lightning     )    has already responded, so I've removed my post.   

ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1177 on: March 10, 2010, 01:33:31 PM »

I will

I see that Klaas (fast as lightning     )    has already responded, so I've removed my post.   

lol yes she was lightening fast!  also, what does TIA mean?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1178 on: March 10, 2010, 02:15:26 PM »

TIA = thanks in advance 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1179 on: March 10, 2010, 04:41:23 PM »

Sex offender with letter carrier job reassigned

LOS ANGELES -- A Southern California letter carrier who is a registered sex offender has been reassigned after concerns were raised that he was delivering mail in an area with many children.

Postal Service spokeswoman Eva Jackson said Wednesday that Dana Kennette is now in a job that does not deal with the public. Kennette had been delivering mail in the Rancho Bernardo area of San Diego, where he lives.

The Megan's Law Web site says he was convicted of lewd or lascivious acts on a child under 14. There is no telephone listing for Kennette.

Concern is high in the San Diego area after a sex offender was charged last week with murdering 17-year-old Chelsea King. Police are also investigating the death of 14-year-old Amber Dubois of nearby Escondido, whose remains were found over the weekend.

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/1110ap_us_postal_sex_offender.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.