March 19, 2024, 02:48:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 565622 times)
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1340 on: March 18, 2010, 02:16:24 PM »

Tracygirl, I am not a legal expert.
When I signed up, it was to help in finding lost and missing people. Once they are found .. Well, What do I know.?? not much.

I am confident as time passes most if not all information will be told to the family of Amber.

All of that is just my thoughts and like I said I am not a lawyer..

I have to agree with Edward We all came into this to help find a missing person. She has been found, sadly with a tragic ending and unanswered questions.

As hard as this is to say I think we have to focus on other missing people. I will always remember Amber in my heart. She was the first missing person that I have ever tried to search for. She will always be in my thoughts.

Because of Amber I went to bed every night wondering where she might have been taken.
Because of Amber I woke up every morning checking to see if she had been found.
Because of Amber I know what hope feels like. Carrie never stopped hoping.
Because of Amber I know what real heartache feels like. A family lost without a person to love, say good night too or share emotions with.
Because of Amber I care what happens to the missing.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1341 on: March 18, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »

Armchair I appreciate your thoughts but I feel my job is not done. Until justice is served, here I will stay. If you feel your job is completed well that is up to you and I respect that.

Edward, I think I agree with the DA that Carrie had with her on Larry King, there are basic things that a family is entitled to know. If Carrie and Moe wish to have more details, then I support them and will help them anyway I can. 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1342 on: March 18, 2010, 03:22:51 PM »

This case was/is a tough one, that's for sure.  ArmChair summed up the dedication of the monkeys quite nicely, we all have had those feelings one way or another.  I can't help but think in hindsight how close we were to finding Amber.  The ping, the RSOs, etc.  And to me that is extreemly frustrating.  I can't imagine what Amber's family is going through.  I'm still greiving the loss of Amber.  I have had a difficult time.  Justice will prevail and Amber's family will get their answers.  Stay strong and supportive of each other's efforts.  We Love you AMBER DUBOIS and we will not give up until Justice is served.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1343 on: March 18, 2010, 07:12:37 PM »

Amber’s parents told few details
Police say their ‘hands are tied’ by gag order

The parents of Amber Dubois have been told few details about the investigation into their daughter’s death.

They want to know how she died and when. They want to know how authorities were led to her remains in a remote part of North County near Pala, nearly 14 months after she disappeared while walking to school in Escondido.

But they’re getting few answers. It’s an ongoing investigation, authorities have told Carrie McGonigle and Moe Dubois.

McGonigle complained on CNN’s “Larry King Live” Tuesday night about the lack of information, but the next day she said things had changed.

“We talked to (Escondido police), and we’re satisfied with what they told us,” McGonigle said yesterday. “Moe and I were both given an update today, and we are content for now.”

Dubois added, “We did get a few answers to some of our questions — stuff we needed to know.”

Escondido police Lt. Craig Carter said McGonigle and Dubois spoke with a department representative.

“We have talked to them,” Carter said. “We’re just trying to tell them to relax and let the system work, and we tried to explain that our hands are tied” by a gag order issued by a judge last week.

McGonigle and Dubois said they have been asked not to share what they were told, but they still don’t know what led investigators to the skeletal remains of their 14-year-old daughter.

Escondido police have said John Albert Gardner III is a focus of the investigation. Gardner was arrested three days after 17-year-old Chelsea King went missing near Lake Hodges and two days before her body was found at the edge of the lake.

Gardner was charged with murder and rape March 3. Amber’s remains were found March 6.

McGonigle appeared on CNN with Los Angeles lawyer Robin Sax, complaining about the lack of information.

Sax, a former prosecutor and now an author and television legal analyst, said the family would have expected by now to have a definitive answer on whether police believe Gardner was responsible for Amber’s death.

“They are claiming that, at this point, it’s part of the investigative process. And while I totally appreciate and want — and so does the family — a perfectly solid investigation to maximize prosecution, there are rights that the victims have in terms of status of the case,” Sax said.

Dubois said he and McGonigle first met Sax several months ago when they appeared on the Tyra Banks television show. Sax is an adviser to the family, Dubois said.

In most crimes, until an arrest has been made, police are hesitant to share information with victims or their families in order not to risk compromising the investigation. Even after an arrest, it can be awhile before victims and their families know the whole story.

In a 1993 case, two young boys in South County were abducted near the Otay River and raped and killed. The homicides went unsolved for eight years until a DNA hit linked them to a man named Scott Erskine.

His trial began in 2004, and it was only weeks before opening statements that the boys’ mothers were told the details of their sons’ horrific deaths. They had waited more than 10 years for the information.

Erskine is now on death row.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/18/ambers-parents-told-few-details/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1344 on: March 18, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »

I'm glad Amber's parents are satisfied for now.
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1345 on: March 18, 2010, 08:57:58 PM »

Excellent.  That is all I need to hear.  Let's hope LE is hard at work on this. 
Perhaps they just need a more sensitive communicator for family meetings. 

Chi-M
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1346 on: March 18, 2010, 11:32:17 PM »

Me too.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1347 on: March 18, 2010, 11:40:02 PM »

Amber’s parents told few details
Police say their ‘hands are tied’ by gag order

The parents of Amber Dubois have been told few details about the investigation into their daughter’s death.

They want to know how she died and when. They want to know how authorities were led to her remains in a remote part of North County near Pala, nearly 14 months after she disappeared while walking to school in Escondido.

But they’re getting few answers. It’s an ongoing investigation, authorities have told Carrie McGonigle and Moe Dubois.

McGonigle complained on CNN’s “Larry King Live” Tuesday night about the lack of information, but the next day she said things had changed.

“We talked to (Escondido police), and we’re satisfied with what they told us,” McGonigle said yesterday. “Moe and I were both given an update today, and we are content for now.”

Dubois added, “We did get a few answers to some of our questions — stuff we needed to know.”

Escondido police Lt. Craig Carter said McGonigle and Dubois spoke with a department representative.

“We have talked to them,” Carter said. “We’re just trying to tell them to relax and let the system work, and we tried to explain that our hands are tied” by a gag order issued by a judge last week.

McGonigle and Dubois said they have been asked not to share what they were told, but they still don’t know what led investigators to the skeletal remains of their 14-year-old daughter.

Escondido police have said John Albert Gardner III is a focus of the investigation. Gardner was arrested three days after 17-year-old Chelsea King went missing near Lake Hodges and two days before her body was found at the edge of the lake.

Gardner was charged with murder and rape March 3. Amber’s remains were found March 6.

McGonigle appeared on CNN with Los Angeles lawyer Robin Sax, complaining about the lack of information.

Sax, a former prosecutor and now an author and television legal analyst, said the family would have expected by now to have a definitive answer on whether police believe Gardner was responsible for Amber’s death.

“They are claiming that, at this point, it’s part of the investigative process. And while I totally appreciate and want — and so does the family — a perfectly solid investigation to maximize prosecution, there are rights that the victims have in terms of status of the case,” Sax said.

Dubois said he and McGonigle first met Sax several months ago when they appeared on the Tyra Banks television show. Sax is an adviser to the family, Dubois said.

In most crimes, until an arrest has been made, police are hesitant to share information with victims or their families in order not to risk compromising the investigation. Even after an arrest, it can be awhile before victims and their families know the whole story.

In a 1993 case, two young boys in South County were abducted near the Otay River and raped and killed. The homicides went unsolved for eight years until a DNA hit linked them to a man named Scott Erskine.

His trial began in 2004, and it was only weeks before opening statements that the boys’ mothers were told the details of their sons’ horrific deaths. They had waited more than 10 years for the information.

Erskine is now on death row.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/18/ambers-parents-told-few-details/

If there ever was a picture of the toll that something horrific like this has on a mother, it is this picture. Carrie has been through hell and back. I am so glad that she was given whatever answers she may have needed for the time being. LE has a tough task. There is intense nationwide media interest in this case and they will be scrutinized to no end. I can see why they are holding their cards close to their chests. Having said this, there is no way in *&^% that anyone will wait 10 years for an answer to what happened to God's little angel Amber Dubois!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1348 on: March 19, 2010, 01:34:54 AM »

It is a very sad situation, no matter what..

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1349 on: March 19, 2010, 02:22:49 AM »

Oh Edward that made me cry....
These poor young people, why does society keep allowing these things to happen? It is a horrible situation, just such a loss to the world each time it happens.
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1350 on: March 19, 2010, 12:09:17 PM »

My first stop every morning is still Ambers tread. Its like having coffee with my caring neighbors. I still read all the posts.
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1351 on: March 19, 2010, 12:10:56 PM »

10,000 Reward for finding a Hemet, California sexual assault suspect http://www.riversidesheriff.org/press/hem10-0303.htm

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1352 on: March 19, 2010, 01:33:47 PM »

Gardner Repeatedly Stopped by Cops

Chelsea King's accused killer was cited at least eight times after his prison release
Updated 10:11 AM PDT, Fri, Mar 19, 2010

Source: Gardner Repeatedly Stopped by Cops | NBC San Diego

The sex offender charged with murdering a San Diego County teen was repeatedly fined for drug and driving offenses after his prison release -- once while driving a car that may have been used in an attempted kidnapping.

Records show John Gardner was cited at least eight times between his 2005 prison release and his arrest last month for Chelsea King's death.

In 2008, he and another sex offender were found smoking pot at an Oceanside park.

Gardner was stopped in Escondido last June for driving without insurance. His gold Pontiac matched the description of a car used four months later in the attempted gunpoint abduction of a girl in his hometown of Lake Elsinore.

Authorities seized a similar car on March 11 from an Escondido junkyard. It was not immediately clear whether the car belongs to Gardner.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1353 on: March 19, 2010, 01:36:33 PM »

Gardner Repeatedly Stopped by Cops

Chelsea King's accused killer was cited at least eight times after his prison release
Updated 10:11 AM PDT, Fri, Mar 19, 2010

The sex offender charged with murdering a San Diego County teen was repeatedly fined for drug and driving offenses after his prison release -- once while driving a car that may have been used in an attempted kidnapping.

Records show John Gardner was cited at least eight times between his 2005 prison release and his arrest last month for Chelsea King's death.

In 2008, he and another sex offender were found smoking pot at an Oceanside park.

Gardner was stopped in Escondido last June for driving without insurance. His gold Pontiac matched the description of a car used four months later in the attempted gunpoint abduction of a girl in his hometown of Lake Elsinore.

Authorities seized a similar car on March 11 from an Escondido junkyard. It was not immediately clear whether the car belongs to Gardner.

Copyright Associated Press / NBC San Diego
First Published: Mar 19, 2010 10:05 AM PDT

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Gardner-Repeatedly-Stopped-by-Cops----88572002.html

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1354 on: March 19, 2010, 01:56:37 PM »

Gardner remained free after repeated run-ins
In one, he was with another sex offender -- and that man was sent back to prison

By Matthew T. Hall, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Originally published March 18, 2010 at 10:10 p.m., updated March 18, 2010 at 11:12 p.m.

One night in November 2008, a police cruiser rolled up on two registered sex offenders drinking beer and smoking marijuana in the bed of a truck at an Oceanside city park.

One was returned to prison on a parole violation. The other, John Albert Gardner III, had been off parole for two months and so remained free, according to records obtained by The San Diego Union-Tribune.

The encounter was typical of life for Gardner after he got out of prison for molesting and beating a former Rancho Bernardo neighbor, a 13-year-old girl.

Time after time, he came in contact with law enforcement. Time after time, he walked away.

Gardner was cited at least eight times by five agencies between his release from state prison in September 2005 and his arrest Feb. 28. He has pleaded not guilty to charges that he raped and killed Chelsea King, 17, of Poway. He is also a focus of the investigation into the death of Amber Dubois, 14, of Escondido.

After the five-year prison sentence on his 2000 case, Gardner ran a red light, got two speeding tickets, lacked proof of insurance twice, and was cited twice for marijuana possession and once for an open container of alcohol.

Four infractions occurred while he was on parole — the red-light violation, the speeding tickets and a misdemeanor marijuana possession offense. Except for one dismissed speeding ticket due to completion of traffic school, he received fines as punishment.

Alan Mobley, an assistant professor of public affairs and criminal justice at San Diego State University, said the system isn’t set up to track every violation of a sex offender, or an ex-con, upon release from prison. Often, authorities may not even know they’ve encountered a sex offender during a traffic stop.

“There’s a tension in the law between offering protection from wayward individuals and offering protection from wayward government, and that’s where the Bill of Rights comes from,” Mobley said. “That debate has been with us since the beginning of the country, and it remains with us still.”

Much about the Oceanside incident would have violated Gardner’s parole: the beer, the pot, the park location, his buddy’s sex-offender status and the fact Gardner was out after 5 p.m. But his parole had ended two months earlier.

The episode did become a parole violation for Dominique Whitehair, who’s a registered sex offender for the misdemeanor charge of annoying or molesting a minor. Whitehair was sent back to prison for more than nine months, according to the state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

For Gardner, it was merely a $640 lapse in judgment, one of three San Diego County Superior Court fines that a court spokeswoman said Gardner has had referred to collections.

In Gardner’s case, a return to prison might have meant more stringent punishment such as possible confinement at a mental hospital or lifetime GPS  tracking.

Whitehair told the officer in Ocean-side that night in 2008 that he was on parole, but it was a records check that revealed both he and Gardner were registered sex offenders, according to the officer’s two-page report.

There are more than 4,000 registered sex offenders in San Diego County, with about 1,800 of them living in the city of San Diego. Oceanside has about 250, and Escondido 192.

Under Jessica’s Law from 2006, sex offenders are supposed to be barred from living within 2,000 feet of a school or park, but its implementation is under legal review. The state law doesn’t ban them from simply visiting a school or park.

By law, sex offenders must verify their addresses with local law enforcement annually or upon moving; sexually violent predators must do so every 90 days, and those who are transients, every 30.

Yet traffic citations and violations short of arrests or convictions aren’t something San Diego police keep in their sex offenders’ case files, Lt. Rick O’Hanlon said.
Such infractions also wouldn’t necessarily be known before authorities visit sex offenders at their homes, for sporadic audits or sweeps in association with parole or probation agents, O’Hanlon said.

Alerting law enforcement officers that they’re dealing with a sex offender could have immediate implications if there are children or hitchhikers with the person or if the person is near a park, a tot lot or a school.

Mike Moreau, a director on the board of the San Diego chapter of Parents of Murdered Children, said tracking sex offenders through driving records is one way an array of agencies in the justice system could communicate better.

Bill Southwell, who supervised the San Diego County sheriff’s child-abuse unit from 1985 to 1988 and from 1991 to 1994, said cluing in California’s law enforcement to its interaction with sex offenders could be a big help.

As it stands, the system “depends a little too much on the sophistication and the initiative” of any given officer, officials say.
“If he’s really interested in this subject of sex crimes, he can push to get the information and ask for it specifically, but it would be an enhancement to the community if this automatically popped out,” Southwell said.

A handful of states have a code or line item on sex offenders’ driver’s licenses, so officers know when they pull one over. California has no such provision. In Delaware, the letter “Y” is included on a driver’s license as a signal to officers that they are dealing with a sex offender. In Louisiana, it’s “SEX OFFENDER,” written in capital orange letters.

Robert Coombs, a lobbyist since 2005 for the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault, which represents 85 rape crisis centers statewide, isn’t sold on any sort of link between driving records and sex-offender registries.

“If he’s really interested in this subject of sex crimes, he can push to get the information and ask for it specifically, but it would be an enhancement to the community if this automatically popped out,” Southwell said.

A handful of states have a code or line item on sex offenders’ driver’s licenses, so officers know when they pull one over. California has no such provision. In Delaware, the letter “Y” is included on a driver’s license as a signal to officers that they are dealing with a sex offender. In Louisiana, it’s “SEX OFFENDER,” written in capital orange letters.

Robert Coombs, a lobbyist since 2005 for the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault, which represents 85 rape crisis centers statewide, isn’t sold on any sort of link between driving records and sex-offender registries.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/18/gardner-remained-free-after-repeated-run-ins/

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1355 on: March 19, 2010, 02:05:18 PM »

Klaas, maybe the posts I just made would be more appropriate in another thread (Chelsea King thread?) since he is charged in that case and not in Amber's.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1356 on: March 19, 2010, 02:13:16 PM »

Nothing more then pure insanity. If we cannot trust LE, the courts, the parole officers to do their jobs we need them to do then stick these incurable monsters in prison for life and the heck away from civilized society. One strike and their out. It is the only way to make sure we are safe.
lucylou
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1357 on: March 19, 2010, 02:14:22 PM »

Who is Dominique Whitehair, the sex offender caught with JAG and sent back to Prison?
Was he out of prison when Amber went missing? Is he still in prison?  Could he have known where Amber was found? 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1358 on: March 19, 2010, 02:23:08 PM »

I was just going on to look him up. It says he was put back in Jail for 9 months, but not sure when he went in.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1359 on: March 19, 2010, 02:26:05 PM »

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/cgi/prosoma.dll?zoomAction=Box&zoomAction=clickcenter&zoomAction=clickoffender&lastName=Whitehair&firstName=Dominique%20&Address=&City=&zipcode=&searchDistance=.75&City2=&countyLocation=&zipcode2=&SelectCounty=&ParkName=&searchDistance2=.75&City3=&zipcode3=&countyLocation3=&schoolName=&searchDistance3=.75&City4=&zipcode4=&countyLocation4=&refineID=&pan=&distacross=107211&centerlat=38409907&centerlon=-121514242&starlat=&starlon=&startext=&x1=&y1=&x2=&y2=&mapwidth=525&mapheight=400&zoom=&searchBy=namelist&id=&docountycitylist=2&OFDTYPE=&lang=ENGLISH

Last Name: WHITEHAIR  First Name: DOMINIQUE  Middle Name: JOHN 

Specific address not subject to disclosure

Description Offenses Scars/Marks/Tattoos Known Aliases
Last Known Address:
County: SAN DIEGO
Zip Code 92083
Date of Birth: 07-16-1977
Sex: MALE
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 190
Eye Color: HAZEL
Hair Color: BLONDE
Ethnicity: WHITE

Offense Code
Description
m647.6 ANNOY/MOLEST CHILDREN
None

WHITEHAIR, DOMINQUE JOHN

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.