March 19, 2024, 03:36:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 565637 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1360 on: March 19, 2010, 02:30:37 PM »

Would someone mind turning that link into a pic? I never do that right! Sorry
lucylou
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1361 on: March 19, 2010, 02:43:23 PM »

You monkeys are great no sooner did I read the article about JAG and other offender ( smokin pot - Oceanside)  it was already posted on your site.  Since the megans law link to Whitehead doesn't have an address I am assuming he is homeless???  And just a observation
the Megan's law site says - no tattoo's and scars - it looks to me like he has a tattoo on his neck and maybe some kind of scar/birthmark just below his eye. Could he be linked to Amber? 
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1362 on: March 19, 2010, 02:48:48 PM »

Who is Dominique Whitehair, the sex offender caught with JAG and sent back to Prison?
Was he out of prison when Amber went missing? Is he still in prison?  Could he have known where Amber was found? 

I wonder who the "unkempt man who was about 6 feet tall" was, and if they are interviewing this girl? Similarities? Working in tandem?

Girl grabbed while running in Kit Carson Park

By Jose Luis Jiménez

Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 8:07 p.m.

ESCONDIDO – A student training for her high school cross-country team was grabbed by a stranger while she was running through an Escondido park Thursday afternoon, police said.

The 17-year-old was jogging through Kit Carson Park about 3:25 p.m. when she fell behind other runners and bumped into a man in the park, said Escondido police Lt. James Stuard. The man then grabbed her by the arm and asked her to “stick around for a while,” Stuard said.

The girl broke free and contacted a park ranger, who called police. Officers searched the area by ground and with a helicopter, but the man was not found.

The man was described as white, 25 to 30 years old, about 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing about 130 pounds with brown hair and a reddish beard. He was seen wearing a black shirt, dark blue pants and glasses.

He was with another white man, about the same age and 5 feet 9 inches to 6 feet tall, who was described as “unkempt,” Stuard said.
Who is this second man?

I posted this awhile back...wonder if this Dominque is involved?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1363 on: March 19, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »

Klaas, maybe the posts I just made would be more appropriate in another thread (Chelsea King thread?) since he is charged in that case and not in Amber's.

I'll copy over there if it hasn't already been done.  I've been posting Gardner stuff in both threads.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1364 on: March 19, 2010, 02:58:18 PM »

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/cgi/prosoma.dll?zoomAction=Box&zoomAction=clickcenter&zoomAction=clickoffender&lastName=Whitehair&firstName=Dominique%20&Address=&City=&zipcode=&searchDistance=.75&City2=&countyLocation=&zipcode2=&SelectCounty=&ParkName=&searchDistance2=.75&City3=&zipcode3=&countyLocation3=&schoolName=&searchDistance3=.75&City4=&zipcode4=&countyLocation4=&refineID=&pan=&distacross=107211&centerlat=38409907&centerlon=-121514242&starlat=&starlon=&startext=&x1=&y1=&x2=&y2=&mapwidth=525&mapheight=400&zoom=&searchBy=namelist&id=&docountycitylist=2&OFDTYPE=&lang=ENGLISH

Last Name: WHITEHAIR  First Name: DOMINIQUE  Middle Name: JOHN 

Specific address not subject to disclosure

Description Offenses Scars/Marks/Tattoos Known Aliases
Last Known Address:
County: SAN DIEGO
Zip Code 92083
Date of Birth: 07-16-1977
Sex: MALE
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 190
Eye Color: HAZEL
Hair Color: BLONDE
Ethnicity: WHITE

Offense Code
Description
m647.6 ANNOY/MOLEST CHILDREN
None

WHITEHAIR, DOMINQUE JOHN

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1365 on: March 19, 2010, 03:09:22 PM »

One thing that jumped out at me was....they were caught smoking marijuana in the bed of a truck. What kind of truck, what color truck?

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1366 on: March 19, 2010, 03:40:51 PM »

Private Investigator Says He Led Deputies To Dubois' Body

SAN DIEGO -- A private investigator hired by Amber Dubois' grandmother to find the missing teen told 10News he is the person who led San Diego County Sheriff's deputies to Amber's body.

Two days after deputies discovered Chelsea King's body, Larry Olmstead felt he had to do something. Olmstead said he was frustrated with the Escondido Police Department and contacted the sheriff's department to tell them exactly where search dogs had tracked Amber's scent last August.

"They should follow up at three specific locations in the Pala area and how we gathered the information through our K-9 search effort," Olmstead told 10News.

Two days later, deputies discovered Amber's body. Olmstead said he believes last August, when the dogs led them directly to Pala, Amber was still alive.

"The search we did was a live search, which means we were searching for Amber based on her scent as a living person not a cadaver," said Olmstead. "There's a possibility she could have been in Pala alive, taken to another location and possibly killed and deposited back in Pala."

The dogs not only led them to several places in Pala, but to a couple of items on the reservation.

"I believe there are two specific items that she touched while she was in Pala literally with her hands," said Olmstead.

Although he could not elaborate on what those things were, Olmstead told 10News the items were of great interest to Amber.

He also said there were two pings on Amber's cell phone -- one in Escondido shortly after she disappeared, and another one the next day in Long Beach where her aunt lives.

Olmstead also worked on the Jon Benet Ramsey murder case and hopes Amber's case will have a much different ending -- one where a killer is found and brought to justice.

10News contacted Escondido police and Amber's father, but did not hear back from them.

http://www.10news.com/news/22890061/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1367 on: March 19, 2010, 03:44:57 PM »

Why is this PI not keeping his mouth shut?  It seems that with the gag order and the fact that Carrie has stated she has  been told enough for now from LE why is Olmstead yapping to the media?  It seems very unprofessional to me unless I am missing something it almost seems like he is hinting he should get the reward? 

I may be too sensitive right now as I want to see a conviction for Amber without appeal and that the person who took her from this earth spend the rest of their life in jail living a very miserable life. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1368 on: March 19, 2010, 03:46:43 PM »

Search Planned for Missing Teen

The cases of Chelsea King and Amber Dubois are calling attention to other cases of missing people -- including a 16-year-old boy from the North County.

Mickey Guidry from San Marcos disappeared during a Thanksgiving camping trip last year in the Anza Borrego Desert near Ocotillo Wells.

Family friend Chris Crawford says Mickey was grounded and took a family car to where his friends were camping. He didn’t have driver’s license. His friends gave him some gas money and told him to go home. Instead, he went driving alone in the dessert and his car got stuck.

"I don't know if he walked out and somebody picked him up or if he didn't make it out or what," Crawford said.

He says Mickey thinks he’s invincible and probably got in over his head.

”"He's a good kid he's just a 16-year-old knucklehead,” family friend Chris Crawford said.

It's been nearly four months and there is still no sign of the North County teenager.  A search is planned Saturday in the area Mickey was last seen.

The family of Escondido teenager Amber Dubois has spoken publicly about the case -- urging people to help find Mickey.

Mickey's family has set-up a Facebook page to help in the search. The case was initially classified as a runaway but the Facebook page says it's been changed to a missing person case.

Mickey's car was reportedly found disabled in a very remote section of the desert with his personal items still inside.  Pictures of the car on the Facebook page show the driver's side bumper and side view mirror had been torn off, the right front wheel appears to be worn down to the rim.

Another website is helping organize a search for Mickey Saturday at 9 a.m. Volunteers are asked to meet at the large parking area north west of the 78 near Highway S-2.  A map of the area on the website shows the exact location -- it's east of Julian in the Anza Borrego Desert State Park where the teenager went camping last Thanksgiving and his car was found.

The site describes the expansive search area as remote and rugged and asks that volunteers be aware of their fitness levels and come prepared with water, snacks, hiking gear and sun block.

According to the search website, the plan for Saturday is to split volunteers into several large groups one will include off-road vehicles while others will search on foot.

The San Diego Sheriff's department has classified the case as a "runaway" and are still pursuing leads, but they say Guidry has a history of runaway attempts.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Search-Planned-for-Missing-Teen--88562227.html
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1369 on: March 19, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »

NorRose he might be looking for the reward as you say. Not sure why he would go blabbing about this. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1370 on: March 19, 2010, 06:16:43 PM »

I was just over in the lindsey thread and it dawned on me...Long Beach? The phone had a ping in Long Beach? Isn't that new information? Why did this PI release it if the police haven't? 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1371 on: March 19, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »

I was just over in the lindsey thread and it dawned on me...Long Beach? The phone had a ping in Long Beach? Isn't that new information? Why did this PI release it if the police haven't? 

New info to me.  Only recall one ping very short, tried to get into voice mail.  Never heard about Long Beach till today. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1372 on: March 19, 2010, 08:13:26 PM »

APNewsBreak: Parole agents boost monitoring of paroled sex offenders after high-profile lapses

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California parole officials said Friday they have ordered increased monitoring of all sex offenders after recent high-profile lapses, most notably in the case of a young woman who was held captive for 18 years by a convicted rapist.

The new policy requires parole agents to more closely track the movements of offenders using GPS-linked ankle bracelets.

It also requires agents to visit high-risk sex offenders at their homes twice a month, up from just one monthly visit.

The policy change memo independently obtained by The Associated Press came after agents were criticized for not discovering a convicted sex offender was allegedly keeping Jaycee Dugard hidden at his Contra Costa County home for 18 years.

Corrections officials are also reviewing whether they should have revoked the parole of John Albert Gardner III, a convicted sex offender now charged with murdering one San Diego County teen and being investigated in the death of another.

"We basically have higher level tracking not only on high-risk sex offenders but even on low-risk sex offenders," said Gordon Hinkle, spokesman for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. "This is basically areas that we felt needed improvement."

The policy changes are a response to a report in November from the department's inspector general that criticized it for missing chances to catch Phillip Garrido, who is now charged with kidnapping and sexual assault in the Dugard case.

"Public safety is of paramount importance," Margarita Perez, deputy director of the department's Division of Adult Parole Operations, said in the policy memo distributed to parole agents on Thursday.

Authorities say the convicted rapist fathered two children with Dugard after she was taken from a South Lake Tahoe street in 1991, when she was 11.

Garrido and his wife, Nancy Garrido, have pleaded not guilty.

The new policy requires increased use of GPS tracking of those considered less likely to re-offend.

Forty lower-risk offenders are supervised by each parole agent, compared to 20 high-risk offenders per agent.

Melinda Silva, president of the Parole Agents Association of California, predicted the increased workload will overwhelm agents charged with tracking the movements of 40 sex offenders.

"We need to get them to 20-to-one," she said. "If they want to improve supervision, they've got to reduce caseload."

The change in policy also followed questions over the monitoring of Gardner, who has pleaded not guilty to murdering 17-year-old Chelsea King and assaulting another woman in the same park north of San Diego.

He also is under investigation but has not been charged in the slaying of 14-year-old Amber Dubois.

Records show officials decided not to send Gardner back to prison, even though he violated a condition of his parole by living too close to a daycare center.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-parole-changes,0,7913136.story
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1373 on: March 19, 2010, 08:15:25 PM »

Searchers to scour desert for missing teen

search party will hunt this weekend in a remote section Anza-Borrego Desert State Park for a San Marcos teenager who was last seen over Thanksgiving weekend.

About 100 people have tentatively signed up to help find Mickey Guidry, 16, who was originally classified as a runaway. His family hopes more people will join the search, which will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday.

Mickey had taken his parents’ Jeep Cherokee without permission Nov. 27, a week after taking his stepfather’s motorcycle for a joy ride. He met friends in the desert and reportedly headed home on an isolated dirt road.

Witnesses said Mickey, who was not familiar with the area, left his camping spot off Split Mountain Road in Ocotillo Wells around 3 p.m. His mother believes he took a backcountry shortcut but underestimated the severity of the trail.

The Jeep was found disabled the next day on a rugged, off-road vehicle trail in Fish Creek Wash, eight miles from the nearest paved road. Mickey’s wallet and personal belongings were inside the Jeep, and the keys were in the ignition. A blanket that belonged to him was found 1.5 miles northeast of the abandoned vehicle. No blood was found on the car.

A search by the Sheriff’s Department turned up no other clues, according to Mickey’s stepfather, Air Force Major Douglas Perucca. He said that gives him hope that Mickey may be alive, but then he thinks someone would have contacted the family if he were OK.

“I’m still not sure what to believe,” Perucca said. “We’re just hoping to get some closure.”

Chris Crawford, a friend who is serving as spokesman for the family, said publicity could jar the memory of someone who may have seen Mickey hiking in a nearby canyon or gave him a ride that day.

“He may be laying low out of fear of being punished,” Crawford said. “That’s the big hope. The only way we’ll find this kid is if we get the word out.”

Crawford said people with search-and-rescue experience will help lead teams to look for the teen, who is 5 feet 10, 155 pounds, with sandy blonde hair. State park rangers will brief search-party members on safety concerns in the desert.

“It’s a harsh environment. It’s very remote,” Crawford said. “I hope that anyone that shows up is physically fit. Preferably, it will be people with four-wheel drive or Jeeps.”

Perucca, who, returned from Afghanistan about a month ago, helped organize this weekend’s search.

“This has spread like wildfire through the Internet,” Perucca said. “We want to thank everyone who has volunteered to help. There’s been an amazing rallying of the community. We’re shocked.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/19/searchers-to-scour-desert-for-missing-teen/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1374 on: March 19, 2010, 08:17:05 PM »

P.I. says he called sheriff before Amber's body found
He was reminding them of previous findings by dogs

A private investigator hired last year by Amber Dubois’ grandmother says it’s possible, but not likely, that a tip he gave to the Sheriff’s Department could have led to the discovery of the 14-year-old girl’s remains on March 6.

Lawrence Olmstead, a Los Angeles-based private investigator, says that a day before the Escondido teenager’s skeletal remains were found about three miles north of Pala, he called officials and said they should focus in that area because tracking dogs back in August had traced the girl’s scent there.

Did his call lead investigators to Amber?

“It’s hard to say,” Olmstead said today.

Olmstead said he called the Sheriff’s Department after seeing televison footage of police searching Kit Carson Park in Escondido for clues. He said he wanted to let them know they were looking in the wrong area. He said he left a message and did not hear back.

The details of the dogs’ findings were old news to police.

In August two dogs from VK9 Scent Specific Search, whose expenses were paid for by Amber’s grandmother, Sheila Welch, had tracked Amber’s scent from her Escondido home, to Escondido High School where she was last seen on Feb. 13, and then to Interstate 15. From there the dogs led their handlers to Pala, specifically the Pala library.

Escondido officers went to Pala for follow up, but found no one who remembered seeing the girl. Several months later police brought in other dogs from Long Beach that the FBI often uses. Those dogs were unable to duplicate the previous team’s findings.

Where Amber’s remains were found is several miles from Pala off Pala-Temecula Road and then up a steep, small road that leads into the hills. It is several miles from the community’s library.

When announcing on March 7 that Amber’s remains had been found the previous day, Escondido Police Chief Jim Maher said a lead led officials to the body. It is still unknown what that lead was or who provided it.

Escondido police have said John Albert Gardner III is a focus of its Amber Dubois investigation. Gardner was arrested six days before Amber’s remains were located and charged with the murder and rape of Poway 17-year-old Chelsea King.

Olmstead said he is convinced that Amber had to have been alive when she was taken to the Pala area because the dogs only track live scents.

However, Sarah Platts, commander of VK9 and owner of one of the dogs, said in an interview last week that is not necessarily true, that in fact if someone had recently been killed and then taken somewhere, their scent could still be ascertainable.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/19/pi-says-he-called-sheriff-ambers-body-found/
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1375 on: March 19, 2010, 10:28:37 PM »

Nothing more then pure insanity. If we cannot trust LE, the courts, the parole officers to do their jobs we need them to do then stick these incurable monsters in prison for life and the heck away from civilized society. One strike and their out. It is the only way to make sure we are safe.
Tracygirl I completely agree with your post.  If the common excuse is that the load is too great and there's not enough manpower, then leave them in prison. Quit paroling these monsters for society to fear. Chit, if the parole board can't keep up with them how can we?  If theb prisons are over crowded release some of the low level criminals not combative, med dependent sexual deviants.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1376 on: March 19, 2010, 10:55:51 PM »

Ugh! Another transient sex offender! We would not have to worry about their addresses if they were kept in prison where they belong! Now I have to wonder if Jag and his "sex offender" buddy were not working together at some point. I am so glad that these stories are staying out there in the media. We need to make sure that they never go away. I am sure that LE
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1377 on: March 19, 2010, 10:58:43 PM »

Ugh! Another transient sex offender! We would not have to worry about their addresses if they were kept in prison where they belong! Now I have to wonder if Jag and his "sex offender" buddy were not working together at some point. I am so glad that these stories are staying out there in the media. We need to make sure that they never go away. I am sure that LE
will be looking for these sickos to do anything wrong right now. I am sure that it is frustrating for LE to go through all of the work to put them away just to see them released. Maybe now while this is so fresh on everyones minds, these perverts will start being rounded up for any teeny tiny infraction. Perhaps these infractions will stick for a change!
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1378 on: March 20, 2010, 12:19:01 AM »

New info to me.  Only recall one ping very short, tried to get into voice mail.  Never heard about Long Beach till today. 

I would be shocked if this were true. Carrie would have been all over Long Beach if this were true. I think it is terribly shameful that Bill Garcia, Michelle Bart and now Larry Olmstead are all coming out to get their few seconds of fame by riding the tails of the publicity over poor little Amber's body being found. Unless they are working to try to change the sex offender laws, such as one strike, I wish they would all quit talking to the media and let LE do their jobs!
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1379 on: March 20, 2010, 01:32:28 AM »

It is to protect the integrity of the investigation.
It is to make sure that the prosecution is not hindered.
It is to make sure that the best chance for conviction of the accused is achieved.

Amber and Chelsea were found and the parents have them and know where they are.
The rest is up to our justice system.

You are dead on Edward.

~ Repeated history is forgotten history.  Let us not forget ~

RIP: Natalee, Caylee, Sandra, Chelsea and Amber
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.