March 19, 2024, 02:49:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 565623 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1680 on: May 12, 2010, 01:01:24 PM »

You know why I didn't feel sorry for his mom? He was a convicted molester of a 13 year old child and his mother protected him, spoke up for him and sheltered him. We cannot take credit for the good our children do and then say "well they are adults" when they do wrong. Everyone is a product of their childhood and what they learn from their parents. She holds responsibility for where and what her son is just as if he became an upstanding citizen. She made mistakes and as far as I can see is still making them.

ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1681 on: May 12, 2010, 08:37:26 PM »

This is the link   http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-05-12/local-county-news/mother-of-amber-dubois-gardner-family-have-heated-confrontation

You should be able to see the video from there
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1682 on: May 12, 2010, 09:14:58 PM »

http://www.10news.com/news/23531588/detail.html

Dubois, King Families To Address Court At Gardner Sentencing

POSTED: 12:42 pm PDT May 12, 2010
UPDATED: 4:49 pm PDT May 12, 2010

SAN DIEGO -- The registered sex offender who raped and murdered San Diego area teens Chelsea King and Amber Dubois will hear from their families at his sentencing hearing on Friday, according to a probation report released Wednesday.

John Albert Gardner III, 31, pleaded guilty April 16 and will be sentenced to a pair of life terms in prison without the possibility of parole, plus an additional 33 years to life behind bars.

The 14-page probation report indicates that Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, and father, Moe Dubois, along with his girlfriend, Rebecca Smith, all plan to address Judge David Danielsen.

Chelsea's parents, Brent and Kelly King, are also expected to speak at the hearing, but the report indicated that a probation officer had yet to speak to the Kings about their victim-impact statement.

Also expected to address the court is a woman who told police that Gardner tackled her to the ground while she was running in Rancho Bernardo Community Park last Dec. 27, the same park where Chelsea disappeared.

Candice Moncayo said she fought back and was able to elbow Gardner in the nose and get away.

Chelsea, a 17-year-old avid runner and straight-A senior at Poway High School, disappeared the afternoon of Feb. 25 after going for a run at the park in Rancho Bernardo. The teen's body was discovered five days later in a shallow grave near a tributary of Lake Hodges. She had been strangled.

Amber, a 14-year-old freshman at Escondido High School, vanished while walking to school in February 2009. Her skeletal remains were found last month in Pala. An autopsy determined that she had been stabbed to death.

Both teens had been raped.

Early last month, three days after Gardner was arraigned on charges of murdering Chelsea, he led authorities to Amber's body. In return, prosecutors agreed not to use his knowledge of the whereabouts of her remains against him in court.

In denying that he had specifically targeted the victims, Gardner told a local TV station two weeks ago that "it wasn't about their age" and said he was on seemingly routine outings prior to the abductions.

"To calm myself, I'll go for a walk, or I'll go for a drive, just to calm down," Gardner said.

He described the impulse to attack the girls as sudden and overwhelming.

"I mean, I was aware of what I was doing, and I could not stop myself," Gardner said. "I was -- had a major rage, and (was) pissed off, and pissed off at my whole life and everybody that's hurt me. And (I) blew up, and I hurt the wrong people."

Gardner spoke remorsefully of his crimes several times during the interview.

"I hate myself," Gardner said. "I really do. There is no there is no taking back what I did. And if I could, yes I would. Are you kidding me? But I was out of control. If I was able to stop myself in the middle of it, I would've. And I could not. I was out of control."

While the report will have virtually no impact on Gardner's sentencing, attorney Jan Ronis told 10News, "It gives information about his background and could be helpful in ultimately deciding where he's housed, how he's housed and who he's housed with."

Asked of the possibility that Gardner may make a statement, attorney Gretchen von Helms said, "It's not going to matter to the judge if he breaks down crying, says 'I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do this. There was something in my brain telling me to do this. I'm apologetic for this.' It doesn't matter. The judge is going to sentence him to life without the possibility of parole. He'll never get out and hurt anyone ever again."
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1683 on: May 13, 2010, 10:46:26 AM »

Ambersmom,
please don't hold back tomorrow when you address the court.
IMO that POS will not tell you anything meaningful or truthful. IMO that POS just want to victimize and/or re-victimize anyone he can, even if it is through conversation.
I believe more information will come out through research and investigation.
I'll be praying for you, Amber, Chelsie, and all your loved ones.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1684 on: May 13, 2010, 10:54:42 AM »

Ambersmom,
please don't hold back tomorrow when you address the court.
IMO that POS will not tell you anything meaningful or truthful. IMO that POS just want to victimize and/or re-victimize anyone he can, even if it is through conversation.
I believe more information will come out through research and investigation.
I'll be praying for you, Amber, Chelsie, and all your loved ones.
an angelic monkey I also will be praying for you and your family, and the King family, and also Candice Moncayo and her family.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1685 on: May 13, 2010, 11:03:56 AM »

Amber Dubois' mother Carrie McGonigle met face to face Wednesday in a downtown San Diego jail with John Albert Gardner III, the man who admitted he killed Amber.

The meeting came two days before McGonigle, Amber's father, and the parents of Gardner's second slaying victim, Chelsea King, will get their chance to speak their minds during his formal sentencing Friday afternoon.

McGonigle had battled for about two weeks to see Gardner and ask him questions about her daughter's death.

A news release issued Wednesday afternoon said McGonigle went to San Diego Central Jail after she got word that Gardner, 31, would meet with her.

They talked for 30 minutes. McGonigle described Gardner as "respectful" and "nervous," and said she is satisfied with the answers he provided. Among the questions she had planned to ask: How did Gardner get Amber, 14, into his car?

"She finally has the closure she has been waiting for for 15 months now," the press release stated.

McGonigle had previously said she did not plan to publicly share Gardner's answers to her questions.

She declined interview requests, and said she is working on the statement she will deliver during Gardner's sentencing hearing. She also plans to play a video at the hearing with photos of Amber set to music.

Amber's father, Moe Dubois, is also trying to craft his statement.

The parents of Chelsea, 17, also will speak at the hearing, their media representative Sara Muller Fraunces said Wednesday. They, too, might play a video.

Others will speak, including Candice Moncayo, the college student whom Gardner admitted trying to rape two months before he attacked Chelsea in the same area.

Whatever they say, their words also might serve as a salve for a community shaken by the violent deaths of two young girls.

Friday's hearing marks the end of the legal proceedings. Gardner has waived his right to appeal his conviction, erasing what is usually an inevitable review of the case by the appellate court.

In pleading guilty, Gardner accepted a deal that took the death penalty off the table. The plea saved the families from the brutally graphic testimony of a trial, and it brought a surprising and lightning-fast resolution to a case that gripped the region.

Hundreds of people turned out to help search for both girls after they vanished during daylight hours. And thousands turned out for memorials that cropped up after the discovery of their bodies.

On April 16, standing shackled before the same judge who will sentence him on Friday, Gardner admitted that he took Amber on Feb. 13, 2009, as the Escondido High School freshman walked to school. Inside of 90 minutes, he took her to a remote stretch of Pala, and raped and stabbed her to death. He then buried her there and fled.

Amber's whereabouts were a mystery for 13 months. Her family desperately searched for the shy teenager who left for school that morning planning to adopt a lamb as part of her membership in the Future Farmers of America.

A year later, on Feb. 25, Chelsea vanished during a run on a trail near Lake Hodges. The search turned up Chelsea's underwear ---- which contained Gardner's DNA.

Authorities arrested him on Feb. 28 at a Del Dios area restaurant. Chelsea's body was found in a shallow grave near a lake tributary two days later. And three days after that, Gardner led investigators to Amber's body.

Gardner, it turned out, was a registered sex offender who had been to prison for sexually assaulting and beating a 13-year-old neighbor girl 10 years earlier.

Revelations about the decade-old case led to a push by Chelsea's family to tighten laws governing sex offenders. Amber's family has turned its attention to the plight of missing children.

But first, there is the sentencing for a man who last month admitted what he had done.

The parents of the girls have set eyes on Gardner only a few times; the last coming for all but McGonigle when he pleaded guilty. The parents remained silent as Gardner admitted in court what he had done to their girls.

Now, the parents will face him again, and this time they can make what is called a "victim impact statement," during which they can address the judge, who in this case is Superior Court Judge David Danielsen.

Technically, the victims and families are not supposed to speak directly to the defendant. But really, they often give the convicted criminal a very public excoriation.

Besides the families of the slain teens, Gardner will also hear from victim Moncayo, who was "quite cognizant that she could have been murdered by the defendant," according to Gardner's probation report.

There will also be an opportunity for the defendant and his supporters to address the judge, but it is unknown whether they will speak.

When Gardner was sentenced 10 years ago, he addressed the judge in his bid for probation instead of prison.

At that time, Gardner spoke only four sentences. He asked for forgiveness and said, "I know I need to be punished for what I have done, but I just want to get back to my life the way that it was." He did not directly apologize to the victim

Gardner's mother also addressed the judge in the 2000 case. She apologized for his actions, and said he was "embarrassed" and "humiliated" by what he had done.

Their words did not come in front of television cameras ---- it was a low-profile case, despite the violence. That won't be the case if they speak this time around.

The courtroom promises to be packed ---- of the 115 seats in the room, 85 have already been assigned to the families of the victims, but also people associated with the investigation.

Authorities, including the San Diego County District Attorney's office, will not speak after the hearing, but plan to hold a news conference Monday about the case.

How much information will be released remains a question. A law firm representing Chelsea's family sent out a press release earlier this week, stating that they formally requested that investigators keep confidential certain aspects of the investigation, including crime scene photos and autopsy reports.

"It is time for healing, not a time to unearth painful details made irrelevant by the defendant's decision to admit his crimes," the statement reads.

Call staff writer Teri Figueroa at 760-740-5442.

ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1686 on: May 13, 2010, 12:50:08 PM »

Although I believe that Gardner has selective (he selects when he can't control his anger) mental illness. One minute he says he goes for a walk or a drive to calm him. In the next sentence his says he can't control his anger and takes it out on the victims. Why was he able to control his anger with the mother of his children, his own mother and relatives. If you can't control your anger you wouldn't be able to stop no matter who. I hope the judge does not segregate him from general population. He should be afraid everyday till the day he dies.

I have to say that Carie is one of the strongest women around. She was not afraid to find the answers she needed. Perhaps, it will release both of them in different ways. Carrie must feel released from something that would have consumed her in the end. Gardner must feel released after confessing face to face with someone close to his victim for being responsible for what he did. The guilt he feels and some day real grief can now consume Gardner.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1687 on: May 13, 2010, 02:53:45 PM »

I am so thankful that Carrie got a chance to speak to him and he answered her questions. I will admit, considering the time I have spent on this case, I would like to know as well how he got amber into the car, why he choose Amber, what he did with all of her things, did he ping the cell phone etc...,I can completely understand Carries decision to keep it private.

Carrie I am so glad you have the answers you need to grieve for your daughter. My prayers, as always are with you and your family.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1688 on: May 13, 2010, 04:14:34 PM »

Carrie - I thought I was a pretty strong person but you are by far one of the stongest women I have ever known.  Amber would be very proud of you.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1689 on: May 13, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »

"She finally has the closure she has been waiting for for 15 months now," the press release stated.    an angelic monkey  My prayers and thoughts are with you Carrie, and your entire family.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1690 on: May 13, 2010, 09:09:37 PM »

http://www.10news.com/news/23548373/detail.html

Search Warrants Reveal Details In Dubois Probe

POSTED: 4:50 pm PDT May 13, 2010
UPDATED: 4:51 pm PDT May 13, 2010

SAN DIEGO -- A woman spotted teenage murder victim Amber Dubois with a man about 200 yards north of Escondido High School on the morning she disappeared, according to search warrants released Thursday by a Vista judge.

According to the affidavit attached to one of the warrants, the woman was driving her children around 7:10 a.m. on Feb. 13, 2009, when she spotted the 14-year-old girl, whose body was found near Pala two months ago.

She described the person she saw with the teen as a "dark complected young male" who was tall and slender.

Registered sex offender John Albert Gardner III is scheduled to be sentenced Friday for raping and killing Amber and 17-year-old Poway High School senior Chelsea King.

Gardner, who pleaded guilty to both murders on April 16, is listed as 6-feet-2-inches tall and 230 pounds by the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

A man saw Amber walking on Broadway two minutes earlier but made no mention whether or not she was alone.

The warrants, released by Judge Daniel Goldstein, also revealed that six days after Amber went missing, two juveniles from her high school reported that she was online and talking to boys. The warrants gave a date of Feb. 19, 2008, but it is believed that police meant 2009.

Numerous search warrants were sealed by judges during the investigations into the disappearances of Amber and Chelsea, who was last seen running in the trails above Rancho Bernardo Community Park on Feb. 25 of this year. Her body was found five days later in a shallow grave on a shore of Lake Hodges.

The documents, which were unsealed at the request of the media after Gardner entered his guilty pleas, included reports to police that he may have stalked other women and girls.

Gardner, 31, lived in Escondido from as early as August 2008 through January of this year, according to authorities.

He will be sentenced Thursday to a pair of consecutive life prison terms without the possibility of parole, plus an additional 33 years to life for assaulting a woman late last year.

In a recently televised interview, he said both murders were on impulse and he spoke remorsefully about the crimes. He spoke Wednesday with Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, who had demanded to talk to him in jail before the sentencing.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1691 on: May 14, 2010, 11:27:31 AM »

My prayers for Amber's and Chelsea's family today  an angelic monkey  I just heard on the news a small portion of what Amber's father is going to say today. May John Gardner sit in his own private hell, when hearing the devastation coming out of the family's mouths today. And I don't want to forget Candace and her family, forever they will think about what could have happened  an angelic monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1692 on: May 14, 2010, 12:06:02 PM »

Reminder - most of the local San Diego stations plus many others will be having a live broadcast of the hearing today at 1pm pacific time. 

http://www.10news.com/index.html

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:09:25 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1693 on: May 14, 2010, 12:09:02 PM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Statements-Released-in-Advance-of-Gardner-Sentencing-93735649.html

Statements Released in Advance of Gardner Sentencing
By ERIC S. PAGE
Updated 6:34 AM PDT, Fri, May 14, 2010

Source: Statements Released in Advance of Gardner Sentencing | NBC San Diego

Prior to John Gardner's sentencing on Friday, court officials released impact statements on Thursday from Amber's father, Maurice "Moe" Dubois, and his girlfriend, Rebecca  Smith, that will be read in court.

Gardner pleaded guilty on April 16 to the murders of 14-year-old Escondido High student Amber Dubois and Poway teenager Chelsea King, 17. Both of their bodies were discovered in shallow graves after the killings.

In Maurice's statement, he ponders who bears the most responsibility for the death of his daughter. (The following statements are quoted exactly as they appear in the documents unless otherwise noted -- Ed.)

"I cannot help to ask on behalf of my family, Who is at Fault here? Is it this cold heartless monster, is it the failures in the law enforcement system, or perhaps it is even all of us who have not forced and held accountable, the people and the organizations who are supposed to protect us from these predatores and whom are not."

Amber's father then goes on to share his hope that prison system administer "justice" to his daughter's killer.

"Now with our last hope for justice, we depend on the prison community to slowly and painfully cause his remaining days on this earth to be a living nightmare," Dubois writes.

Smith, too, crafted a personal picture of the tragedy to be shared with the court on Friday.

"On March 6th, 2010 we were told she had been found," Smith wrote. "This was the worst day of my life.... After [Amber] was located people believed that we would have closure. This is not the case.... Our lives have been changed forever and nothing can change this. However you can change the fate of many more lives by securing Gardner in prison forever.

Gardner is due in court at 1:30 p.m. Friday to be sentenced in connection to the case. Prior to entering his guilty plea, his attorneys negotiated a deal with prosecutors for a sentence of life without the possibility of parole. NBCSandiego will be livestreaming the court proceedings without interruption.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1694 on: May 14, 2010, 12:47:42 PM »

Thank-you Klaas.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1695 on: May 14, 2010, 12:50:16 PM »

Reminder - most of the local San Diego stations plus many others will be having a live broadcast of the hearing today at 1pm pacific time. 

Thank you so much Klaas for posting this. I will be watching forsure. So pleased that today Amber will get justice. If only that justice would bring her back to her family.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1696 on: May 14, 2010, 01:19:34 PM »

During the hearing, I will be staying and posting screen caps and comments in this thread (Amber's) rather than trying to post in both threads.  Mostly because Amber's thread is above Chelsea's thread.
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1697 on: May 14, 2010, 01:33:05 PM »

Thanks Klaas.
Prayers for Amber, Cheslea and all that suffered by this POS.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1698 on: May 14, 2010, 03:30:14 PM »

1PM Livestream Today: John Gardner Sentencing
Watch live coverage Today at 1PM on 10News and 10News.com of the sentencing of John Gardner, the
sex offender who admitted raping and murdering high school students Chelsea King and Amber Dubois.

http://www.cbs8.com/

TODAY: JOHN GARDNER SENTENCING - News 8 LIVE coverage of John Gardner’s sentencing starts at 1:15pm. The convicted sex offender will be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole for the murders of Amber Dubois and Chelsea King.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/John-Gardner-to-be-Sentenced-to-Life-in-Prison-93794539.html

NBCSandiego will begin livestreaming coverage at 1 p.m. today as well as send updates via Twitter @nbcsandiego. Discuss the case on our Facebook page. We'll use comments in our broadcast coverage.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/kswb-gardner-sentencing-5-14-10,0,1733785.story

Fox 5 and Fox5sandiego.com will carry the sentencing live, beginning at 1:30 p.m.

I don't think the actual hearing starts before 1:30pm

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:34:05 PM by klaasend » Logged
sweetie_pi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1699 on: May 14, 2010, 03:50:49 PM »

I really think Escondido Police screwed up this case so badly. I think up until the time Amber was finally found, they considered her to have run away. They all need to be held accountable and answer to why JAG was let off the hook so many times and why they didn't take Amber's missing seriously. It is a tragedy. I hope they face an internal investigation due to their lack of abilities to properly investigate this case.

I don't care if they consider themselves over worked, under paid, under appreciated, we trust  and expect them to protect and serve our communities. If they don't want to do the job then they should find something else.

California LE needs a massive sex offenders task force that is part of the answer. This is because this area makes the MOST ARRESTS NATTIONWIDE FOR PEDO PORN. We are the PEDO PORN capital of the nation.  Do you think the pols didn't know that? Do you think they weren't asked to make a permanent RSO task force? Cui bene? The sex industry mafia. The global child trafficking industry, which is bigger than global narcotrafficking. It's time to call a spade a spade and ask:  Who's running the pols in Sacramento?

You always get mixed feelings when reading about street police level LE screw ups. But the fact is they are working in an environment and system that is has broken down:

1. A whopping increase in the number of people in the State, an increasing majority of whom are illegals, creating a large subset of "difficult to identify" violent, visible criminality that police have to respond to, while having to be aware that CA laws protect these illegals moreso than the police's right to fix things.

2. A whopping increase in the numbers of citizens who will sue for millions at the drop of a hat if someone as much as farts in the same room while they are being questioned.

3. A whooping increase in the number of seedy, sleazebag law school graduates who will go on record as saying they will sell their mothers to win a case, with their media cronies in tow. And who will represent slimebags just for the headlines.

4. Justices presiding over courts who can be bought and it isn't as simple as "pass me the green and folding". You grease my interests in an untraceable way and I'll make this charge go away.

5. I'll get to that.

So I truly understand the cops not wanting to arrest someone because a female who can't be produced pointed a finger. Can you imagine what a field day the media could have with that.

At the same time, given that this monstrosity of human DNA GARDNER lived within blocks of 11 other RSO offenders, someone somewhere should jumpstart a braincell or two and think "organized pedo network".

#5: At "the top", you will find oh darn, what a surprise: bona fide pedophiles in key positions who can and do put the brakes on key investigations. If anyone things politicans can often be slimebags, hey, stop and consider what all that may mean.

So those planning on going into LE are heroes for even considering it, and keeping their humanity makes them saints, and if they fall, I can forget one or two. But remember they go back to the office, and a zillion other stabbings, rapes, and murders that just that night happened tend to take priority. Think about it.

A bill for a PERMANENT RSO task force now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.