March 19, 2024, 01:55:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 565611 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1900 on: May 21, 2010, 05:50:46 PM »

Thank you Ampersand, that is very gracious of you.

Edward I agree with you, Carrie is a wonderful example of what a parent should do when their child goes missing. She has incredible strength, there is no denying that. She is also a human being. I pray for her everyday.

Northern Rose one of the articles you posted, you bolded a sentance that I found interesting.
Neighbors had described seeing a red truck near the spot where Dubois vanished. But Maher noted that Gardner was not driving a red truck when he was cited for having the open container.
Do we know anything more on this? I had not heard of that before, have you? So a red truck was near the area Gardner says she went missing? I wonder when this truck was hanging around.

I have to say this. I find it sort of mean to try to pin anything on the witnesses even if they are mistakened, which who knows at this point if they are, they did came forward with information they believed they saw. I think this is why people do not want to "get involved". If you are said to be wrong you are accused of stalling the investigation. That is just wrong in my opinion.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1901 on: May 21, 2010, 06:42:11 PM »

Thank you Ampersand, that is very gracious of you.

Edward I agree with you, Carrie is a wonderful example of what a parent should do when their child goes missing. She has incredible strength, there is no denying that. She is also a human being. I pray for her everyday.

Northern Rose one of the articles you posted, you bolded a sentance that I found interesting.
Neighbors had described seeing a red truck near the spot where Dubois vanished. But Maher noted that Gardner was not driving a red truck when he was cited for having the open container.
Do we know anything more on this? I had not heard of that before, have you? So a red truck was near the area Gardner says she went missing? I wonder when this truck was hanging around.

I have to say this. I find it sort of mean to try to pin anything on the witnesses even if they are mistakened, which who knows at this point if they are, they did came forward with information they believed they saw. I think this is why people do not want to "get involved". If you are said to be wrong you are accused of stalling the investigation. That is just wrong in my opinion.

I found the sentence about the red truck intersting for a few reasons:

1. The red truck in the bus lot that police said a year later was cleared but I still find it hard to believe it took over a year to ID a parent spying on their own kid as LE claimed

2. Red is a hard colour to confuse.  You know the person can not be colour blind to see the red truck (if they were the truck would be grey or silver most likely)  so where did this red truck come from and how did JG have access to it or did he tell someone else that was checking out his handy work or watching his back for him?

3.  I do not believe IMO that Amber was his first kill.  I also think he learned a lot while he was in jail and stayed in touch with his prison buds.  Was the red truck a buddy that was taking him out there as they were bragging? 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1902 on: May 21, 2010, 06:45:01 PM »

I have been waiting for LE to say something about Amber's cell phone, who turned it on and where exactly it pinged from.  Has anyone seen anything about it now that information has come out?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1903 on: May 21, 2010, 06:48:54 PM »

If you recall NorRose we had learned the cell phone pinged in I think it was Long Beach or Oceanside? Now I don't recall but it was some place outside of Escondido...could he have ties to someone in that are that has a red truck? I wonder how it is being explained that the phone pinged in those area's?

I don't think Amber was his first either nor do I believe Chelsea was the next victim.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1904 on: May 21, 2010, 06:49:35 PM »

I have been waiting for LE to say something about Amber's cell phone, who turned it on and where exactly it pinged from.  Has anyone seen anything about it now that information has come out?

jinx we both posted at the same time about the same thing, lol
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1905 on: May 21, 2010, 07:09:28 PM »

If you recall NorRose we had learned the cell phone pinged in I think it was Long Beach or Oceanside? Now I don't recall but it was some place outside of Escondido...could he have ties to someone in that are that has a red truck? I wonder how it is being explained that the phone pinged in those area's?

I don't think Amber was his first either nor do I believe Chelsea was the next victim.

I remember reading Oceanside and had my doubts about that to be accurate.    IRCC Ampersand is in that area and I have no doubt she would have been all over it looking for someone who saw something. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1906 on: May 21, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »

I remember reading Oceanside and had my doubts about that to be accurate.    IRCC Ampersand is in that area and I have no doubt she would have been all over it looking for someone who saw something. 

I need to look that up, I recall we all were very surprised because we hadn't heard that before.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1907 on: May 21, 2010, 08:55:31 PM »

*BUMPING UP* In this article it says he was stopped in Oceanside for a traffic stop so maybe he has ties there? Still looking for the artcle about the extra cell phone ping. 

News 8 Investigation: FBI seizes white pickup truck once owned by Gardner

http://kfmb.images.worldnow.com/images/12127421_BG1.jpg

The FBI has seized a white pickup truck that sex offender John Gardner may have been driving at the time Amber Dubois went missing. Investigators are looking for DNA inside the truck that could link Amber Dubois to the accused killer. In this News 8 Investigation we learn that vehicles driven by Gardner could become key pieces of evidence.

The 2004 Chevy Silverado was repossessed from Gardner around the same time Amber Dubois went missing in February 2009. It was sold to a new owner last year at used car lot in the Wilmington neighborhood of Los Angeles.  The manager of the car lot remembers buying the truck at auction.

"It's just a standard, white Silverado pickup with four doors. We purchased it on the 9th of March of 2009 at the South Bay Auction, which is in Gardena," Ulises Galvez said.

FBI agents seized the vehicle Wednesday in Los Angeles from its current owner, an immigrant who purchased the truck last year from the Kar Connections lot in Wilmington. Agents told the current owner they needed to impound the truck for several weeks to test it for DNA.

The car lot manager says the truck was cleaned before they sold it.

"We shampoo the carpets and the seats and then wash the windows and the dash," Galvez said.

DMV records show Gardner purchased the truck in 2006. He was driving it in Nov. 2008 when he received a misdemeanor citation for possession of marijuana in Oceanside.

It was repossessed in Feb. 2009, and a short time later Gardner purchased a new vehicle.

The Heller Ford dealership in Escondido confirms Gardner paid cash for a gold, 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix in June 2009. A few months later, a Lake Elsinore girl told deputies a man who looked like Gardner tried to force her into a gold-colored Pontiac, but she got away.

Court records show Gardner has received five traffic tickets and citations since 2008, and each time the citation shows him driving a different vehicle.

In 2008 he was driving a black Hyundai four-door sedan. In 2008 and 2009 he was driving the white Chevy pickup recently seized by the FBI. In April 2009 a traffic ticket shows Gardner was driving his girlfriend's grey Ford Focus. Later in 2009, he was behind the wheel of the gold Pontiac Grand Prix. Finally, in Jan. 2010, a traffic ticket shows him driving a 2002 black Nissan Sentra with a significant amount of damage.

Records show at least two of those cars were registered to Gardner's girlfriend, 28-year-old Jariah Baker. News 8 has confirmed Baker is currently living in a residential drug and alcohol rehab house in Escondido called Serenity House. She did not respond to News 8's emails and phone messages asking for a comment.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12127421

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1908 on: May 21, 2010, 09:08:19 PM »

Well now I am in "search hell". Isn't there an article saying when he was sited for possessing pot he was with someone that actually was arrested for breaking probation? I think we all commented on why didn't JG get arrested. I think it was at a park? I think it was in Oceanside, not sure, I do believe however he was sited for possession only one time.
Who was the man that was arrested. 
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1909 on: May 22, 2010, 11:34:25 PM »

Well now I am in "search hell". Isn't there an article saying when he was sited for possessing pot he was with someone that actually was arrested for breaking probation? I think we all commented on why didn't JG get arrested. I think it was at a park? I think it was in Oceanside, not sure, I do believe however he was sited for possession only one time.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/18/gardner-remained-free-after-repeated-run-ins

This is an excellent article which mentions that event among others.   They left out the name but I do remember it was Whitehair.  (As I recall, IMO)

Chi-M

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1910 on: May 23, 2010, 11:15:08 AM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/18/gardner-remained-free-after-repeated-run-ins

This is an excellent article which mentions that event among others.   They left out the name but I do remember it was Whitehair.  (As I recall, IMO)

Chi-M

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/18/gardner-remained-free-after-repeated-run-ins/

(snipped)

Much about the Oceanside incident would have violated Gardner’s parole: the beer, the pot, the park location, his buddy’s sex-offender status and the fact Gardner was out after 5 p.m. But his parole had ended two months earlier.

The episode did become a parole violation for Dominique Whitehair, who’s a registered sex offender for the misdemeanor charge of annoying or molesting a minor. Whitehair was sent back to prison for more than nine months, according to the state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

For Gardner, it was merely a $640 lapse in judgment, one of three San Diego County Superior Court fines that a court spokeswoman said Gardner has had referred to collections.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1911 on: May 26, 2010, 12:42:49 PM »

I may be missing something, but I don't understand what good this will do??  How will that prevent anything?

May 25, 2010 12:35 PM
Amber Dubois' Father Wants Special IDs for Sex Offenders, Says Report

LONG BEACH, Calif. (CBS/KCAL) Amber Dubois' life was cut tragically short by a convicted sex offender who managed to fly under the radar for years, and Amber's father wants to make sure that never happens again.

Moe Dubois plans to announce a legislative package he has drafted with California Assemblyman Pedro Nava (D-Santa Barbara) meant to assist law enforcement in better identifying and tracking sex offenders.

"We believe that the time is now to implement thoughtful legislation that will make a real difference in the lives of missing children," Dubois told CBS affiliate KCAL. "We want to use our loss to bring about real change so that no family has to go through what we did."

The proposed legislation calls for registered sex offenders to be issued distinctive driver's licenses or state-issued IDs that bear a mark that immediately identifies that person as a sex offender, according to local San Diego station KNDS.

Moe Dubois acknowledged that many critics would say the distinctive IDs would amount to a scarlet letter, potentially violating the civil rights of sex offenders. But the legislation wouldn't be the first of its kind. According to the station, both Delaware and Louisiana issue special identification to sex offenders, Louisiana's is branded with a bold "SEX OFFENDER" and Delaware's features a "Y" designation.

The expected cost could be another stumbling block, but Moe Dubois says he is prepared to fight to push the legislation through.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20005864-504083.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1912 on: May 26, 2010, 01:38:58 PM »

I may be missing something, but I don't understand what good this will do??  How will that prevent anything?

LONG BEACH, Calif. (CBS/KCAL) Amber Dubois' life was cut tragically short by a convicted sex offender who managed to fly under the radar for years, and Amber's father wants to make sure that never happens again.

Moe Dubois plans to announce a legislative package he has drafted with California Assemblyman Pedro Nava (D-Santa Barbara) meant to assist law enforcement in better identifying and tracking sex offenders.

"We believe that the time is now to implement thoughtful legislation that will make a real difference in the lives of missing children," Dubois told CBS affiliate KCAL. "We want to use our loss to bring about real change so that no family has to go through what we did."

The proposed legislation calls for registered sex offenders to be issued distinctive driver's licenses or state-issued IDs that bear a mark that immediately identifies that person as a sex offender, according to local San Diego station KNDS.

Moe Dubois acknowledged that many critics would say the distinctive IDs would amount to a scarlet letter, potentially violating the civil rights of sex offenders. But the legislation wouldn't be the first of its kind. According to the station, both Delaware and Louisiana issue special identification to sex offenders, Louisiana's is branded with a bold "SEX OFFENDER" and Delaware's features a "Y" designation.

The expected cost could be another stumbling block, but Moe Dubois says he is prepared to fight to push the legislation through.

I'm not sure how this will work, but living in this state, and the budget, I can't see there being a budget for this to be done 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1913 on: May 26, 2010, 02:22:56 PM »

Well if they don't want to be classified and singled out as a sex offender, don't be one! At least an officer will be able to tell right off who they are dealing with. Better then what we have now which is not enough.

I say we go one step further and have them wear an ankle bracelet for life. Somethings are worth the money.
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1914 on: May 26, 2010, 08:24:24 PM »

I don't see the big cost for this. Putting Sex Offender on a drivers license is no different than putting wears glasses on your license. They charge you for your drivers license. I can't remember what I paid for mine when they changed the back of your card so it can be swiped. I think if was $5.00 or $10.00. I just don't see this big cost. I don't remember a big cost to watermark under 21 on drivers license for the young. If the sex offender wants to remain free he pays out of pocket for that privilege.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1915 on: May 28, 2010, 11:02:39 PM »

Shouldn't be that big a cost.  Like eyeglasses, it would simply be a box the DMV checks then will be imprinted on the DL or ID. 
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1916 on: May 31, 2010, 12:00:56 AM »

I think that it could be useful in situations like the one reported in the JAG case...where a woman was being followed and she contacted the police and then left...the police found JAG (which could have had his alternate ID) but if he had the actual one...and it had the alert on it...then maybe they would have put two and two together a lot faster...and checked him out in other cases...and if it costs more then they should pay the extra...

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1917 on: June 14, 2010, 01:23:37 PM »

John Gardner Held in Same Prison Unit as Charles Manson
John Gardner was transferred to Corcoran State Prison last week.

BAKERSFIELD -- John Albert Gardner III, the man serving life in prison for the murders of two San Diego teens, is sharing a prison unit with another notorious killer -- Charles Manson.

Gardner was transferred to the Corcoran State Prison north of Bakersfield on June 3rd, according to Terry Thornton, spokeswoman for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

Gardner has his own cell, but is able to socialize with other inmates including the famed cult leader and Mikhail Markhasev, the man convicted of killing Bill Cosby's son.

Corcoran is the state's only facility with a Protective Housing Unit, according to jail officials.

Gardner pleaded guilty in April to raping and murding 17-year-old Chelsea King and 14-year-old Amber Dubois.

Chelsea's body was found days after she was attacked while jogging in a park in February.

Amber's remains were found in March, more than a year after she disappeared while walking to school.

Gardner reportedly led authorities to her remains.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-gardner-manson,0,1387931.story
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1918 on: June 14, 2010, 01:24:26 PM »

Special day for Dubois, King Families at PETCO Park

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (CBS Cool - The families of Amber Dubois and Chelsea King enjoyed an unforgettable afternoon at PETCO park today.

Chelsea's 13-year old brother, Tyler, got to throw out the first pitch before the start of the Padres' game against the Seattle Mariners.

Then, Amber's seven-year old sister, Allison, delivered the official game ball to the pitcher's mound.

Amber's father says he's certain his daughter, and Chelsea King, would be proud of today's event.

The Padres say they wanted to do something special for the families of the slain teenagers, who have endured so much pain and heartache.

Convicted killer John Gardner is serving life in prison for the murdering both girls.

http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12642647
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1919 on: July 14, 2010, 12:09:39 AM »

John Gardner Held in Same Prison Unit as Charles Manson
John Gardner was transferred to Corcoran State Prison last week.

BAKERSFIELD -- John Albert Gardner III, the man serving life in prison for the murders of two San Diego teens, is sharing a prison unit with another notorious killer -- Charles Manson.

Gardner was transferred to the Corcoran State Prison north of Bakersfield on June 3rd, according to Terry Thornton, spokeswoman for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

Gardner has his own cell, but is able to socialize with other inmates including the famed cult leader and Mikhail Markhasev, the man convicted of killing Bill Cosby's son.

Corcoran is the state's only facility with a Protective Housing Unit, according to jail officials.

Gardner pleaded guilty in April to raping and murding 17-year-old Chelsea King and 14-year-old Amber Dubois.

Chelsea's body was found days after she was attacked while jogging in a park in February.

Amber's remains were found in March, more than a year after she disappeared while walking to school.

Gardner reportedly led authorities to her remains.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-gardner-manson,0,1387931.story

So the more horrendous and newsworthy the crime, the more protection those like J Gardner are protected. Something is very wrong with our system.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.