March 19, 2024, 01:17:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 565607 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: March 05, 2010, 03:00:10 PM »

By the way Edward, thank you for talking to Carrie through this nightmare! She needs you and everyone else to be her strength right now!

She is the best.. Prayers for there family while we consider the possible.
It would be wonderful if Amber is alive... Never give up that hope.
There is no easy moments in there lives until Amber is found and even then it may not be an easy moment. But they have to know.

Thanks Sabastian.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #541 on: March 05, 2010, 03:03:11 PM »

I can only guess at what Ambers family must be going through right now. I would assume there must be a guilt associated with even for a moment believing your child is not alive as well as the fear that they are laying in an unmarked grave. My prayers do go out to them all, If I could take a fraction of the pain away I would gladly do so. I feel so sick inside for them, I really do.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #542 on: March 05, 2010, 03:06:43 PM »

Driving directions to Kit Carson Park 3 ways to get there all around 15 mins.

8.5 mi – about 12 mins
Suggested routes
I-15 S
8.5 mi 12 mins

N Escondido Blvd
5.8 mi 15 mins

Bear Valley Pkwy
7.1 mi 16 mins

Northern Rose you are the best!
If JAG did leave something in that park, it would be right on his way to his mother's house!

I have not mapped where he lived in Escondido yet.  Would it be towards there as well?

Hi Northern Rose,
Actually, he lived on the opposite side of town. It would not have been near his house at all. It would not make sense that he would dispose of her in that park except for the fact that it is on his way to his mothers house.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: March 05, 2010, 03:10:02 PM »

Homicide Investigators Search Kit Carson Park
Police received a tip that two children spotted a bag with hair inside it
By MICHELLE WAYLAND
Updated 11:51 AM PST, Fri, Mar 5, 2010

Print Email Share Buzz up!TWITTER FACEBOOK

Police and Sheriff's deputies are searching the grounds of Kit Carson Park, acting on an unusual tip they received concerning a bag possibly containing hair found three months after the disappearance of Amber Dubois.

Thursday night three children, an 8-year-old and two 11-year-olds, reminded their parents about seeing a "bag with what looked like hair coming out of it," Lieutenant Craig Carter said.

The children made the discovery nine months ago and recalled it in light of the Chelsea King story.

One of the children's parents immediately called police.

LOOK Images: Missing Teen Amber Dubois
Last night, police secured an area of Kit Carson Park along a waterway and waited for daylight to further investigate the scene. Investigators have yet to look inside the bag, according to police.

They have called in a huge showing of search and rescue personnel including the Sheriff's underwater search and recovery team.

The area is about two miles northeast of the area where a body, believed to be that of Chelsea King, was found. It’s also south of where Amber Dubois disappeared.

Amber was last seen Feb. 13, 2009. She was 14 years old when she left to walk to Escondido High School from her home a few blocks away. Two witnesses said they saw her on the sidewalk just a few hundred yards from the school's main entrance.

She never made it.

Registered sex offender John Albert Gardner III, the man charged in the murder and rape of Poway teenager Chelsea King, could be tied to Amber's case, according to her father Maurice Dubois.

At the time Amber disappeared, Gardner lived just two miles from Escondido High School in the Rock Springs East apartment complex.

Amber's father has said he can't help but draw connections between his daughter's case and Chelsea King's and that he's spoken with investigators with Escondido police as well as the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

Check back for updates on this developing story.

Related Stories:

Suspect Had 'Unnatural Interest in Young Girls:' DA (VIDEO)
Community Not Giving Up Hope for Chelsea King (VIDEO)
Suspect Had 'Unnatural Interest in Young Girls:' DA

Source: Homicide Investigators Search Kit Carson Park | NBC San Diego

In this article it states that "investigators have yet to look in the bag"? WTH? They found the bag after all of this time????? Yet they have not looked in it????? Could this be yet ANOTHER reporting error? I am so sick of these half-(*&& reporters!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: March 05, 2010, 03:10:12 PM »

A - Escondido High
B - 1050 Rock Springs Rd # 113
C - Kit Carson Park

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: March 05, 2010, 03:14:11 PM »

ESCONDIDO: Police search Kit Carson Park in Amber Dubois case

ESCONDIDO ---- Escondido police began searching Kit Carson Park Friday morning for possible evidence in the disappearance of Amber Dubois, the 14-year-old girl last seen walking to Escondido High School on Feb. 13, 2009.

An Escondido police official said two kids found a bag of hair at the park nine months ago. He said that in the wake of the search for Chelsea King's body this past week, they told their parents about their discovery and the parents informed police.

Amber's disappearance garnered national attention, including a front-page article in People magazine.

Police confirmed to TV reporters this morning that they had found a bag but had not opened it yet. Escondido police, the FBI and San Diego Police search, rescue and dive teams were still at the park late this morning.

Police said they have informed Amber's parents about the search at Kit Carson Park.

Searchers discovered what they believe to be the body of 17-year-old Chelsea King in a shallow grave at Lake Hodges on Tuesday. John Gardner, a registered sex offender, was arrested and charged with murder and rape.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_bdbf0394-2891-11df-865a-001cc4c002e0.html
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: March 05, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »

So the bag was still there after 9 months? Ok I will wait for more details...
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: March 05, 2010, 03:21:08 PM »

Ariel view of the shelter.  Close to parking and a pond.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #548 on: March 05, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »

Is there a live feed anywhere on the net regarding this search? I swear I am ready to hop on a plane to San Diego!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: March 05, 2010, 03:25:42 PM »

Is there a live feed anywhere on the net regarding this search? I swear I am ready to hop on a plane to San Diego!

I have not found a live feed as of yet.  I am ready to head down there as well.  I will stop and get you first. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: March 05, 2010, 03:31:13 PM »

A Fox 5 reporter posted this on twitter.  Hope they took the chopper.

Heading to Escondido. Could remains of Amber Dubois have been found. Geeesh. Will find out soon.
about 1 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/Peretteinsdnews
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #551 on: March 05, 2010, 03:32:55 PM »

Kit Carson Park searched in Amber Dubois disappearance
By Karen Kucher, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Friday, March 5, 2010 at 12:10 p.m.

Escondido police are searching an area of Kit Carson park as they follow up on leads related to the Amber Dubois investigation, said police Sgt. Tony Masten.

Channel 10 KGTV reported that two boys discovered a bag of hair in the park in May of 2009. The boys told their parents what they saw but the parents didn’t think anything of it until the recent Chelsea King investigation.

Escondido police received the call yesterday and said they plan to conduct a search throughout the day. Amber Dubois, 14, disappeared Feb. 13, 2009, on her way to Escondido High School.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/05/kit-carson-park-amber-dubois-search/
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #552 on: March 05, 2010, 03:45:05 PM »

I have not found a live feed as of yet.  I am ready to head down there as well.  I will stop and get you first. 

Please do! You have nanners btw.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #553 on: March 05, 2010, 03:52:12 PM »

Months-Old Tip Prompts Search In Connection To Disappearance Of Amber Dubois
By City News Service

March 5, 2010

Police officers, a sheriff's dive team and FBI agents searched Kit Carson Park today in response to a 10-month-old tip possibly related to the disappearance of a teenage North County girl more than a year ago.

About 30 personnel from the various agencies began looking through the open-space and recreation area off Bear Valley Parkway in Escondido this morning to follow up on the report, which was received on Thursday night, police Lt. Craig Carter said.

Authorities were treating the tip as potentially related to the highly publicized Amber Dubois missing-person case. The 14-year-old Escondido High School freshman disappeared while walking to campus in February 2009. There have been no known sightings of her since.

Last May, a 9-year-old and two 11-year-olds told their families about coming across a bag containing what appeared to be human hair in the southern reaches of the park, Carter said.

The children's parents apparently did not consider the purported discovery significant enough to report, but changed their minds this week when the subject came up again, according to Carter.

Authorities found a bag in the general area described by the youngsters, though it was not immediately clear if it was the one in question, and it had yet to be opened by midday, the lieutenant said.

On Tuesday, searchers found the body of Poway High School senior Chelsea King, who had been missing for five days after failing to return from an afternoon jog in Rancho Bernardo.

A registered sex offender has been arrested and charged with the rape and murder of the 17-year-old straight-A student.

Escondido police officials have said they are looking into the possibility of links between Chelsea's accused killer and the disappearance of Amber. No such connections have been made public so far.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2010/mar/05/months-old-tip-prompts-search-connection-disappear/
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #554 on: March 05, 2010, 04:00:31 PM »

Tracygirl,
You have nanners
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: March 05, 2010, 04:03:22 PM »

SAN DIEGO — Escondido police are searching a large area near a pond in Kit Carson park as they follow up on leads related to the Amber Dubois investigation.

Lt. Craig Carter said they got a call Thursday night from the parents of two boys who discovered a bag of hair in the park in May of 2009. The boys told their parents what they saw at the time, but the parents didn’t think anything of it until the recent Chelsea King homicide investigation.

Escondido police interviewed the boys, ages 9 and 11, Thursday night and began their search at the park.

Amber Dubois, 14, disappeared Feb. 13, 2009, on her way to Escondido High School.

“There is no reason to believe this is related to the Amber Dubois case, but we are looking into it,” Carter said.

Amber’s father, Moe Dubois, arrived at the park about noon Friday.

Other agencies involved in the search include the Sheriff’s Department’s search and rescue team, its dive team and an FBI evidence team.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/05/kit-carson-park-amber-dubois-search/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: March 05, 2010, 04:05:32 PM »

ESCONDIDO: Police scour Kit Carson Park for clues in Amber Dubois case

ESCONDIDO ---- Escondido police and several dozen searchers scoured Kit Carson Park on Friday for possible evidence in the disappearance of Amber Dubois, the 14-year-old girl last seen walking to Escondido High School on Feb. 13, 2009.

Searchers were looking in watery and brushy areas behind a stand of tall trees near the Westfield Mall.

Searchers wearing waders were looking in the watery area, and an underwater search team from the San Diego County Sheriff's Department was assisting.

The search was organized after a call came in that two children had found a bag of hair at the park nine months ago, said Escondido Police Department spokesman Lt. Craig Carter.

In the wake of the search for 17-year-old Poway High School student Chelsea King this past week, they told their parents about their discovery and the parents informed police.

At about noon, Amber's father Maurice Dubois arrived and spoke with reporters.

"I like the fact that they are on this very quickly," he said.

Dubois also said he was told that because the search area where the hair was reportedly found is near a large picnic area, a body would likely have been discovered long ago.

But the renewed search for clues about his missing daughter and a spate of tips being reported to police is particularly encouraging, Dubois said.

Amber's disappearance garnered national attention, including numerous profiles on television shows.

On Tuesday, searchers discovered what they believe to be the body of 17-year-old Chelsea King in a shallow grave at Lake Hodges. Chelsea disappeared Feb. 25 at Rancho Bernardo Community Park on while on a late-afternoon jog.

On Sunday, 30-year-old John Albert Gardner III, a registered sex offender, was arrested and charged with murder in the commission of a rape or an attempted rape.

Gardner pleaded not guilty to the charges Thursday and remains in custody without bail. He is also charged with assault in connection with an attack on another woman at Rancho Bernardo Community Park on Dec. 27. The victim in that incident was able to fend off her attacker.

Gardner lived in Escondido near the high school from January 2008 to January 2010. City police say they contacted him eight times during that span and are taking a fresh look at him since his arrest for the killing of Chelsea King.

Before his arrest Sunday evening, the state's sex offender registry listed Gardner most recently as a Lake Elsinore-area resident.

Authorities in Riverside County are reviewing sexual assault and attempted sexual assault cases in that area to see if Gardner matches the description in any of those incident.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_bdbf0394-2891-11df-865a-001cc4c002e0.html
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #557 on: March 05, 2010, 04:06:48 PM »

I have read this thread for a very long time.  I don't contribute often but I would just like to say my thoughts and prayers are with Ambers family.  I really hope this lead doesn't turn out to be Amber...not that I don't want Amber to be found, it's just I don't want her to be found like this.   an angelic monkey

Also, I'm with you traceygirl.  I'm in Canada but i'd be willing to hop a plane to go and find out what is happening.   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: March 05, 2010, 04:08:10 PM »

I have read this thread for a very long time.  I don't contribute often but I would just like to say my thoughts and prayers are with Ambers family.  I really hope this lead doesn't turn out to be Amber...not that I don't want Amber to be found, it's just I don't want her to be found like this.   an angelic monkey

Also, I'm with you traceygirl.  I'm in Canada but i'd be willing to hop a plane to go and find out what is happening.   

I am in Canada as well.  We can sit next to each other on our way to pick up Tracy. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: March 05, 2010, 04:09:18 PM »

ESCONDIDO, Calif. -- Police officers, a sheriff's dive team and FBI agents searched Kit Carson Park Friday in response to a 10-month-old tip possibly related to the disappearance of a teenage North County girl more than a year ago.

About 30 personnel from the various agencies began looking through the open-space and recreation area off Bear Valley Parkway in Escondido Friday morning to follow up on the report, which was received on Thursday night, police Lt. Craig Carter said.

Search teams with dogs combed the area, with some searchers wearing waders to investigate the lake and pond areas.

MORE....

http://www.10news.com/news/22754484/detail.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.