April 27, 2024, 04:38:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 570183 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: March 07, 2010, 08:37:40 PM »

has everyone seen this video? Carrie made it for her. It has pictures of Amber growing up.

http://vimeo.com/4848395

Amber Dubois from Carrie MCGonigle on Vimeo.

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: March 07, 2010, 08:37:52 PM »

This is so devastating.  May God hold Amber and her family close.  Please God, this must stop. 

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #722 on: March 07, 2010, 08:40:25 PM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/07/bn07amberpresser/

Reached by phone, Amber’s grandmother Sheila Welch said, “I am a very sad grandmother today.”

Amber was 14 when she disappeared the morning of Feb. 13, 2009, as she was walking to Escondido High School.

Her family said it was unlikely she ran away. She had no extra clothes, and she was excited to purchase a lamb she was going to raise through the school’s agricultural program. The $200 check she carried to school that day has never been cashed, police said.

Instead, authorities have said she most likely got into a vehicle with someone, possibly someone she knew.

Two witnesses who knew Amber saw her walking on North Broadway near the football field with a tall, dark-skinned boy described as “doughy.”

But she, nor the boy, were ever captured on security cameras near the front of the school.

Escondido police, with help from the FBI and other agencies, have spent thousands of hours investigating the case.

Last summer, search dogs from Texas hired by the family apparently traced her scent to the Pala library, but no one there remembered having seen her. Bloodhounds used by the FBI several months later found no hint of her there.

I had never heard this before...

~ Repeated history is forgotten history.  Let us not forget ~

RIP: Natalee, Caylee, Sandra, Chelsea and Amber
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: March 07, 2010, 08:43:07 PM »

Although I feel there is a strong possibility that JAG committed this crime, I am going to wait until more of the story comes out before making that conclusion. I want them to be absolutely sure that some other person will not walk free after taking the life of sweet, beautiful Amber.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #724 on: March 07, 2010, 08:47:54 PM »

OMG! I just saw that they have found beautiful Amber on my homepage. I think I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it. My prayers to sweet Amber's family and friends and all those who had come to know her through her disappearance.  an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
I am thankfull however that Amber's Mother and Father can now have closure and can give her a proper burial. The "not knowing" has to eat away at you every day.

On another note, I really feel strong that John Gardner had everything to do with this. I think he is trying to save his sorry a** and is singing like a canary too. What a lowlife this man is

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #725 on: March 07, 2010, 08:50:27 PM »

If there are other victims, I hope and pray he has said where they are.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #726 on: March 07, 2010, 08:50:52 PM »

has everyone seen this video? Carrie made it for her. It has pictures of Amber growing up.

http://vimeo.com/4848395
Thank you. such a sweet face and a beautiful girl.  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: March 07, 2010, 08:51:14 PM »

O/T....Remains of Amber Dubois found in Pala
Investigators have been working to determine if John Albert Gardner III, a 30-year-old registered sex offender who was arrested in Chelsea’s slaying, may have also been connected to Amber’s disappearance. Gardner was living about two miles away from the area where Amber vanished....

Thanks billb.  It is a sad outcome.  However ... I am thankful her family is being affording a measure of closure.

Janet

++++++

CNN LARRY KING LIVE
Interview with Chelsea King's Parents
Aired March 4, 2010 - 21:00   ET

KELLY KING, CHELSEA KING'S MOTHER: I mean how many times do our daughters need to be raped before we put these monsters behind bars forever?

I just don't -- I don't get it. Change has to be made. And I know that there are people out there that are -- that are trying to, you know, get this change in place. And Brent and I are committed for the rest of our lives to be a part of that.

LARRY KING, HOST: What change do you want, Brent?

BRENT KING, CHELSEA KING'S FATHER: I don't want people that ever have any kind of one strike on them to have more than one strike on them. They shouldn't be allowed to have a second strike.

L. KING: In other words, once you are convicted of a case where you were convicted of being a predator, you should be put away for life?  What are your thoughts?

B. KING: Larry, I don't understand why somebody who's done what this person's done in the past should have the exact same freedoms that I have. I don't understand that.

L. KING: And often, to Brent and Kelly King, prosecutors will ask the relatives of the victim what their thoughts are about a death penalty. They don't have to abide by them, but they do get input.  What do you want to happen if convicted, Kelly?

K. KING: I think the death penalty is a very appropriate punishment for this -- for this case.

L. KING: Brent?

B. KING: Yes. I'm in 100 percent agreement with my wife.

More:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1003/04/lkl.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: March 07, 2010, 08:52:36 PM »

Someone lead them there.  No way would they have found her unless someone told them where to go. 

http://www.10news.com/news/22769185/detail.html

Remains Of Amber Dubois Positively Identified
Remains Of Escondido Teen Amber Dubois Found In Pala

POSTED: 3:09 pm PST March 7, 2010
UPDATED: 5:40 pm PST March 7, 2010

ESCONDIDO, Calif. -- Skeletal remains found in Pala were those of missing Escondido teenager Amber Dubois, the Escondido Police Department announced Sunday.

Video: Watch Press Conference

Amber was 14 when she went missing more than a year ago while walking to Escondido High School.

Despite a months-long search by law enforcement, family and volunteers, her body was not found until this weekend.

"The discovery was made in the early morning hours of Saturday, in a very rugged and remote section of Pala," Escondido police Chief Jim Maher said at a news conference.

Pala is in northern San Diego County, about 25 miles from Escondido.

The chief said detectives were following a lead when her body was found.

"Positive identification was subsequently made by the San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office late Saturday afternoon by way of a dental records comparison," Maher said. "Her parents were notified in person by Escondido and sheriff's investigators Saturday night.

Maher did not take questions because of the ongoing investigation.

Amber returned to public attention since the arrest of John Albert Gardner III, 30, in connection with the disappearance and death of 17-year-old Chelsea King in nearby Rancho Bernardo.

Gardner is a registered sex offender who lived in Escondido when Amber disappeared. Investigators were looking into any involvement he might have had with the girl, or in other unsolved crimes.

Because Maher did not take questions, the source of the tip or any possible role played by Gardner was unknown.

Amber's father, Maurice Dubois, took a moment to thank everyone in the search for Amber, especially the hundreds of volunteers who looked for the girl every weekend for much of last year.

"They were the most dedicated people you could ever imagine," Maurice Dubois said. "Without them, we couldn't have done anything."

The announcement came a day after investigators searched for evidence in Amber's disappearance in a pond at Kit Carson Park in Escondido.

Police were tipped Thursday that last May, three girls found a black plastic bag and human hair at the edge of a pond, said Escondido police Lt. Craig Carter.

Detectives found a bag Thursday night, but it contained only mud and debris, Carter said. It was given to the FBI to analyze.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #729 on: March 07, 2010, 08:54:31 PM »

Reached by phone, Amber’s grandmother Sheila Welch said, “I am a very sad grandmother today.”

Amber was 14 when she disappeared the morning of Feb. 13, 2009, as she was walking to Escondido High School.

Her family said it was unlikely she ran away. She had no extra clothes, and she was excited to purchase a lamb she was going to raise through the school’s agricultural program. The $200 check she carried to school that day has never been cashed, police said.

Instead, authorities have said she most likely got into a vehicle with someone, possibly someone she knew.

Two witnesses who knew Amber saw her walking on North Broadway near the football field with a tall, dark-skinned boy described as “doughy.”

But she, nor the boy, were ever captured on security cameras near the front of the school.

Escondido police, with help from the FBI and other agencies, have spent thousands of hours investigating the case.

Last summer, search dogs from Texas hired by the family apparently traced her scent to the Pala library, but no one there remembered having seen her. Bloodhounds used by the FBI several months later found no hint of her there.

I had never heard this before...
Chi the only time I had read something like this was yesterday there was a comment posted at a news site, dont know which one,  that said they should check by the library in Pala. If I knew this I forgot after all it has been a year. Why did it take the FBI several months later to go to the spot? I think Le has some explaining to do. I have also not heard the boy reported seen walking was called "doughy".
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #730 on: March 07, 2010, 09:03:11 PM »

Klaas I wonder if LE had finally looked back at the tips that came in and followed up by searching the area the dogs hired by the family hit on?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: March 07, 2010, 09:06:56 PM »

Klaas I wonder if LE had finally looked back at the tips that came in and followed up by searching the area the dogs hired by the family hit on?

Has to either be something like that OR Gardner told them where to look.  That area is huge and nothing but hills/dirt/rock.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #732 on: March 07, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »

When Gardner live in Escondido does anyone know the distance from his home to Amber's home.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: March 07, 2010, 09:12:48 PM »

Remains of Missing California Girl, 14, Found Year Later
Sunday, March 07, 2010

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,588329,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: March 07, 2010, 09:24:10 PM »

When Gardner live in Escondido does anyone know the distance from his home to Amber's home.

When Amber went missing Gardner was living in apartments approx 2 miles from Amber's school.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: March 07, 2010, 09:25:10 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: March 07, 2010, 09:43:13 PM »

A year later, you don't go out into the remote rugged area of Pala to look for a skeleton, in the EARLY MORNING HOURS, unless you have specific information where to look, IMO:

"The discovery was made in the early morning hours of Saturday, in a very rugged and remote section of Pala," Escondido police Chief Jim Maher said at a news conference.

This is one area of Pala.  There's miles and miles of more of the same:

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #737 on: March 07, 2010, 09:49:59 PM »

Dubois tip didn't come from Gardner, source says
P.I. says the accused killer of Chelsea King didn't lead authorities to Amber's remains
Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 5:58 p.m.
<snipped>
Accused killer John Albert Gardner III had nothing to do with the tip that led law enforcement to Amber Dubois’ remains, according to a local private investigator who worked on the case.

Bill Garcia, hired by Amber’s family shortly after she disappeared, said he was told by a person with first-hand knowledge that the tip about the location of the remains did not come from Gardner, who was charged Wednesday with the rape and murder of Chelsea King, 17, of Poway. “The entire Chelsea King event emotionally pulled at somebody who had this information,” Garcia said. “They’ve seen the community in a lot of pain. Someone who had been afraid to say something finally came forward.”

Garcia said he’s long suspected Amber's body might be found in the Pala area, because any abductor would have wanted to get away from high-traffic areas quickly, and rural routes out of Escondido lead to the Pauma Valley. “We’ve spent a lot of time in the past year, working that canyon,” Garcia said. “You put yourself in the mindset of someone who would perpetrate this crime, and all the indicators point in that direction. It’s no mystery to me that’s where she was found.” He said his “suspicion” is that the remains were found in the northeast corner of the Pala reservation, “in an area that is difficult to get into and an area we have not searched.”

People.com initially reported that a hiker had stumbled on the remains, but a law enforcement source told The San Diego Union-Tribune that is not correct. People.com removed the reference in later versions of its story.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: March 07, 2010, 09:52:20 PM »

“They’ve seen the community in a lot of pain. Someone who had been afraid to say something finally came forward.”    Perhpas it was the g/f and mother of the twins that felt safe saying somethign now that he was behind bars.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #739 on: March 07, 2010, 09:53:55 PM »

Here's the link  http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/07/dubois-tip-didnt-come-gardner-source-says/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.