March 19, 2024, 01:18:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 565608 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: March 08, 2010, 12:42:44 PM »

I can tell you where she was found is the exact location that Search and Rescue dogs hit on when Carrie had them brought in from back east. Escondido LE was in charge of that search and decided the dogs had a false scent and cancelled that search in that particular area and had they just went back the next day Amber may have been found in, I think it was August of 2009.

I can't even think of a response to what I bolded in your post...............

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #841 on: March 08, 2010, 12:53:01 PM »

Teen loved reading and animals, large and small

As a young girl, Amber Dubois would read under her sheets with a flashlight when she should have been sleeping. Later, she would lose herself in books as her teachers taught class around her.

It was the closest she ever came to trouble.

“She was the person who would be caught by the teacher for reading, and the teacher would be like, ‘Put that book away,’ ” said Hailey Kosinski, 15.

Sunday, family, former teachers and close friends shared memories of Amber, the Escondido teenager whose remains were found near Pala in North County more than a year after her disappearance.

She was last seen shortly after 7 a.m. Feb. 13, 2009, on her way to Escondido High School, where she was a 14-year-old freshman. She had planned a happy day, evidenced by the Valentine’s Day gifts she carried for friends and a $200 check to buy a lamb for a National FFA Organization project.

As much as she loved reading, Amber adored animals and the lamb would have been the newest in her beloved menagerie.

She had decided on a French name for the lamb, Annette, after consulting with her paternal grandmother, Eugenie Dubois, who lives in La Mirada. Her father, Moe Dubois, lives in Buena Park.

The walk to campus was less than a mile from where Amber lived with her mother, Carrie McGonigle, her mother’s then-boyfriend, and her little sister, Allison. Along the way, she sent a text message to her other grandmother, Sheila Welch, about the bag of handmade Valentine’s Day gifts she had given 5-year-old Allison.

“She was so excited about going to high school because of the animal husbandry program there,” said Welch, an attorney in Paramount, a Los Angeles suburb.

Amber already owned a horse, Rojo, stabled near Welch’s home. “We were very, very close,” Welch said, “but I think sometimes she came to see Rojo and I was just there anyway.”

Then there was the dog Amber persuaded Welch to adopt. The pup was part of a litter born in the stable, and Amber decided it needed her grandmother’s care because of its deformed tail.

“She named it China,” Welch said.

Dogs, cats, a bird and the occasional guinea pig populated Amber’s life.

Her poetry reflected her love of nature and animals, said Pat Gross, Amber’s eighth-grade English teacher at Rincon Middle School in Escondido. Amber, her mother and sister had moved to Escondido from Los Angeles County before Amber started eighth grade. She had previously attended Nazarene Christian School near Paramount.

“Her poetry was always a nature theme,” Gross said.

“The thing I will remember most about Amber was her sense of wonder,” Gross said. “She was just a charming, bright, inquisitive and somewhat naive young woman with such zest for life.”

A week before she disappeared, Amber had visited Gross and chattered excitedly about the lamb. When Gross reminded her that ultimately, she would be selling it at auction, Amber reacted indignantly, focusing on the nurturing ahead.

When Gross learned Sunday that Amber’s body had been found, she said, “I am deeply, deeply saddened by the news, but also grateful because she can be at peace and maybe her family can find some comfort. But it’s unspeakably tragic.”

Carrie McGibney teaches social studies and had Amber in her class at Rincon. She described the teen as mix of live wire and bookworm. When she wasn’t chattering with friends, Amber would walk the school hallways buried in a book. McGibney would tease her about watching where she was going.

“Even in class, she would be reading a book while I lectured,” McGibney said.

Friends recalled gathering at Amber’s house before their freshman homecoming dance in fall 2008.

They hung out around Amber’s pool before getting ready for the dance.

“She doesn’t get girlie very often,” said Kelly Edward, 15. “But she looked awesome that night.”

Some of the same friends met up for the premiere of the “Twilight” movie and made T-shirts beforehand. While other girls argued over Jacob and Edward, the two main boys from the vampire series, Amber created a T-shirt emblazoned “Team Lestat,” in reference to an older literary vampire.

Amber also loved to draw wolves, dogs and other “cute and cuddly” things in her notebooks, in class notes or on blank printer paper, Hailey said.

She said Amber thought wolves “to be such kind creatures.”

“They’re sort of, I don’t know, you could escape from maybe any sort of mean people.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/07/teenager-loved-reading-and-her-menagerie-animals-l/

Escondido police need to explain why, when given the above information about Amber, jumped to the ridicules assumption she ran away? Nothing I have ever read or been told about Amber would lead someone to seriously believe she was a runaway.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #842 on: March 08, 2010, 12:54:46 PM »

When I zoom in at the intersection where the police cars sat in the picture at Pala-Temecula Rd and Arourba Rd I noticed there is something in white chalk written on the road.  Can anyone make this out?  Is it construction markings or hash group markings?

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #843 on: March 08, 2010, 12:56:18 PM »

I can tell you where she was found is the exact location that Search and Rescue dogs hit on when Carrie had them brought in from back east. Escondido LE was in charge of that search and decided the dogs had a false scent and cancelled that search in that particular area and had they just went back the next day Amber may have been found in, I think it was August of 2009.

I think this goes back to the assumption they had that Amber ranaway, they also need to explain why they canceled the search. Maybe this is why there is not a press conference schedule yet, maybe they are trying to get their ducks in a row or cover their tracks.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #844 on: March 08, 2010, 12:59:20 PM »

I think this goes back to the assumption they had that Amber ranaway, they also need to explain why they canceled the search. Maybe this is why there is not a press conference schedule yet, maybe they are trying to get their ducks in a row or cover their tracks.

This just makes me livid!  How dare they do this to her family?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #845 on: March 08, 2010, 01:01:23 PM »

When I zoom in at the intersection where the police cars sat in the picture at Pala-Temecula Rd and Arourba Rd I noticed there is something in white chalk written on the road.  Can anyone make this out?  Is it construction markings or hash group markings?

I can't tell..it says USA I think..with some other writing.  Can you turn it upside down?  There also appears to be a for sale sign.  Does this indicate it is NOT on Indian land? 

NCMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #846 on: March 08, 2010, 01:03:12 PM »

NR, what date is your google image?  This is all very interesting, especially if that is hash group markings.  There was picture posted earlier in the thread with on lookers at this location and the writing is not there.  Very interesting if the google image was taken last year.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #847 on: March 08, 2010, 01:03:44 PM »

How anyone could have possibly thought Amber ran away is beyond me.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #848 on: March 08, 2010, 01:04:33 PM »

Played around with the contrast of the photo and rotated to read easier.

On one side of the arrow it looks like "TOP" with "Hill" underneath that
On the other side it looks like "USA" - I don't know whats underneath USA.. I think I see an "N" .. it kinda looks like "No" 

Reminds me of construction markings..

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #849 on: March 08, 2010, 01:07:20 PM »

I think it says, usa temec hwy no I think it is writing from a street/hwy crew
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: March 08, 2010, 01:18:57 PM »

NR, what date is your google image?  This is all very interesting, especially if that is hash group markings.  There was picture posted earlier in the thread with on lookers at this location and the writing is not there.  Very interesting if the google image was taken last year.

I got them from Google Earth and the picture only says 2009. 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: March 08, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »

I think it says, usa temec hwy no I think it is writing from a street/hwy crew

It looks like street crew writing to me also.   

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #852 on: March 08, 2010, 01:21:34 PM »

I just want to say again to our research teams at Scared Monkeys , Web Sleuths and Blogs for Natalee that All of you did a wondeful thing for this family and I know "because I am here" that you do this for many family's of the missing.

It is an honor to share the field of battle with all of you for such a noble cause.

Thank You

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: March 08, 2010, 01:23:21 PM »

Can one of the powerful monkeys please delete post 850
T/Y

Done.  YW Edward.  Powerful?  Not really.  That would be Klaasend    MB
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 01:32:01 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #854 on: March 08, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »

I just want to say again to our research teams at Scared Monkeys , Web Sleuths and Blogs for Natalee that All of you did a wondeful thing for this family and I know "because I am here" that you do this for many family's of the missing.

It is an honor to share the field of battle with all of you for such a noble cause.

Thank You

I second that sentiment Edward...and thanks to you for all that you do as well...

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: March 08, 2010, 01:28:41 PM »

Thank You

yes THANK YOU!!  Edward - you have been the rock for Amber here and deserve a huge amount of recogonition.   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: March 08, 2010, 01:33:04 PM »

Thank You

yes THANK YOU!!  Edward - you have been the rock for Amber here and deserve a huge amount of recogonition.   

ITA   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #857 on: March 08, 2010, 01:34:20 PM »

So many wonderful people on this forum and another that I frequent that have done such a great job. I'm sure Amber's family appreciate all of your hard work.  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: March 08, 2010, 01:34:20 PM »

Amber Dubois' remains found
Police say discovery near Pala ends 13-month search for Escondido teen

<snipped>

The remains were found west of Pala Temecula Road, about three miles north of the historic Pala Mission — the same area where the remains of 7-year-old Leticia Hernandez were discovered 15 months after she disappeared from her Oceanside home in 1989.

<snipped>

In the Amber case Sunday night, Escondido police had perimeter tape set up west of Pala Temecula Road.

Pala Creek runs to the east of it.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/07/site-ambers-remains-north-pala-mission/
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #859 on: March 08, 2010, 01:35:51 PM »

Thank You

an angelic monkey

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.