March 19, 2024, 12:06:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 565591 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: March 08, 2010, 05:02:27 PM »

Not found any news covering Gardner live in court this afternoon.  Guess we just have to wait.
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #941 on: March 08, 2010, 05:06:55 PM »

it had to have been Gardner who told LE where Amber was ...otherwise, I don't think by the looks of that area that Amber would have ever been found...jmo...someone, perhaps Gardner knew that area and put Amber there...jmo...

I agree and I cannot help but wonder if there was a hasher event in Pala in '08-early '09.
I think the new felony for Gardner will be murder of Amber.

I have been updating like crazy, finding pics here and elsewhere and media sources, thanks to all, Amber's album looks pretty good.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Amber%20Dubois/

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #942 on: March 08, 2010, 05:12:09 PM »

it had to have been Gardner who told LE where Amber was ...otherwise, I don't think by the looks of that area that Amber would have ever been found...jmo...someone, perhaps Gardner knew that area and put Amber there...jmo...

I agree and I cannot help but wonder if there was a hasher event in Pala in '08-early '09.

I have been updating like crazy, finding pics here and elsewhere and media sources, thanks to all, Amber's album looks pretty good.
Thank-you
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: March 08, 2010, 05:14:56 PM »

Thank you   an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: March 08, 2010, 05:17:14 PM »

an angelic monkey
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: March 08, 2010, 05:19:02 PM »

Not found any news covering Gardner live in court this afternoon.  Guess we just have to wait.

thanks NR....so we wait.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: March 08, 2010, 05:19:22 PM »

Amber DuBois' Family Disagrees on Who Killed Her
Father Believes It Was Jailed Sex Offender, Grandmother Thinks Someone Else

The family of Amber DuBois, the missing California teenager whose body was found over the weekend, are divided as to whether she was killed by the same sex offender recently charged with the rape and murder of Chelsea King.

DuBois disppeared more than a year ago and her skeletal remains were discovered Sunday, less than a week after registered sex offender John Albert Gardner III, 30, was arrested for the rape and murder of 17-year-old King.

In the aftermath of King's disappearance on Feb. 25, police linked Gardner to several near abductions in the area and speculated he may have played a role in DuBois' disappearance last year.

At a press conference immediately following Gardner's arraignment on March 4, Maurice DuBois said "there are enough similarities" between the two cases that he was confident Dubois and King were both killed by Gardner.

DuBois' grandmother and the private eye the family initially hired to find Amber, however, believe someone other than Gardner else is responsible for killing the Escondido High School student who vanished Feb. 13, 2009.

"The M.O. [modus operandi] for Gardner doesn't fit," said Michelle Bart, spokeswoman Dubois' grandmother Sheila Welch. "He stalks his prey and waited for girls in secluded areas where he could take advantage of them. Amber was walking outside in plain sight with other kids on her way to school. She was excited to get to school that day. She had Valentines and wanted to buy a lamb."

The lamb was part of DuBois' project as a member of the Future Farmers of America.

"Someone had to get her attention, and it is likely it was somebody she knew or trusted," Bart said.

San Diego County sheriffs have said Gardner has not cooperated with police since his arrest, diminishing the chances that he told investigators where to find DuBois' remains.

Authorities said Sunday they were given a tip that led them to find Dubois' body, but would not comment on the details of who led them to the girl's remains, or if she was buried in a shallow grave similar to the one in which King was found.

MORE...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/amber-dubois-family-split-killed-chelsea-kings-suspected/story?id=10045235
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: March 08, 2010, 05:19:47 PM »

thanks for you work and for sharing it with us.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #948 on: March 08, 2010, 05:22:57 PM »

Thank you Northern Rose  an angelic monkey

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #949 on: March 08, 2010, 05:28:37 PM »

I disagree with Michelle Barts assessment that this crime doesn't fit his M.O. I think considering the other crimes witnesses have come forward with, it does fit.

Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #950 on: March 08, 2010, 05:32:11 PM »

We have nothing to do with this "Sheriff Jay" event. 

Would you like me to go to where that post is here at Scared Monkeys and make a  notation?  MuffyBee

I will MuffyBee - thank you...

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #951 on: March 08, 2010, 05:34:18 PM »

Drive Thru Fund Raiser for the Families of Amber Dubois and Chelsea King!

EVENT: Drive Thru Fund Raiser for Chelsea King & Amber Dubois Families
WHEN: Tuesday, 23 March, 2010
TIME: 4-7:00pm
WHERE: Scottish Rite Center Parking Lot:  1895 Camino del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92108

WHAT: To raise $$$ for and show our community’s support for the families of Chelsea King & Amber Dubios.

Come on down and show your support for the families of Chelsea King and Amber Dubois! Drop a donation into the bucket, Sign the cards, meet Rick Amato & Jay La Suer, and enjoy a bite to eat from some of San Diego’s hottest restaurants! Let’s show our love and MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

Can’t make it by? You may send your donations and well wishes to Rick & Jay.  Please make checks payable directly to “Dubois” and/or “King”  and we will forward all cards & donations to the families.

Mail to:

“Sheriff Jay”
P O Box 2115
La Mesa, Ca 91943

http://sheriffjay.org/blog/archives/421

The Amber Leeanne Dubois Trust is not connected with this event in any way, shape or form.  Thank you.

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #952 on: March 08, 2010, 05:34:53 PM »

Today I went to a book fair at my childrens school and  donated 2 books to their library in honor of Amber's memory and her love for reading. One was about Wolves and had a beautiful wolf on the front cover and the other was a young readers book about spring which had a little cute lamb on the front. Inside the front cover the librarian put on a lable that read, in memory of Amber Dubios. Now Ambers love of reading will maybe inspire another child.

It is funny how someone that you have never met can have such an inpact on your life as Amber has on mine.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #953 on: March 08, 2010, 05:35:40 PM »

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Amber-Dubois-Escondido-Chelsea-King-Gardner/3WSDlxSD5UmLdlJnvhelsA.cspx    Saying there is a link.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: March 08, 2010, 05:37:21 PM »

IMO Jerseygirl was correct about the location.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: March 08, 2010, 05:38:10 PM »

Today I went to a book fair at my childrens school and  donated 2 books to their library in honor of Amber's memory and her love for reading. One was about Wolves and had a beautiful wolf on the front cover and the other was a young readers book about spring which had a little cute lamb on the front. Inside the front cover the librarian put on a lable that read, in memory of Amber Dubios. Now Ambers love of reading will maybe inspire another child.

It is funny how someone that you have never met can have such an inpact on your life as Amber has on mine.

Tracy that was very thoughtful and I am sure Amber is looking down with a big smile and saying Thanks!!

That is the kind of impact Natalee made in my life and why I still have her poster in the back window of my car.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #956 on: March 08, 2010, 05:38:18 PM »

Escondido Police Link Amber Dubois' Death to Chelsea King Murder Suspect John Gardner
  Reported by: San Diego 6 News Team
Email: newstips@sandiego6.com
Last Update: 2:25 pm 

Print Story | ShareThis   

Slideshow
 ESCONDIDO - Escondido police revealed Monday afternoon that convicted sex offender John Albert Gardner III is the focus of their investigation into the death of Amber Dubois. 

Gardner is in custody on suspicion of rape and murder in the case of Poway teen Chelsea King.

Escondido police issued a one sentence statement Monday afternoon from Lt. Craig Carter saying "The Amber Dubois crime scene is still being processed and John Albert Gardner III remains a focus of  the investigation."

It was the first time Escondido investigators had publicly acknowledged that the suspect in Chelsea King's killing was also the focus of the Amber Dubois investigation.

Escondido police held a brief news conference Sunday afternoon to announce the search for Amber had ended after more than a year. 

"The discovery was made in the early morning hours of Saturday, in a very rugged and remote section of Pala,'' Escondido police Chief Jim Maher said at a news conference.

Pala is in northern San Diego County, about 25 miles from Escondido.

The chief said detectives were following a lead when her body was found. 

"Positive identification was subsequently made by the San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office late Saturday afternoon by way of a dental records comparison,'' Maher said.  "Her parents were notified in person by Escondido and sheriff's investigators Saturday night.

The remains were found near  Pala Mission Road and County Road S16.   Sheriff investigators combed the grounds for evidence into this murder investigation.

Investigators close to the case tell San Diego 6 News a hiker discovered the remains, and then notified the authorities.

Amber's parents attended the news conference.  Her father choked back tears long enough to thank those who worked fo help find his daughter.  Volunteer searchers had worked most weekends since Amber's disappearance.

"They were the most dedicated people you could ever imagine,'' Maurice Dubois said.  "Without them, we couldn't have done anything.''

Amber returned to public attention since the arrest -- by the Sheriff's Department -- of John Albert Gardner III in connection with the disappearance and death of 17-year-old Chelsea King in nearby Rancho Bernardo.

Additional counselors were available Monday at Escondido High School tohelp students cope with the weekend discovery of 14-year-old AmberDubois' skeletal remains, more than a year after the freshmandisappeared while walking to school.

The North County high school planned a candlelight remembrance for Amber Monday night at 6:30.

"Amberhas been lost to us but she'll be remembered in the memories of ourstaff and students," EHS Principal Rich Watkins told reporters thismorning.

Chelsea's parents said Monday they had talked with Amber's parents.   “We have spoken with the Dubois family and our hearts go out to them in this time of deep sadness," said the statement from Kelly and Brent King.  "We share their indescribable grief for the loss of Amber’s precious young life.”

Amber's grandmother, Shela Welch released an open letter Monday that she wrote thanking volunteers and supporters in the search for Amber.  "We so wish that you had been able to meet our Amber and discover for yourself what an extraordinary young woman she was," said Welch.

The entire letter is printed below.

Gardner is a registered sex offender who lived recently in Escondido.  Investigators were looking into any involvement he might have had with Amber, or in other unsolved crimes.

Investigators did not reveal Sunday whether Gardner played any role in the discovery of Amber Dubois' remains.

Amber was 14 when she disappeared more than a year ago while walking to Escondido High School.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: March 08, 2010, 05:38:25 PM »

Police: John Gardner focus of Amber Dubois murder investigation (video)

ESCONDIDO, Calif. (CBS Cool — Police now say John Gardner is the focus of the Amber Dubois murder investigation.  Meanwhile, the area where the 14-year-old's remains were found over the weekend is still being processed.  The crime scene is located in a remote corner of the Pala Indian Reservation.

This is a Breaking News Alert. The original story is below.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12099609
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: March 08, 2010, 05:39:28 PM »

Thanks no rose - no shock to any of us:

Escondido Police Link Amber Dubois' Death to Chelsea King Murder Suspect John Gardner
   Reported by: San Diego 6 News Team
Email: newstips@sandiego6.com
Last Update: 2:25 pm

ESCONDIDO - Escondido police revealed Monday afternoon that convicted sex offender John Albert Gardner III is the focus of their investigation into the death of Amber Dubois.

Gardner is in custody on suspicion of rape and murder in the case of Poway teen Chelsea King.

Escondido police issued a one sentence statement Monday afternoon from Lt. Craig Carter saying "The Amber Dubois crime scene is still being processed and John Albert Gardner III remains a focus of  the investigation."

It was the first time Escondido investigators had publicly acknowledged that the suspect in Chelsea King's killing was also the focus of the Amber Dubois investigation.

Escondido police held a brief news conference Sunday afternoon to announce the search for Amber had ended after more than a year.

"The discovery was made in the early morning hours of Saturday, in a very rugged and remote section of Pala,'' Escondido police Chief Jim Maher said at a news conference.

Pala is in northern San Diego County, about 25 miles from Escondido.

(snipped)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: March 08, 2010, 05:40:20 PM »

thanks nrcg

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.