March 28, 2024, 11:05:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 566805 times)
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2010, 01:22:58 AM »

Sebastian

That SO's name is MERRIL OLIVER TRACY, LAST KNOWN ADDRESS IS 30012 OLD HWY 395#82, ESCONDIDO, CA 92026. He has a kidnapping conviction. I did send and email to the RV park but the manager sent me back an email stating that they do not give out that information. At the time I was too angry to send her back check your sex offender registry Be-ach.

I take my camera with me every where I go and have pictures of the boarded up building. I use to drive that route every Monday a few years back (had a client in Temecula) and that property always had police chasing off transients. It has just been the last year that they put up the boards and block of the entrance with a No Trespassing sign.

Question: do you have to put photo's on line (photo bucket or Flicker) before you can insert it into the body of your response?

Bingo, that would be the one. I have heard some things and this is what I know. Someone went to his door (travel trailer) and a man answered. The man did not look like the SO. If it was the SO this person has cleaned himself up since his mug shot on the SO site. Anyways, this man said that he heard that he moved. This particular SO had a rough childhood. There were several siblings and they were all put up in foster homes and I believe they were all seperated quite young. One of the siblings was looking for him. I don't know if they found him or not. It makes me extremely angry that he is a high level offender and has re-located and his address has not been updated. Then again, it could have been him that answered the door, but from what I was told "highly doubtful". The other thing that bothers me is that the cellphone ping could have come from where he lives. I am sure that LE has checked him out (if they were able to find him). I just don't know.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2010, 01:25:10 AM »

Sebastian

That SO's name is MERRIL OLIVER TRACY, LAST KNOWN ADDRESS IS 30012 OLD HWY 395#82, ESCONDIDO, CA 92026. He has a kidnapping conviction. I did send and email to the RV park but the manager sent me back an email stating that they do not give out that information. At the time I was too angry to send her back check your sex offender registry Be-ach.

I take my camera with me every where I go and have pictures of the boarded up building. I use to drive that route every Monday a few years back (had a client in Temecula) and that property always had police chasing off transients. It has just been the last year that they put up the boards and block of the entrance with a No Trespassing sign.

Question: do you have to put photo's on line (photo bucket or Flicker) before you can insert it into the body of your response?

Can you give me directions to the area? Or a general idea. I grew up in Escondido and know the area pretty well.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2010, 01:35:38 AM »

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_0a08ffc4-6e85-57c0-9eec-8306cc97468c.html

This is another article about todays walk-a-thon. Can someone do their magic and post it. I am not good at this.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2010, 01:49:32 AM »

Sebastian,
Kids go missing while walking to and from school more then any other time of the day. I think it is because of the distraction of kids walking, cars coming and going, buses around. It is like a child can get lost in the chaos.
I also wonder if what could have happened was a car was parked parallele to Broadway, next to the baseball field and was watching for a girl to happen by just  at that right moment. I have to say I find it strange that they seemed to stay away from camera's, was that just lucky on their part or was it planned?
I still think that boy was a ploy to get Amber's guard down. He could have easily came up to her from that parking lot and said he was new and lost. Then as they pass the driveway a vehicle ( I imagine a van) pulls up, he pulls a weapon and tells her to get into the vehicle or someone simply pulls her in. It would take just a few seconds for that to happen, I think faster then Amber could respond.
If Amber was kidnapped off the street I think it is safe to say a car/van/truck was used..So which type of vehicle makes sense that a girl could be taken off the street and no one either sees it or notices? A car I think would be too small and people could easily see in a window. A truck/SUV could work but they are also a bit off the ground which may make it more difficult to pull someone in or push them in? A van with a sliding side door may work. A person could be on the inside of the van, open the door and pull while the boy pushes. It is large enough to conceal it from the street side and there are no windows. Unless I am forgetting a vehicle to me it makes the most sense to say a van could have be used.
I wish I had access to the intersection camera's or the camera's facing the street from school or businesses. What I would give right now to have more information. 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2010, 02:00:46 AM »

Sebastian,
Kids go missing while walking to and from school more then any other time of the day. I think it is because of the distraction of kids walking, cars coming and going, buses around. It is like a child can get lost in the chaos.
I also wonder if what could have happened was a car was parked parallele to Broadway, next to the baseball field and was watching for a girl to happen by just  at that right moment. I have to say I find it strange that they seemed to stay away from camera's, was that just lucky on their part or was it planned?
I still think that boy was a ploy to get Amber's guard down. He could have easily came up to her from that parking lot and said he was new and lost. Then as they pass the driveway a vehicle ( I imagine a van) pulls up, he pulls a weapon and tells her to get into the vehicle or someone simply pulls her in. It would take just a few seconds for that to happen, I think faster then Amber could respond.
If Amber was kidnapped off the street I think it is safe to say a car/van/truck was used..So which type of vehicle makes sense that a girl could be taken off the street and no one either sees it or notices? A car I think would be too small and people could easily see in a window. A truck/SUV could work but they are also a bit off the ground which may make it more difficult to pull someone in or push them in? A van with a sliding side door may work. A person could be on the inside of the van, open the door and pull while the boy pushes. It is large enough to conceal it from the street side and there are no windows. Unless I am forgetting a vehicle to me it makes the most sense to say a van could have be used.
I wish I had access to the intersection camera's or the camera's facing the street from school or businesses. What I would give right now to have more information. 

Edit: fix quote.  MB

Carrie took me to the last place that Amber was spotted. There is nothing that could block the view and surely Amber would have put up a fight. If you follow Amber's walk on an online map from Dave's house to the school, I am more apt to think that the witnesses were mistaken and she was grabbed in front of the Christian school. There is another area that she could have been nabbed from as well. I would really appreciate it if you could trace that walk online and tell me what your thoughts are.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:32:46 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2010, 02:00:48 AM »

Detectives later learned that the truck belonged to the parent of a student at the high school. They questioned the parent and determined the truck probably had nothing to do with the girl's disappearance.

And determined the truck PROBABLY had nothing to do with the girls disappearance. Odd phrasing. That is different then saying the truck had nothing to do with it.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2010, 02:15:31 AM »

Sebastian I have done that several times. I have gone on goggle street view and gone up paradise to Vista to broadway to the front of the school. I agree there are several places along her route that someone could have taken her. Did LE check the intersection camera to see if Amber crossed the street? The other school has camera's did she show up on them? What about the church, I bet they have camera's? It should be easy to determine if Amber made it to where the witnesses say they saw her.
If you take the Somer case for a moment she was a little girl walking in a huge crowd and vanished...it happens all of the time that people are taken with others around and no one sees anything. IF a van pulled up to Amber, someone opened a side door and if she was walking with that boy, she could have been grabbed so fast, faster then she could react. I think Edward said 3 seconds? but in that 3 seconds you have at least 2 seconds of WTF is going on, if there is a weapon such as a knife your dealing with fear, before she knows it she is in the van, the door slams shut and she is taken. If parents are dropping off their children in that spot, it would not seem strange to anyone to see a vehicle on the side of the road.  And if it is a vehicle with blackened out windows or a van, no one can see inside or the other side of the car. I really think it was either a truck or a van, something high enough that you cannot see the other side of it.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2010, 02:20:30 AM »

Sebastian I have done that several times. I have gone on goggle street view and gone up paradise to Vista to broadway to the front of the school. I agree there are several places along her route that someone could have taken her. Did LE check the intersection camera to see if Amber crossed the street? The other school has camera's did she show up on them? What about the church, I bet they have camera's? It should be easy to determine if Amber made it to where the witnesses say they saw her.
If you take the Somer case for a moment she was a little girl walking in a huge crowd and vanished...it happens all of the time that people are taken with others around and no one sees anything. IF a van pulled up to Amber, someone opened a side door and if she was walking with that boy, she could have been grabbed so fast, faster then she could react. I think Edward said 3 seconds? but in that 3 seconds you have at least 2 seconds of WTF is going on, if there is a weapon such as a knife your dealing with fear, before she knows it she is in the van, the door slams shut and she is taken. If parents are dropping off their children in that spot, it would not seem strange to anyone to see a vehicle on the side of the road.  And if it is a vehicle with blackened out windows or a van, no one can see inside or the other side of the car. I really think it was either a truck or a van, something high enough that you cannot see the other side of it.

I really wish that along with photos (that do not seem to be updated) they would also tell you what a sex offender drives. The other thing? What was the sex offender caught doing? Was it a sex offense against the same sex, opposite sex? What was the situation? What was the exact age of the child that they offended? They give you so little that it makes it so hard to narrow the search down with the huge list of offenders!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2010, 02:21:31 AM »

I forgot that morning the article says there were constuction trucks parked, that could have helped to block the view from the front view.  the street is at an incline too, not level and there are bushes at the side of the street. Tell me, go on Google maps and tell me where exacly Amber was last seen by the last witness as she walked with the boy. I think it was after the lot driveway, right? But was it infront of the building, the telephone poll the bushes up ahead? 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2010, 02:22:34 AM »

Detectives later learned that the truck belonged to the parent of a student at the high school. They questioned the parent and determined the truck probably had nothing to do with the girl's disappearance.

And determined the truck PROBABLY had nothing to do with the girls disappearance. Odd phrasing. That is different then saying the truck had nothing to do with it.

I agree with that. You would think it would be definately, not probably. That makes me wonder if they are still looking into this guy? Or it could have simply have been a misuse of wording.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2010, 02:38:44 AM »

I forgot that morning the article says there were constuction trucks parked, that could have helped to block the view from the front view.  the street is at an incline too, not level and there are bushes at the side of the street. Tell me, go on Google maps and tell me where exacly Amber was last seen by the last witness as she walked with the boy. I think it was after the lot driveway, right? But was it infront of the building, the telephone poll the bushes up ahead? 

I went to google maps and there is a school bus that blocks the view. If I am remembering correctly, it was after the driveways, right before the front of the school, and the only thing that would have been to Amber's right was a fence. The fence is the open type that you can see right through. The bushes were too low for anyone to really hide behind. Someone would have had to pull up to the curb and grap her really quick like you said. The witness thing bothers me somewhat. It was drizzling that day and more likely than not, Amber would have had her hood on. She was walking, wearing all black including possibly a hood over her hair. It could have been that the witnesses THOUGHT it was Amber. I also do not know when these witnesses were spoken to. Remember, in the beginning, LE thought she was a run away. Who knows, the witnesses may have came forward the next week. In that case, are they POSITIVE it was Friday and not Thursday? If the witnesses were used to seeing Amber walking to school every day, they certainly could have confused the days. The biggest puzzler for me is the cellphone ping the next day. Someone who knew what type of a phone that it was as they hit *82 or 3 to check messages. Having said this, some kids could have found the phone on the side of the road, but why would they be interested in checking messages? You would think that they would have wanted to make free phone calls or check any photos that she may have had on her phone. In that case, the ping would have lasted for more than a few seconds. I really think that the perp had her phone the next day. Which brings us back to Escondido and the North Broadway area.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2010, 02:51:11 AM »

It is late and maybe this will not make a lot of sense, but here goes anyways. If you think about the cell phone ping, it does not make any sense to me that a stranger would give a hoot about Amber's messages on her voice mail. In my opinion the only thing that would make sense would be if it were Amber (which I cannot fathom) or someone that knew Amber or her family. Someone that knew Amber or her family would have a concern about her messages where as a stranger would not. The phone did not ping because they were trying to make a call, it pinged because someone was trying to check messages.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2010, 02:59:40 AM »

I think the witnesses would mentally bookmark seeing Amber that morning because most likey they heard of her going missing either that day or the next. Also and this was also said by Carrie that Amber had a certain walk that would stand out if someone knew her so that makes me think even if she had a hoodie on they would know how she was.
On Google maps from the driveway from the bus yard go south on Broadway count 3 telephone poles, I think this area would be a place a van could pull up and grab her. If she got past the bus shop (the beigish building) then no one from that area would see her. There would be nothing on her right but bushes and the field which is below the street level. I think the construction trucks were parked right after that so they would have blocked the view from the front. a windowless van would block the view from the left and if they waited until the coast was clear enough no one would be coming up Broadway, but even if a car did pass, it would not seem strange to have a vehicle parked there as that is a drop off/pick up spot it seems.
BTW, I know Carrie doesn't want to think the boy has anything to do with this and I think it is because she strongly doesn't want it assumed that Amber talked with boys and has just ran away, however, I have read cases that a ploy was used and I do think that is what could have happened. It just makes sense to me.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2010, 03:09:17 AM »

It is late and maybe this will not make a lot of sense, but here goes anyways. If you think about the cell phone ping, it does not make any sense to me that a stranger would give a hoot about Amber's messages on her voice mail. In my opinion the only thing that would make sense would be if it were Amber (which I cannot fathom) or someone that knew Amber or her family. Someone that knew Amber or her family would have a concern about her messages where as a stranger would not. The phone did not ping because they were trying to make a call, it pinged because someone was trying to check messages.

I don't know, the cell phone ping has me a bit confused. I have to be honest and say it never made much sense to me that the passwork was changed.
I have tried to run through the certain scenarios...Lets say I found a phone, not sure if I would check the v/m's, maybe I would if I was trying to figure out who's it was but I would think I would have it one for a little longer then a few minutes.
I thought well if I was a criminal and I kidnapped a person and their cell phone was ringing and ringing and voicemail after voicemail were being left, I may have checked to see who I needed to watch out for. IF this was a random kidnapping they would not have really known Amber, where she lived, who her family was. They may have checked the voicemail using the 111 and when that didn't worked didn't want to ping the phone any longer. I imagined them throwing the phone in water, is there a lake or something ilke that within 5 miles of that cell tower? Water would turn off the phone right away.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2010, 03:10:18 AM »

I think the witnesses would mentally bookmark seeing Amber that morning because most likey they heard of her going missing either that day or the next. Also and this was also said by Carrie that Amber had a certain walk that would stand out if someone knew her so that makes me think even if she had a hoodie on they would know how she was.
On Google maps from the driveway from the bus yard go south on Broadway count 3 telephone poles, I think this area would be a place a van could pull up and grab her. If she got past the bus shop (the beigish building) then no one from that area would see her. There would be nothing on her right but bushes and the field which is below the street level. I think the construction trucks were parked right after that so they would have blocked the view from the front. a windowless van would block the view from the left and if they waited until the coast was clear enough no one would be coming up Broadway, but even if a car did pass, it would not seem strange to have a vehicle parked there as that is a drop off/pick up spot it seems.
BTW, I know Carrie doesn't want to think the boy has anything to do with this and I think it is because she strongly doesn't want it assumed that Amber talked with boys and has just ran away, however, I have read cases that a ploy was used and I do think that is what could have happened. It just makes sense to me.

I wish I knew who the boy was. I think I read somewhere that the police gave the witnesses school yearbooks and they could not find the boy. I don't think it would be anyone that Amber had known prior because you would think that one of her friends would have known who he was or said something. Having said this, anything is possible. Maybe the kid, whoever he is, started walking and talking with Amber and she just thought it was an older student at school. I just don't know. I also wonder if it could have been the older brother of one of her friends, but I am sure that LE has checked into that as well.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2010, 03:16:49 AM »

I don't know, the cell phone ping has me a bit confused. I have to be honest and say it never made much sense to me that the passwork was changed.
I have tried to run through the certain scenarios...Lets say I found a phone, not sure if I would check the v/m's, maybe I would if I was trying to figure out who's it was but I would think I would have it one for a little longer then a few minutes.
I thought well if I was a criminal and I kidnapped a person and their cell phone was ringing and ringing and voicemail after voicemail were being left, I may have checked to see who I needed to watch out for. IF this was a random kidnapping they would not have really known Amber, where she lived, who her family was. They may have checked the voicemail using the 111 and when that didn't worked didn't want to ping the phone any longer. I imagined them throwing the phone in water, is there a lake or something ilke that within 5 miles of that cell tower? Water would turn off the phone right away.

I hate that the cell phone ping is within a 5 mile radius! There are several lakes. I just cannot wrap my head around a stranger caring who was calling or what the messages were about. Unless there is more to that cellphone ping that I do not know about, it leads me to believe it was not a complete stranger. Who else would care what friends or family were calling or leaving messages on that phone unless they were someone that knew Amber or her family? Again, it is late and my overactive imagination may be getting the best of me. Goodnight Tracygirl! I will see you here again soon!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2010, 03:22:49 AM »

Surely LE thought about if the boy was new to the school then he would not have been in the previous year's Year Book. Seems though that if he was walking that day, in the rain then he was walking every other day. I think it sounds more logical to say he didn't go to that school then he did. As you said, it would have been figured out by now.

Does the witness that said Amber was with a boy, does she have any motive to say Amber was with a boy? Is she a nice supportive person to Amber. I read a comment once by a poster on a newspaper site saying something about her. I think the poster was asking her to tell why she didn't drive Amber to school anymore. That has always made me wonder if she had some type of motive.

So Amber has a friend with an older brother who fits this boy? Does he go to that school? did he say he was around that morning and recalls seeing Amber?

I have to go to sleep, I am so tired. I will check for answers tomorrow. Prayers to everyone tonight.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2010, 03:27:19 AM »

lol we are doing it again, thinking the same thing. Goodnight Sebastian.

BTW, remember who ever took her is a criminal and not in his or her right mind. Imagine what a person like that would do, not what you would do (unless you too are crazy, lol just kidding)

What seems unlikely to us may be a normal reaction to them.

Goodnight!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2010, 01:19:45 PM »

What I had learned on this is different from what I first understood.
This parent had a kid who was cutting school and this father was out to catch the kid..
That is the reason for the odd behavior in the vehicle. In other words, this is why he moves various positions in the bus area parking lot.
Does Amber know his Cutting Kid ? Is that the boy she is seen walking with ?
Apparently this was all verified by LE.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2010, 01:48:55 PM »

Thank you Edward for sharing that information. I suppose the dad could have been hiding to catch his son? Sounds sort of a strange thing to do though.

Can someone that knows, can you please tell us if the camera's at both schools, the church and at the intersections were checked? Was amber seen on any of the camera's anywhere?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.