March 28, 2024, 04:55:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 566882 times)
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2010, 02:43:04 PM »

There are no street camera's on Broadway by the the school. The camera that is located on Vista and Broadway is one of the old ones that was shut off a long time ago, because they issued false traffic violations. If there are camera's at the church school I'm guessing they would be directed toward the parking lot and not the street. That parking lot is to the side and behind the church school.

I wonder how extensively the LE investigated the Construction Trucks parked along the street delivering material. Could the boy have worked for the Construction Co.? Who are the employees that were at the site? Are they all still working for the Construction Co.? Any of them Sex Offenders? Did THEY see any thing? Did THEY have to navigate around a vehicle that was parked, but was not one of theirs?

The perp had a window of time between 7:09 and 7:15 before the traffic became heavy for dropping off kids at school.

Did LE interview all children that walked the same route that show up on the surveillance tape after 7:09? Did they see anything, pick up any dropped valentine packages? Did a van have on very loud music?

Parking is allowed along that street, so the perp could have been parked there for a time without being noticed. I too would go back to the white van theory. 

ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »

Sebastian

If you take Center City Rd north out of Escondido, do not get on the freeway. The road changes into Champagne. Follow that road I think just past the intersection of  Hidden Meadows Road on the right side of the road is a boarded up building about 200 feet from the road. I know vehicles have been there because they have left  deep impression in the dirt (mud). It's an Ideal place to commit a crime.
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2010, 04:56:42 PM »

If this worked, this is the picture of the abandon building off hwy 395
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2010, 05:15:53 PM »

i wonder if they have the list of kids who didn't go to school that day, maybe those kids who were absent, or "cut school" saw something? or were involved..maybe a student hit her by accident with their car and they covered it up..this is the last thing that could have happened to Amber but teenagers are not very good drivers... if that is the case, there would have been some piece of Amber at least her hair on the ground... but it was raining... just speculating once again...

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2010, 05:49:37 PM »

It should end in a     .jpg
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2010, 05:49:44 PM »

Sebastian

I tryed again with the RV park and just received back an e-mail from the Manager. She did say that The SO is no longer living in the park. She and the SO had been questioned by the police. She said she never saw any children with the SO just his wife.
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2010, 05:54:04 PM »

One last try this is the abandon house off 395

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2010, 05:56:40 PM »

Very good info..

I do not think the SO was going to bring Amber Home to his wife..

IF He is involved his travel routes on the day in question could help prove him IN or Out of the investigation.
Cell phone records on his part and work attendance if he started at 6 or 10 or not at all.
Witness to his vehicle on that day..
Things like that.
S.O. would not be somebody that I would trust the opinion of. Questioning him means nothing really.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2010, 06:06:39 PM »

The first time you had

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17194641@N06/4356842953/

The second time you have

just numbers and a m.jpg

It should start off with the www.flickr.com and end with a .jpg  and you should highlight all of that and paste it in between the image markers
It looks like this

Most photos on the internet can be placed in the forum if it ends in a .jpg or .gif
right clicked on photo and then pick properties and then highlight the image address as suggested and place it between the image marker
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2010, 06:10:17 PM »

Sorry I can not edit scared monkeys forum..

Let me just grab your image .. and what I highlighted and copied was this after right clicking you photo..

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4356842953_e04d5d800f.jpg
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2010, 08:56:13 PM »

Sebastian

If you take Center City Rd north out of Escondido, do not get on the freeway. The road changes into Champagne. Follow that road I think just past the intersection of  Hidden Meadows Road on the right side of the road is a boarded up building about 200 feet from the road. I know vehicles have been there because they have left  deep impression in the dirt (mud). It's an Ideal place to commit a crime.

I don't recall seeing this place. I have friends who live in Hidden Meadows but probably don't go far enough to have seen it. Great find! I hope you are not planning on going in and checking it out. There could be drugged out squatters. I will tell Carrie to ask her contact at LE if they have checked it out.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2010, 08:58:49 PM »

Sebastian

I tryed again with the RV park and just received back an e-mail from the Manager. She did say that The SO is no longer living in the park. She and the SO had been questioned by the police. She said she never saw any children with the SO just his wife.

I cannot believe that you got the manager to respond to you. Perhaps you should be doing detective work! This bothers me even more now. Why has his address not been changed and updated? How often do they update these guys? I would not put an ounce of trust in his wife. If she married a known SO who knows what else she is capable of. I wonder how soon he moved after being questioned by LE? I wonder if LE knows he moved? I wonder why he felt the need to move? Too many MORE questions!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2010, 11:50:19 PM »

Thank you for the information on the camera's. I wish we can find out forsure about the church and the other school camera's. They don't always just point to a parking lot. Schools sometimes hit the sidewalk...Never know. 

The perp had a window of time between 7:09 and 7:15 before the traffic became heavy for dropping off kids at school.

This sentance makes it clear to me this may not have been just a random act by the kidnapper...He must have planned this. Another thing? The placement of where Amber vanished..it was clearly out of view of camera's, it was a drop off/pick up area and it was pretty isolated from view. Then it being a rainy morning would make the traffic higher for that day making it less likely that a vehical pulling up would be noticed. Amber walked everyday to school and according to Carrie she walked the same path everyday. Seems that if they targeted Amber directly they would have picked a different area...I think the victim is random but the act was planned. If that is true then the person must live in that area and had been around prior to 2/13/09. Maybe he lives close enough to watch or he worked in that area or he could have just been casing it out for some time.
BTW I cannot believe I see on Google maps girls walking alone. What is it going to take before kids don't walk to and from school alone? I can understand if a child has not been kidnapped in an area, then it is ignorace, but Amber went missing walking that same path!

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2010, 12:42:49 AM »

Thank you for the information on the camera's. I wish we can find out forsure about the church and the other school camera's. They don't always just point to a parking lot. Schools sometimes hit the sidewalk...Never know. 

This sentance makes it clear to me this may not have been just a random act by the kidnapper...He must have planned this. Another thing? The placement of where Amber vanished..it was clearly out of view of camera's, it was a drop off/pick up area and it was pretty isolated from view. Then it being a rainy morning would make the traffic higher for that day making it less likely that a vehical pulling up would be noticed. Amber walked everyday to school and according to Carrie she walked the same path everyday. Seems that if they targeted Amber directly they would have picked a different area...I think the victim is random but the act was planned. If that is true then the person must live in that area and had been around prior to 2/13/09. Maybe he lives close enough to watch or he worked in that area or he could have just been casing it out for some time.
BTW I cannot believe I see on Google maps girls walking alone. What is it going to take before kids don't walk to and from school alone? I can understand if a child has not been kidnapped in an area, then it is ignorace, but Amber went missing walking that same path!

I agree with what you are saying. The cellphone being turned on the next day still makes me believe that it was the perp and they were still in the area. I go crazy when I pick up my daughter from school and see girls walking alone. I am able to take my daughter to and from school. The sad thing is that many kids do not want to take the bus because there are fights and bullying on the buses. I do not live in Escondido but have friends that do. At one time the city of Escondido was charging kids to take the bus. I do not know if this is still the case. Most of the kids who take the bus in our area are minorities and those that are not minorities can be given a hard time. I know this from friends whose kids tried taking the bus. I am sure that there are bullies that are not minorities as well. It is a bad situation. I wish that parents would at least make arrangements so that their kids do not walk alone. I really think that Amber was targeted. It is just a gut feeling.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2010, 09:00:07 AM »

Hope for Amber Never Sleeps

By Jacques Spitzer
NBCSanDiego.com
updated 6:18 p.m. PT, Sun., Feb. 14, 2010

Hundreds of people turned out for a walk-a-thon Saturday morning at Escondido High School to support missing teenager Amber Dubois and her family.

"We're going to find her,” Amber's mother Carrie McGonigle said. “The fact that we haven't found her is a good sign, because to me she's not dead."

Saturday marked anniversary of the 14-year-old girl’s disappearance. The four-hour event included a promenade around the campus track by sponsored walkers, a raffle and a silent auction. All money raised will go to the Amber Dubois search fund. Her father, Maurice Dubois, said the turnout would mean a lot to Amber.

“She'd be shocked. She'd be really shocked at how many people showed up, very thankful though."

Amber’s anguished parents are desperate after twelve tireless months and still no sign of her. The Escondido High School student was last seen February 13th walking to school. Her parents hope the walk-a-thon will raise awareness.

"We'll never lose hope, Dubois said. “Hope never sleeps.”

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2010, 09:02:49 AM »

Amber’s Family Shocked at Outpouring of Support

By Britt Peterson
NBCSanDiego.com
updated 6:18 p.m. PT, Sun., Feb. 14, 2010

Saturday marked the anniversary of 14-year-old Amber Dubois’ disappearance. The Escondido High School student was last seen February 13th, 2009 walking to school.

To show their support, about 200 local community members showed up for a walk-a-thon at Escondido High School in her memory. Among the walkers were family, friends, and even strangers who said they have followed the coverage of Amber’s disappearance.

The four-hour event raised just shy of $18,000 through donations, raffle tickets and a silent auction.

“I had no expectation that people would be this marvelously generous to our Amber,” Amber’s grandmother Sheila Welch said.

All of the money raised will go to the Amber Dubois search fund.

At the end of the walk-a-thon, the crowd heard from Mark Klaas, whose daughter Polly Klaas, 12, was abducted at knife point by a stranger during a slumber party in her Petaluma home in October 1999. Polly’s body was found two months later and her killer was sent to California’s death row, reported the paper.

“Amber really has become the community’s child,” Klaas said. “We all have an investment now.”

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2010, 09:06:37 AM »

Links to the previously posted articles

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35396516/ns/local_news-san_diego_ca/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35382454/ns/local_news-san_diego_ca/

I hope the link works. The photograph was the same for both articles.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2010, 09:50:34 AM »

I am reposting this. It says it all as to why my gut and intellect tells me Amber did not leave of her own free will. I was watching a movie the other night and there was a young lamb being held and cuddled by a young lady. It made me think of how excited Amber must have been to be headed to school with the check to buy that lamb. How excited she must have been to exchange Valentines with her special friends. How much she must have been looking forward to a trip to Yellowstone. -Shell

I am Amber's maternal Grandmom.  Carrie and her sisters and I, work every single day and night to find Amber. On Wednesday, it will be three horrific months since she was taken from us.  Yet, no Amber Alert has issued because no one saw where or when she was taken.  Two parents driving by the school, on a street with construction vehicles, on a rainy day said they saw Amber walking to school.  Amber sent a text message to me before she left for school.  But, in fact, no one really knows when or where, between the house and the school, she was taken. The report that she called another student on her way to school is incorrect.  Amber's phone is on my phone system and no such call was made.

During the five days before she was taken, Amber and I exchanged over 70 text messages.  She was happy.  She left for school that day, as reported, with gifts for girlfriends and a check to pay for a lamb.  She took her Ipod and her phone, but did not take the cords...because she knew she would be home before they needed recharging. 

As she does each year, Amber spent Christmas holiday with me and her cousins.  It rained very hard and all 5 of us slopped through the mud at the stable to give Christmas carrots to the horses, Rojo and Sally.  Amber did not get to ride because of the weather and was looking forward to coming to my house to do so in February.  We had plans in June to go to Yellowstone to see the wolves, having followed the restoration  progress for several years. 

The Yellowstone newsletter arrived yesterday.  It uses the description by Aldo Leopold to describe the music of the wolf as an "outburst of wild defiant sorrow."  I know that feeling now. You try to maintain, and, then you are hit with an uncontrollable  sorrow that is almost more than one can survive.

We know that Amber was taken by force.  If someone walked next to her with a gun or a knife, she would have gone with them quietly in the hope of a later escape.  She is an intelligent girl.  She knows basic self defense, but she is not athletic and trying to run away would have been a futile act.  She may have been threatened...make a scene and I will see that your little sister is killed, or, I have a gun and if you don't come quietly, I will start shooting at all these students and you will be the cause of their death.   Criminals know how to frighten.

The police take the position that people would have seen Amber if she was forced into a car or van.  It takes 17 seconds.  She would have gone quietly under a death threat, particularly, if the person threatened to start shooting everyone around her---she knew about school shootings, as we all do, sadly.

The Escondido Police Department retains the lead in the investigation.  This is the most complex case they have ever had and they do NOT have the manpower, the experience or the modern equipment needed. They are trying, for the most part, but it is like trying to build a house with just an old fashion nail and hammer. To do the job, you need manpower, experience and the right tools.  And, while we watch TV and see great things done by the FBI, beyond initial interviews of family members, I personally know of nothing more that the FBI has been willing to do to find Amber.  The FBI has NOT EVEN put, at this writing, Amber's photo and ID on their "Kidnapping and Missing Persons Investigations" website.

Unlike the police who admit to no experience, the FBI claims they have "agents with in-depth experience and a proven track record in crimes against children investigations, especially where a child has been abducted by someone other than family member." [www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/kidnap.htm] The police have now agreed to regularly meet with the family, the FBI does not participate or interface with the family at all. 

I have seen negative comments relating to why Amber gets media coverage.  It is because we work at it day and night.  Some nights, I am working on the computer asking for help until 3 a.m.  The volunteer groups that have helped us thus far have done so because of e-mails, and calls to them.  We have been blessed by others sending messages to our website offering specialized help.  None of this happens by magic. Maurice, Amber's Dad, takes the lead at the Search Center activity and with the press.  My daughters set up the website and manage it. We respond to the emails and send "tips" to the police when received. More importantly, we do the research relating getting help and to scientific advances...most of which neither the police nor the FBI have or know about. And, it takes hours every day.

Amber's Mom, Carrie, in addition to searching night and day for Amber, has started formal training for Search and Rescue (SAR) with a fast growing puppy. She is determined to be able to help others when they lose a child by responding with her soon to be well trained dog.  Carrie was inspired by the volunteers, particularly those from KlaasKids,  who were the first responders to our pleas for help.  We needed to get immediate help with trained dogs, but were told by the police that "it takes time" to get the dogs, when, in truth, time was something no one has when their child is missing. Carrie wants to be there when the next child goes missing. 

You are likely aware of spy satellite surveillance.  NASA will take requests for help for missing children but only from police agencies.  It took weeks to get EPD to actually contact NASA even though I provided the information and an example of the evidence NASA had provided in other missing children cases.  Ultimately, NASA had nothing which would help us. Satellites are sun-synchronous for images so they are taken at local time around 10:30 a.m., too late for us.

Subsequently, we have been working for the past weeks on what we call  "Eye on Amber" and I would like to ask for your help with this. We have contacted all the commercial (vs spy) companies we can find to ask if they had any aerial cameras operating in the Escondido area on February 13, 2009. It is like the needle in the haystack--the chances of finding someone in the air doing photography at between 7:00 a.m. -7:30 a.m. But, we must keep trying.

We have an expert on forensic aerial photography (forensic aerial photogrammertry and forensic aerial photointerpretation) available to analyze any photos we can locate to determine what ACTUALLY happened to Amber. 

Also, if you are a student, the parent of a student, a teacher, or anyone who worked at EHS and used a phone camera or camera ANYWHERE on the campus before school started on Feb. 13, 2009, please send us the photos.

If you can help us, or, if you know of anyone who can, please contact our website www. BringAmberHome.com .

Second request.  This is so hard to say.  If you see any place within a 20 mile radius of the Escondido High School where the earth has been dislodged, or changed by digging, please take a photo of the area and send that information with the location to us.
We are also asking for current aerial photographs for analysis as well. Previous drone photographs were undistinguished.

Though we do not want to consider the possibility that Amber may no longer be alive, we must force ourselves to do so even as we continue our search.  If she is dead,  the family needs to know and to provide a proper burial for her.  If you see something suspicious, please let us know.   

The rewards for information are fully funded and in the bank. Reward information can be obtained by calling 1-562 360-5162.  This is a new number and is posted on the web site as well.  If Amber is dead, there is a reward of $10,000.00 for the location of her burial. This has not been publicized before.  Please get this information out there for us. 

Thank you for caring about Amber and for your prayers.

Grandmom

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2010, 01:11:24 PM »

This sentence makes it clear to me this may not have been just a random act by the kidnapper...He must have planned this. Another thing? The placement of where Amber vanished..it was clearly out of view of camera's, it was a drop off/pick up area and it was pretty isolated from view. Then it being a rainy morning would make the traffic higher for that day making it less likely that a vehicle pulling up would be noticed. Amber walked everyday to school and according to Carrie she walked the same path everyday. Seems that if they targeted Amber directly they would have picked a different area...I think the victim is random but the act was planned. If that is true then the person must live in that area and had been around prior to 2/13/09. Maybe he lives close enough to watch or he worked in that area or he could have just been casing it out for some time.
BTW I cannot believe I see on Goggle maps girls walking alone. What is it going to take before kids don't walk to and from school alone? I can understand if a child has not been kidnapped in an area, then it is ignorance, but Amber went missing walking that same path!

I agree with what you are saying. The cellphone being turned on the next day still makes me believe that it was the perp and they were still in the area. I go crazy when I pick up my daughter from school and see girls walking alone. I am able to take my daughter to and from school. The sad thing is that many kids do not want to take the bus because there are fights and bullying on the buses. I do not live in Escondido but have friends that do. At one time the city of Escondido was charging kids to take the bus. I do not know if this is still the case. Most of the kids who take the bus in our area are minorities and those that are not minorities can be given a hard time. I know this from friends whose kids tried taking the bus. I am sure that there are bullies that are not minorities as well. It is a bad situation. I wish that parents would at least make arrangements so that their kids do not walk alone. I really think that Amber was targeted. It is just a gut feeling.
Given the fact that Amber left earlier then normal that morning because she had to drop off the check, I am not sure if they targeted her exactly or if it was a matter of wrong place at the wrong time. I don't believe this was a random crime (meaning a person all of a sudden decided that morning to kidnap a girl) I think it was planned out to the point of the exact place, day (it was a Friday, no school the next day), etc....I would also think it would be a vehicle that students who walked that route everyday would have seen a few times?  I bet some of the students or drivers have seen the vehicle before but do not realize they did. They may still see it.
One thing I have thought about, not sure if it makes sense or not, there are other girls that walk alone as Amber did. Do any of them resemble Amber in appearance. It has been said over and over again, Amber most likely had her hood up, could this have been a mistaken identity? Could another girl have been the target? this would be important in the case the other girl had something in her past or her family that may lead to something?

Shell thank you for posting the articles. Amber's Grandmother has a way of communicating that puts this case into perspective.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2010, 03:37:18 PM »

Links to the previously posted articles

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35396516/ns/local_news-san_diego_ca/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35382454/ns/local_news-san_diego_ca/

I hope the link works. The photograph was the same for both articles.

The family was shocked by the turnout to support Amber 

Thank you Shell
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.