March 28, 2024, 05:21:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 566885 times)
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: March 01, 2010, 12:26:33 PM »

They are talking about this on Fox News this morning and talking about a possible link to Amber.  Prayers for the families.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: March 01, 2010, 12:46:42 PM »

Hi all,
I have been trying to back away from these cases because my family thinks I have become obsessed. With all that is going on right now it is impossible! I am not convinced AT ALL at this point that John Albert Gardner had anything to do with Amber. I guess maybe I have read too many books and watched too many shows and movies about this. I find it odd that if it were him, he would wait so long before his next attack. If he did take Amber, as far as we know based on everything that we have read, he did not try again until possibly December 2009. That would be 8 full months. I am thinking that maybe he had a recent break-up in the last few months which may have spurred him on to start attacking in December. I am praying that he was not involved with Amber. Please pray for Amber's family right now. Needless to say, they are going through *&*&^!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #322 on: March 01, 2010, 02:30:50 PM »

We don't know if there were any other victims or not. There are a lot of missing people in the riverside county area as well as the san diego area. Plus this man was registered at an address in Escondido, 5 min or so away from the high school when Amber went missing. It is too early to say one way or another if he had anything to do with Amber or not but I think it is the best lead in a long time.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: March 01, 2010, 02:32:50 PM »

Sex Offender In King Case Might Be Linked To Dubois Case
Chelsea King Reported Missing Thursday; Search Continues

SAN DIEGO -- A registered sex offender behind bars Monday on suspicion of murder and rape in connection with the disappearance last week of a 17-year-old Poway High senior might be linked to at least two other incidents including the disappearance of Amber Dubois.

Chelsea King has been missing since Thursday, when she did not return home from a run at Rancho Bernardo Community Park.

John Albert Gardner III, 30, of Lake Elsinore, was taken into custody Sunday afternoon near a restaurant bar in south Escondido, San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said.

The arrest prompted Kelly and Brent King, the parents of Chelsea King, to release the following statement Sunday evening:

"Nothing will change for us until our beautiful daughter, Chelsea King, comes home. We will continue searching for her, and we ask that all of you do the same until she’s back with us. She is an extraordinary daughter and also someone who is committed to her community. She has huge dreams and wants to change the world. Hundreds of people are working alongside us to make sure she has that chance, and we are deeply grateful. She and our entire family need your help now for Chelsea’s safe return. We thank law enforcement for pursuing all avenues to bring this situation to an expedient, positive outcome. We will be posting regular updates from our family on Facebook page: Chelsea King Search Center."

Kelly & Brent King, and family

Physical evidence led authorities to Gardner, who was questioned by homicide detectives, Gore said. The evidence has not been described by law enforcement but Chelsea's mother told news stations Monday morning that her daughter's underwear was found in the Lake Hodges area.

According to the sheriff's Web site, Gardner was booked into San Diego Central Jail on suspicion of rape by force and first-degree murder. Nonetheless, Gore told Good Morning America that law enforcement and volunteers would search for Chelsea Monday, hoping to find her alive.

Paul Levikow, spokesman for the District Attorney's Office, said Gardner was scheduled to be arraigned in a downtown San Diego courtroom Wednesday afternoon.

Gardner is a registered sex offender listed on the Megan's Law Web site, which indicates he lives in Lake Elsinore and committed lewd and lascivious acts on a child under 14 years old. Gore said investigators searched Gardner's Lake Elsinore home and other addresses prior to arresting him.

One of those addresses searched was a townhouse on Matinal Road near West Bernardo Drive, where Gardner was staying with his parents. The townhouse is about a mile from the park where Chelsea likes to run.

Gore said there was "a strong possibility" Gardner may be connected to an attack on a female jogger at the same park on Dec. 27, The San Diego Union- Tribune reported.

He said authorities were also investigating whether Gardner was connected to the disappearance of Amber Dubois, who was last seen walking to Escondido High School just over a year ago. Dubois, who was 14 at the time, has not been found. Dubois' last known location near Escondido High School is just six minutes from an address connected to John Gardner.
The search for Chelsea expanded Monday beyond the Rancho Bernardo park and nearby Lake Hodges, where search teams have been looking since she disappeared Thursday.

"There are several searches going on around the county," Gore said. "We are going to refocus some of our search efforts."

Chelsea's parents, Brent and Kelly King, reported her missing Thursday evening when she did not come home from a run at the park. Brent King found her BMW, with her cell phone and iPod inside, in the park parking lot later that night.

Hundreds of volunteers and law enforcement personnel have been searching for her since then. Several agencies pitched in, searching the Lake Hodges area by foot, air and boat.

The search for the teen has also generated a lot of traffic online to a Facebook page and the Web site findchelsea.com.

Investigators looked for clues on Chelsea's cell phone, which was found in her car, and her home computer.

The Poway High School senior is a straight-A student and a member of the San Diego Youth Symphony.

http://www.10news.com/news/22678790/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: March 01, 2010, 02:38:21 PM »

Has Lake Hodges been searched for Amber?

http://www.umapper.com/maps/view/id/57373/

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #325 on: March 01, 2010, 03:13:44 PM »

I so hope that Amber is still alive somewhere.  But I am wondering if LE knows something.  I was surprised to hear the two cases linked so quickly. 

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #326 on: March 01, 2010, 03:35:02 PM »

I don't know if Lake Hodges has been searched, I don't think so. Remember they spent a bit of time wondering if she ran away. 
I hope Carrie gets herself on the news. She needs to be out there right now making sure everyone thinks of Amber as well. I am really concerned this man took Amber. Let me go grab the article that Norrose posted about what happened in 2000
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #327 on: March 01, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »

Suspect in King's disappearance molested 13-year-old girl in 2000
Gardner was sentenced to six years in prison.

RANCHO BERNARDO — The registered sex offender arrested in the disappearance of Poway teenager Chelsea King was convicted 10 years ago of forcibly molesting a 13-year-old neighbor girl.

John Albert Gardner III, now 30, pleaded guilty in May 2000 to two counts of forcible lewd act on a child and false imprisonment. He was sentenced in September of that year to six years in prison.

Court records show that a psychiatrist who interviewed Gardner said he showed no remorse for his actions. “There is no known treatment for an individual that sexually assaults girls and does not admit to it in any way,” said Dr. Matthew Carroll. “The fact that the defendant takes no responsibility whatsoever for his actions makes him an extremely poor candidate for any sexual offender treatment.”
Gardner, who listed his home address in Lake Elsinore on the Megan’s Law sex offender registry, was arrested at 4:20 p.m. Sunday in King’s disappearance in front of a Mexican restaurant and bar called Hernandez Hide-A-Way in the small community of Del Dios on the west shore of Lake Hodges near Escondido, San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said.

Numerous pieces of physical evidence led investigators to Gardner, Gore said. He would not elaborate, stating the investigation is ongoing and that authorities are still trying to find Chelsea, who went to Rancho Bernardo Community Park for a run and never came home.

An arraignment has been set for Wednesday in San Diego Superior Court.

The mood at Poway High School was somber Monday morning as students and staff reacted to news that Gardner had been arrested on suspicion of murder and rape in connection with the disappearance of King, a 17-year-old classmate.

“We’re still hoping for the best, but we’re fearing the worst,” said school counselor Traci Barker-Ball.

At the school, students and staff wore blue shirts to represent the color of Chelsea’s eyes and tied blue ribbons around light poles on campus.

Citing the “very difficult and emotional weekend,” principal Scott Fisher addressed students over the loudspeaker Monday morning, thanking the students for participating in the search efforts.

“I don’t know that I’ve ever been so proud of the school,” he said, his voice cracking at times with emotion. “Students have just been out there caring for one another, and that’s major during a difficult time.”

According to court records in Gardner’s previous conviction, Gardner saw the victim and a 14-year-old friend waiting for a school bus on March 16, 2000, and he offered them a ride. Both girls accepted the offer, but the younger girl also decided to go with Gardner to watch movies at his home.

Gardner started giving the 13-year-old a massage and kissing her as the two were watching “Patch Adams” alone in his townhouse. He then picked her up, placed her on the couch and began rubbing himself against her genital area.

The girl protested, but Gardner persisted, according to the documents.

He brought her upstairs to a bedroom where he got on top of her and continued rubbing and touching her. He also tried to take her pants and underwear off, despite her objections.

Eventually, Gardner said, “You know what, I can’t take this anymore,” and hit the girl repeatedly in the face.

“He had his hand on my mouth and I couldn’t breath(e), and I got pretty fuzzy after he hit me, and I’m not sure if I blacked out,” the girl testified during a preliminary hearing, which is usually the first opportunity prosecutors have to present witnesses in a criminal case.

Wearing only one shoe on and holding her pants up, she was eventually able to run out the door to a neighbor’s house across the street.

Gardner got into his vehicle and drove away. He was found at a nearby gas station and arrested. Gardner told police he had picked the girl up that morning and dropped her off in front of her apartment complex at 8:40 a.m. He claimed he was innocent and blamed the victim’s mother for the beating.

On Sunday, Sheriff Gore said there was “a strong possibility” Gardner may be connected to an attack on a lone female jogger in Rancho Bernardo Community Park the morning of Dec. 27.

He said investigators also were looking into the possibility of a connection between Gardner and Amber Dubois, who disappeared while walking to Escondido High School on Feb. 13, 2009. Amber was 14 at the time.

“We’re leaving no stone unturned,” Gore said.

Chelsea’s parents reported their daughter missing at about 6 p.m. Thursday when she failed to come home from a run at the Rancho Bernardo Community Park. Brent King found his daughter’s locked car in the parking lot at the park.

A missing-person search has continued round-the-clock since then.

At a two-story, tan-colored townhome on Matinal Road in the Westwood neighborhood of Rancho Bernardo Monday morning, extinguished police flares were the only clue that the place had been searched by police overnight.

The dwelling is close to Rancho Bernardo park. Neighbors said Gardner’s mother and stepfather have lived there for about a decade. They said Gardner showed up occasionally and would say hello to nearby residents as he came and went.

“I couldn’t sleep at all last night,” said Jimmy Ashker, who has lived across the street since 1988. He said he recognized Gardner right away when police showed him a photo of the suspect last night.

“I kept playing things over and over in my head. I was just wondering if there was one thing I overlooked that could have made a difference” and led to earlier intervention by law enforcement, Ashker said Monday morning.

Upon hearing a knock on the front door, a man inside the Gardner home said: “Can you get off the property, please?”

In Lake Elsinore, neighbors on Gillette Street — a hillside tract of blue-collar homes overlooking the lake — said Gardner sometimes visited a house owned by his grandmother. They didn’t see any signs of criminal activity there and were surprised by Sunday’s law-enforcement search of the property.

A neighbor said officers were especially interested in a shed behind the two-story house.

MORE...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/28/lake-elsinore-man-arrested-poway-teens-disappearan/

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #328 on: March 01, 2010, 03:45:28 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/chelsea-king-disappearance-suspect-linked-cases/story?id=9975272
Snipped from the whole artcle.....More at link

Police believe Gardner, who was arrested in 2000 for committing lewd and lascivious acts on a child under 14, may also be connected to the disappearance of Amber DuBois, a 14-year-old who disappeared near San Diego on her way to school in February 2009.

DuBois' father said he and his family have not been contacted by police, but he has been in regular contact with King's parents and have helped organize the search for King.

"It's very emotional," said Maurice DuBois who has been briefing search teams and offering support to the King family. "It brings us right back to the first week Amber went missing, all the chaos and fear."

At the time of Amber's disappearance, DuBois said police never mentioned Gardner by name, but he was told "that law enforcement had checked all the sex offenders living in the proximity."

He said he hadn't met with law enforcement yet to discuss if Gardner had been questioned last year or if he might be connected to both cases.

Police said Gardner may also be connected to an attack on a young woman along the park's same jogging path where King went missing. That jogger was able to fend off her assailant by hitting him in the face with her elbow and escaping.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: March 01, 2010, 03:50:14 PM »

The previous article I posted links to an interview with Chelsea kinds parents and the sherriff. In this interview he says the are going back 18 months to see if there are more victims. 18 months? Wow..
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: March 01, 2010, 04:37:40 PM »

IntegraScan Denied the Ability to Speak to Detectives Regarding Chelsea King Abduction
IntegraScan.com has valuable information regarding the actual address of John Albert Gardner III, the suspect arrested for the disappearance of Chelsea King in San Diego County,California.
Brocton, NY (PRWEB) March 1, 2010 -- IntegraScan.com, a background check company, contacted the San Diego County Sheriff's Department this morning, March 1, 2010, regarding the Chelsea King and John Albert Gardner III case with valuable information on the current address of John Gardner III, but were denied the opportunity to provide this information to detectives working the case.

After hearing about Chelsea King's disappearance February 25th and the arrest of the sex offender, John Gardner III on Sunday (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/02/man-arrested-in-san-diego-teens-disappearance-her-whereabouts-still-unknown.html), Integra Scan performed a search of their system for information on Gardner. The San Diego County Sheriff William Gore reported to the Associated Press that they arrested John Gardner III of Lake Elsinore, California. Lake Elsinore is located 75 miles north of where Chelsea King disappeared. However, the address the IntegraScan database has Gardner living at is in Escondido, California, a mere eight miles from the Rancho Bernardo Community Park where Chelsea King was jogging and disappeared.

When Integra Scan called the San Diego County Sheriff's Department to report Gardner's real address, they were denied the opportunity to speak with a detective by the operator. After questioning the operator about whether or not they were still searching for Chelsea King, the operator confirmed that they were, but that it was not possible to speak to a detective regarding the case. This press release is a plea to the Sheriff to please contact us. We will gladly provide you with the information we have.
In addition, Integra Scan has a full address history on Gardner dating back to 2000, as well as four photos, while the Office of the Attorney General only has one photo and the incorrect address for Gardner. The address history that Integra Scan has also shows that Gardner actually lived in Rancho Bernardo in 2000, which suggests that he is very familiar with the Rancho Bernardo Community Park and area.

The San Diego Sheriff's Department has stated that they have valuable evidence linking Gardner to the case, but we feel they are looking in the wrong location for Chelsea King. It is highly likely that additional evidence, and perhaps Chelsea King, could be located at this current address.

About IntegraScan.com: Information regarding John Albert Gardner III was provided by IntegraScan.com a background check and people locate company.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Chelsea-King/John-Gardner/prweb3669844.htm
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: March 01, 2010, 04:42:59 PM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/28/lake-elsinore-man-arrested-poway-teens-disappearan/
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #332 on: March 01, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »

IntegraScan Denied the Ability to Speak to Detectives Regarding Chelsea King Abduction
IntegraScan.com has valuable information regarding the actual address of John Albert Gardner III, the suspect arrested for the disappearance of Chelsea King in San Diego County,California.
Brocton, NY (PRWEB) March 1, 2010 -- IntegraScan.com, a background check company, contacted the San Diego County Sheriff's Department this morning, March 1, 2010, regarding the Chelsea King and John Albert Gardner III case with valuable information on the current address of John Gardner III, but were denied the opportunity to provide this information to detectives working the case.

After hearing about Chelsea King's disappearance February 25th and the arrest of the sex offender, John Gardner III on Sunday (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/02/man-arrested-in-san-diego-teens-disappearance-her-whereabouts-still-unknown.html), Integra Scan performed a search of their system for information on Gardner. The San Diego County Sheriff William Gore reported to the Associated Press that they arrested John Gardner III of Lake Elsinore, California. Lake Elsinore is located 75 miles north of where Chelsea King disappeared. However, the address the IntegraScan database has Gardner living at is in Escondido, California, a mere eight miles from the Rancho Bernardo Community Park where Chelsea King was jogging and disappeared.

When Integra Scan called the San Diego County Sheriff's Department to report Gardner's real address, they were denied the opportunity to speak with a detective by the operator. After questioning the operator about whether or not they were still searching for Chelsea King, the operator confirmed that they were, but that it was not possible to speak to a detective regarding the case. This press release is a plea to the Sheriff to please contact us. We will gladly provide you with the information we have.
In addition, Integra Scan has a full address history on Gardner dating back to 2000, as well as four photos, while the Office of the Attorney General only has one photo and the incorrect address for Gardner. The address history that Integra Scan has also shows that Gardner actually lived in Rancho Bernardo in 2000, which suggests that he is very familiar with the Rancho Bernardo Community Park and area.

The San Diego Sheriff's Department has stated that they have valuable evidence linking Gardner to the case, but we feel they are looking in the wrong location for Chelsea King. It is highly likely that additional evidence, and perhaps Chelsea King, could be located at this current address.

About IntegraScan.com: Information regarding John Albert Gardner III was provided by IntegraScan.com a background check and people locate company.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Chelsea-King/John-Gardner/prweb3669844.htm

I wonder where the address is? How could they not speak to investigators? Sheesh transfer them already!
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #333 on: March 01, 2010, 05:27:55 PM »

John Gardner has a "comfort zone". He chooses his victims where he lives.

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #334 on: March 01, 2010, 05:33:28 PM »

I think Edward or somebody here mentioned John Gardner in a post.. I guess if it says they molest kids under 14 that doesn't mean they always molest kids under 14, maybe they need to change that, that is too narrow to me.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: March 01, 2010, 05:41:42 PM »

Did the cell phone ping in Amber's disapperance as well as his last known address in Escondido match up ??
I mean DID he live close to that ping ? 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #336 on: March 01, 2010, 06:07:02 PM »

Did the cell phone ping in Amber's disapperance as well as his last known address in Escondido match up ??

according to google maps, from deer creek spring road, I think that is where the cell tower is right? So from there to 1050 ROCK SPRINGS RD # 113 ,Escondido it is 4.7 miles, under the 5 mile radius.
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #337 on: March 01, 2010, 06:07:24 PM »

GARDNER,JOHN ALBERT
1050 ROCK SPRINGS RD # 113 ,Escondido,CA 92026

LE has been very vague about the "ping" only that it was North Escondido

I hope we know something soon - this has just ripped everything wide open again...

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #338 on: March 01, 2010, 06:10:48 PM »

GARDNER,JOHN ALBERT

I hope we know something soon - this has just ripped everything wide open again...

Hi Ampersand, it is good too "see" you. Please know we are all praying for Amber and your entire family.
I think somehow the cell tower was narrowed down to one on deer creek, it was posted on here somewhere.
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #339 on: March 01, 2010, 06:12:31 PM »

GARDNER,JOHN ALBERT

Hi Ampersand, it is good too "see" you. Please know we are all praying for Amber and your entire family.
I think somehow the cell tower was narrowed down to one on deer creek, it was posted on here somewhere.
It's tough to keep track - thank you for all the support...

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.