March 28, 2024, 07:07:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 566769 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #400 on: March 03, 2010, 12:41:22 PM »

Does Carrie know about this?  A light coloured sedan, the couple believes it was  JAG, 7:00am in the morning at Jesmond Dene Park watching girls run.  I am madder than I was yesterday and I did not think that was possible. 

http://www.10news.com/video/22718463/index.html

Holy smokes are you kidding me!!!! WTH??? OMG I think I am going to blow a fuse! For crying out loud, someone at that police department has some explaining to do and needs to turn his/her badge!!!! I am beyond angry..what is beyond anger?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: March 03, 2010, 12:43:39 PM »

Reader comments

There are some up here who know him.
Some of his 'stuff' started up here as long ago as 1997.
The police need more info, that's all.

He was up here 2 years ago, against his parole.

He went to Rim, and was probably part of that group that duct taped high school girls and raped them at parties in the forest. If it had been dealt with then, this may not have happened. He is the same age as my sister, and they grabbed her and she heard someone say to duct tape her mouth before she screamed, so she screamed. That saved her but not other girls of this age group at Rim. Sorry, but that is why this is coming out. Prayers to the families.

He was/is QUITE charming when he wants to be, to get what he wants.Complain

From: ThatVideoGuySent: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 09:06 AM
I graduated a year behind him, and sad to say, knew him. This guy has always been a monumental jerk, he's always been into younger girls, and I wouldn't be surprised if they found out he has a long laundry list of rape/disappearances tied to him.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/208/62641?page=0
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: March 03, 2010, 01:09:08 PM »

Suspect in killing of Chelsea King to appear in court

The registered sex offender suspected in the rape and murder of Poway teenager Chelsea King is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday afternoon for a hearing that may force prosecutors to reveal what led to his arrest.

John Albert Gardner III, 30, of Lake Elsinore, could face charges that include one or more special allegations that would make him eligible for the death penalty.

The 2:30 p.m. court appearance will be the culmination of a weeklong ordeal that has gripped the nation and led more than 6,000 volunteers to look for Chelsea, a 17-year-old Poway High School student. She disappeared Thursday after going for a jog in the Rancho Bernardo Community Park.

Authorities discovered a body in a shallow grave Tuesday near Lake Hodges, about a half-mile from where Chelsea had parked her car. San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said there is a “strong likelihood” that it is Chelsea and that the body would be positively identified on Wednesday.

Police are also investigating a vandalism incident at the Rancho Bernardo home of Gardner’s mother and stepfather. Someone using red spray paint wrote “Chelseas blood is on you” and “move out” on the garage door of their townhouse on Matinal Road about 5:40 a.m., San Diego police Sgt. Ray Battrick said.

Brent King, Chelsea’s father, struggled to maintain his composure Tuesday night as he stood before thousands at a somber candlelight vigil, just hours after authorities told him they believed the body found near the lake was probably his daughter’s.

“One of the nicknames that I’ve always called my daughter is ‘my angel,’ ” Brent King told those who gathered at St. Michael Catholic Church in Poway. “She’s my angel forever.”

He added: “Keep her spirit alive for us.”

A man then yelled from the crowd, “We love you!”

King, with his wife, Kelly, by his side, replied: “We love you, too.”

Gore said investigators discovered the body shortly after 1 p.m. Tuesday about 10 feet from a tributary that leads to the lake — an area that had been searched extensively and is about a half-mile from a parking lot where Chelsea’s car was found six days ago. He said a shoe had been recovered previously in the general area.

The Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed that the body was removed from the area later Tuesday.

Gore said the girl’s parents were devastated when he informed them.

“They were holding out hope, as we all were, that we would find Chelsea alive, and this was our worst fear that we would find her as we did today,” he said.

Shortly after Gore’s announcement Tuesday, two Poway High students stood outside the school crying and hugging each other.

“I had so much hope for her,” said Leandra Lyons, 15, a sophomore. “I was just hoping by the end of the week we’d have some good news.”

Nicole Belanger, 16, a sophomore, said she was in shock.

“Just to hear that it’s one of our own people at our own school, it could have been any of us,” she said. “I’ve just got to take this as God had a plan for her and took her for some reason.”

Throughout the campus, students wore orange T-shirts, hair ribbons and yarn bracelets in honor of Chelsea. Some bracelets had sayings attached that were taken from quotes posted by Chelsea around her house. The color-coordinated tribute was organized by students via Facebook, MySpace and text messages forwarded among friends.

At the Chelsea King Search Center in Rancho Bernardo, the day’s events elicited similar emotions.

“It’s heartbreaking,” said Dawn Davis, senior case manager for the Laura Recovery Center, a Texas-based organization that helped coordinate the local search. “We all hoped and prayed that Chelsea would come home to her family.”

The center attracted about 1,500 people each day for the past four days, some from as far away as Oregon. They were sent out in teams of 20 to search ravines, orchards and other places in a 10-mile radius around Lake Hodges.

The investigation into Gardner widened in recent days as authorities linked him to a December assault and probed whether he had a role in last year’s disappearance of an Escondido teenager.

San Diego police Capt. Jim Collins said Gardner has been connected to a Dec. 27 attack on a female jogger in the same park, but it was not through DNA evidence. He declined to say how the link was made, but said they were working with police in Colorado Springs, Colo., where the jogger lives.

Over the weekend, the San Diego police crime lab had rushed to test a DNA swab taken from the elbow of the victim of the December attack. It did not have Gardner’s DNA, only the victim’s, Collins said.

The 22-year-old jogger told officers she had used her bare elbow to knock her assailant in the face, possibly breaking his nose.

“We thought we could get something good on that, but unfortunately not,” Collins said.

The DNA sample was not tested earlier because it was considered an attempted robbery, which is not as high on the crime lab’s priority list as other violent crimes, Collins said. As of December, the lab’s DNA unit was dealing with a backlog of about 500 cases.

Gardner is also under investigation for possible involvement in the case of Amber Dubois, a 14-year-old who disappeared while walking to Escondido High School on Feb. 13, 2009.

As recently as November 2009, Gardner registered as a sex offender at an Escondido address two miles from the school.

People living at the Rock Springs East condominiums said they were shocked to learn Gardner had lived in their building.

A woman with small children who lived next door to Gardner and recognized him from photos posted online over the past few days said he lived with a blond woman and two toddlers.

The former neighbor, who didn’t want to give her name, said teenagers, both male and female, often came over to play video games at Gardner’s apartment. She said she could hear the loud games through the walls.

She and other neighbors said Gardner had moved out about six months ago.

In 2000, Gardner was convicted of a forcible lewd act on a child and false imprisonment after he took a 13-year-old neighbor girl to his mother’s home in Rancho Bernardo. The girl accused him of repeatedly punching her in the face and touching her private parts.

A psychiatrist who interviewed him in that case said he would be a “continued danger to underage girls” because of the lack of remorse for his actions.

Prosecutors initially charged Gardner with more-violent sex crimes that could have resulted in a sentence of more than 30 years because the terms would have been served consecutively. He was sentenced to six years in prison as part of a plea agreement and served five years before he was released in September 2005. He completed probation in 2008.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/03/suspect-in-chelsea-king-killing-to-appear-in-court/
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #403 on: March 03, 2010, 01:31:27 PM »

RSO are not supposed to live with children...another job well done! You know this isn't hyne site, this is what was supposed to be and what we trust our LE to do.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #404 on: March 03, 2010, 02:13:04 PM »

Find the Blond woman and identify the kids.. are they ..missing ?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: March 03, 2010, 02:20:56 PM »

Notes from above news article.

As recently as November 2009, Gardner registered as a sex offender....

Amber Dubois, a 14-year-old who disappeared while walking to Escondido High School on Feb. 13, 2009.

Those dates do not match up... ??
He registers almost 9 months later in Escondido

Yet, Scared monkeys members record him as S.O. and posts it in july of 2009 ..
5 months later... ?

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: March 03, 2010, 02:33:40 PM »

Okay, I actually went to High School with John and was friends with some of the people he was friends with, and here's what I can tell you

He's a Rim of the World High School grad, class of '97. I've seen a few people leave comments about how they went to High School with him and that he was a "creep" then, but the fact of the matter is, he was seen as nice, charasmatic, and was VERY well liked. No one who knew him could believe the charges against him in 2000. He had people lined up to be character witnesses for him in court, but eventually admitted that he'd done it. We were all SHOCKED when we heard what a monster he truly was. It just goes to show that you don't truly know anyone.

From what I know of his former girlfriends (one of which he has twin boys with) they were both very small and petite-- just like the girls he's been attacking.

As for the twins, this shouldn't be seen as a huge thing, as from what I understand he's had no contact with them for quite some time. And she did know about his past, but this person is pretty much the sweetest, kindest most optimistic person in the world, and if there was anyone who could still see "good" in someone like him, it was her. Please don't judge her. She also knew him before the incident in 2000, and, like I said, if you knew John then, you didn't just know him as the child killer he is now. She just chose to believe in the facade, not his true self.

As for the 'roid rage theory, I doubt it. He seems to have fluxuated in neck size, but I think that has more to do with the pictures than him. He'd always been a beefy guy in the neck area... he's kind of built like a football player. He also doesn't really look like the guy in the Walmart video and it's kind of too young for his M.O. but I guess it's possible.

All I can say is that there is one saving grace in this tragedy, and that is that he left evidence behind and that he'll never be able to do this again. I cried when I heard they found Chelsea's body. Hopefully this case will change the way sexual preditors are processed in the system.  (From WS)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: March 03, 2010, 02:39:28 PM »

Find the Blond woman and identify the kids.. are they ..missing ?

The Blond is his ex the kids are his twins.  It was posted on Chelsea's thread.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: March 03, 2010, 02:40:58 PM »

Notes from above news article.

As recently as November 2009, Gardner registered as a sex offender....

Amber Dubois, a 14-year-old who disappeared while walking to Escondido High School on Feb. 13, 2009.

Those dates do not match up... ??
He registers almost 9 months later in Escondido

Yet, Scared monkeys members record him as S.O. and posts it in july of 2009 ..
5 months later... ?

Edward I think the reporter made a mistake or didn't write it understandably. I have read previously he changed his registration from Escondido to Lake Elsinore in Novemeber of 2009 which is more along the lines of what you posted. The reporter I think means he was registered then and then changed it to lake Elsinore?   
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: March 03, 2010, 03:15:42 PM »

http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_W_websuspect.1da2f17.html

If you read about this attempted abduction in Lake Elsinore, it took place at 7:10 am, the exact time that Amber disappeared!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #410 on: March 03, 2010, 04:01:51 PM »

This happened on 7:10 the morning of Wednesday Oct 28th, 2009....The sketch looks like him. Same MO as what could have happened to Amber. Only thing it doesn't say the age. She was walking to a friends home.

SD suspect - LE abduction attempt linked?

Download story podcast

11:57 AM PST on Wednesday, March 3, 2010

By SARAH BURGE
The Press-Enterprise

Lake Elsinore police are investigating whether the sex offender arrested in the killing of a 17-year-old San Diego County girl might have tried to kidnap a girl in Lake Elsinore in October.

John Albert Gardner III, a resident of the unincorporated Lakeland Village neighborhood near Lake Elsinore, was arrested Sunday in Escondido on suspicion of rape and murder in the disappearance of Chelsea King. San Diego County Sheriff's Department officials said Tuesday that they found a body in a shallow grave near the shoreline of Lake Hodges that they believe is Chelsea.

The attempted abduction in Lake Elsinore was reported Oct. 28. A girl told police she was walking to a friend's house about 7:10 a.m. in the 32900 block of Machado Street when she was approached by a man in a gold, 1990s four-door sedan. The man asked the girl for directions and, after a brief conversation, he showed the girl a gun and demanded that she get into his car, police said at the time. The girl refused and ran away.

Story continues below

Special to The Press-Enterprise
Lake Elsinore police are investigating a connection between an attempted abduction of a Lakeland Village girl in October 2009 and the disappearance and slaying of Chelsea King of San Diego County. At left is an artist sketch of the suspect in the Lakeland Village incident. At right is John Albert Gardner III, the suspect in the Chelsea King case.
Police released a sketch in October of the man, who was described as 30 to 35 years old, unshaven with a fair complexion, brown eyes and a blond crew cut.

After Gardner was arrested this week, police received a tip that he might be responsible for the October abduction attempt, said Police Chief Joe Cleary. So far, investigators have not positively linked Gardner to the case, Cleary said.

"There are similarities," Cleary said. "If there is a connection, we will track it down," Cleary said.

Cleary said Gardner notified authorities of his new address on Gillette Street in Lakeland Village in January as part of the sex offender registration requirements.

Reach Sarah Burge at 951-375-3736 or sburge@PE.com
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #411 on: March 03, 2010, 04:18:31 PM »

gold, 1990s four-door sedan.
Sweet_Justice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #412 on: March 03, 2010, 04:44:18 PM »

Just got back from school. I've thought about Amber's case all day. I have a couple thoughts. Let me know what you guys think.

Since the beginning I have found it odd that Amber was said to have been abducted right in front of the high school. I know this area well. During the morning hours the front of Escondido High, Rincon Middle School, and North Broadway Elementary are very busy. I used to live on Vista Ave and let me tell you the middle school traffic was horrendous in the mornings. I find it much more plausible that she was abducted on her way to school. I can’t imagine her being overpowered in an area with that much traffic. JAG’s M.O. seems to be secluded areas. There are lots of those on the rural roads Amber used to get to school.

Also, I wanted to point out a major lake in Escondido...if it hasn't already been discussed. Lake Dixon is within 15mins of both Amber's school (said abduction location) and JAG's Rock Springs address.

There is also a location that is very close to JAG’s Escondido residence that I think is worth checking out.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #413 on: March 03, 2010, 04:55:19 PM »

I was just looking into that and found it was discussed early on in the threads.

About 3 miles from the High School
http://www.ci.escondido.ca.us/glance/lakes/dixon/index.html
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:58:22 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #414 on: March 03, 2010, 04:57:48 PM »

School on Broadway to the Lake
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=1535%20North%20Broadway%2C%20Escondido%2C%20CA%E2%80%8E%20to%201700%20La%20Honda%20Dr%2C%20Escondido%2C%20San%20Diego%2C%20California%2092027

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #415 on: March 03, 2010, 04:59:31 PM »

The street she lived on connects to vista..
She would come down a quiet street and turn left and walk down vista towards the school.

Also back in this thread there was a body found in jesmond dean park.. culprit never found.

There was also an attempted abduction in a parking lot in Escondido

We need to go back through these pages in Amber's thread and separate all the items to get a perspective on all the possible involvements of this guy.

I started to sub categorize the thread but I do not have the amount of time to Read the currant cases and do research let alone go back and separate.
I think in the future we should sub categorize soon after a thread is started.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #416 on: March 03, 2010, 05:02:36 PM »

Ok fellow sleuths lets do a little project. I am going to assume the lake Elsinore attempt in October 2009 is another attempt by this monster.

So we have 2000 he takes a 14 year old girl before school. A girl he knew and was able to identify him

He goes to jail until 2005

From 2005 to 2009 we have nothing that we have put up or been told about from other sources.

Feb 2009 Amber goes missing at 7:10ish, if it was him he got away with it, this worked for him

The next known attempt was Oct 2009 at 7:10ish a girl walking alone to her friends house is approached by who she says is the same person. He is driving a gold color small car. She said it was Gardner.

November 2009 supposedly he is spotted at a parking lot at a park not far from the school that Amber went missing. He was watching young joggers go by and it was so obviously creepy a couple called it in. They gave the description of the car as being a light colored small car. They also have said it was Gardner

December 2009 a jogger is approached at a trail, was this in the morning? I don't recall. He pounces on her, no warning, nothing. She fights back and runs away. She said it was Gardner

Feb 2009 Chelsea is jogging on the same trail in the afternoon hours and it is assumed he raped and killed her.

Did I miss anything?

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #417 on: March 03, 2010, 05:04:50 PM »

Body of woman found in the park is in the first thread with 99 pages to read.. omg 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #418 on: March 03, 2010, 05:05:13 PM »

I see Edward and I are trying to share the same brain today. Can you please post information on the Jesmon dean thing? I don't recall it.
Sweet_Justice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #419 on: March 03, 2010, 05:07:37 PM »

Oh my goodness. I remember this story. Jesmond dean park...this man is a monster. He seems to leave his victims in the area he assaults them...if this crime is in fact connected to him.
I have no words.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.