March 28, 2024, 02:42:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 566857 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #800 on: March 08, 2010, 07:19:08 AM »

I found this article from last Father's day where Amber's Daddy wrote her a letter,In the article they talk about a red truck.I am wondering if JAG ever had access to a red truck back around May,June 2009.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Detectives previously expressed interest in locating a large burgundy pickup truck that might be connected with a pair of molestations of young girls in San Diego.

The Escondido Police Department in April released surveillance video that showed such a vehicle pulling into the bus maintenance yard at Amber's school for three minutes on the morning she disappeared.

Last month, it was reported that a similar pickup truck was driven by a suspect possibly connected to the San Diego molestations.

The victims, ages 5 and 6, were separately assaulted on April 1 at the College Grove Wal-Mart store, and May 17 at a Wal-Mart in Kearny Mesa.

Surveillance cameras at both stores showed a 6-foot tall white man entering a four-door burgundy pickup truck with a chrome box in the bed, police said.

No arrest has been made in the molestations.

http://www.10news.com/news/19817494/detail.html

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #801 on: March 08, 2010, 07:33:25 AM »

if JAG ever attended those AA meetings at the church on Broadway between 7-8 am

Just a little detective work..
Go to the meeting place and ask the leader of that meeting if Gardner ever attended.
But before you do.. Did he ever have a conviction for alcohol abuse ? Becaise I would think that is how you get a ticket to go to such meetings.
jmho

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh26-2/103-108.htm
National Institute on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse

A ticket?

Well, you don't get a ticket per se = as a member of AA for almost 5 years I would say about 1/5th of our membership comes as a result of drinking and driving or other alcohol offense. Most of us go just because we come to the conclusion we have a problem.  I also saw a comment about Bi polar and self medicating. This is not as true as the rest of the world would like to believe - most alcoholics that come into AA with diagnosis of BiPolar have that changed when they get sober. Unfortunately, alcohol often makes one act bipolar - that being said, some bipolars do self medicate.

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh26-2/103-108.htm
National Institute on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
Bipolar disorder and alcoholism commonly co–occur. Multiple explanations for the relationship between these conditions have been proposed, but this relationship remains poorly understood.
<snip>
Bipolar disorder and alcoholism co–occur at higher than expected rates

http://bipolar-disorder.wegohealth.com/bipolar-disorder-and-alcoholism.html
Bipolar Disorder and Alcoholism
Many articles here.

McMan's Depression and Bipolar Web
Both must be treated
Over half of people with bipolar disorder suffer from alcoholism, alcohol abuse or drug abuse; this dynamic is called dual diagnosis. Read how each disorder requires treatment.

Science Daily
Bipolar disorder drug cuts drinking

PsychCentral
Best practice is simultaneous treatment
The research on alcoholism, or alcohol or other drug abuse, and bipolar disorder says treating both at the same time is most effective.

http://bipolar.about.com/od/alcoholsubstanceabuse/Alcohol_Substance_Abuse.htm
Bipolar Disorder About.com
Alcohol & Substance Abuse
It is generally believed that 30% to 60% of those with bipolar disorder (manic depression) also struggle with alcoholism or substance abuse perhaps in an attempt to self-medicate.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200305/alcoholism-and-bipolar-disorder
Alcoholism and Bipolar Disorder
The temptation to have just one more drink may be too great for women with bipolar disorder. Research has found that they are seven times more likely to suffer from alcoholism than other women. Bipolar men are at risk too; they are three times more likely to suffer from alcoholism than other men.

The worry, experts note, is that these patients try to self-medicate themselves by drinking too much. To understand the drinking problems of bipolar patients, Mark Frye and researchers from the University of California at Los Angeles examined 267 outpatients enrolled in the Stanley Foundation Bipolar Network.

There are many many more articles to support my position and that of the Psychologists and Psychiatrists I talked to about it.  I had done a lot of research on this topic.  I would be very interested in the research that supports your conclusion as I am have read a lot on this topic as it pertains to a dear friend of mine.  Thank you.

JAG also had a bunch of over the counter pills in his pocket when he was arrested.

Bearly - I will apologize up front because this answer is going to offend many people. The reason that medical people say that people are bipolar or alcoholic is simple - money. Treatment centers do not fix true alcoholics. Recovery with medical treatment only is very rare for the TRUE alcoholic. Many people are diagnosed with alcoholism who are not true and real alcoholics. My opinion is based on 60+ years of experience of our fellowship. Add to that the alcoholism is a medical disease.  While many people with alcoholism do have co morbid mental disorders, this is not always true. Medical studies show that TRUE alcoholics metabolize alcohol differently than normal people. It is my opinion (and since I am not a doctor it is just that - an opinion) is that my experience shows (and is confirmed by the findings of many of my fellowship - all the way back to the 1930s) the diagnosis of alcoholism is not a medical diagnosis. Alcohol abuse or alcohol related medical/psychological problems can be diagnosed by the medial professionals. Alcoholism can not be diagnosed by the average medical professional. Alcoholism is a three part disease - mental, physical and spiritual. The physical is easy to see and diagnose but the other two are no so easy unless you are the person.

I do not want to clog this thread with this information - if you have more questions or need clarification - my throw away addy is ckg2472-votes@yahoo.com. Feel free to email me.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #802 on: March 08, 2010, 08:52:43 AM »

Over the past 13 months we have gotten to know Amber through her family and those who love her.  We have learned of her passion for wolves.  My son has the same passion for animals, especially those on the endangered list, and wolves are his favorite topic to write about in that category, so I am reminded of her at home.  We know what she likes, we know her character, we know she would never run away, we know she has perfect attendance, and so many other things.  A bright light has gone out in our world that can never be replaced, our history is forever changed by her death.

The one thing that this long period of time before finding her did, is make her better known to us and those who have been searching for her and following her case.  While it is optimal to find your loved one right away, this gave us the opportunity to know, to like, and to love Amber.  It is so hard to believe what has happened to her.  It makes me physically ill and uncontrollably sad. 

Amber's family has been such crusaders for her, that she is well-loved is obvious.  I cannot imagine the pain they are going through, as just knowing her for 13 months has endeared her to my heart, where she will remain.

My deepest sympathy and condolences go to Amber's family and those who love her.  You have courage beyond what anyone could imagine.  God bless you, you will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

This must be very difficult for you...being so close to such a horrible thing.  The news of Chelsea and Amber breaks my heart and has affected me in many ways...so, I could not imagine how you are feeling.  God Bless you and the loved ones of Chelsea and Amber.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: March 08, 2010, 09:11:46 AM »

Michelle Bart should have leaked it, I would have. This is important for the public to know, what if someone saw something but didn't know they saw it? This is why in my opinion LE is wrong about not using the publics help.

I am curious about this person that told LE about where to find amber. How would they know? Maybe they did see him around that area at that time and didn't realize it? Maybe he talked to someone? maybe like his doctor or who ever counsels him? Maybe his girl friend? Mommy dearest finally felt she should no longer cover for her son?

I honestly don't care for Michelle Bart after the Anthony case.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: March 08, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-03-08/local-county-news/amber-dubois-candelight-vigil-set-for-monday-night-in-escondido

Amber Dubois candelight vigil set for Monday night in Escondido

Posted By chris.nixon On March 8, 2010 @ 2:44 am In Local News

ESCONDIDO – A candlelight vigil will be held Monday night at Escondido High School for Amber Dubois, whose skeletal remains were found in Pala more than a year after she disappeared while walking to the school when she was 14 years old. The vigil is set for 6:30 p.m. at the high school at 1535 N. Broadway, Escondido.

Despite a prolonged search by law enforcement, her family and volunteers, her body was not found until Saturday.

“The discovery was made in the early morning hours of Saturday, in a very rugged and remote section of Pala,” Escondido police Chief Jim Maher said at a news conference.

Pala is in northern San Diego County, about 25 miles from Escondido.

The chief said detectives were following a lead when her body was found.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: March 08, 2010, 09:56:14 AM »

Not sure if this was posted:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/07/dubois-tip-didnt-come-gardner-source-says/

Dubois tip didn't come from Gardner, source says
P.I. says the accused killer of Chelsea King didn't lead authorities to Amber's remains
By John Wilkens, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 5:58 p.m

Accused killer John Albert Gardner III had nothing to do with the tip that led law enforcement to Amber Dubois’ remains, according to a local private investigator who worked on the case.

Bill Garcia, hired by Amber’s family shortly after she disappeared, said he was told by a person with first-hand knowledge that the tip about the location of the remains did not come from Gardner, who was charged Wednesday with the rape and murder of Chelsea King, 17, of Poway.

“The entire Chelsea King event emotionally pulled at somebody who had this information,” Garcia said. “They’ve seen the community in a lot of pain. Someone who had been afraid to say something finally came forward.”

Amber was 14 when she disappeared the morning of Feb. 13, 2009, as she was walking to Escondido High School. Her body was found Saturday in the Pala area of North County, authorities announced today.

Garcia said he’s long suspected Amber's body might be found in the Pala area, because any abductor would have wanted to get away from high-traffic areas quickly, and rural routes out of Escondido lead to the Pauma Valley.

“We’ve spent a lot of time in the past year, working that canyon,” Garcia said. “You put yourself in the mindset of someone who would perpetrate this crime, and all the indicators point in that direction. It’s no mystery to me that’s where she was found.”

He said his “suspicion” is that the remains were found in the northeast corner of the Pala reservation, “in an area that is difficult to get into and an area we have not searched.”

People.com initially reported that a hiker had stumbled on the remains, but a law enforcement source told The San Diego Union-Tribune that is not correct. People.com removed the reference in later versions of its story.

A former federal firefighter, Garcia has been a private investigator since 1992 and has been involved in two other high-profile searches in San Diego for missing children, Danielle van Dam and Jahi Turner.

One of his teams found Danielle’s body in Dehesa, 25 days after the 7-year-old was snatched from her bedroom in Sabre Springs in February 2002. A neighbor, David Westerfield, was convicted in the case and is on death row.

Jahi, 2, was reported missing from a playground near the edge of Balboa Park in April 2002. He is still missing.

Garcia said about the only positive thing to come from the discovery of Amber’s remains “is that Moe and Carrie finally have some answers. Not knowing — that’s what destroys families.”

Staff writer Kristina Davis contributed to this report

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #806 on: March 08, 2010, 09:57:57 AM »

http://articles.latimes.com/1991-03-12/news/mn-138_1_oceanside-police
Here is an article on the little girl they found in this area back in 1989 in case anyone is interested. I am trying to find if this was ever solved, not sure. Anyone know?

I am off to bed, it has been a long day and I am seeing double. Prayers tonight go out to Ambers family and friends.

Missing in 89' - Found in 1991, Tracy. No, it has not been solved.
Leticia Hernandez is listed here >>

Past child abduction and murder cases in San Diego County
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/06/past-child-abduction-and-murder-cases-san-diego-co/

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:04:10 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: March 08, 2010, 10:32:19 AM »

Amber's remains found; father thanks supporters
Police say discovery near Pala ends 13-month search for Escondido teen

The 13-month mystery about Amber Dubois ended Sunday in the worst way imaginable, with police announcing they had found human skeletal remains and positively identified them as those of the missing 14-year-old.

At an afternoon news conference inside Escondido police headquarters, Police Chief Jim Maher told a room filled with reporters and city officials that information developed in the past few days led investigators to a remote corner of the county north of the tiny community of Pala.

Bones discovered Saturday morning were confirmed to be Amber’s through a check of dental records that afternoon, Maher said. Her parents were notified within hours.

The remains were found west of Pala Temecula Road, about three miles north of the historic Pala Mission — the same area where the remains of 7-year-old Leticia Hernandez were discovered 15 months after she disappeared from her Oceanside home in 1989.

MORE....

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/07/site-ambers-remains-north-pala-mission/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: March 08, 2010, 10:36:31 AM »

ESCONDIDO: Family, community mourn Amber Dubois

After more than a year of rallying the public to bring 14-year-old Amber Dubois home alive, her family on Sunday retreated in grief at the news the missing girl was found dead. The community began its mourning, too.

Amber's skeletal remains were found north of the Pala Indian Reservation Saturday morning by police and sheriff's detectives following a tip, Escondido police Chief Jim Maher said Sunday at a news conference.

Amber's father Maurice Dubois and mother Carrie McGonigle learned the news Saturday evening, Maher said. They attended Sunday's press conference, but appeared too aggrieved to speak at length.

With wet eyes and a faraway look, a hunched Maurice Dubois briefly thanked volunteers who had helped search for his daughter. McGonigle stood by his side, also tearful.

Ever since Amber, a bookish freshman, disappeared without a trace on her way to school at Escondido High on Feb. 13, 2009, her parents have said they believed she was alive, most probably abducted by someone who was keeping her against her will.

Only last week, when 30-year-old registered sex offender John Albert Gardner was arrested on suspicion of killing 17-year-old Chelsea King near Lake Hodges, did they begin speaking openly about the possibility that Gardner, who lived in Escondido from 2008 until early 2010, might have killed their daughter.

"In our hearts, we don't want to accept that," Maurice Dubois said last week.

Maher on Sunday would not comment on the investigation and would not say whether Gardner was suspected in Amber's death.

On Sunday, the family of Chelsea King reacted to Amber's death on their Facebook page, Chelsea's Light.

"Chelsea's light is grieving not only for Chelsea, but for beautiful Amber Dubois, whose remains were discovered today. Our hearts and love go out to the Dubois family."

Several Amber Dubois memorial pages also had been added to Facebook by Sunday evening.

Escondido resident Michelle Tuckerson said she and her husband became friends with Maurice Dubois after stopping off at the Amber Search Center last March to help. She said she cried Sunday when she learned of his new grief.

"You want closure for the family, so they can mourn, but at the same time, I just know the pain is unbelievable," Tuckerson said. "He believed it with all his heart she wasn't dead"

Amber's mysterious disappearance has haunted people in Escondido and beyond, with thousands putting up posters or getting involved in weekend searches, fundraisers and vigils.

Mayor Lori Holt Pfeiler said the community would "mourn and grieve" Amber's death. A longstanding wish she might one day come home made her death even harder, she said.

"She has weighed very heavy on our hearts, and we had hoped we would be able to find her," Pfeiler said.

All five City Council members attended the Sunday news conference to show support for Amber's family, the mayor said.

"It's a very sad day," said City Councilman Dick Daniels. "It's a nightmare we've finally woken up to that we hoped wouldn't be, but feared would be."

Mourners stopped by Escondido High School and put up makeshift memorials Sunday evening.

School officials Sunday made preparations for a hard day at the school.

Ed Nelson, superintendent of the Escondido High School District, said crisis teams were being readied to provide counseling to adults and students on Monday.

"We will make sure our counselors are prepared to deal with anything that surfaces on any of the campuses," he said. "In light of the King case and now this, the concerns are magnified. What a devastating and tragic end for both families."

At Escondido High, Amber was an enthusiastic member of the Future Farmers of America Club. On the morning she disappeared, she had a $200 check to cover the deposit to obtain a lamb she planned to raise with the club.

Agriculture teacher and FFA sponsor Marc Reyburn said club members have always believed Amber would be found alive, so he wasn't sure how kids would react at school Monday.

"Even when Chelsea King went missing, and then was found, they still had hope," Reyburn said. "'We're going to find Amber; we're going to find Amber,'" he said they'd say.

Amber's best friend, Jade Fidel, was doing "horrible" after she learned the news while watching the live news conference on television, Jade's father, Jeff Fidel, said.

"I was in the other room; I didn't know," he said. "I just heard (Jade) wailing and screaming. How is it they find one girl after two days and one after 14 months?"

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_f498c3d9-201e-525d-821a-6c4a7472e43d.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #809 on: March 08, 2010, 10:39:01 AM »

ESCONDIDO: Amber's walk to school went past homes, crowded streets

On a regular day, Amber Dubois' mile walk to Escondido High School was a relatively short trek through her neighborhood of manicured lawns and along usually busy streets.

On Feb. 13, 2009, the 14-year-old freshman vanished at some point between her home and her school.

And on Saturday, one year and three weeks to the day she disappeared, investigators found her skeletal remains in rugged Pala terrain miles away.

Amber lived at the end of a cul-de-sac, Fire Mountain Place, in a two-story house on a steep hill.

The path to school would take her down to Paradise Street, where she would have turned north.

The block-long walk would take her past well-kept homes with small green lawns.

Trees along the curbside on Paradise are too thin to hide behind, but some homes boast tall, thick bushes, potential hiding spots for an ambush.

Paradise Street ends at Vista Way, a wide, busy street where she would have swung left.

The next leg of the walk, to North Broadway, is two-tenths of a mile.

The route goes past the entrance to Calvin Christian High School, a private school.

The landscape is flat, with wide swaths of green lawns on both sides of the street.

There is no place to hide outside, but cars can park along the curb.

At the corner stoplight, Amber would have turned right and headed south on North Broadway for the final half-mile stretch of her walk.

The walk would take her by walled apartment complexes to her right and cars parked along the street on the left, with only a small width of sidewalk.

The final stretch goes past fencing around the school's athletic fields.

Two neighbors told police they spotted her that morning near the driveway to the school district bus barn, just north of the high school.

Had Amber walked 200 more yards past the school's football stadium, police have said, she may have come within view of a security camera mounted on top of the gym.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_0cf29cc9-30ea-5aee-a832-b67317090a34.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #810 on: March 08, 2010, 10:42:47 AM »

Teen loved reading and animals, large and small

As a young girl, Amber Dubois would read under her sheets with a flashlight when she should have been sleeping. Later, she would lose herself in books as her teachers taught class around her.

It was the closest she ever came to trouble.

“She was the person who would be caught by the teacher for reading, and the teacher would be like, ‘Put that book away,’ ” said Hailey Kosinski, 15.

Sunday, family, former teachers and close friends shared memories of Amber, the Escondido teenager whose remains were found near Pala in North County more than a year after her disappearance.

She was last seen shortly after 7 a.m. Feb. 13, 2009, on her way to Escondido High School, where she was a 14-year-old freshman. She had planned a happy day, evidenced by the Valentine’s Day gifts she carried for friends and a $200 check to buy a lamb for a National FFA Organization project.

As much as she loved reading, Amber adored animals and the lamb would have been the newest in her beloved menagerie.

She had decided on a French name for the lamb, Annette, after consulting with her paternal grandmother, Eugenie Dubois, who lives in La Mirada. Her father, Moe Dubois, lives in Buena Park.

The walk to campus was less than a mile from where Amber lived with her mother, Carrie McGonigle, her mother’s then-boyfriend, and her little sister, Allison. Along the way, she sent a text message to her other grandmother, Sheila Welch, about the bag of handmade Valentine’s Day gifts she had given 5-year-old Allison.

“She was so excited about going to high school because of the animal husbandry program there,” said Welch, an attorney in Paramount, a Los Angeles suburb.

Amber already owned a horse, Rojo, stabled near Welch’s home. “We were very, very close,” Welch said, “but I think sometimes she came to see Rojo and I was just there anyway.”

Then there was the dog Amber persuaded Welch to adopt. The pup was part of a litter born in the stable, and Amber decided it needed her grandmother’s care because of its deformed tail.

“She named it China,” Welch said.

Dogs, cats, a bird and the occasional guinea pig populated Amber’s life.

Her poetry reflected her love of nature and animals, said Pat Gross, Amber’s eighth-grade English teacher at Rincon Middle School in Escondido. Amber, her mother and sister had moved to Escondido from Los Angeles County before Amber started eighth grade. She had previously attended Nazarene Christian School near Paramount.

“Her poetry was always a nature theme,” Gross said.

“The thing I will remember most about Amber was her sense of wonder,” Gross said. “She was just a charming, bright, inquisitive and somewhat naive young woman with such zest for life.”

A week before she disappeared, Amber had visited Gross and chattered excitedly about the lamb. When Gross reminded her that ultimately, she would be selling it at auction, Amber reacted indignantly, focusing on the nurturing ahead.

When Gross learned Sunday that Amber’s body had been found, she said, “I am deeply, deeply saddened by the news, but also grateful because she can be at peace and maybe her family can find some comfort. But it’s unspeakably tragic.”

Carrie McGibney teaches social studies and had Amber in her class at Rincon. She described the teen as mix of live wire and bookworm. When she wasn’t chattering with friends, Amber would walk the school hallways buried in a book. McGibney would tease her about watching where she was going.

“Even in class, she would be reading a book while I lectured,” McGibney said.

Friends recalled gathering at Amber’s house before their freshman homecoming dance in fall 2008.

They hung out around Amber’s pool before getting ready for the dance.

“She doesn’t get girlie very often,” said Kelly Edward, 15. “But she looked awesome that night.”

Some of the same friends met up for the premiere of the “Twilight” movie and made T-shirts beforehand. While other girls argued over Jacob and Edward, the two main boys from the vampire series, Amber created a T-shirt emblazoned “Team Lestat,” in reference to an older literary vampire.

Amber also loved to draw wolves, dogs and other “cute and cuddly” things in her notebooks, in class notes or on blank printer paper, Hailey said.

She said Amber thought wolves “to be such kind creatures.”

“They’re sort of, I don’t know, you could escape from maybe any sort of mean people.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/07/teenager-loved-reading-and-her-menagerie-animals-l/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #811 on: March 08, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »

Has this boy that a witness that saw Amber walking with, was he ever identified?
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: March 08, 2010, 10:46:33 AM »

Prayers today for the children of Amber's school who have to try to deal with their emotions an angelic monkey Amber is now a lamb of God.

Thank you for all your hard work and research in this case and all others, everyone.  I know there is no conciliation prize but you called this one Edward.

Who is this "boy" Amber was walking with, NEVER been identified.  And I'm not buying the whole "Red Truck" explanation!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: March 08, 2010, 10:46:43 AM »

Skeletal remains of Amber Dubois found near Pala Reservation
Posted: March 7, 2010 2:29 pm

... Amber's parents also said that police were slow to respond to what they believed was an important scent trail to the Pala Library picked up by a team of highly trained East Coast search dogs brought in by the family in August.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_24b443c5-8634-598e-a5ff-2bea337f6d73.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #814 on: March 08, 2010, 10:50:06 AM »

2 Missing Teen Cases, 2 Different Police Responses
March 6, 2010

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=10028309

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: March 08, 2010, 10:53:14 AM »

Over the past 13 months we have gotten to know Amber through her family and those who love her.  We have learned of her passion for wolves.  My son has the same passion for animals, especially those on the endangered list, and wolves are his favorite topic to write about in that category, so I am reminded of her at home.  We know what she likes, we know her character, we know she would never run away, we know she has perfect attendance, and so many other things.  A bright light has gone out in our world that can never be replaced, our history is forever changed by her death.

The one thing that this long period of time before finding her did, is make her better known to us and those who have been searching for her and following her case.  While it is optimal to find your loved one right away, this gave us the opportunity to know, to like, and to love Amber.  It is so hard to believe what has happened to her.  It makes me physically ill and uncontrollably sad. 

Amber's family has been such crusaders for her, that she is well-loved is obvious.  I cannot imagine the pain they are going through, as just knowing her for 13 months has endeared her to my heart, where she will remain.

My deepest sympathy and condolences go to Amber's family and those who love her.  You have courage beyond what anyone could imagine.  God bless you, you will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Bearlyhere.

an angelic monkey

Janet

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: March 08, 2010, 11:02:39 AM »

Has this boy that a witness that saw Amber walking with, was he ever identified?

No he has not.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: March 08, 2010, 11:04:41 AM »

Prayers today for the children of Amber's school who have to try to deal with their emotions an angelic monkey Amber is now a lamb of God.

Thank you for all your hard work and research in this case and all others, everyone.  I know there is no conciliation prize but you called this one Edward.

Who is this "boy" Amber was walking with, NEVER been identified.  And I'm not buying the whole "Red Truck" explanation!

The red truck explanation I never swallowed either.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #818 on: March 08, 2010, 11:04:56 AM »

No he has not.
Thank-you
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: March 08, 2010, 11:06:37 AM »

Amber's Mother 'Crushed' by News

A vigil is planned Monday night to remember Amber Dubois, the Escondido teenager who disappeared more than a year ago and whose body were found over the weekend.

Skeletal remains found on the Pala Reservation east of Interstate 15 and bisected by state route 76 have been positively identified as Amber, according to Escondido police.

Amber's parents, Maurice Dubois and Carrie McGonigle, thanked supporters and searchers after the discovery was announced  Sunday. Privately, Maurice Dubois said that the number one thing that he wants to do now is to change the laws when it comes to sexual predators.

Amber’s mother was described as “absolutely crushed.” She had hope that her daughter would be found alive. McGonigle said that she had believed in her heart her daughter was still alive. It was that hope that was the driving force behind the months and months of searching for her.

Amber Dubois' grandmother, Sheila Welch, released a statement Sunday, "Her loss dims life as we know it and words cannot express the depth of our anguish."

"Beloved Amber. You will forever be in our hearts as a flame of love that burns eternal," Welch wrote.

Escondido police and San Diego County Sheriff's investigators were following a lead in the case when they made this discovery, according to Chief Jim Maher.

Media packed the briefing room at the Escondido police department on West Grand Avenue at 3:30 p.m. Sunday after news leaked that there had been a major development in the case.

Amber's parents, Maurice Dubois and Carrie McGonigle approached the podium but only her father spoke. He thanked the volunteers and members of the community who helped in the search efforts. "They were the most dedicated people you could imagine," he said. "Without them we couldn't have done anything."  Amber's mother did not speak at the news conference.

Amber was last seen just after 7 a.m. Friday, Feb. 13, 2009 about a block from Escondido High. She was 14-years old at the time.

In late February, Poway teenager Chelsea King's disappearance launched an extensive search in the area around Lake Hodges with officers from multiple agencies. A body was found along the southern edge of the lake and a registered sex offender was charged with murder and rape in Chelsea's death.

John Albert Gardner III pleaded not guilty in the rape and slaying of 17-year-old Chelsea King.

Escondido police would not answer questions Sunday about the discovery and any potential suspects in the case, explaining that it was an ongoing investigation.

Many might wonder if it was Gardner who led investigators to the Pala location, after working out some kind of deal with prosecutors.

Former San Diego County District Attorney Paul Pfingst said it's possible. "In this case, the most likely consideration that a district attorney would offer a suspect in return for information for the whereabouts of Amber's body would be to strike the death penalty and have him plead guilty to life without parole," Pfingst said Sunday.

Gardner's murder charge in the King case has a special circumstance which does make him eligible for the death penalty.

The King family released a statement Sunday on Chelsea's Light Facebook page, "Chelsea's light is grieving not only for Chelsea, but for beautiful Amber DuBois, whose remains were discovered today. Our hearts and love go out to the DuBois family."

The vigil to remember Amber Dubois is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at Escondido High School.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Vigil-to-Remember-Amber-Dubois-86872742.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.