March 19, 2024, 04:40:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 565707 times)
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1200 on: March 11, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »

Does anyone have information if the family is planning any arrangments? I would like to send flowers so if that information can be posted or emailed to me I would really appreciate it. 

We are working through the difficult task of preparing for a public as well as a private memorial service for our sweet Amber.  I will be sure to let you know when the public memorial plans have been finalized - tentatively set for 3/27 - thanks.   an angelic monkey

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1201 on: March 11, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »

Does anyone have information if the family is planning any arrangments? I would like to send flowers so if that information can be posted or emailed to me I would really appreciate it. 

We are working through the difficult task of preparing for a public as well as a private memorial service for our sweet Amber.  I will be sure to let you know when the public memorial plans have been finalized - tentatively set for 3/27 - thanks.   an angelic monkey
Thank-you  an angelic monkey
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1202 on: March 11, 2010, 12:53:49 PM »

thank you
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1203 on: March 11, 2010, 01:01:49 PM »

The site typically becomes an archaeological dig, excavated layer by layer. Nothing is removed until it is fully exposed, photographed and mapped. Sides of a makeshift grave are examined for marks that might reveal what kind of tool was used. Soil under the skeleton is tested to see if decomposition happened there or if the remains had been moved. The work often takes more than a week.

Forensic entomologists, who study insect activity as a way to determine time of death, are sometimes called in. David Faulkner, an entomologist from San Diego, said there aren’t usually live insects around skeletons, but they sometimes leave traces.

You can’t tell when the person died exactly, but you may be able to determine the season of the year based upon pupae cases and other insect detritus in the soil,” he said. “If you find sufficient pupae of a cold weather species of insect, you can roughly estimate how long the body has been there.”

Forensic anthropologists — bone experts — also play a role, both at the scene and in the lab. Elizabeth Miller, who does such work for law enforcement in Los Angeles, said she’s looking for bullet holes, blunt-force fractures, knife marks.

But most skeletonized remains you don’t find a lot of signs of trauma,” said Miller, an anthropology professor at California State University Los Angeles.

That makes it hard to determine a cause of death, although sometimes clothing is found with cuts or tears in them that can be revealing. Bonnell and Wyatt said it’s common in skeletal cases to never figure out the cause. But that doesn’t preclude examiners from reaching a conclusion on the manner of death.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1204 on: March 11, 2010, 01:22:09 PM »

That pic is just so difficult to look at.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1205 on: March 11, 2010, 03:04:26 PM »

The Mexican indigenous people believe that where the body died is where the soul resides.
That is why you see flowers along the side of the road after an auto accident. I have seen many little houses with little furniture and beautifully built and placed along the roads of Mexico so that a soul will have a place to reside and family members bring new flowers all the time and keep the house looking nice..

maybe a memorial can be placed at this location.

very sad and disturbing photo. true.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1206 on: March 11, 2010, 03:56:18 PM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2009/jun/15/bn15attempt-kidnap-girl/

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2009/may/23/1m23pubsafe234233-public-safety/

http://apps.sdsheriff.net/press/Default.aspx?FileLink=2e53c656-9c35-4aa9-b992-b48de60cd916

http://apps.sdsheriff.net/press/Default.aspx?FileLink=fcb085af-1a0d-43d3-a8a4-144b88e7c3e6

http://apps.sdsheriff.net/press/Default.aspx?FileLink=0009e5b4-0daa-425a-8662-b2d0af159586

As I was looking around for unsolved kidnappings, murders, sexual assaults and so on...I found these links.  It seems that there is another man trying to abduct kids in the area.  Just FYI...

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1207 on: March 11, 2010, 04:26:04 PM »

I want to remember Amber just like this..

My family has a connection to the Monterey Bay Aquarium through a membership and my youngest son desires to be a Penquinologist.. Yes there is such a thing, and he is in line to take care of them weekly and visits them often.

I will always think of Amber when he does.. Just like this.

She is beautiful.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1208 on: March 11, 2010, 04:39:39 PM »

New details reveal that John Gardner fathered twins  (with video)

We’re learning more about John Albert Gardner III.  The man charged with Chelsea King’s murder and rape, and who is being investigated for Amber Dubois’ murder, is a father and the son of a highly-educated mother.

John Gardner’s mother and his stepfather, Cathy Osborne and Kevin O’Neill, are both members of the San Diego Hash House Harriers, a group that describes itself as a “Drinking Club with a Running Problem.”

On Dec. 27, the group hosted a running event on the same day and location where John Gardner is accused of attacking a woman.

Gardner’s stepfather wrote in the group’s newsletter that day, “Disturbing news at the start…when other members…give us word that a girl had been attacked that morning in the trails where we would be running.”

Kevin O’Neill runs a family photo touch up company out of his Rancho Bernardo home while Cathy teaches behavioral health at Scripps.

On her LinkedIn page, Cathy says she cares for “some of the most challenging psychiatric patients.”

Court documents from 2000 show her son, John Gardner, took at least 8 different psychiatric medications while living with Cathy, including Ritalin, Zoloft, and Paxil.

Last week, Chelsea King’s parents told San Diego 6 that they believed Cathy was putting neighbors in danger by allowing her son to stay at her home.  ”Anyone who is a parent cannot in good conscious sit there and say, ‘Yes, it’s okay to let this person live next door.’  You cannot — you cannot tell me.”

Now we’re learning Gardner is a parent of twin boys.  But the convicted sex offender never married his children’s mother.

By 2009, The Enterprise Report says, he was living with Jariah Baker at an apartment not far from Escondido High School where 14-year-old Amber Dubois disappeared.  Sources tell us Baker is now working with authorities on the Dubois murder investigation.

The black Nissan Sentra that Gardner was seen driving is registered to Baker.  The Enterprise Report obtained a ticket John Gardner received while driving the sedan on January 30th in Lake Elsinore.

He was stopped at a DUI check point and ticketed for failing to have registration or proof of insurance.

Last week, San Diego 6 broke the story of a man matching Gardner’s description following another young girl in a black car as she walked home from Bernardo Heights Middle School.  The suspect in that case was eventually scared off.

Sources said the black Sentra was seized by investigators.

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-03-11/local-county-news/new-details-reveal-that-john-gardner-fathered-twins
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1209 on: March 11, 2010, 04:48:01 PM »

She must have known a lot about him and his activities.. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1210 on: March 11, 2010, 04:52:15 PM »

I wondered if it may have been someone who felt safe now that he was in jail to come forward (not saying it was her as we do not know) .  Glad she is working with LE. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1211 on: March 11, 2010, 05:11:12 PM »

More than 200 sign up to clear brush
Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 12:04 a.m.

ESCONDIDO — More than 200 people have volunteered to help clear overgrown brush from the trails of the 283-acre Kit Carson Park from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday.

The outpouring of volunteerism came after Escondido publicized its increasing budget problems and after the death of 17-year-old Chelsea King of Poway. Chelsea went missing Feb. 25 after she went for a run at Rancho Bernardo Community Park. John Albert Gardner III, a registered sex offender, has been charged with rape and murder.

Gardner also is the focus of the police investigation into the death of 14-year-old Amber Dubois of Escondido, who disappeared in February 2008 while walking to Escondido High School. Amber’s remains were found in a remote part of the Pala Indian Reservation over the weekend.

Last night, at a City Council meeting, Escondido community services director Jerry Van Leeuwen said volunteers for the brush clearing include the Kiwanis Club of Escondido, Emmanuel Faith Community Church, college and high school students, Girl Scouts San Diego-Imperial Council and Boy Scouts of America Kit Carson District.

Students from Escondido High School, who attended the council meeting to plead for more stringent control over sex offenders, also said they will help in the brush clearing.

“This is tremendously exciting — all the response from the community — in light of our budget issues and the tragic events,” Van Leeuwen said. “This is a little bit of community therapy too.”

Those who wish to volunteer Saturday should wear long-sleeved shirts, long pants and sunscreen and bring gloves, garden tools, pruners, hedgers and loppers, but leave power tools behind for safety reasons, Van Leeuwen said.

Younger volunteers will be asked to help with water runs.

The work will concentrate on the south end of the park, on the bike and walking trails. Nature preserves will be marked to protect wildlife habitats, Van Leeuwen said.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/11/more-200-sign-clear-brush/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1212 on: March 11, 2010, 05:13:57 PM »

Is This Gardner's Car?

A car believed to have belonged to the man accused of murdering Chelsea King was towed from an Escondido wrecking yard on Thursday morning and taken to a city holding facility.

As of 1 p.m., Escondido police had not returned a phone call to confirm the car did, in fact, belong to Gardner or the circumstances surrounding the impounding of the vehicle. Earlier this week in San Diego Superior Court, Judge David Danielson issued a gag order in the case involving John Gardner, who, in addition to being a suspect in the King case is also a focus of the investigation in the death of Amber Dubois.

The owner of Cardinal Auto Wrecking, however, said detectives asked him not to comment on the vehicle, an indication that there is a possible connection to Gardner.

The owner would not say, however, who brought in the vehicle to the salvage yard or confirm when it was brought in. The yard is located exactly three blocks from Gardner's last known residence in Escondido on Rock Springs Road.

The car towed from the wrecking yard on Thursday morning is a gold 1999 Grand Prix. That information may be significant. In October, a man bearing a resemblance to Gardner in a composite sketch was being sought in Riverside County for attempting to force a girl into a car at gunpoint as she walked to school. The girl was able to run away. She described the suspect's car at the time as a "'90s era gold four-door sedan, unknown make." That description would seem to match the car that was towed from the wreckage lot on Thursday.

The car was at the tow yard since January, sources said. The owner of the wreckage yard would not confirm the date but did say the vehicle identification numbers were forwarded to the DMV and Department of Justice, as is required by law. He also said the car was brought in with "front end damage." When it was towed away Thursday, the car appeared to have other damage as well. However, that could have been because parts of the car had been used as salvage.

Gardner is being held without bail. His preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 4.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Is-This-Gardners-Car.html
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1213 on: March 11, 2010, 05:14:41 PM »

I wondered if it may have been someone who felt safe now that he was in jail to come forward (not saying it was her as we do not know) .  Glad she is working with LE. 

I am glad as well.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1214 on: March 11, 2010, 05:23:38 PM »

I want to remember Amber just like this..

My family has a connection to the Monterey Bay Aquarium through a membership and my youngest son desires to be a Penquinologist.. Yes there is such a thing, and he is in line to take care of them weekly and visits them often.

I will always think of Amber when he does.. Just like this.

She is beautiful.

What a nice pick Edward. She looks so happy and beautiful in this pic, I like it much better then the area she was found. I love the pics of her taken the night of that dance. Carrie told me the story of that night, how excited she was that all of her friends loved her hair and dress. To me it reminds me of my first formal dance and how much fun that night was.

BTW, I love the Monterey Bay AQ. My husband and I went there a few months back, it was so beautiful. Monterey is such a gorgeous place, I made him promise me we will retire there, maybe we will be neighbors, lol.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1215 on: March 11, 2010, 07:07:15 PM »

http://www.10news.com/news/22814264/detail.html

Report: Gardner Violated Parole Terms In 2007

POSTED: 2:59 pm PST March 11, 2010
UPDATED: 3:55 pm PST March 11, 2010

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A convicted sex offender charged with murdering one California teenager and under investigation for another killing violated his parole by moving too close to a school but was allowed to remain free, according to records obtained Thursday by The Associated Press.

Had John Albert Gardner III been returned to prison in 2007 he would have been evaluated for commitment to a state mental hospital as a sexually violent predator. He also would have qualified for wearing an electronic tracking device for the rest of his life.

"It was just an incompetent decision that didn't protect public safety," said state Sen. George Runner, who wrote Jessica's Law, the sex offender law approved by voters in 2006.

"And now we have, what, two victims and who knows what else is out there?" he said.

The parole records show state officials found Gardner illegally living within a half-mile of a school in September 2007 and decided to keep him on parole. The records show at least five later violations, the last on Sept. 8, 2008, just 18 days before Gardner was let go from parole supervision and his location-tracking GPS bracelet removed from his ankle.

Each time, the decision was "COP:" Continue on Parole.

"All the indications were there saying that this was a very serious situation," said Nancy Kincaid, spokeswoman for the state Department of Mental Health. "A very serious evaluation would have been followed all the way through."

Gardner's attorney, Michael John Popkins, did not return a telephone message left by AP. He is under a court-ordered gag order not to talk about the case.

Gardner, 30, served five years in prison and three years of parole after pleading guilty in 2000 to molesting a 13-year-old neighbor girl.

He pleaded not guilty last week to murdering Chelsea King, 17, whose presumed body was found March 2 buried in a park near her hometown of Poway.

He also is charged with assaulting a woman in the same park in December, and is a suspect but has not been charged in the disappearance of 14-year-old Amber Dubois as she walked to school in Escondido in early 2009.

Her skeletal remains were found Saturday on an Indian reservation.

"There was nothing to indicate then that he would do this, or allegedly do this," said Oscar Hidalgo, spokesman for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. "I guess one can always look back, but we don't have the luxury."

In fact, Gardner was considered to be a low- or moderate-risk sex offender, based on the assessment in use at the time, Hidalgo said.

He wasn't sent back to prison in September 2007 because he corrected the residency violation by moving away from a college campus that had a day care center, Hidalgo said.

He had six other technical violations -- one more than shown in the records obtained by the AP, Hidalgo said.

Four involved letting the battery on his ankle bracelet run low, one for missing a meeting with his parole officer, and one for alleged marijuana possession that couldn't be substantiated.

"These are considered minor. Quite frankly if we were to blanket the system of parolees with minor offenses, we would ... overwhelm the system. We'd close the system down," Hidalgo said.

Laura Ahearn, executive director of New York-based Parents for Megan's Law and The Crime Victims Center, said parole agents missed a chance to possibly put Gardner away for years.

"A technical violation is an opportunity to take sexual predators off the street. Most would be looking for that opportunity," she said. "He could have been confined, and this may never have happened."

If officials ruled that Gardner violated his parole, they could have sent him back to prison, though most serve only about four extra months behind bars. However, the new prison term would have extended his parole supervision.

The violation also would have put Gardner under the jurisdiction of Jessica's Law and permitted lifetime electronic monitoring. In addition, it would have permitted Gardner's evaluation as a sexually violent predator, potentially keeping him locked up in a state mental health hospital for years.

Gardner couldn't be committed to a state mental hospital after the 2000 case because the law then required at least two victims. Jessica's Law now allows evaluations after just one.

Kincaid, the mental health spokeswoman, said Gardner might have been committed for having an underlying mental disorder and a likelihood that he would reoffend. However, the law involving commitment generally requires that the victim be a stranger. In this case, his victim was a neighbor who had known and trusted him for a year.

Gardner's 2000 probation report included comments from a psychiatrist who concluded he had "significant predatory traits" and should be kept in prison for as long as possible.

Kincaid said it was unclear from the records if the traits would qualify him as a sexually violent predator under the law.

The AP independently obtained computer-generated portions of Gardner's parole record after the corrections department reported it had routinely destroyed its paper field notes a year after Gardner was released from parole.

The department disclosed Tuesday that portions of the file were transferred to Gardner's central file.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1216 on: March 11, 2010, 08:14:07 PM »

North County students turn grief into action

ESCONDIDO— In the wake of the killings of Chelsea King and Amber Dubois, Escondido High School students are turning grief and fear into action.

The associated student body is organizing a petition drive with Poway High School students to tighten laws that regulate sexual predators. A registered sex offender has been charged with rape murder in Chelsea’s death and is also a suspect in Amber’s slaying.

The student leaders started their campaign Wednesday night at an Escondido City Council meeting, wearing black T-shirts with the words “am i not worth protecting?” printed on the front. All the words were in white, except for “i,” which was bright pink.

They said students are now afraid to walk to school, park far away from their churches, or be alone. So they started a petition drive to collect 6,000 names by the end of the month from all three Escondido high schools and Poway High.

The students will present the results to the Escondido City Council at the end of this month and go on to petition Assembly and Congressional representatives.

After Wednesday’s meeting, the students said they didn’t know 14-year-old Amber but she was one of their own, a student at Escondido High School. Amber disappeared Feb. 13, 2009, on her way to campus. Her skeletal remains were found in a remote in remote area near Pala on Saturday.

Their ASB adviser, Heather Weiner, said she has contacted her counterpart at Poway High School, which 17-year-old Chelsea attended, and has received support for the idea. Weiner also plans to help the students expand their petition drive to all North County schools.

Chelsea disappeared while jogging on a trail at Rancho Bernardo Community Park Feb. 25. Her body was later found in a shallow grave near Lake Hodges.

John Albert Gardner III, 30, of Lake Elsinore, awaits trial.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/11/north-county-students-turn-grief-action/
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1217 on: March 11, 2010, 11:11:05 PM »

SAN DIEGO -- 10News learned staff members at Scripps Mercy Hospital are upset about the mother of accused killer John Gardner returning to work.

Sources told 10News Scripps Mercy staff members were summoned to a 3 p.m. meeting Thursday to discuss the issue of Cathy Osborn's return to the hospital. The staff members were asked to dress in street clothes and come in through the front door.

Osborn is a registered nurse and is a supervisor in the behavioral health unit at Scripps Mercy. However, a 10News viewer and co-worker of Osborn sent in the following e-mail:

"Cannot tell you who I am for fear of being harassed, but his mother Cathy Osborn is going back to work at Scripps Mercy Hospital in behavioral health. She let her son live with her and had a key to her house and now is in a position of authority on a psychiatric unit where other sex offenders or psychiatric patients are placed based on her position … She knew he was a danger and never reported him. Her judgment could let other people out of a psychiatric facility that should not be. Staff do not respect her anymore and have to listen to her because she is in a position of authority. This is not right … Staff do not want to work with her and she is coming back to work."

Another co-worker called 10News and said "there's quite a few of us" feeling the same way and that there was a "big sigh of relief" that the word got out. She also said she believed it was in "bad taste" that Osborn continue teaching self-defense classes, and "when she came back Tuesday and walked in ready to teach class as usual, a lot of them walked out."

Scripps Mercy refused to discuss anything regarding the information the anonymous co-workers shared with 10News and said it was "inappropriate … a personnel issue."

10News learned staff members were dismissed from the 3 p.m. meeting at the last minute and told to set up individual meeting sessions.

While it will be five months before her son has his preliminary hearing, Osborn is already being judged at her place of employment.

http://www.10news.com/news/22816642/detail.html
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:30:17 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1218 on: March 11, 2010, 11:28:12 PM »

Wow
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1219 on: March 11, 2010, 11:28:41 PM »

Good I hope they fire her. She should not be working for this population of people. Many families are relying on her to have the best judgement possible so their loved one will be cared for properly. She deserves to be treated with harsh judgement, this is no time for political correctness. I say this as a mother to a child with a disability.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.