April 27, 2024, 10:18:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 570270 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1240 on: March 12, 2010, 01:44:18 PM »

I can't imagine that the hospital is going to keep her on, they may lose patients, and money is always the important thing.

I see Osborn going down "hill" fast (pun intended) and as you mentioned earlier, I could not believe the amount of medications Jag was on as a teenager..looks to me he was over medicated, and if he is bi-polar I hope its not something the twins inherit. Jag needed to be neutered...no offspring should come from him...poor babies that have to grow up with his genes.
To me there was no reason to put a teen on all that medication, heck an adult shouldn't be on all that.

Do you have a link that has a list of the medications, doses and dates of JAG's medications?  Even if you have the list, I don't see you you could  assume he is over medicated.  It's not unusual for the doctors of some teens to try several different medications and work with dosages to get it right.  Sometimes a patient cannot tolerate a medication due to side effects.  Unless you have seen JAG's case history, I don't know how you can assume there was no reason to "put a teen on all that medication".   I personally have experience with teens that are taking and have taken medications and they are a-okay.  For example, if a person takes 50 mg. zoloft vs. 100 mg. zoloft doesn't mean the one with the lower dosage is any less depressed than the one with the higher dose.  It's about body chemistry.  Some doctors work with their patients along with the parents, counselors and etc. and try to get the best possible scenario for the patient.  Sometimes that includes taking one or more medications.  This doesn't mean the patient has serious issues imo.  Sometimes a patient may take a combination of drugs, because condictions are often comorbid (In medicine, comorbidity describes the effect of all other diseases an individual patient might have other than the primary disease of interest.)  A teen may be ADHD and it's not uncommon for them to suffer also from OCD or depression.  The teen may take a combination of Concerta or ritalin for example, for the ADHD and Zoloft for depression.  It may be some person's opinion this is too much mediction, but the doctor and patient may not think so, especially if there is good progress made.  I don't take medications lightly.  I just think unless you can see the total case history of someone, it's hard to judge what is and isn't over medication.  It is true, there are some that may be over medicated, sometimes ritalin or such are over prescribed.  But sometimes it can make a difference in a persons life.  Maybe JAG is/was over medicated, I don't know.  But it does show to me he had some sort of issues and it also tells me someone sought help.  Maybe the meds didn't work/were wrong.  Maybe he had more than one issue, which is common.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1241 on: March 12, 2010, 01:54:58 PM »

There is a list in several of the articles posted the meds that Gardner has all been on.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1242 on: March 12, 2010, 01:55:42 PM »

I can't imagine that the hospital is going to keep her on, they may lose patients, and money is always the important thing.

I see Osborn going down "hill" fast (pun intended) and as you mentioned earlier, I could not believe the amount of medications Jag was on as a teenager..looks to me he was over medicated, and if he is bi-polar I hope its not something the twins inherit. Jag needed to be neutered...no offspring should come from him...poor babies that have to grow up with his genes.
To me there was no reason to put a teen on all that medication, heck an adult shouldn't be on all that.

Now you know I am in no way defending this mom, I cant' see anyone being on the medications at the same time without a serious medical problem occuring. There are times different meds are tried until you get the desired result. I am thinking that is what was done.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1243 on: March 12, 2010, 02:03:59 PM »

There is a list in several of the articles posted the meds that Gardner has all been on.

Thanks.  I remember one that mentioned ritalin, Zoloft and Paxil.  It's not that unusual to find a person that has been prescribed ritalin and zoloft or ritalin and paxil, due to the comorbidity that I mentioned in my previous post. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1244 on: March 12, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »

Suspect arrested in possible abduction case

Police have taken a suspect into custody in La Mesa that they believe may have tried to abduct a 12-year-old girl.

Thursday, police say a man in his fifties approached the girl near Fletcher Parkway, while she was on her way to school, hugged her and then tried to kiss her.

The school's vice principal happened to be driving by, picked the girl up, drove her to school and called police.

Check cbs8.com for continuing updates on this Breaking News Alert. Also, watch News 8 at 11 for the latest information.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12130563

Hmmm...I wonder if this is the same man that has a few other attempted abductions with area kids?  I posted a few links yesterday...but no one commented...so, I don't know if they were read.  I think that there is another predator out...be cautious there in the San Diego area.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1245 on: March 12, 2010, 02:15:10 PM »

Thank You SO MUCH.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1246 on: March 12, 2010, 02:24:43 PM »

I go on record for defending his mom..

She herself has not murdered anyone and every PROFESSIONAL doctor recommends those drugs and various others for ADHD.
It is NOT a crime to give those drugs and every medical school in the nation teaches them to give these drugs..

MOM has not murdered anybody..
 Mom has tried to FIX her son by following what she knows to be the right way..

The only thing mom is is stupid for not questioning the rules on these medications.
She would have gotten better results with a balanced life and diet in my humble opinion.

Who is guilty of teaching her and others to give these drugs is the AMA and the DRUG companies that push these drugs.. They teach them to give these drugs in college. It is part of her and others training.

Studies show.... Crap!!  I hate our medical system..!!

Anyways that is my rant on the AMA .. A drug association of criminals in my opinion.
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1247 on: March 12, 2010, 02:40:48 PM »

has the kevin o'reilly board been deleted? the search engine is down or smething on scared monkeys.. anyway..looks like you all caught up on the news, things aren't going great for his mom, I don't think she deserves to be punished or to lose her job, her son had a mind of his own and he chose to do those things, I bet if his mom did catch him in the act she would have taken him down...I don't know so much about that but she could easily have done so, I am unemployed and I hope that LAW ENFORCEMENT will start putting up more jobs out there to keep an eye out on sex offenders or track them or whatever, i already applied for riverside sheriff's department and they turned me down for correctional officer so I am hoping something new will come up soon, I want to get in an academy and not necessarily be a police officer but I am a girl and I am afraid that because I am not outgoing and that I have never had a job they won't hire me. There's also more that can be done with missing people and I know I am going off on my rocker but couldn't they hire people to research and find those people, why does it always have to be FBI and the police and PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS! Don't you have to go to a college to get a bachelor's degree first?! People don't even have money to go to college, plus some jobs you have to be physically fit like run 4-6 miles at an 8 min pace. This angers me... because I know most of you in here know more about sex offenders than I do and would probably be better equipped at preventing these kind of crimes than a "professional"....Even my mom was turned down because she couldn't pass a simple written test that I lied throughout ebcause I never had a job. What is going on in this world?!

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1248 on: March 12, 2010, 02:56:14 PM »

She herself has not murdered anyone and every PROFESSIONAL doctor recommends those drugs and various others for ADHD.
It is NOT a crime to give those drugs and every medical school in the nation teaches them to give these drugs..

The only thing mom is is stupid for not questioning the rules on these medications.
She would have gotten better results with a balanced life and diet in my humble opinion.

Who is guilty of teaching her and others to give these drugs is the AMA and the DRUG companies that push these drugs.. They teach them to give these drugs in college. It is part of her and others training.

Anyways that is my rant on the AMA .. A drug association of criminals in my opinion.

When I was around 18 or 19 years old, my doctor asked me if I wanted any drugs or medication, I mean I didn't even have to ask...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1249 on: March 12, 2010, 03:08:23 PM »

You are so right. I won't even attempt to go on my rant and what I think about all the drugs that are pushed onto a person with mental issues.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1250 on: March 12, 2010, 03:34:06 PM »

You are so right. I won't even attempt to go on my rant and what I think about all the drugs that are pushed onto a person with mental issues.

I'll admit I don't read every article.... But if he was prescribed the drugs by doctors and she gave them to him under their advisement, then I wouldn't blame her for following their instructions.. It's not that she gave them to him without prescriptions or prescribed them herself, right?

About her job, if her company has some sort of morals clause about how you hold yourself while out of work, maybe they are able to act on that.

If she allowed her son to live with her and didn't have him change his address - then I would fault her for allowing him to stay there. If her house was near a place where he shouldn't be,like a school, and she allowed him to stay there (i can't remember if it is) - I would fault her for that too. If she saw what was going on around her, like girls going missing, and she knows his history - then I would fault her for not going to the police to alert them he's been staying in the area with her. If she had even an inkling (or should have and ignored it) - I would fault her for that too.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1251 on: March 12, 2010, 03:48:09 PM »

has the kevin o'reilly board been deleted? the search engine is down or smething on scared monkeys.. anyway..looks like you all caught up on the news, things aren't going great for his mom, I don't think she deserves to be punished or to lose her job, her son had a mind of his own and he chose to do those things, I bet if his mom did catch him in the act she would have taken him down...I don't know so much about that but she could easily have done so, I am unemployed and I hope that LAW ENFORCEMENT will start putting up more jobs out there to keep an eye out on sex offenders or track them or whatever, i already applied for riverside sheriff's department and they turned me down for correctional officer so I am hoping something new will come up soon, I want to get in an academy and not necessarily be a police officer but I am a girl and I am afraid that because I am not outgoing and that I have never had a job they won't hire me. There's also more that can be done with missing people and I know I am going off on my rocker but couldn't they hire people to research and find those people, why does it always have to be FBI and the police and PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS! Don't you have to go to a college to get a bachelor's degree first?! People don't even have money to go to college, plus some jobs you have to be physically fit like run 4-6 miles at an 8 min pace. This angers me... because I know most of you in here know more about sex offenders than I do and would probably be better equipped at preventing these kind of crimes than a "professional"....Even my mom was turned down because she couldn't pass a simple written test that I lied throughout ebcause I never had a job. What is going on in this world?!

(Bolded by me)

Hi pi     Here is the link to the "Who is Kevin O'Reilly?" thread, which is over with Chelsea King's thread:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7303.720

The search function is still working, but the tech guy fixed it so if the board gets too busy, the search function is inoperable for a short time.  It automatically cuts off until the posting volume goes down.  So if you find it not working, try back again in bit. 

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1252 on: March 12, 2010, 04:52:34 PM »

Hi pi     Here is the link to the "Who is Kevin O'Reilly?" thread, which is over with Chelsea King's thread:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7303.720

The search function is still working, but the tech guy fixed it so if the board gets too busy, the search function is inoperable for a short time.  It automatically cuts off until the posting volume goes down.  So if you find it not working, try back again in bit. 

thanks muffy, it's working now.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1253 on: March 12, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »

I'll admit I don't read every article.... But if he was prescribed the drugs by doctors and she gave them to him under their advisement, then I wouldn't blame her for following their instructions.. It's not that she gave them to him without prescriptions or prescribed them herself, right?

About her job, if her company has some sort of morals clause about how you hold yourself while out of work, maybe they are able to act on that.

If she allowed her son to live with her and didn't have him change his address - then I would fault her for allowing him to stay there. If her house was near a place where he shouldn't be,like a school, and she allowed him to stay there (i can't remember if it is) - I would fault her for that too. If she saw what was going on around her, like girls going missing, and she knows his history - then I would fault her for not going to the police to alert them he's been staying in the area with her. If she had even an inkling (or should have and ignored it) - I would fault her for that too.

I have worked on the mental health unit in my city for the last eight years and I have to sign a contract yearly...stating that I will present myself in a respectable manner on and off duty.  If I were to get arrested I would be terminated.  If I was harboring a sex offender, I would be terminated.  I have to watch what I post on any social networking sites (not that I have anything that I couldn't post).  My guess would be that there was some sort of contract signed...but, maybe not.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1254 on: March 12, 2010, 05:23:45 PM »

Is This Gardner's Car?

A car believed to have belonged to the man accused of murdering Chelsea King was towed from an Escondido wrecking yard on Thursday morning and taken to a city holding facility.

As of 1 p.m., Escondido police had not returned a phone call to confirm the car did, in fact, belong to Gardner or the circumstances surrounding the impounding of the vehicle. Earlier this week in San Diego Superior Court, Judge David Danielson issued a gag order in the case involving John Gardner, who, in addition to being a suspect in the King case is also a focus of the investigation in the death of Amber Dubois.

The owner of Cardinal Auto Wrecking, however, said detectives asked him not to comment on the vehicle, an indication that there is a possible connection to Gardner.

The owner would not say, however, who brought in the vehicle to the salvage yard or confirm when it was brought in. The yard is located exactly three blocks from Gardner's last known residence in Escondido on Rock Springs Road.

The car towed from the wrecking yard on Thursday morning is a gold 1999 Grand Prix. That information may be significant. In October, a man bearing a resemblance to Gardner in a composite sketch was being sought in Riverside County for attempting to force a girl into a car at gunpoint as she walked to school. The girl was able to run away. She described the suspect's car at the time as a "'90s era gold four-door sedan, unknown make." That description would seem to match the car that was towed from the wreckage lot on Thursday.

The car was at the tow yard since January, sources said. The owner of the wreckage yard would not confirm the date but did say the vehicle identification numbers were forwarded to the DMV and Department of Justice, as is required by law. He also said the car was brought in with "front end damage." When it was towed away Thursday, the car appeared to have other damage as well. However, that could have been because parts of the car had been used as salvage.

Gardner is being held without bail. His preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 4.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Is-This-Gardners-Car.html

i wonder if gardner purposely wanted his car impounded, he could have sold it... maybe something smelled bad about it..

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1255 on: March 12, 2010, 05:26:52 PM »

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1256 on: March 12, 2010, 05:28:23 PM »

I have worked on the mental health unit in my city for the last eight years and I have to sign a contract yearly...stating that I will present myself in a respectable manner on and off duty.  If I were to get arrested I would be terminated.  If I was harboring a sex offender, I would be terminated.  I have to watch what I post on any social networking sites (not that I have anything that I couldn't post).  My guess would be that there was some sort of contract signed...but, maybe not.

Police officers are mentioned in a lot of the hashing groups and I don't see how they could be doing stuff like that when they have a code of conduct and its also in their contract or so I believe to abstain from drinking in public etc on and off duty...I think it's up to personnel to check up on these things or "IA" Internal Affairs or Human Resources...

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1257 on: March 12, 2010, 05:59:21 PM »

Police officers are mentioned in a lot of the hashing groups and I don't see how they could be doing stuff like that when they have a code of conduct and its also in their contract or so I believe to abstain from drinking in public etc on and off duty...I think it's up to personnel to check up on these things or "IA" Internal Affairs or Human Resources...
Yes, I think that you are right about that.  One way that I have seen it used is when the department wants someone gone...that is a definite way of making it happen.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1258 on: March 12, 2010, 06:25:23 PM »

Dubois family plans March 27 memorial for Amber

ESCONDIDO — The family of Amber Dubois is planning a public memorial for the Escondido teenager for March 27 in the Escondido High School stadium.

Amber, 14, disappeared while on her way to school on Feb. 13, 2009. Her remains were found Saturday in a rugged hillside area about three miles north of the Pala casino in North County.

Her father, Moe Dubois, said plans are still being made for the memorial. High school Principal Rich Watkins said Friday that the family reserved the stadium for 1 p.m.

“We’re just waiting to hear what they would like, and we’ll support them in any way we can,” Watkins said Friday.

Dubois said the family will hold a private burial for Amber on March 26 in Escondido.

The memorial will be the second this month for a slain North County teen.

On Saturday, a memorial for Chelsea King will be held at Poway High School. Several thousand people are expected to attend what is being planned as a celebration of the life of the high school senior who was killed while on a run at Rancho Bernardo Park last month.

Her body was found at the edge of Lake Hodges on March 2.

John Albert Gardner III, a registered sex offender from Lake Elsinore, has pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and rape.

Escondido police have said Gardner is the focus of their investigation into Amber’s death.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/12/dubois-family-plans-march-27-memorial-amber/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1259 on: March 12, 2010, 06:27:04 PM »

Schwarzenegger orders review of sex offender case

SACRAMENTO, Calif.—Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has ordered a review of the way the state handled the case of a convicted sex offender who is now a suspect in two San Diego County murders.
He's telling the state's Sex Offender Management Board to seek policy changes that could better protect the public from sexual predators.

He says the state must learn from the case of John Albert Gardner III, a suspect in the killings of teenagers Chelsea King and Amber Dubois.

The order Friday came a day after The Associated Press disclosed that the 30-year-old Gardner could have been sent back to prison in 2007 for parole violations.

http://**/news/ci_14665320

Had he been sent back to prison, he would have been evaluated for commitment to a state mental hospital as a sexually violent predator.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.