March 28, 2024, 11:04:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 566804 times)
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1380 on: March 20, 2010, 02:01:16 AM »

I was just over in the lindsey thread and it dawned on me...Long Beach? The phone had a ping in Long Beach? Isn't that new information? Why did this PI release it if the police haven't? 

New info to me.  Only recall one ping very short, tried to get into voice mail.  Never heard about Long Beach till today. 

I too only hears one ping

~ Repeated history is forgotten history.  Let us not forget ~

RIP: Natalee, Caylee, Sandra, Chelsea and Amber
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1381 on: March 20, 2010, 10:03:05 AM »

Gardner's truck repossessed four days after Amber Dubois went missing
Posted: Mar 20, 2010 1:14 AM EST
Updated: Mar 20, 2010 2:19 AM EST

A white pickup truck once owned by accused killer John Gardner has become the focus of crime scene investigators in the Amber Dubois murder case. Records obtained by News 8 show the truck was repossessed from Gardner just four days after the 14-year-old went missing.

The repossession documents prove Gardner was still driving the truck when Amber Dubois vanished while walking to Escondido High School on February 13, 2009.

Now, forensic investigators are combing through the truck looking for key evidence that could link Gardner to the student's death. (The photograph posted on this page is not the actual truck.  It is the same color, year and model).

Used car lot owner Paul Hashemi sold Gardner the white Chevy Silverado in October of 2006.

"To have known or have had contact with somebody like that is just shocking," Hashemi told News 8.

Hashemi owns the Value Cars dealership in National City. "We had an offsite sale at Qualcomm Stadium and he bought the vehicle there. It was a 2004 Chevy Silverado truck," Hashemi recalled.

At the Qualcomm Stadium tent sale, Hashemi remembers Gardner traded in a red 2000 Chevrolet Tracker with 266,795 miles on it. The registered owner of the Tracker was Gardner's mother, Cathy Osborn. The transaction stuck in Hashemi's mind because the mileage was extraordinarily high for a 2000 Tracker.

Gardner purchased the white Silverado on October 15, 2006 with 34,918 miles on it.

Hashemi showed News 8 paperwork showing the Silverado was repossessed from Gardner.

"Evidently he did not make payments," Hashemi said. "They repossessed the vehicle on February 17, 2009."

When it was repossessed, the Silverado had 115, 695 miles on it, according to records provided by Hashemi. That means Gardner put 80,777 miles on the Silverado over the course of 28 months, which averages out to about 35,000 miles per year.

The Automobile Club cites an average of 15,000 miles per year as typical of most drivers in the United States.

After it was repossessed, the Silverado was eventually resold to an immigrant living in Los Angeles.

FBI agents seized the vehicle on March 10, 2010, telling the new owner they needed to check out the truck for DNA.

"It is very likely (Amber Dubois) was in a vehicle, potentially that vehicle at some time," forensic DNA expert Suzanna Ryan told New 8.

Ryan believes if Amber was in that truck, investigators will find something: blood, hair, or perhaps bodily fluids.

"Even if the surface area of the vehicle was cleaned, it's possible a mixture of DNA from both individuals could have sunk deeper into the fabric," Ryan said.

If clothing was found at the spot where Amber's skeletal remains were discovered on March 6 in Pala, investigators will try to match those clothing fibers, too.

"So if we have clothing evidence from the victim, we can match that back to fiber evidence that still might be in that vehicle," Ryan said.

DNA evidence aside, the man who sold John Gardner that white Chevy pickup just can't stop thinking about the two girls who lost their lives.

"As a parent it's just a sickening feeling. My deepest condolences go to both families," Hashemi told News 8.

At the time the pickup was repossessed, it was missing one outside mirror and also had damage to the tailgate.

If you think you may have seen John Gardner driving that white pickup truck near Escondido High School, police would like to hear from you.
http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12174713

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1382 on: March 20, 2010, 11:14:04 AM »

Gardner's truck repossessed four days after Amber Dubois went missing
Posted: Mar 20, 2010 1:14 AM EST
Updated: Mar 20, 2010 2:19 AM EST

A white pickup truck once owned by accused killer John Gardner has become the focus of crime scene investigators in the Amber Dubois murder case. Records obtained by News 8 show the truck was repossessed from Gardner just four days after the 14-year-old went missing.

The repossession documents prove Gardner was still driving the truck when Amber Dubois vanished while walking to Escondido High School on February 13, 2009.

Now, forensic investigators are combing through the truck looking for key evidence that could link Gardner to the student's death. (The photograph posted on this page is not the actual truck.  It is the same color, year and model).

Used car lot owner Paul Hashemi sold Gardner the white Chevy Silverado in October of 2006.

"To have known or have had contact with somebody like that is just shocking," Hashemi told News 8.

Hashemi owns the Value Cars dealership in National City. "We had an offsite sale at Qualcomm Stadium and he bought the vehicle there. It was a 2004 Chevy Silverado truck," Hashemi recalled.

At the Qualcomm Stadium tent sale, Hashemi remembers Gardner traded in a red 2000 Chevrolet Tracker with 266,795 miles on it. The registered owner of the Tracker was Gardner's mother, Cathy Osborn. The transaction stuck in Hashemi's mind because the mileage was extraordinarily high for a 2000 Tracker.

Gardner purchased the white Silverado on October 15, 2006 with 34,918 miles on it.

Hashemi showed News 8 paperwork showing the Silverado was repossessed from Gardner.

"Evidently he did not make payments," Hashemi said. "They repossessed the vehicle on February 17, 2009."

When it was repossessed, the Silverado had 115, 695 miles on it, according to records provided by Hashemi. That means Gardner put 80,777 miles on the Silverado over the course of 28 months, which averages out to about 35,000 miles per year.

The Automobile Club cites an average of 15,000 miles per year as typical of most drivers in the United States.

After it was repossessed, the Silverado was eventually resold to an immigrant living in Los Angeles.

FBI agents seized the vehicle on March 10, 2010, telling the new owner they needed to check out the truck for DNA.

"It is very likely (Amber Dubois) was in a vehicle, potentially that vehicle at some time," forensic DNA expert Suzanna Ryan told New 8.

Ryan believes if Amber was in that truck, investigators will find something: blood, hair, or perhaps bodily fluids.

"Even if the surface area of the vehicle was cleaned, it's possible a mixture of DNA from both individuals could have sunk deeper into the fabric," Ryan said.

If clothing was found at the spot where Amber's skeletal remains were discovered on March 6 in Pala, investigators will try to match those clothing fibers, too.

"So if we have clothing evidence from the victim, we can match that back to fiber evidence that still might be in that vehicle," Ryan said.

DNA evidence aside, the man who sold John Gardner that white Chevy pickup just can't stop thinking about the two girls who lost their lives.

"As a parent it's just a sickening feeling. My deepest condolences go to both families," Hashemi told News 8.

At the time the pickup was repossessed, it was missing one outside mirror and also had damage to the tailgate.

If you think you may have seen John Gardner driving that white pickup truck near Escondido High School, police would like to hear from you.
http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12174713

80,777 miles in 28 months? That’s a lot of damn driving, perhaps surfing for victims, or driving in mountainous areas finding “good spots”.

I wonder if this SO chum of JAGs could have been the one to provide the information as to Amber’s whereabouts.  Do we know if Whitehair is still on parole, discharged, or incarcerated at this time?

Paladine
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1383 on: March 20, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »

Search Planned for Missing Teen

The cases of Chelsea King and Amber Dubois are calling attention to other cases of missing people -- including a 16-year-old boy from the North County.

Mickey Guidry from San Marcos disappeared during a Thanksgiving camping trip last year in the Anza Borrego Desert near Ocotillo Wells.

Family friend Chris Crawford says Mickey was grounded and took a family car to where his friends were camping. He didn’t have driver’s license. His friends gave him some gas money and told him to go home. Instead, he went driving alone in the dessert and his car got stuck.

"I don't know if he walked out and somebody picked him up or if he didn't make it out or what," Crawford said.

He says Mickey thinks he’s invincible and probably got in over his head.

”"He's a good kid he's just a 16-year-old knucklehead,” family friend Chris Crawford said.

It's been nearly four months and there is still no sign of the North County teenager.  A search is planned Saturday in the area Mickey was last seen.

The family of Escondido teenager Amber Dubois has spoken publicly about the case -- urging people to help find Mickey.

Mickey's family has set-up a Facebook page to help in the search. The case was initially classified as a runaway but the Facebook page says it's been changed to a missing person case.

Mickey's car was reportedly found disabled in a very remote section of the desert with his personal items still inside.  Pictures of the car on the Facebook page show the driver's side bumper and side view mirror had been torn off, the right front wheel appears to be worn down to the rim.

Another website is helping organize a search for Mickey Saturday at 9 a.m. Volunteers are asked to meet at the large parking area north west of the 78 near Highway S-2.  A map of the area on the website shows the exact location -- it's east of Julian in the Anza Borrego Desert State Park where the teenager went camping last Thanksgiving and his car was found.

The site describes the expansive search area as remote and rugged and asks that volunteers be aware of their fitness levels and come prepared with water, snacks, hiking gear and sun block.

According to the search website, the plan for Saturday is to split volunteers into several large groups one will include off-road vehicles while others will search on foot.

The San Diego Sheriff's department has classified the case as a "runaway" and are still pursuing leads, but they say Guidry has a history of runaway attempts.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Search-Planned-for-Missing-Teen--88562227.html

I found this comment on your article about Mickey...do not verify it IS Mickey's Mom but media and police need to be careful throwing around the 'runaway' label...

"anonymous This is Mickey's mother~ this story has certain things that were not verified, such as "previous runaway attempts". He does NOT have previous runaway attempts~ Mickey took a dirt bike out of our garage without permission and went joyriding. I'd hardly classify that as running away. And the San Diego Sheriff's Dept do not have him classified as a runaway, he is "missing"."

Source: Search Planned for Missing Teen | NBC San Diego
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1384 on: March 20, 2010, 02:16:57 PM »

I read somewhere that mickey was in the FFA also.  Or am I trippin!?

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1385 on: March 20, 2010, 03:22:43 PM »

There's a person by the name of Christopher Gregory Whitehair (12/31/1970), also a sex offender. He is incarcerated and is from riverside county. I couldn't find a picture of him. I think Chris (29) and Dominic Whitehair (35) could be related.
http://public-access.riverside.courts.ca.gov
http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/cgi/prosoma.dll?searchby=offender&id=18603217I0955

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1386 on: March 21, 2010, 04:45:44 PM »

i don't know if this is relevant to Amber DuBois. But a 23 year old hispanic male robbed a chase bank in Wildomar, the suspect's vehicle was a newer maroon toyota tundra with extra cab, chrome rims and raised suspension. The suspect was arrested in Lake Elsinore on March 18, 2010 for attempted bank robbery there. The suspect was identified as Manuel Enrique-Ortiz, 23 years old of the City of Vista. Same suspect vehicle, area/location, and alleged suspect description the tall dark boy..Manuel Ortiz had a handgun...I've been wondering if Amber was robbed for a long time now, Gardner is being investigated for Amber's disappearance, maybe this is just a coincidence. I just don't think Amber is Gardner's "type" meaning athletic not "bookish" as they say in the articles. Amber is street smart and smart, why would she go into a car with him, i am still wondering if Gardner was even in possession of a gun or has ever used a knife. I don't think Gardner uses weapons. Gardner would have had to get out of his car to get Amber into it, this does not make sense to me, how a big guy like him could get her without anyone noticing. It would take somebody else who is more street wise to do something like this, perhaps a bank robber who knows how to escape without anyone noticing...JMO, I don't believe that man in the maroon truck in the surveillance video was the same truck that belonged to the parent who says he was dropping of his kid.
LINKS: http://www.riversidesheriff.org/press/lak10-0309.htm  suspect picture robbing bank
         http://www.riversidesheriff.org/press/lak10-0317.htm   suspect identified as manuel enriquez-ortiz

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1387 on: March 21, 2010, 04:55:12 PM »

Mickey Guidry was involved in the FFA, I just dont know how he was involved.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1388 on: March 21, 2010, 05:07:16 PM »

Amber was described by her mother as not being street smart and on the more innocent side of the spectrum.
Ambers crime is similar to the young girl in Lake Elisinor who was approached by the man in the car with a gun, in the early morning hours, before school while she walked alone. This girl said Gardner is the same guy.
I think these are the reasons it is believed there maybe a connection.
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1389 on: March 21, 2010, 05:22:01 PM »

Tracygirl you are right because when they look at that surveillance video maybe they'll find the real suspect vehicle in there, and not that maroon truck that has been looked at for so long as the suspect vehicle. Gardner btw has made himself a huge target to all sex offenders in California now that they added new rules, just don't know specifically what they are.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1390 on: March 21, 2010, 06:46:19 PM »

80,777 miles in 28 months? That’s a lot of damn driving, perhaps surfing for victims, or driving in mountainous areas finding “good spots”.

28 months = 850 days
80,777 /by 850 = 95 miles a day, 95.031
thats a lot of cruisin around town

yep and prob more victims

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1391 on: March 21, 2010, 07:07:53 PM »

maybe he was doing that carpool thing and was getting extra cash that way, that or he made house calls, being an electrician that is one way to get a lot of money.

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1392 on: March 21, 2010, 09:17:24 PM »

maybe he was doing that carpool thing and was getting extra cash that way, that or he made house calls, being an electrician that is one way to get a lot of money.

Good Evening Monkeys and Guest!

Just trying to catch up on the threads.

PIwanna.......Who and what are you talking about in the above post. I am totally lost! Sorry!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1393 on: March 21, 2010, 10:20:55 PM »

in response to piwannaberookie...I agree and it seems odd that there are reports of Amber walking quickly with a thin dark skinned man.  I wouldn't rule Gardner out...but, that part doesn't seem to fit. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1394 on: March 21, 2010, 11:24:39 PM »

I was talking about Gardner and why he had way more miles on his truck than he should have, I was suggesting he may have been carpooling, that is using his car to transport people to and from work, or maybe he made a lot of house calls, I thought I read in an article he was an electrician, those people make a lot of money for doing nothing most of the time. One time we had a big rat in our house and we called a pest control guy, he came to the house and inspected the area where the rat was and did nothing about it and yet he charged $100 for just coming to the house and telling us what we already knew. I thought maybe Gardner could have been making his money this way, or maybe someone else was using the car..

Good Evening Monkeys and Guest!

Just trying to catch up on the threads.

PIwanna.......Who and what are you talking about in the above post. I am totally lost! Sorry!

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1395 on: March 22, 2010, 12:47:04 AM »

i have no investigative experience, so I only go on my "gut feelings" maybe my gut feeling is wrong about amber being robbed, gardner pretended he was going to rob the jogger in december, they police made the report into a robbery instead of a sexual assault, so that is kind of what I am doing here, making a sexual assault appear to be a robbery, how weird is that.

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1396 on: March 22, 2010, 01:07:06 AM »

I wonder if Gardner was even concerned about how much money he was wasting driving around if he was just looking for...if this is what sex offenders do all day, I wonder what they or gardner put in for his taxes for mileage driven to work, wish we could get his tax return information for 2009 that is if he was planning to do his taxes.  I'm doing my mom's taxes right now and that is where I left off so that is why I am thinking about taxes, time to go to sleep now, good nght everyone.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1397 on: March 23, 2010, 12:28:44 PM »

in response to piwannaberookie...I agree and it seems odd that there are reports of Amber walking quickly with a thin dark skinned man.  I wouldn't rule Gardner out...but, that part doesn't seem to fit. 

After Amber was found the witness was said to say the man walking with her was "doughy". That to me means he was not thin?

I think Gardner fits maybe he didn't work alone? He was said to hang out with another sex offender, maybe there were more he hung out with? Time will tell I suppose.
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1398 on: March 23, 2010, 01:42:20 PM »

is that why the police are keeping quiet, there are more suspects, so they don't want to alert them. I hope they don't come on this board.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1399 on: March 23, 2010, 01:42:59 PM »

I doubt that witness account was creditable..

From a privious article.. The P.I. hired by ambers grandmother is saying He/She is the one who sent LE to the site where Ambwer was located.

This could take Gardner OUT and there coul;d be a possible OTHER culprit ??
I am not sure ..

Just saking
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.