March 28, 2024, 03:24:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 566861 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1400 on: March 23, 2010, 01:45:33 PM »

sorry for the typos
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1401 on: March 23, 2010, 01:57:09 PM »

sorry for the typos

No worries, Edward.  You may have rambling fingers, but your heart is in the right place.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1402 on: March 23, 2010, 02:26:18 PM »

The tip was given by the PI the day before, it makes sense they acted on that tip. However it could have been the girlfriend, or you know it could have been both of them saying the same area? Right now it is all speculation I guess.
I don't think Gardner is taken out unless he has a rock solid alibi or if trace or DNA evidence leads away from him. He has not been named a suspect but a person of interest or at least someone Le said they are looking at. What leads ME to think he could have done this is the girl in Lake Elsinore. That was the same time of day, same sort of victim (age and walking alone). She has told police he was the one that approached her that morning.  There are the other girls in Poway as well right? did they say Gardner approached them as well?

We are going to have to see what happens I guess.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1403 on: March 23, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »

Rumor is...was told to me by a friend of a friend of (?)2 independent people in 2 different areas of LE, that it was Gardner that pointed out where Amber's body was.

Time will tell if that rumor is true or not.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1404 on: March 23, 2010, 06:03:34 PM »

Klaas, delete that post if it is not appropriate...thanks.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1405 on: March 23, 2010, 06:06:27 PM »

in response to piwannaberookie...I agree and it seems odd that there are reports of Amber walking quickly with a thin dark skinned man.  I wouldn't rule Gardner out...but, that part doesn't seem to fit. 

After Amber was found the witness was said to say the man walking with her was "doughy". That to me means he was not thin?

I think Gardner fits maybe he didn't work alone? He was said to hang out with another sex offender, maybe there were more he hung out with? Time will tell I suppose.
I sure would not rule Gardner out.  It is obvious through various accounts that he is bold...wouldn't be concerned with exposure.  I just recalled reading that report...so, it wasn't adding up.  "Doughy" would fit Gardner.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1406 on: March 23, 2010, 06:18:31 PM »

It certainly could be true that Gardner would have been the one who told them where to find Amber (or took them to), given how soon they found Amber after JAG's arrest.

However, the reports were that he was not being helpful, so who knows. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1407 on: March 23, 2010, 06:35:13 PM »

It certainly could be true that Gardner would have been the one who told them where to find Amber (or took them to), given how soon they found Amber after JAG's arrest.

However, the reports were that he was not being helpful, so who knows. 

Shell the post is fine.  We will find out eventually what is true. 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1408 on: March 23, 2010, 06:43:28 PM »

The avaters are getting better and better all the time.. Is that Brany's work  ?
You all look great.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1409 on: March 23, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »

The avaters are getting better and better all the time.. Is that Brany's work  ?
You all look great.

I don't know which if any particular avatars you were mentioning Edward, but CBB and Brandi both do work on avatars, and I believe Klaas still does some and some monkeys may do something with theirs also.  Regardless, the avatars are looking nice 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1410 on: March 24, 2010, 09:47:23 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/24/us/24calprisons.html?pagewanted=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&src=ig

California, in Financial Crisis, Opens Prison Doors

By RANDAL C. ARCHIBOLD
Published: March 23, 2010

[snip]
California is the only state that places all prisoners on parole at release, no matter the offense, Professor Petersilia said, and usually for one to three years. If a parolee is arrested or fails a drug test or misses an appointment with a parole officer, the offender lands back in prison.

Now, low-level offenders will not need to meet regularly with a parole officer and must be convicted of a new crime to be sent back.
[snip]

Considering the offenses JAG committed, I am wondering just what kind of offenses must one commit to be sent back? The key word is "convicted". If speeding tickets, unregistered cars, smoking pot and drinking, not showing up for court appearances(for traffic offenses) are not followed through with, then what? They must be convicted of a new crime. So it seems to me that would have to be a pretty serious crime to land an ex con back in prison. That is a sad state of affairs. IMHO

ok, we all know that this statement>"If a parolee is arrested or fails a drug test or misses an appointment with a parole officer, the offender lands back in prison."...is a bunch of bull!

Very interesting article about the State of California's prison system.

NCMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1411 on: March 24, 2010, 12:05:42 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/24/us/24calprisons.html?pagewanted=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&src=ig

California, in Financial Crisis, Opens Prison Doors

By RANDAL C. ARCHIBOLD
Published: March 23, 2010

[snip]
California is the only state that places all prisoners on parole at release, no matter the offense, Professor Petersilia said, and usually for one to three years. If a parolee is arrested or fails a drug test or misses an appointment with a parole officer, the offender lands back in prison.

Now, low-level offenders will not need to meet regularly with a parole officer and must be convicted of a new crime to be sent back.
[snip]

Considering the offenses JAG committed, I am wondering just what kind of offenses must one commit to be sent back? The key word is "convicted". If speeding tickets, unregistered cars, smoking pot and drinking, not showing up for court appearances(for traffic offenses) are not followed through with, then what? They must be convicted of a new crime. So it seems to me that would have to be a pretty serious crime to land an ex con back in prison. That is a sad state of affairs. IMHO

ok, we all know that this statement>"If a parolee is arrested or fails a drug test or misses an appointment with a parole officer, the offender lands back in prison."...is a bunch of bull!

Very interesting article about the State of California's prison system.

Shell,
This another interesting article I saw today about Ca. and the death penalty.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/22/california-killers-sit-symbolic-death-row-decades-costing-billions/In California,

Killers Sit on 'Symbolic' Death Row for Decades, Costing Billions
By Ed Barnes  - FOXNews.com
The state of California is losing billions of dollars keeping hundreds of prisoners on death row -- but the ultimate punishment is mostly symbolic in the state, where inmates ply the appeals process for decade after decade and are more likely to die of old age than by execution...........................
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1412 on: March 24, 2010, 12:18:44 PM »

Mike, and the article I posted also said..it cost the state an average of $47,000. per year per inmate. 

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1413 on: March 24, 2010, 12:52:26 PM »

Mike, and the article I posted also said..it cost the state an average of $47,000. per year per inmate. 

I have also heard that 1/3 of our inmates are illegal aliens. I don't understand why we are paying $47k a year for someone who is in our country illegally. Deport them already!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1414 on: March 24, 2010, 01:34:12 PM »

I think the worry is if we deport them they will come back and possibly commit the crime again. I can see both points.
I think cutting back on what a prisoner gets is a good solution. 2 meals not 3, maybe they can do without new eye glasses every year, medical treatment maybe at a min, dental only when they need a tooth pulled...lets see what else, no cable, no internet. I think the point is supposed to be life in prison should not be easier then life outside prison.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1415 on: March 24, 2010, 02:17:24 PM »

They commit crimes again..No matter what they are criminal in there behavior pattern or they would not be illegals in the first place.
jmho
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1416 on: March 24, 2010, 03:52:32 PM »

I think the worry is if we deport them they will come back and possibly commit the crime again. I can see both points.
I think cutting back on what a prisoner gets is a good solution. 2 meals not 3, maybe they can do without new eye glasses every year, medical treatment maybe at a min, dental only when they need a tooth pulled...lets see what else, no cable, no internet. I think the point is supposed to be life in prison should not be easier then life outside prison.

Sheriff Joe Arpio in Arizona agrees with you, and that is what he is doing.  Pink underwear and green bologna to boot! 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1417 on: March 25, 2010, 11:30:35 AM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/25/upbeat-memorial-to-celebrate-amber/

‘Upbeat’ memorial to celebrate Amber
Escondido girl’s love of animals to be highlighted

By Janet Lavelle, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 2:31 a.m.

When Amber Dubois went missing more than a year ago, family members, friends, law enforcement agents and strangers set out to find the Escondido teenager.

In the months that followed, an awful uncertainty gnawed at the hopes many initially held that the 14-year-old girl would be found alive.

On Saturday, a memorial for the freckle-faced freshman will be held at the Escondido High School stadium, an event her family has designed to celebrate Amber’s life and to comfort those aching over her death.

Amber’s remains were found March 6 in a rugged hillside area north of Pala. She had vanished while walking to school Feb. 13, 2009.

“I think it’s going to be very upbeat in Amber’s honor,” said Tina Leach, part of a core group of volunteers who spent most weekends for 13 months searching for Amber and blanketing the county with thousands of fliers. “I think it will bring resolution. It’s just very hard to believe this has happened.”

Leach didn’t know Amber or her family when the teen disappeared, but the mission of finding her brought Leach close to Amber’s parents, Carrie McGonigle and Moe Dubois. Leach was with McGonigle when word came of the discovery in Pala.

“I felt that Amber was alive the whole time,” Leach said. “The volunteers became a family, and we wanted to bring Amber home. We did bring her home — not in the way we had hoped, but at least now we know she’s safe.”

No arrests have been made in Amber’s death, but Escondido police have said convicted sex offender John Albert Gardner III is a focus of their investigation. Gardner is being held without bail after pleading not guilty to charges of rape and murder in the death of Poway teenager Chelsea King. Chelsea, 17, disappeared Feb. 25 after going for a run in Rancho Bernardo Community Park. Her body was found in a shallow grave near Lake Hodges five days later.

Amber’s memorial will pay tribute to Chelsea and to Danielle van Dam and Polly Klaas, two other slain children whose parents offered support to Amber’s parents over the agonizing months.

Brenda and Damon van Dam lost their 7-year-old daughter, Danielle, in 2002, when she was abducted from their Sabre Springs home by a neighbor and murdered.

Polly Klaas, 12, was kidnapped from her Northern California home by a stranger and murdered in 1993. Dubois and McGonigle asked Polly’s father, Marc Klaas, and his KlaasKids Foundation for Children to help search for Amber.

On Saturday, the parents of all four girls will release doves in their honor.

Chelsea’s parents, Kelly and Brent King, said the parents are forever linked by their children’s tragic deaths.

“The only other people who can truly understand what you’re going through and walk in your shoes are, unfortunately, the ones who have been there themselves,” Kelly King said. “So, I think you’re forever bound in experience and grief.”

Amber’s love of animals will be reflected at her memorial in ways that surely would have tickled the teen. She was the kind of girl who wore the same necklace for months because the ebony center on its silver pendant set off the shape of a tiny shining wolf. Amber loved wolves — their beauty, strength and the natural world they represented.

At the memorial, Frankie the TV star wolf will be one of a number of special animal guests. Frankie will be brought from Working Wildlife ranch north of Los Angeles, which is home to more than 100 animals that perform in television and movie productions.

The year-old black male wolf has appeared on late-night talk shows and the HBO vampire series “True Blood.”

Fallbrook-based Pacific Animal Productions will bring a llama, miniature horse, monkey and python as well.

“We were asked to bring them as a tribute to Amber’s love for animals, and we were happy to do that,” said Karla Majewski, owner of the private zoo that offers educational programs. “We chose these animals because we were told they were some of her favorites.”

Amber had been carrying a check for $200 the morning she disappeared. The money would have paid for a lamb she planned to raise as an FFA project.

The Escondido High FFA raised the animal and sold it last year in Amber’s name, donating the proceeds to search efforts.

Agriculture teacher Mark Reyburn will join Amber’s parents and friends as a speaker Saturday. Amber also leaves behind a younger sister, Allison, now 6.

McGonigle said her hope for the memorial is that “everybody leaves knowing who Amber was and that everyone leaves knowing that she lived a good life.”

One legacy of Amber’s disappearance has been an increased awareness of the need to teach teens self-defense strategies.

Escondido High Principal Rich Watkins said that awareness surged after Chelsea was killed.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1418 on: March 25, 2010, 01:03:50 PM »

Thank-you Klaas, and I love that the family is going to be highlighting Amber's love of animals  an angelic monkey
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1419 on: March 25, 2010, 01:47:16 PM »

I wish I could be there. It sounds as though they are going to have a very nice tribute for Amber.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.